• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

Forgot to mention also plan on doing the impression thread / OT thing for Tokyo New World Order: Operation Abyss also. But same general stuff as what was mentioned with the reply about the Stranger of Sword City reply.

No idea, considering I never bother with the manuals. Hang on let me flip through it. It explains a bunch of other stuff but what exactly the stats are dont see a page for it. Talks about other useful stuff though. Since you got the game go flip through it. Dont assume if you can actually go look for yourself. lol

STR
- Effects physical attack power.
- Certain skill proc rates
- Gazer Bolt, Blast skill strength

INT
-Max MP (calculated from Class + Race + Lv + INT & MYS)
-Wizard spell effectiveness
-Strength of some attack items.

MYS
-Max MP (calculated from Class + Race + Lv + INT & MYS)
-Healer spell effectiveness
-Gazer Heart success rate + amount healed
-Mana recovery I & II + amount recovered
-Amount healed from certain items

VIT
-Max HP (calculated from Class + Race + Lv + VIT)
-Defense rating

AGI
-Initiative in battle
-Dual wield / Sub weapon attack strength (If under 25 you receive a penalty)
-Accuracy for physical attacks and Evade chance

LUC
-Success rate with status effect type of skills. Also defense against them
-Effects certain skills, initiative in battle (devotion, killer edge chance to proc are 2 examples)
-Damage of the Wizard spell (Omega Impact)

This is just the very general info. More detailed stuff exists but dont want to waste my time further translating shit from the JP wiki

I don't have the game, I was asking on behalf of the poster unsure about what some of the stat icons represented. Thanks for the info though.

pariah164

Welp.

USY3Y4F.jpg

The fan service in this is nothing compared to Conception II imo. I couldn't stand how much it was thrown at me in that game. Here it's very unintrusive if you ask me. I forget it's even in here honestly most the time.

That's the whole point of Conception II. I'd be worried if there wasn't a crapton of fanservice in it.

Malreyn

In Ruby City, the floor is literally lava. I then fought
Mars
and... she ran away, basically. What do?

Continue capturing all the remaining circles
then you unlock the tile for the real Mars fight which is MUCH harder

edit: beaten

vocab

More stones equal harder monster. Good to know. Almost beat that goblin king but I basically used up everything and healed him self like crazy.

Lucentto

Banned
Played quite a bit today. I beat
Hermes
and
the Mimic
today. This game is damn good, I better see another game from this developer in the West soon.

RangerBAD

Played quite a bit today. I beat
Hermes
and
the Mimic
today. This game is damn good, I better see another game from this developer in the West soon.

Their next two games come out like a month apart in Japan. July and August. Maybe we'll get a 2-for-1!

TraBuch

Banned
Is it just me or is Holy Shield kinda OP? Combine that with the Paladin's taunt abillity and two characters with Slash and I'm autoing through every single random encounter.

vocab

Is it just me or is Holy Shield kinda OP? Combine that with the Paladin's taunt abillity and two characters with Slash and I'm autoing through every single random encounter.

The better question is when isn't a paladin broken in any game period.

Holy damn.

Mars just handed me my ass on a platter. Need better armor or something.

Leather equipment is weak to fire

I just added a ranger to my squad to bring my party to 4.
Leveling up to take on
chronos & mars

Wrote NIS and thanked them for localizing and asked for Stranger of Sword City!
/dungeoncrawlnerdgasm

Razma1

Healing staff used as an item + item training arts are good times. Also outside of battle spam healing staff for unlimited heals.

Phototropic

Neo Member
I started playing today and am looking forward to it. I just ran through the first dungeon area after the intro, and I've not played any games in this genre before. Something about uncovering the map appeals to me.

Here's my stats so far:
(Viewable in battle log in your room)

Playtime 6:41
Kill count 486 units
---
Beast 104 units
Undead 76 units
Organism 269 units
Spirit 34 units
God 3 units
---
Battles won 145 times
Gear strengthened 0 times
Circle battles 39 times
Ether extracted 0 times
Items found 18%
Monsters found 13%

NIN90

What's a suitable difficulty for someone who never really got into this sort of RPG but who can take a challenge?

Bl85VZhCAAA9pma.jpg

Well...this sucks.

41 hours in and right at the end of the game. Went to load up my save file and got an error message saying the game (as well as all my other games) were corrupt. Was told to reboot the Vita so I did that. All my games are fine and other save files seem okay. Except for my Demon Gaze file unfortunately...

At any rate I really enjoyed my time with the game. Some of the bosses that recovered a big chunk of health every few turns were pretty annoying but other than that this is a really solid game. Also my first time playing a first person dungeon crawler like this. What would be other go to dungeon crawlers I should check out later when I have more free time? Etrian Odyssey has always jumped out to me as one I'd like to check out but I'm not sure of what others might be good to look into.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What's a suitable difficulty for someone who never really got into this sort of RPG but who can take a challenge?

Just play on normal. Since you can change it any time you want, adjust it once you see how the normal mode is.

Parakeetman

Bl85VZhCAAA9pma.jpg

Well...this sucks.

41 hours in and right at the end of the game. Went to load up my save file and got an error message saying the game (as well as all my other games) were corrupt. Was told to reboot the Vita so I did that. All my games are fine and other save files seem okay. Except for my Demon Gaze file unfortunately...

At any rate I really enjoyed my time with the game. Some of the bosses that recovered a big chunk of health every few turns were pretty annoying but other than that this is a really solid game. Also my first time playing a first person dungeon crawler like this. What would be other go to dungeon crawlers I should check out later when I have more free time? Etrian Odyssey has always jumped out to me as one I'd like to check out but I'm not sure of what others might be good to look into.

Oi thats not good... If you have any idea on what happened you might want to email NISA about it or leave a message here on steps that you did before hand. Since am sure they are watching this thread.

EO would be an enjoyable experience. There are other titles out there too, but if you got a 3DS yeah check out the EO games. Though just dont expect like voice and as much story content. The newer EO game forgot the name, the remake of the first is more story centric and has voice work in it. (At least the JP one did)

Perona

Bl85VZhCAAA9pma.jpg

Well...this sucks.

Wow that sucks, this is why I'm glad I have PS+. Also you should definitely check out Etrian Odyssey.

hongcha

41 hours in and right at the end of the game.

Sorry to hear that. Did you fight the last boss? It took me 10 hours of leveling and a ton of luck to beat that thing, absolutely brutal difficulty. It makes everything else in the game seem like the difficulty of a Kirby game.

Verelios

Oi thats not good... If you have any idea on what happened you might want to email NISA about it or leave a message here on steps that you did before hand. Since am sure they are watching this thread.

EO would be an enjoyable experience. There are other titles out there too, but if you got a 3DS yeah check out the EO games. Though just dont expect like voice and as much story content. The newer EO game forgot the name, the remake of the first is more story centric and has voice work in it. (At least the JP one did)
Etrian Odyssey Untold. It's a great re-imagining of the first EO, and although Sub classes from the later series is gone, there's an actual (sparse) narrative attached.

I would definitely say it's something to look into. And for that matter, SMTIV is good for someone who doesn't extensively play Dungeob Crawlers, but I'm not sure what the consensus of it actually being a Dungeon Crawler is.

I'm really not sure what I did. Saved the game like usual and closed it earlier today. Went to load it back up and that's when the error message showed up. And yeah I have a 3DS I was close to picking up the most recent EO but didn't have a whole lot of time when it came out so I passed on it. Might check it out.

Wow that sucks, this is why I'm glad I have PS+. Also you should definitely check out Etrian Odyssey.

For some reason my PS+ didn't have the save file uploaded. I immediately checked and it just wasn't there. Not sure why but yeah.

Sorry to hear that. Did you fight the last boss? It took me 10 hours of leveling and a ton of luck to beat that thing, absolutely brutal difficulty. It makes everything else in the game seem like the difficulty of a Kirby game.

I was stuck on
Ether Mirage
. I'll be forever haunted by it now.

So my first encounter with Mars and she wipes the floor with me.

What am I suppose to do? Grind for more levels? Grind for better equips? Somehow grind for money? Explore the other area?

I just feel like I gimped myself by making a samurai first, heh.

pariah164

What am I suppose to do? Grind for more levels? Grind for better equips? Somehow grind for money? Explore the other area?

Get yourself a Mimsy Healer and a Dwarf Paladin. Might take a bit to grind the gold for those, but I got my healer and holy crap, life is already easier.

Parakeetman

How many party members do you have? Since at least getting a third one helps. If you are trying to dance with mars with only 2 members expect for it to end poorly lol.

Truthfully I must say that the Ney is fantastic for samurai since if they do the front row all attack skill when they unlock it combined with insta-kill procing weapon it helps clear out weaker enemies faster first. This is due to their high racial speed rating. Though yeah HP is another problem.

ZeroAKA

Remove your leather gear. They're weak to fire.

How many party members do you have? Since at least getting a third one helps. If you are trying to dance with mars with only 2 members expect for it to end poorly lol.

Truthfully I must say that the Ney is fantastic for samurai since if they do the front row all attack skill when they unlock it combined with insta-kill procing weapon it helps clear out weaker enemies faster first. This is due to their high racial speed rating. Though yeah HP is another problem.

I barely got enough money to get a new member but not enough for the room. I feel like I should just restart and not choose a glass cannon as my first teammate, lol.

Remove your leather gear. They're weak to fire.

I don't have any on. I mean Mars basically 2HKOs me at this point.

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something besides grind more

Top Bottom