• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I was going to recommend the Estoc because it does everything better than spears, but I can't remember where in Latria it is. I seem to recall it being a weird drop from the prisoners.
You are correct. Estoc >>>>>>>>>> spears, especially in PvP. It is in 3-1 but somewhat out of the way. IIRC it's behind a passage where you need to destroy some furniture to find.

That said, if they like the spear and already started upgrading it, it will serve just fine in PvE for that purpose.

Already started with Royal Class(Soul Arrow makes Boletarian Palace easy).

I'm thinking magic ranged attacks with melee as a secondary choice, it was what I did in Dark Souls 2

By game progress route I mean which order is a good route. (1-1,1-2, etc...)
Okay, that's good to know. Not gonna use spoiler tags since I assume you want this information, anyone else can just skip reading this I guess.

Fair warning, following this guide might make the game far, far easier than it normally is. ;)

I would suggest going to 4-1 as soon as possible and pick up the Crescent Falchion right away (guarded behind a difficult enemy, a black skeleton, but you can run past him without too much difficulty). The "Crescent" upgrade path scales with your magic stat and deals split magic/melee damage, so it's perfect for a magic build. If you don't like its moveset, that's OK, you can always make another weapon as "Crescent" or "Moon" (with darkmoon stones -- found in Shrine of Storms -- or moonlight stones -- found in Tower of Latria) down the line, but it can serve until then.

I would suggest you do this:
- 4-1 to pick up the crescent falchion. You don't need to beat the level just yet, it might be a bit too hard straight out of 1-1 regardless. Though you can always try of course.
- 3-1 to rescue Sage Freke ASAP and pick up the Silver Coronet (boosts your max MP slightly) and Ring of Magical Sharpness (boosts spell damage). He can trade in boss souls for spells. Plus, the soul of the boss of 3-1 can be traded to him for a major upgrade to your Soul Arrow, "Soul Ray". Soul Ray will be your major source of pew-pew for the game. :) Oh yeah, 3-1 also has a vendor that sells cheap Spice (and a lot of Old and Fresh Spice as loot in the level), I suggest you spend your souls to stock up on them, it'll be worth it. You can also buy/find some Royal Lotuses in that area, which will be useful for world 5.

After that, you can do (order doesn't matter much):

- 1-2, to defeat the Tower Knight and get the boss soul for Warding. It can be a very useful defensive spell.
- 2-1, to get the boss soul for Firespray (trade to Sage Freke).
- 2-2, to get the Flamelurker soul to give to the blacksmith in 2-1, he can make special weapons. The crescent falchion will really shine here, some of the enemies are super resistant to physical attacks but weak to magic. Also the boss is hard to melee but very weak to magic, so pew pew him for easy victory. ;)

After that:

- 2-3, to get the Dragon God soul to trade in either for Fireball (Freke) or Firestorm (Yuria, which you can unlock later). Both spells are very good, but for PvE Firestorm is probably better, it can nuke some bosses really easily. Expensive (requires 3 spell slots and 100 MP to cast) but quite powerful.
- Now that you killed an Archdemon (an archstone's final boss, such as the 2-3 boss), 1-3 is now unlocked. You can find Yuria in there, she's another magic trader. However it might be a bit challenging, so you can do 5-1 or return to 4-1 or whatever first.

After that order doesn't matter much. If you picked Firestorm, you can do 3-2 and nuke the otherwise challenging boss. ;) Then kill the boss in 3-3 and trade the boss soul for either a very good PvE spell, or a very strong catalyst at the blacksmith (that sadly cuts your MP bar in half, but if you spam Spice it's OK for the power trade-off).

For a melee weapon, use Moon or Crescent as upgrade path. You can make most weapons as "Moon" (including strength-based/heavier weapons like claymores, greatswords etc.) and dex-oriented (quick, light slashing/thrusting) weapons as Crescent. Moon are slightly more powerful, but Crescent have passive MP regen. Personally, my mage/melee hybrid tend to use moon/crescent uchi and estoc (aka "crestoc" xD), since they are fast, have good 1h movesets, leaving your other hand free for casting.

Phew, I wrote way too much... well, no matter what you choose to do, enjoy! Spellswords are a bit gamebreaking in how powerful they are, but they are quite fun and rewarding to make. :) The only frustrating part is finding enough chunks/pures for your weapons. You need to turn the world tendency black and farm the annoying crystal lizards -- there is no other way to obtain the pures. :( I'd suggest you hit the Wikidot guide if you need more info about that.

Another alternative, if that's too much of a hurdle, is simply to make a normal +10 weapon and buff it with Light Weapon, preferably with that boss soul catalyst I mentioned. That's another way to get good melee damage as a magic-user, but it does use up 2 spell slots, so if you prefer to focus on spellcasting with melee as a backup it's not ideal. An unbuffed +10 weapon might still be OK as a pure "last resort" backup, mind; it just won't be as good as a Moon/Crescent weapon.

Finished.

Holy hell at the framerate during the last boss fight. Not sure exactly what was causing that to tank for me since its a pretty simple 1 on 1 fight.

RedSwirl

Upgrading the Purple Flame Shield will make it more effective against fire right? The next boss up for me is the Flamelurker.

RedSwirl

Couldn't get PWWT to come up during or after the Dragon God fight. Did I just miss my only chance at the Dragon Bone Smasher?

Couldn't get PWWT to come up during or after the Dragon God fight. Did I just miss my only chance at the Dragon Bone Smasher?
Are you playing online? It's best to be offline when going for WT events. Also did you go back to the Nexus, WT won't change until you leave that world and come back.

Gaaraz

Man, on so many occasions now this game is starting to feel really cheap, playing through both 2-2 and 5-2 but not getting particularly far!

Also the more I play the less I'm enjoying exploring the world - I just want to hurry up, get to the boss and get out of there ASAP. I have a lot of admiration for those of you who have completed this game!

Anon67

Man, on so many occasions now this game is starting to feel really cheap, playing through both 2-2 and 5-2 but not getting particularly far!

Also the more I play the less I'm enjoying exploring the world - I just want to hurry up, get to the boss and get out of there ASAP. I have a lot of admiration for those of you who have completed this game!

World 5 in general just a big pain to complete, IMO. After dying so much, I decided just to run past everyone so I could get to the bosses. I did explore everything for the most part though I was quick about it.

Kind of amazing to think the servers are still up. How much longer do we think they have?

Do we know if the publishers run the servers or is Demon's Souls powered by a PC under a desk at FROM? The game also has different publishers in every region so I wonder how it works with 3 different pubs if they are in charge. SCE in Japan, Atlus in US and Namco in EU.

I would guess the game gets a unkick before every new Souls game releases (and there has been a new souls game every year for the last 3 years).

If there isnt a Souls game around to keep hype alive for a year or two I could see that finally bringing the numbers low enough to finally flip the switch.

Gaaraz

Good shout on running past everything, I think I might equip a thiefs ring and a regeneration ring and try the same thing!

Random question, the blacksmith can upgrade my crescent falchion in two different ways - one is crescent falchion +2 (requires 4 shards of dark moonstone which I don't have) and the other upgrade is just falchion which requires 1 shard of meltstone.

If I select the regular Falchion upgrade, will it remove the crescent/magic attributes from my sword? Or will they remain and it'll do more base damage?

The meltstone removes the current embument and returns the weapon back to base, so yes it will remove the magic scaling and return to a purely physical weapon.

btw, an old school trick to help in the swamp in world 5 is to constantly toggle your weapon between one and two handed with triangle, it will slow down the stamina drain of holding run meaning you can "run" further on a single stamina bar.

Gaaraz

Ah, thank you! I'll definitely avoid that 'upgrade' then :eek:

And thanks for the stamina switch trick! Will give that a go once I've finished 2-2

Soulhouf

Do we know if the publishers run the servers or is Demon's Souls powered by a PC under a desk at FROM? The game also has different publishers in every region so I wonder how it works with 3 different pubs if they are in charge. SCE in Japan, Atlus in US and Namco in EU.

Each publisher runs their server in the corresponding region.
- Sony in Japan and Asia
- Atlus in the US
- Bandai-Namco in Europe

Flipyap

Well done Flipyap!

How long were you farming in 4-2 for that pure bladestone?! :p
Oh crap, I didn't notice that this thread came back to life! Thanks, you guys!

I've wasted many hours farming on my first playthrough, back when I actually cared about getting it. Never dropped.
This time I was using Makoto (upgraded using duped Colorless, with next to no points invested in DEX), so that pure bladestone dropped on my second try, because of course it did.

Excellent stuff, nice one Flipyap!

I'm currently on 5-2 and hating every single minute of it. Getting to the end of this level should be a platinum trophy in itself :p
5-2 broke me once (or at least it broke my will to keep playing), but I don't hate it at all. Figuring out how to deal with its challenges was a major breakthrough in my Souls career.
I enjoy those swamp levels nowadays. They're almost relaxing compared to my first stroll down the good ol' Valley, knee deep in feces and dead babies.

RedSwirl

Trying to get Moon/Blessed weapons is starting to piss me off, and that's clearly what they want you to have in 2-2 (I skipped most of the level before killing Flamelurker so I'm going back through it). I'm not gonna waste my points on the magic and intelligence to learn the enchant spell, and there's basically no way to reliably get Sticky White Stuff prior to 4-2. Right now I'm trying to see if I already have a weapon I can upgrade to blessed but that's looking tough already.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Trying to get Moon/Blessed weapons is starting to piss me off, and that's clearly what they want you to have in 2-2 (I skipped most of the level before killing Flamelurker so I'm going back through it). I'm not gonna waste my points on the magic and intelligence to learn the enchant spell, and there's basically no way to reliably get Sticky White Stuff prior to 4-2. Right now I'm trying to see if I already have a weapon I can upgrade to blessed but that's looking tough already.
Dude...
Pick up the blessed mace in 5-1 or the crescent falchion in 4-1
. You don't need to invest points in magic nor to upgrade them, even at base stats and no further upgrades, these weapons will likely be better than what you're using against the bearbugs (I'm assuming that's what's aggravating you in 2-2).

Both of these weapons are found early enough into their respective levels, too.

RedSwirl

Dude...
Pick up the blessed mace in 5-1 or the crescent falchion in 4-1
. You don't need to invest points in magic nor to upgrade them, even at base stats and no further upgrades, these weapons will likely be better than what you're using against the bearbugs (I'm assuming that's what's aggravating you in 2-2).

Both of these weapons are found early enough into their respective levels, too.

Yeah I found the Falchion right after I posted that. I was kinda shocked at how effective the Crushing Mirdan Hammer was against the skeletons on 4-1, one-shots them when dual-wielding. So now I'm grinding those guys until all their souls combined is no longer enough for a skill level. Then I'll see if I can get some Darkmoonstone in 4-2 before heading back into 2-2.

Gaaraz

I think I've now played close to 10 hours without making any sort of meaningful progress of killing a single boss. This gam has quickly gone from being a potential candidate for one of my favourite games ever, to one that's tedious and massively frustrating.

Can anyone please recommend some good armor for Flamelurker on 2-2? As soon as he hits me with the AoE flame spell I'm dead. I've tried equipping a ring of flame resistance which helps, but then I can't use my MP/HP regen rings, and I find if I stop even once to try to use a healing item I die.

cj_iwakura

I think I've now played close to 10 hours without making any sort of meaningful progress of killing a single boss. This gam has quickly gone from being a potential candidate for one of my favourite games ever, to one that's tedious and massively frustrating.

Can anyone please recommend some good armor for Flamelurker on 2-2? As soon as he hits me with the AoE flame spell I'm dead. I've tried equipping a ring of flame resistance which helps, but then I can't use my MP/HP regen rings, and I find if I stop even once to try to use a healing item I die.

You're at the low mark, we've all been there. Once you surpass him, you'll be in enjoy mode again.

Don't bother with armor. Evade him.

RedSwirl

Evade that shit. Dodge back and to the side, but mainly back. If you can get behind him, the blast epicenter of the flame explosion attack is just in front of him, so the blast radius doesn't completely cover his rear. Don't get backed into corners while dodging. The Purple Flame Shield in my experience blocked all of his fire damage. Use magic attacks if possible. Maybe enchant weapon? If you have it, the water shield (don't remember what it's called) spell helps with fire damage too.

Flamelurker is one of the toughest bosses in the game and probably the most aggressive. I actually fucked up on him pretty bad just recently. I still won, but it was a battle of attrition. I only had one Sticky White Stuff and after that ran out I had to chip him to death.

Anon67

Flamelurker is such a prick. Died way too many times to this guy. What I did was I kept a pillar between him and me all the time to protect myself. I would only attack him only after he tried to attack me (if done right, he hits the pillar instead of you). Keep a distance from the pillar because his attack can still hit you if you are too close. Stock up on some grass beforehand so you can heal yourself if you make mistakes. My life became a whole lot easier after I stocked up on grass from world 1.

Soulhouf

If you have enough strength, upgrade the Purple Flame Shield and use it against Flamelurker. PFS pretty much trivializes that fight (and many others).

Gaaraz

Thanks so much for the replies guys! :) I had another ten attempts or so, in a few cases I got him down to very low health but he has the ability to kill me so easily that it went wrong very quickly in each case.

I tried equipping the flame resistance ring, and then ran around in circles to regen my health with the ring, and equipped the falchion to regen my MP, but still he killed me easily.

I have the flame shield but can't equip it yet - should I grind and level up my strength from 14 to 22? I'm mostly a magic dealer at the moment fwiw.

Also decided to have a break and start 3-2. Was enjoying the change, was happy until I got the Gloom armour and can't equip any of it without becoming encumbered. Also then went into the swap, ran up a tentacle spiral whilst getting shot at with magic before realising it was a dead end and falling to my doom. I hate this game.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Spiders with human heads who all rush me and kill me with two hits. Guys I'm so close to being done with this :(
Don't give up! Hope ahead

I don't know what you mean though. Magic casting thing in the swamp? Spiders with human heads...?

Edit: Oh, 3-2? "Swamp" made me think of 5-2 haha. Ok, you can totally melee the magic user, just gotta stunlock it, two hand your weapon and go to town. If it casts the green ball, roll, you can't block it and it'll stun you and you'll get your brain sucked.

You shouldn't get ganked by so many facebugs at once. If you fight them on the wodden plank path you should be OK fighting them one by one.

Gaaraz

Thank you! What do you mean by stunblock? I used my shield but he started smashing me with his many arms (tentacles?) which instantly drained my stamina and I died in an instant.

Thanks for the tips on the facebugs - I was in the swamp area and managed to pick most of them off, but then I got rushed by the three remaining ones, and promptly died after just a couple of hits.

Going to try to seek out some better armor, or am I better off levelling up so I can eventually equip the gloom armor?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Oh wait, the magic casting thing is the Legion, not the mindflayer, right? Ok yeah, that thing is tricky to melee. Try to bait its soul ray beam, dodge it, then get some hits (you can also try to get a hit or two while its charging it but be careful) but do not get greedy. If it starts its flailing limb attack back away immediately and be patient, wait for it to be done. If not you can get staggered and stunlocked to death.

Incidentally, you can also completely avoid this thing. Run around/behind it, grab the loot and get away. Haha.

Armour won't help you, sorry. It's even less useful than in Dark Souls. Just wear whatever you think look good and lets you fast-roll (<50% equip burden always).

Anon67

Gaaraz, I would recommend farming for some grass in world 1. Going through the 1-1 and 1-2 at least two times should give you a good amount of grass. I went through twice in both areas and accumulated a good amount of grass. It helped a ton for versing Flamelurker. I beat him in one try after collecting grass since I could heal myself over and over.

Gaaraz

Thanks guys, I'll avoid legion then and just try to quickly grab the items near him! :D

Thanks for the tips on the armour too, I won't worry too much about what I'm using (other than looks!) and try to focus on avoiding and rolling. The grass tip in world 1 is really good too thanks, my only concern is that against that boss every time I use an item I get killed :(

By the way, levelling up what should I focus on? Vitality and endurance are both good I know, but magic levels up my attack power considerably, or strength will allow me to equip the flame shield.

Alternatively should I focus on intelligence and faith and learn second chance? Thank you :D

Gaaraz

Finally managed to compete a level! o/

Only took around 15 hours of gameplay lol. 4-1 - surprisingly easy considering the amount of souls I gained from it (close to 40k) although the dual katana weilding guys completely destroyed me a couple of times in a single hit. Anyway, yay!

Gaaraz

Sorry guys but quick bump, what should I spend my 40k souls on?

• Vitality and endurance
  • Magic (helps with my melee too)
  • Faith and intelligence to learn second chance
  • Strength so I can wield the purple flame shield

I really wouldn't bother bumping faith just for second chance, it might keep you alive a few times, but it won't make you better at dodging or anticipating not getting hit in the first place if you know what I mean. If you're dying a lot I say dump a load of stats in to getting more HP, surviving an extra hit or two is always good. Endurance is always good too. Then also add points to the stat(s) of whatever your main weapon scales with (or magic if you're using spells).

The more you spread stats in Souls games the more wasted points you have - better to laser focus them and get the biggest bang for your buck. In Demon's Souls the prices of each level goes up quite steeply and it gets very expensive to level up, so better to not waste points now whilst levels are still pretty cheap.

Gaaraz

Thank you! I will focus on endurance/dexterity and magic then :)

You're right about the levelling by the way, the 40k souls I have at the moment is by far the highest I've ever had, but it'll still only get me 4 or maybe 5 upgrades.

I definitely feel a sense of progression by the way which is good, the first time I took on 4-1 I really struggled just against the skeletons, but in my more recent playthrough the only thing on the level that killed me (including the boss) were the dual wielding katakana guys. It's a really nice feeling to go into a level and feel powerful for once! :)

v1n1c1uS

Neo Member
Finished the game moments ago.

On Monday will start Dark Souls 1 when finish it.

I would have ended all soulsborne games

Thanks for helping

Gaaraz

Wow, Firestorm is insane! It uses all of my magic slots though, and pretty much drains my MP to zero - definitely need to level up my INT before I consider using it.

Managed to work my way through 2-2 (yay!!!!), 2-3 and just hit the shortcut for 1-3 now after freeing Yuria. Progress at last, thanks guys!

RedSwirl

The wiki says Imperial Spies in 1-3 drop chunks of clearstone but I think that's bullshit. If true, they're my last chance to get chunks of clearstone for the quality bow +5 and eventually Lava Bow. I've exhausted pretty much every Lizard in the game up to this point.

Oh, and I can't get those large Bearbugs to drop a chunk of Dragonstone for shit.

Velikost

Sooooo I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I've played through a chunk of Bloodborne and almost all of DS2 SotFS, so I decided to go back to this game and give it a shot.

I wanted the easiest time through this game, so I did some googling, and everyone was recommending Royal. I chose that, and made it through 1-1 I think? I fought
a big massive blob.
After that, I walked forward a little to see what was going on in the next area, saw a summon sign, said fuck it, and summoned the guy, who pretty much beat the next area and boss
a giant knight
by himself.

It gave me a ranking thing afterward which I didn't quite understand, but I gave him an A, so I hope that helps him out. I just talked to some kid and opened four more stones?

I dunno, I'm at a loss really. I've never used magic before, I have no idea what the whole Black and White system is, and I'm shocked there's no backstab. I haven't gotten the parrying system down yet, so this is a little tough when I don't just resort to magic. Which stone is 4-1? I see everyone recommending a sword in that area that would be good for the build I'm planning to run. And does equipment not get repaired when you return to the Nexus?

Sorry for rambling, just really lost at the moment

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The wiki says Imperial Spies in 1-3 drop chunks of clearstone but I think that's bullshit. If true, they're my last chance to get chunks of clearstone for the quality bow +5 and eventually Lava Bow. I've exhausted pretty much every Lizard in the game up to this point.

Oh, and I can't get those large Bearbugs to drop a chunk of Dragonstone for shit.
Get black world tendency (suicide a couple of times while in body form, return to the Nexus and come back).

Sooooo I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I've played through a chunk of Bloodborne and almost all of DS2 SotFS, so I decided to go back to this game and give it a shot.

I wanted the easiest time through this game, so I did some googling, and everyone was recommending Royal. I chose that, and made it through 1-1 I think? I fought
a big massive blob.
After that, I walked forward a little to see what was going on in the next area, saw a summon sign, said fuck it, and summoned the guy, who pretty much beat the next area and boss
a giant knight
by himself.

It gave me a ranking thing afterward which I didn't quite understand, but I gave him an A, so I hope that helps him out. I just talked to some kid and opened four more stones?

I dunno, I'm at a loss really. I've never used magic before, I have no idea what the whole Black and White system is, and I'm shocked there's no backstab. I haven't gotten the parrying system down yet, so this is a little tough when I don't just resort to magic. Which stone is 4-1? I see everyone recommending a sword in that area that would be good for the build I'm planning to run. And does equipment not get repaired when you return to the Nexus?

Sorry for rambling, just really lost at the moment
You repair your gear at the blacksmith. 4-1 is Shrine of Storms. In the order that you cycle around them, world 1 is Boleterian Palace and world 5 is Valley of Defilement, so world 4 is Shrine of Storms, and -1 means the first archstone. In world 1, Phalanx was the boss of 1-1 and Tower Knight was the boss of 1-2.

There are definitely backstabs in this game, haha. But not every enemy can be backstabbed. Usually just the smaller humanoids.

Btw S-rank is the best rank, but that doesn't matter much.

There is a backstab but the angle is a little less forgiving than later games, once you get the hang of it the muscle memory will slot right in.

The Royal is recommended to give you a long range option right from the start in the form of spells, but that doesn't mean you have to keep using them - play how you feel comfortable. The great things about Souls is the starting class in no way limits you - basically all it does it give you different starting gear and stats bumped up/down a few points in each area. If you don't want to use magic don't feel you've gimped yourself by choosing Royal.

The archstones in the Nexus are informally numbered from left to right, so Boletaria is world one, and around clockwise, so world 4 is the second from the right. The 4-1 refers to the first area of world 4. So you've completed 1-1, ending in the Phallanx and also 1-2, ending in the Tower Knight and so forth.

Equipment repair is handled manually in all Soulsborne games except DS2, use a blacksmith (one of which is in the Nexus) to do that.

Also Demon's is the only game in the series to have encumberance - that means if you go over item load (not equipment load) you can't pick up any more items, so always drop off your loot at Thomas back at the Nexus - if you loot an item and it tells you that you can't carry it, you will automatically drop it on the ground - if you then leave the world, it's gone forever, so either you have to say goodbye to it, or drop some other items you are carrying. Yes it's annoying, yes that's why they got rid of it for all future games, yes you just deal with it and try to remember to always drop off your loot!

Don't worry about World/Character Tendency (the black and white you refer to) it adds a few extra sidequests and NPC events, but is really meant to spice up further playthroughs. It's a pretty unexplained system in the game and means using a guide strictly if you want to see and do everything in your first playthrough. It's likely you will encounter a fair few of the tendency-specific NPCs or events without even really trying any way.

edit - oops, always typing a book when someone else is clicking reply! :)

Velikost

You repair your gear at the blacksmith. 4-1 is Shrine of Storms. In the order that you cycle around them, world 1 is Boleterian Palace and world 5 is Valley of Defilement, so world 4 is Shrine of Storms, and -1 means the first archstone. In world 1, Phalanx was the boss of 1-1 and Tower Knight was the boss of 1-2.

There are definitely backstabs in this game, haha. But not every enemy can be backstabbed. Usually just the smaller humanoids.

Btw S-rank is the best rank, but that doesn't matter much.

I know you can repair at the smith, I was just used to getting everything repaired when sitting at a bonfire a la DS2. I'll have to look more into the backstabs, cause I was trying it on some of the early zombie-like enemies and it wasn't working. And I didn't give him a straight up S because of some of the dumb stuff he did, but I was confused as to why there was a ranking at all, and how that affected Soul count.

Thanks for the response.

The Royal is recommended to give you a long range option right from the start in the form of spells, but that doesn't mean you have to keep using them - play how you feel comfortable. The great things about Souls is the starting class in no way limits you - basically all it does it give you different starting gear and stats bumped up/down a few points in each area. If you don't want to use magic don't feel you've gimped yourself by choosing Royal.

I have no problems with magic, I just have never used it before. It seems to one shot most lower enemies right now though, so that's pretty dope. I just wanted to give myself an OP build so I could kind of cruise through the game. I've had it since '09 or '10, and I hated it when I first tried to play it (as a Knight I believe). Never even got out of 1-1. Bloodborne made me give the stuff a second chance, and I've enjoyed playing through DS2 with a friend, so I went back to revist this a bit before 3 comes out. Crazy to see how far they've come from Demon's Souls, haha.

I doubt I'll replay through the game any time soon, if ever, I just didn't want to make the game harder on myself, and I wasn't sure if going black or white would do that. Some of the messages I read made it sound like black makes enemies tougher? I dunno, just a lot of systems I'm not used to, like weapon affinities? I'll have to read up on some stuff before I play again I suppose. I'll keep the encumbrance stuff in mind.

Thanks

RedSwirl

Get black world tendency (suicide a couple of times while in body form, return to the Nexus and come back).

I'm now in pure black and can't get shit except for those motherfucking daggers.

I've got 99 daggers in stock, 99 late moon grass in stock, and am coming up on 99 full moon and 99 dark moon grass. But not a single god damn chunk.

Not to mention the soul levels I've gotten from this have probably made me overleveled for the rest of NG. I could probably walk up and fuck up Allant's shit right now.

Quick question Souls GAF. I am slowly (wife, kid and job, lol) making my way through this wonderful game. Currently have 1-3, 5-2 and onwards left to complete.

So as I was feeling more confident I decided to try out body form. I was invaded as I was approaching Yuria's location in 1-3. Thinking I would be clever I kept the official's hat on and thought the invader would then have to fight both of us. Invader turned up. The official just stood there doing nothing? Does the AI always ignore invading phantoms? Having not played much in body form I am surprised that happened.

Top Bottom