• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 officially announced (with a logo only) [Up: Cayde-6 Toy Pre-Order Bonus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamFM

Banned
Give this guy some hand lotion.

lotion-basket.jpg

BraXzy

I've only played Vanilla Destiny.

There's never been a game like it since Robot Alchemic Drive where there's such a huge dissonance between my head and my heart/hand when playing it.

Head: "wow, this game is so poorly made. Performance, story, level layout are bad, MP is bad, only redeeming factors are raid/some strikes/etc,etc."

Heart/Hand: "wait, why I am playing this every day? wait, why am I enjoying myself so much even though I've running the same boring maps, shooting the same enemies 100x times?"

More than any game this gen, a "Destiny 2" that is actually good is a scary thing to imagine. As terrible as D1 was, it was really addictive. And that was without TTK.

This is so true, especially for vanilla as you say. There was so little content really when you dug into it. Yet I was grinding at the same strikes repeatedly hoping for that little better loot over and over. Destiny with plenty of meat on the bones is a scary thought indeed.

GlamFM

Banned
That a single image can do this to me. Arghhhh. Teaser trailer soon? Please Bungie, say something, do something!

I still think it´s in the AOT triumph update.

Will be found after 5 mins and will be on Bungie´s social media 10 mins later.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i just want to know if it'll come to PC. i'd prefer it there but only if people stick with it. i don't want to buy it on PC then need to get it on PS4 if i want more people to play with. probably just play it safe on PS4 and maybe pick it up for real cheap after some DLC on PC.

Midas

Maybe. Nirolak(?) were talking about how to best promote such a heavy investment, but if they release a teaser image like this - they might as well do something with the last quest in Destiny 1. I hope they do, it would be a nice tribute to the players, but I don't think that they will.

GlamFM

Banned
Maybe. Nirolak(?) were talking about how to best promote such a heavy investment, but if they release a teaser image like this - they might as well do something with the last quest in Destiny 1. I hope they do, it would be a nice tribute to the players, but I don't think that they will.

Jason agrees:

Bildschirmfoto_2017-03-28_um_11.30.21.png

i just want to know if it'll come to PC. i'd prefer it there but only if people stick with it. i don't want to buy it on PC then need to get it on PS4 if i want more people to play with. probably just play it safe on PS4 and maybe pick it up for real cheap after some DLC on PC.

GameStop in Germany is taking PC pre-orders.

Carn82

Yeah, I'm also on the 'It will be in AoT'. And it will be re-watchable through the director once unlocked.

Did you ever play mmo's or other games with persistent online worlds with other players? I've definitely gotten a sense that there's a lot of console players who haven't, and so the kind of social mmo-ish experience Destiny provides is something very new and different from the more traditional pvp multiplayer titles.

Sure. Ragnarok Online, EverQuest, WoW, FFXI, Lineage, Guild Wars. :)

By the way, I didn't give a rat's ass about the persistency of Destiny. That portion of the game is crap and has no appeal. What I like about Destiny is the gameplay loop of fun and how it manages to make my experience with the grinding and strikes not boring even when I replay them dozens of times.

Lol.

DestinyGaf is a very special breed of Gaf.

This is going to be fun.

Snark much? Destiny connects with me in a way few games are, even though by all rational account, it shouldn't.

Lasty95

Sure. Ragnarok Online, EverQuest, WoW, FFXI, Lineage, Guild Wars. :)

By the way, I didn't give a rat's ass about the persistency of Destiny. That portion of the game is crap and has no appeal. What I like about Destiny is the gameplay loop of fun and how it manages to make my experience with the grinding and strikes not boring even when I replay them dozens of times.

Snark much? Destiny connects with me in a way few games are, even though by all rational account, it shouldn't.

?

I think you mean by your account.

ZeoVGM

Banned
No chance.

Agreed.

The idea is a bit silly in itself as many people will be at work when the update drops early this afternoon. So someone who isn't at work will finish the quest in like an hour and it'll be online a minute after that. So what's the point really?

GlamFM

Banned
Agreed.

The idea is a bit silly in itself as many people will be at work when the update drops early this afternoon. So someone who isn't at work will finish the quest in like an hour and it'll be online a minute after that. So what's the point really?

Someone will watch a movie and spoil the ending while people are at work.

People will see the trailer no matter what, but having it unlocked in the update is a nice touch.

In some capacity AOT will refer to D2 100%.

Otherwise I don´t see any reason why they would let the 2 events (D2 reveal & AOT) clash like that.

Agreed.

or it requires you to finish the Age of Triumph book, then it's a race to see who get's to it first.

ViciousDS

Banned

Glam.......we ain't going to survive for 7 hours lol

Also love the people who say this is terrible marketing.

We have 32 pages in less than 24 hours on a single image. I can tell you works going to be buzzing today. Got a lot of folks who love destiny at work. For most this is their CoD. This is the one game they basically play.

glaurung

Glam.......we ain't going to survive for 7 hours lol

Also love the people who say this is terrible marketing.

We have 32 pages in less than 24 hours on a single image. I can tell you works going to be buzzing today. Got a lot of folks who love destiny at work. For most this is their CoD. This is the one game they basically play.
I just want a high resolution image of that three guardians Italian poster.

This giant "2" image campaign is weird because they released it, then took it down, then commented in some off-hand fashion, etc. Cannot figure out whether intentional or a mess of a trickle release.

My impression of vanilla Destiny was that it's fun to play but the instant I put down the controller I could list down all the problems I had with the game I played.

Didn't continue the DLCs and expansions.

But I'm not completely writing it off yet. I still hope they could live up to the original concept of "space WoW with guns"

lawtowler

My impression of vanilla Destiny was that it's fun to play but the instant I put down the controller I could list down all the problems I had with the game I played.

But I'm not completely writing it off yet. I still hope they could live up to the original concept of "space WoW with guns"

Sounds like you missed out on the solution to a lot of the problems you encountered in vanilla. TTK in particular was fantastic; a complete game changer.

I've thought about that before. Like, why not have an entire Raid set be exotic?

But then I realized that everyone would then be using it as a symbol of what they've earned and legendary gear would get less use.

I don't see the reason for that. No reason to overcomplicate things. What other kind of slots should they have?
Make Legendary items things that drop in the normal raid that will help prepare you for hard mode where you get said exotics. They can keep the silly one exotic weapon rule of they want.

What other slots can they equip?
Why not some rings and things
giphy.gif

Literally only been announced through the title, already showing off pre-order bonuses to try and get money.

Yep thats Destiny alright
That wasn't officially tweeted by bungie, they didn't announce anything

ViciousDS

Banned
I just want something done to the fusion system......I want the old system back in a way. But make getting your gun to max light level more intuitive instead of farming mats. Maybe snipers need headshots(PvE ones count) to slowly bring up their light level. Something that makes leveling exotics not such a pain and more fun....even though after ToC it wasn't to bad to farm shards

Sounds like you missed out on the solution to a lot of the problems you encountered in vanilla. TTK in particular was fantastic; a complete game changer.

So I've heard, but what I saw and read didn't win me over.

That's why I'm more hopeful for D2 because it's supposedly starting over with a fresh slate.

If you kept on playing the game you may have felt that way

That seems to be the problem here.

Game has been out for 3 years with vast improvements
People judging it off of its first two months

Like people have been chronogenitically frozen.

Let's hope destiny 2 ends the stupid drive by comments like

"People still play this game?"
Fuck that noise. Play it on PS4 with DGAF or hand back your DGAF card.
That's ridiculous and I hope DGaf grows with Microsoft members

urge26

Literally only been announced through the title, already showing off pre-order bonuses to try and get money.

Yep thats Destiny alright

Literally another new Destiny GAF thread and another troll shows up again. Yep that's Destiny GAF alright.

Midas

It's difficult to be exited with just a poster, any ETA for a video ? E3 ?

They can't just show the "logo" and wait until E3. There will be something prior to E3, what it will be, no one knows. Hopefully some kind of story (queue the jokes) trailer?

gatti-man

It'll be interesting as I think we'll get a bit of both. I think there's a strong chance physical units will be down from Destiny 1 causing lots of "doom" posts even though I expect total units to be substantially higher. Destiny 2 will have a HUGE digital ratio

I think you're right. I don't think I'll be going physical since I played destiny 1 a ridiculous amount of time. Having a physical disc was a chore.

Midas

I think you're right. I don't think I'll be going physical since I played destiny 1 a ridiculous amount of time. Having a physical disc was a chore.

Same thing for me. I play it so much that I would like to be able to start it whenever, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom