• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Sullichin

Killed the Penetrator, was a great fight.

Going to do 4-2 now, but those Lasers :/, any tip to get past those?

If you time it right, and you're lucky, you can make a mad dash sprint and roll underneath it right as you are about to run into the shadowlurker. Rolling when you're not close will result in YOU DIED in my experience.

If you have the dark silver shield, rune shield, or ring of magical dullness, you can up your magic DEF and thus probably not get destroyed if you get hit. You can block it with the dark silver shield pretty well too. Don't even bother killing the shadowlurker, hit them enough for you to be able to get past, and then kill the nearby reaper so they stop respawning.

Only 1-4 and Allant left on my SL1 run. Holy shit. I've played it over a dozen times and only got to Allant once. I usually die to one of the red eyed knights. I need to be more patient.

Soulhouf

Only 1-4 and Allant left on my SL1 run. Holy shit. I've played it over a dozen times and only got to Allant once. I usually die to one of the red eyed knights. I need to be more patient.

I would love to play Demon's Souls SL1 but the problem is that you have to play a Royalty and use magic and I hate doing that...
Can you play melee only at SL1 like in Dark Souls?

Sullichin

I would love to play Demon's Souls SL1 but the problem is that you have to play a Royalty and use magic and I hate doing that...
Can you play melee only at SL1 like in Dark Souls?

Hell yeah, I'm 90% melee only. Dragon Long sword +4 (can only use it 2 handed) or Crescent Falchion +4 depending on the situation. Buckler if I'm using a shield.

The only boss I killed with magic was Armor Spider, and really it's because I didn't feel like upgrading a bow or doing that fight melee, which I hate. Oh, and I popped on the ring of magical nature and attuned Warding for the Storm King fight. Getting killed in 1 shot by the big manta ray's homing attacks was unacceptably frustrating. Not a fan of either of those bosses. If I really wanted to, I could have beaten them without relying on magic, but like every other playthrough, I just kind of want to get them over with. I want to do 1-4 and Allant without warding though. So I will. I'll just die a million times trying.

Soul arrow is helpful when you don't yet have a good weapon, but you don't need it to beat 1-1, and I pretty much just made a suicide run for the crescent falchion after that. After a while I'm not even sure how useful soul ray/soul arrow would be at later levels as SL1. I used pyromancy on my SL1 in Dark Souls more than I used magic at SL1 here, and I was mostly melee in Dark Souls too.

You can do it. I haven't beaten it yet but I'd say Dark Souls SL1 is actually a bit harder. I certainly had more trouble with O&S and Four Kings than I did with flamelurker and maneater, and you beat those guys on your first try at SL1 iirc. But then again the actual levels are definitely harder to get through than Dark Souls so maybe it's about even.

Soulhouf

@Sullichin: Wow I didn't know you could use swords with a SL1 character o_O
Hmm I need to consider trying a SL1 run in Demon's Souls
I found doing it in Dark Souls really easy and I always had issues with Demon's Souls (at a normal SL) despite beating it over 10 times. I find the game way more threatening (Tower of Latria and Valley of Defilement are still haunting me lol).

Anyway thanks for the answer, I will try doing it when I have some time.

Sullichin

@Sullichin: Wow I didn't know you could use swords with a SL1 character o_O
Hmm I need to consider trying a SL1 run in Demon's Souls
I found doing it in Dark Souls really easy and I always had issues with Demon's Souls (at a normal SL) despite beating it over 10 times. I find the game way more threatening (Tower of Latria and Valley of Defilement are still haunting me lol).

Anyway thanks for the answer, I will try doing it when I have some time.

Yeah your options include rapier, falchion, scimitar, short sword, long sword (2 hand only). There might be more. You can make a dragon short sword and use it one handed but I just picked up the dragon long sword from 2-2 and upgraded that. The buckler is good enough for light dodging and is great for parry/riposte. For bosses, I don't use a shield.

The levels in Demon's are more threatening than Dark Souls, and the enemies are way harder to run past. I still get wrecked by the skeletons in shrine of storms sometimes. The bosses for the most part are easier though

Raptor

Yeah your options include rapier, falchion, scimitar, short sword, long sword (2 hand only). There might be more. You can make a dragon short sword and use it one handed but I just picked up the dragon long sword from 2-2 and upgraded that. The buckler is good enough for light dodging and is great for parry/riposte. For bosses, I don't use a shield.

The levels in Demon's are more threatening than Dark Souls, and the enemies are way harder to run past. I still get wrecked by the skeletons in shrine of storms sometimes. The bosses for the most part are easier though

Where exactly can you find that weapon?

I remember doing that level but I think I was so overweight of items and I didnt wanted to drop stuff, maybe if I do another run I could find it?

I want an alternative to my Crescent falchion +4 I have now, I use that pretty much on everything but the skeletons, for those I use a Club.

Sullichin

Where exactly can you find that weapon?

I remember doing that level but I think I was so overweight of items and I didnt wanted to drop stuff, maybe if I do another run I could find it?

I want an alternative to my Crescent falchion +4 I have now, I use that pretty much on everything but the skeletons, for those I use a Club.

It is at the end of a tunnel near the far end of the lava area. It's confusing navigating down there.. that's the best I can say off the top of my head.

It's worth noting that you can take many weapons to +3 and then make it a dragon (fire) weapon from there, at the 2-1 blacksmith. You need dragonstone to upgrade, which is found throughout world 2 - you probably have enough from just playing the levels to upgrade it once or twice. I'm only using the dragon longsword because as level 1 your options are limited. But I have a character that uses a dragon halberd and I love it.

Mxrz

I couldn't sleep this morning, so I flipped on Demon's Souls with the intention of looking at my old characters. I haven't really played the game since last year. I've been playing Dark Souls heavily ever since. So I did 1-2 and 1-3 on a faith character that I'd started before getting Dark, and once again, I was completely blown away by Demon's Souls. I'm amazed at how different it feels. Random half-awake thoughts:

- Is it just me, or is everything a lot faster? Run speed, weapons, attack speed, enemies attacks, animations, everything. My gal had fast roll & Blessed mace going, but most of my Dark Souls characters have similar setups. Even the enemies felt like they were on speed.

- Black/Silver Knights ain't got shit on the Red-eye Knights. These jerks are aggressive as hell, and with the faster pace don't telegraph all their attacks so clearly. A single backstab didn't nearly one-shot them either.

- Enemies are much more varied. Different soldiers, different attack patterns. And they come at you in groups. - I'd made it to the gate in 1-3, and was fighting the Jailer, when Ostrava started screaming. Finished off the Jailer, and was surprised when 2 Red knights and a spear soldier all came through the gate at once. Then at the end, I somehow aggro'd all 3 knights, two crossbows, the two axes and the spear soldier all together. Bastards chased me nearly back to the start of the level.

- So many ranged attackers, firing so fast. Seems like these were dialed down in Dark Souls outside of the Toxic dart guys in Blighttown.

- Graphics are -- I don't know -- smoother? Cleaner? Textures don't seem as detailed as in Dark Souls, but there's a smoothness to them.

- Only did 1-2 and 1-3, but they feel more detailed and sprawling than whats in Dark, where everything seems a little more compact. Feels like there's a lot more to this world then what we can see. I like that. Also so more paths to explore.

- Creepiness! All those burning corpses, Crows, mad laughter, the Jailer's blood spraying as its impaled by the Penetrator's sword. All the NPCs seeming either depressed or a little crazy. Dark Souls feels like a forgotten, abandoned world while Demon's Souls feels like world drifting into a twisted, haunted reflection of itself.

- Lighting This seems better in Demon's too. Definitely helps the atmosphere. I was doing the tunnel in 1-2 and couldn't think of anywhere Dark Souls that did lighting particularly well. Lighting in Tomb of giants seems a little lazy in comparison. The light spell and the Latern both just illuminate in sphere. Doesn't add much to the mood.

- You can carry more grass than flask uses, but flask heal a higher % of health and you can chug more than once in a row. With grass, they heal less and the animation is slower and can only be done once. Makes it damn hard to use mid combat.

- Walking around with a lot of souls is a bit more dangerous. With all the bonfires and rings of sacrifice, its harder to lose a bloodstain in Dark Souls. Also have to go longer before you can spend those souls with no handy bonfires every so often.

- No poise tanking. Enemy hits, you go into the animation. Fighting 2-3 weakenemies (soldiers) at once felt dangerous since they can all lock into you at once.

- Getting hit hurts. Wearing gloom armor with 30 Vit, my gal could still only take two or three hits before being in trouble. The Jailers could probably 2-shot her. In Dark Souls, with Black Iron on, it seems like nothing short of bosses pose any sort of threat in NG.

- Ghosts & Blood stains. I missed seeing ghosts mid level. Just adds more to that dreamlike vibe. I like having the blood stains & red ghosts stand out a bit more too.

Anyhow, random gushing. But its nice to remember how much I love this game. Not trying to hate on Dark Souls or anything (I probably have more hours in it now) but Demon's Souls is just on another level. I hope the next Souls game recaptures some of this.

Soulhouf

- Is it just me, or is everything a lot faster? Run speed, weapons, attack speed, enemies attacks, animations, everything. My gal had fast roll & Blessed mace going, but most of my Dark Souls casters have similar setups. Even the enemies felt like they were on speed.

Yes everything is faster in Demon's Souls.

Sullichin

I couldn't sleep this morning, so I flipped on Demon's Souls with the intention of looking at my old characters. I haven't really played the game since last year. I've been playing Dark Souls heavily ever since. So I did 1-2 and 1-3 on a faith character that I'd started before getting Dark, and once again, I was completely blown away by Demon's Souls. I'm amazed at how different it feels. Random half-awake thoughts:
- Is it just me, or is everything a lot faster? Run speed, weapons, attack speed, enemies attacks, animations, everything. My gal had fast roll & Blessed mace going, but most of my Dark Souls characters have similar setups. Even the enemies felt like they were on speed.

- Black/Silver Knights ain't got shit on the Red-eye Knights. These jerks are aggressive as hell, and with the faster pace don't telegraph all their attacks so clearly. A single backstab didn't nearly one-shot them either.

The red eyed knights are definitely bigger threats than the knights of Dark Souls. I'm currently stuck in 1-4 at SL1, and I've only gotten to Allant a few times because one of the red eyed knights kept killing me.

1-4 is a brilliantly designed gauntlet. The courtyard with the black phantom enemies, all placed perfectly so that it's possible to aggro one at a time if you're careful. Then you can lure the enemies in the staircase room back down that narrow hallway and into the courtyard. Playing it at SL1 forces you to be even more patient than normal really made me appreciate the game even more than I already do. Every time I died to a red eyed knight it's because I got greedy and tried to get another hit in. They mix up their attacks so much, they can heal, and they can decide to start sprinting toward you which can be terrifying as you're backing away down a narrow hallway.

Then you have to get past a dragon (twice!), two officials, and a black phantom before fighting the hardest boss in the game. I've killed the dragon and the BPs but getting through the level to get to Allant is a pain still, because the enemies are far harder to run past than Dark Souls.

- Enemies are much more varied. Different soldiers, different attack patterns. And they come at you in groups. - I'd made it to the gate in 1-3, and was fighting the Jailer, when Ostrava started screaming. Finished off the Jailer, and was surprised when 2 Red knights and a spear soldier all came through the gate at once. Then at the end, I somehow aggro'd all 3 knights, two crossbows, the two axes and the spear soldier all together. Bastards chased me nearly back to the start of the level.
World 1 is probably the best example of this, the other areas don't have as many enemy types coming down on you at once. But the variety of humanoid enemy types in world 1 is a reason why it's one of the best areas in both games.
- So many ranged attackers, firing so fast. Seems like these were dialed down in Dark Souls outside of the Toxic dart guys in Blighttown.
Agreed. People hate the archers in AL but they're not a big deal at all, and all of the crossbow enemies in the game aren't much of a threat at all. The crossbow guys in Demon's still mess me up because they come in groups.
- Graphics are -- I don't know -- smoother? Cleaner? Textures don't seem as detailed as in Dark Souls, but there's a smoothness to them.
I know what you mean. But Demon's has pretty bad aliasing. It still looks really smooth despite that.

- Creepiness! All those burning corpses, Crows, mad laughter, the Jailer's blood spraying as its impaled by the Penetrator's sword. All the NPCs seeming either depressed or a little crazy. Dark Souls feels like a forgotten, abandoned world while Demon's Souls feels like world drifting into a twisted, haunted reflection of itself.

I'd like to add that the ambient sound design is phenomenal (as it is in Dark). Playing this with headphones is amazing, and quite creepy.

- You can carry more grass than flask uses, but flask heal a higher % of health and you can chug more than once in a row. With grass, they heal less and the animation is slower and can only be done once. Makes it damn hard to use mid combat.

Heal less? I can roll around with 99 full moon or even new moon grass in no time. That's definitely better than 20 Estus. I prefer the estus system, it makes you actually ration your health items, as opposed to grass which you can eat constantly. In Demon's, I'm never with 5% health left fighting a boss with no healing items left. It's exciting when that happens in Dark.
- Getting hit hurts. Wearing gloom armor with 30 Vit, my gal could still only take two or three hits before being in trouble. The Jailers could probably 2-shot her. In Dark Souls, with Black Iron on, it seems like nothing short of bosses pose any sort of threat in NG.

I'd say armor is handled better in Dark Souls because it *almost* doesn't matter in Demon's Souls. It seems to make more of a difference in Dark.

Mxrz

I know what you mean. But Demon's has pretty bad aliasing. It still looks really smooth despite that.
Oh yeah. Character hair is incredibly jaggy in particular. They certainly improved that in Dark Souls. But I really do prefer soul-form to visually to being a beef-jerky zombie. But What struck me outright were the walls in 1-2 & 1-3. I'm not sure if its more technical reason or if it was just an design choice. But there's a difference in there somewhere. The area also felt wider, more open. Walking up the the wide stairway before the gatewau in 1-3 stood out as vibe I'd not seen in Dark.

I'd like to add that the ambient sound design is phenomenal (as it is in Dark). Playing this with headphones is amazing, and quite creepy.
Good grief yes, 3-1 in particular with all the moaning and crying. Also dig that eerie silence in some spots.
Heal less? I can roll around with 99 full moon or even new moon grass in no time. That's definitely better than 20 Estus. I prefer the estus system, it makes you actually ration your health items, as opposed to grass which you can eat constantly. In Demon's, I'm never with 5% health left fighting a boss with no healing items left. It's exciting when that happens in Dark.
That's true. I'd forgotten about the better grases. On this character, all I had a lot of was Late Moon grass, and the few Fulls I'd picked up in 1-3. In Dark Souls, I'm used to upgrading the flask early, and not having to worry about healing from then on.
I'd say armor is handled better in Dark Souls because it *almost* doesn't matter in Demon's Souls. It seems to make more of a difference in Dark.
Yeah, probably better. I remember wishing armor mattered more back in Demon's, but in a way I can almost prefer it. I more or less use the armors I find visually appealing in both games, but in Demon's its much less of a drawback.

I really do need to try a sl-1 Demon's run. Armor & Gear having such an impact in Dark Souls makes it feel like less of a big deal. Not having pyromancy to fall back on would be another issue. Sticky White stuff isn't farmable before 4-2 I think, so no easy resin damage.

And yeah, 1-4 was incredible on my first character. I just kind of stared at the screen in disbelief that a developer would make a stage & Boss fight like that in 2010. I recall with the thief ring and a bit of luck, you can run up/past the first tower but it was never a guarantee.

I might be underrating Dark Souls a little. I've played it so much these last few months that I can run through the game without thinking or paying much attention. I was like that with Demon Souls at one point too. But right now it almost feels fresh.

Manus

Screw these big goblins in 5-2. It's crazy how much damage they deal and how much stamina they drain with each hit.

oracrest

Screw these big goblins in 5-2. It's crazy how much damage they deal and how much stamina they drain with each hit.

Lure them one by one to an island, and roll through their club attacks. It can be suicide to take on more than one at a time, especially if you get stuck in the mud!

I just beat this last night. Game of the generation for me. No contest.

Running through this again at a 40% difficulty increase sounds too horrifying to deal with at this point. Is it just an increase in enemy health and/or damage?

BadWolf

I just beat this last night. Game of the generation for me. No contest.

Running through this again at a 40% difficulty increase sounds too horrifying to deal with at this point. Is it just an increase in enemy health and/or damage?

Wait, i thought it was an increase of 8% with each NG+?

Raptor

Beated 4-2 and 3-2 witha coop buddy, was amazing he knows this game like the palm of his hand, was incredible watching him destroying everything in 2 hit max!

I got the Gloom Armor, that thing is badass looking, Im combining some Black Armor with some Gloom Armor, looks great.

Put some points in DEX so I could use the proper way the Lava Bow, also got the White Bow.

This game is perfection in my eyes!

Beated 4-2 and 3-2 witha coop buddy, was amazing he knows this game like the palm of his hand, was incredible watching him destroying everything in 2 hit max!

Yesterday was the first time I spawned a blue soul and we wrecked shit in 1-4. After ripping through the black phantoms, he got himself smoked by the dragon. Still, it felt really awesome!

On a side note, it took me two tries to beat Allant and I killed him right before he killed me with the big shockwave attack. I nearly wept until I realized I beat him and I just had to run up there and reap my rewards. If I had died on the way up, I would've lost 200,000+ souls. Yeeeeesh.

Mxrz

Going to try a Royal-sl1 run on another profile. Hopefully I can resist cheesing some bits.

Actually, maybe I'll avoid royal and try a no-level up game with one of the other classes. Soul Arrow makes things kind of easy early on, I remember. Maybe try Knight or Soldier instead.

* Started as a Knight. Going to try to stick with the default gear. Which means no fast rolling. I beat the Vanguard, surprisingly. After fighting the Stray Demon in Dark Souls so many times, he just seemed a lot easier. But Wow. I never knew there was an area after him and its the Dragon God who smashes your face in.

Manus

Beat the Old Monk boss tonight. Ended up being some guy with claws on who stalled forever. My weapon broke in the process and made the fight last even longer.

Glad I had a lot of grass.

Soulhouf

Beat the Old Monk boss tonight. Ended up being some guy with claws on who stalled forever. My weapon broke in the process and made the fight last even longer.

Glad I had a lot of grass.

You're supposed to fight a real person who is summoned by Old Monk in that battle which is awesome. But since US/EUR servers are no longer very populated, you very likely fought a bot.

Mxrz

I was progressing well , but Flamelurker has been a bitch. Longsword + 3 doesn't do much damage and its hard to get off Enchant weapon in the middle of a fight. Going to try farming up 5k for some Sticky White stuff.

Raptor

I was progressing well , but Flamelurker has been a bitch. Longsword + 3 doesn't do much damage and its hard to get off Enchant weapon in the middle of a fight. Going to try farming up 5k for some Sticky White stuff.

Crescent Falchion+1 or +2 is very effective against him, plus the Steel Shield and The Ring of Flame Resistance, made the fight very doable, I killed him in my first try.

Anyway, good news, I finished it!!

Did Phalanx in Game+ and the game is harder now, way harder.

Soulhouf

Did Phalanx in Game+ and the game is harder now, way harder.

No kidding!
Dark Souls made me forget how harder NG+ in Demon's Souls was.
Bosses in particular can one shot me very easily. I'm SL50 right now. I think I will up my vitality and endurance a bit.

Sullichin

No kidding!
Dark Souls made me forget how harder NG+ in Demon's Souls was.
Bosses in particular can one shot me very easily. I'm SL50 right now. I think I will up my vitality and endurance a bit.

NG+ can be even harder because it keeps world tendency. PBWT with black phantom setsuki in NG+ 4-1 is hard.

Sullichin

I would like to meet this Setsuki, didn't even saw him in my Run.

I want that Sword he has.

He'll be in normal form in the beginning of 4-1 if you're in PWWT, and the same place as a black phantom in PBWT. I think only his BP form drops the weapon he's carrying (The Hiltless, but you can find this weapon in 4-2 anyway). In normal form he wants you to get a weapon for him which you can only obtain in PWWT in 4-2.
but then he just tries to kill you anyway
. His BP form is hard because he'll spot you right away, if you don't stay near the archstone a skeleton will join in on the fun, he heals, and inflicts crazy damage.

Mxrz

Crescent Falchion+1 or +2 is very effective against him, plus the Steel Shield and The Ring of Flame Resistance, made the fight very doable, I killed him in my first try.

I'm trying to limit myself to the default gear. Although I'm beginning to think that isn't possible. The problem is the damn armor. Can't roll away from the blast, and not enough health to take more than one.

Soulhouf

I'm trying to limit myself to the default gear. Although I'm beginning to think that isn't possible. The problem is the damn armor. Can't roll away from the blast, and not enough health to take more than one.

Why don't you use purple flame shield?

Mxrz

Took a few days off, came back and beat Flame Lurker (and the Dragon God too.) I did give in and drop enough armor to fast roll. That along with the Longsword +6 and Enchant weapon did it. When he went berserk, I used the pillars to get some spacing. Worked out well enough.

World 3 next. Maneater should be a hoot.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Took a few days off, came back and beat Flame Lurker (and the Dragon God too.) I did give in and drop enough armor to fast roll. That along with the Longsword +6 and Enchant weapon did it. When he went berserk, I used the pillars to get some spacing. Worked out well enough.

World 3 next. Maneater should be a hoot.

I've always felt like Flamelurker was harder than the Maneaters, even with both of them aggro'd you can still easily use the middle area to strafe and get a hit when it's open. It can just be a somewhat long fight. Never really did it at base SL though...

Allant will be fun though if you go toe-to-toe with him. =P

FtHTiny

I've always felt like Flamelurker was harder than the Maneaters, even with both of them aggro'd you can still easily use the middle area to strafe a get a hit when it's open. It can just be a somewhat long fight. Never really did it at base SL though...

Allant will be fun though if you go toe-to-toe with him. =P

There are pillers in the flamelurker room aswell that you can strafe around to help you out with healing.

Raptor

There is a way to cheese him if you don't want to fight him directly, just make him get stuck in the enviroment.

That is what I did last night but I was fighting him in game+ and he is so much harder, like way harder than the first time, I used some Holy Arrows, like 50 or something and I made him get stuck at the bottom of the stairs that leads to the Dragon God room, didn't felt too good about killing him that way but I just wanted to be over with it so I could get that Red Hot Soul.

Anyway I beated all World 2 and 4-1 last night, 4-1 is a great place to farm some souls, those Skeletons gives you like 1300 Souls each, you end up with maybe 30000 if you kill some of those Storm Creatures, if you continue to 4-2 and farm in the known spot there you could end up with 100000 Souls in maybe 15 Minutes considering killing that Reaper gives you like 10k.

I don't know what more to level up, here at my stats:

VIT 43
INT 8
END 40
STR 26
DEX 19
MAG 6
FAI 13
LUC 8

SL 83

Im using primarily the Crescent Falchion+4( I need that damn Pure Darkmoon Stone damn it) and the Dragon Mirdan Hammer+3, Lava Bow too.

I kinda want to put some points in magic and Luck, Faith to be able to use some of the badass weapons like the Northern Regalia or the BlueBlood Sword.

Any advice?

Sullichin

There is a way to cheese him if you don't want to fight him directly, just make him get stuck in the enviroment.

That is what I did last night but I was fighting him in game+ and he is so much harder, like way harder than the first time, I used some Holy Arrows, like 50 or something and I made him get stuck at the bottom of the stairs that leads to the Dragon God room, didn't felt too good about killing him that way but I just wanted to be over with it so I could get that Red Hot Soul.

Anyway I beated all World 2 and 4-1 last night, 4-1 is a great place to farm some souls, those Skeletons gives you like 1300 Souls each, you end up with maybe 30000 if you kill some of those Storm Creatures, if you continue to 4-2 and farm in the known spot there you could end up with 100000 Souls in maybe 15 Minutes considering killing that Reaper gives you like 10k.

I don't know what more to level up, here at my stats:

VIT 43
INT 8
END 40
STR 26
DEX 19
MAG 6
FAI 13
LUC 8

SL 83

Im using primarily the Crescent Falchion+4( I need that damn Pure Darkmoon Stone damn it) and the Dragon Mirdan Hammer+3, Lava Bow too.

I kinda want to put some points in magic and Luck, Faith to be able to use some of the badass weapons like the Northern Regalia or the BlueBlood Sword.

Any advice?

If you are using crescent falchion and a dragon weapon, there is really no reason for you to have upgraded your STR as high as you have. The crescent falchion ONLY scales damage with the magic stat (and yours is really low), and dragon weapons don't scale with stats at all. Not really getting anything from those STR points. With that STR you could 1 hand the great sword (from 1-3). I really like that weapon but I usually use it two handed. Don't have any experience with the blueblood sword but northern regalia doesn't scale with any stats.

Mxrz

Any advice?

I guess with PvP not really being much of a thing anymore it isn't as important as it used to be. In the old days, you would want to focus on a single scaling stat. Pick either Strength, Dex, Faith, or Magic and raise it to 50 and use the type of weapon upgrade (Crushing, sharp, blessed, etc.) to go with it.

The blueblood sword is terrible unless you build around it. I never bothered myself so I don't recall the details off hand. High luck or something. Never cared much for the Nothern Regalia either, but there was a thing where people would use it and gouge Vit past 50 for more health. Never saw much of a point.

If it were me, and those stats, I'd probably go 50 Vit, 50 strength and a Crushing Mirdan or great-axe. Then see if I had enough points left to work in curse weapon.

Raptor

Yeah I think I was just a noob on building my stats, my favorite weapon is the Crescent Falchion and I dont have that much leveled Magic :(, I guess I should up that to what? 15-20?

Still learning all the stuff, that maybe I will start a new character and do it right this time.

Soulhouf

[...]MAG 6[...]

[...]Im using primarily the Crescent Falchion+4[...]

Your favorite weapon is mag scaling and your mag is the lowest stat? WTF
Get that stat to 40 or even 50 if you want to get the best of it.

Also it's a shame you wasted some stats on dex and str if you don't use them.

As for the Blueblood sword, it's the best weapon in the game if you put the stats into it (you have like 700 output damage with luck at 99 and the other stats at 40-50) and you can enchant it as well.

Raptor

Your favorite weapon is mag scaling and your mag is your lowest stat? WTF
Get that stat to 40 or even 50 if you want to get the best of it.

Also it's a shame you wasted some stats on dex and str if you don't use them.

As for the Blueblood sword, it's the best weapon in the game if you put the stats into it (you have like 700 output damage with luck at 99 and the other stats at 40-50) and you can enchant it as well.

Yeah I messed up that,, think I will start again, Leveling up is very expensive in game+, unless I farm maybe a million souls.

What could be the prefered Class to build a Crescent holder character?

I just thought that I should do that since I used the Crescent Falchion for almost the entire game doind most of the damage with it, imagine if I had put the stats where it was suposed to? I will be a beast :D

The Falchion is the best? Kinda want to use another weapon, maybe Uchigatana?

Sullichin

Yeah I messed up that,, think I will start again, Leveling up is very expensive in game+, unless I farm maybe a million souls.

What could be the prefered Class to build a Crescent holder character?

I just thought that I should do that since I used the Crescent Falchion for almost the entire game doind most of the damage with it, imagine if I had put the stats where it was suposed to? I will be a beast :D

The Falchion is the best? Kinda want to use another weapon, maybe Uchigatana?

Crescent Falchion isn't necessarily the best at all, but it has the convenience of just laying there to pick up. I made a crescent uchigatana with one character and i loved it. Magician class starts with the highest magic skill I think.

Top Bottom