• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 officially announced (with a logo only) [Up: Cayde-6 Toy Pre-Order Bonus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right. I don't think I'll be going physical since I played destiny 1 a ridiculous amount of time. Having a physical disc was a chore.

I agree. I would have switched to a digital version years ago if there was a cheap way to do so. The vanilla disc doesnt even have any resale value so you're not even losing out on much.

CREMSteve

I agree. I would have switched to a digital version years ago if there was a cheap way to do so. The vanilla disc doesnt even have any resale value so you're not even losing out on much.
Digital was pretty convenient for me, especially with how often I played the game. Definitely how I'm going this time around as well.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Going back to Destiny 1 for a moment, I was thinking it would be cool if the final step in the Age of Triumph quest -- the final quest for Destiny 1 -- was to replay the final mission from vanilla Destiny.

Albeit, with a few changes to surprise players like they do when they reintroduce a strike.

Would be a neat way to end the D1 journey.

I think we will see more later today.

Similar approach to RDR2 announcements. Also whent AoT drops there could be something.
I Dont think I want a teaser trailer, with just ghost saying a line and a number 2 showing up on screen, eh, if they release s trailer, let it be something we can discuss and pick apart for at least a month

ElNarez

Banned
Going back to Destiny 1 for a moment, I was thinking it would be cool if the final step in the Age of Triumph quest -- the final quest for Destiny 1 -- was to replay the final mission from vanilla Destiny.

Albeit, with a few changes to surprise players like they do when they reintroduce a strike.

They've already done that with the Khvostov quest in Rise of Iron though.

When does Age of Triumph go live today?

10AM their time, so 6PM GMT.

If I was a die-hard Destiny player currently on Xbox, I would be scrambling now to get my friends/clanmates to switch to PSN. Only the most superficial things are carrying over, so it's as clean a break as you can get. We know there will be exclusive content as of this past Friday. There will probably be a Pro bundle (with a special edition console). I don't think there has been or will ever be a more ideal time to switch.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member

I think it would be great to go on a quest that ends with you being knocked out in an explosion and waking up at the beginning of the game again

If I was a die-hard Destiny player currently on Xbox, I would be scrambling now to get my friends/clanmates to switch to PSN. Only the most superficial things are carrying over, so it's as clean a break as you can get. We know there will be exclusive content as of this past Friday. There will probably be a Pro bundle (with a special edition console). I don't think there has been or will ever be a more ideal time to switch.

Why? I would guess the folks who haven't switched yet still prefer the Xbox platform and also have their "Pro" console in Project Scorpio to look forward to later this year. Seems silly to switch due to some minor exclusive content for Destiny (unless it is going to be much more significant than what was offered for Destiny and it's expansions for Sony first time around) and pay $400+ for a bundle when Microsoft's next iteration on it's console is about to release near the release of the next version of Destiny.

Plus, the PC version will be an option for a lot of players if they have a capable machine without adding another online subscription fee.

Why would I want to change ecosystems for one game? Scorpio is coming, and I've got a great list of friends who I've played Destiny and other games with on Xbox for many years.

BraXzy

I didn't have a PS4 when Destiny came out so I was an Xbox player... with this coming to PC I don't see how I can say no to 144 FPS. I missed out on PS DGAF so if ya'll could migrate that'd be great :3

glaurung

Would be nice if accounts can be transferred between consoles when multiple copies are purchased.
If any account movement does take place, I doubt that you would be allowed to go Xbox > PS4.

Then again, the stuff that carries over is mostly pointless (as far as we know right now).

BraXzy

If progress seamlessly transitions between platforms, I would consider double dipping or possibly even triple since I'd imagine my brother wants it on X1. Make it happen Bungie.

TrackZ

i just want to know if it'll come to PC. i'd prefer it there but only if people stick with it. i don't want to buy it on PC then need to get it on PS4 if i want more people to play with. probably just play it safe on PS4 and maybe pick it up for real cheap after some DLC on PC.

Hope it comes to PC on Xbox Play Anywhere with full crossplay. That will solve the community issue on PC.

TyrantII

Digital was pretty convenient for me, especially with how often I played the game. Definitely how I'm going this time around as well.

The way I see it, Destiny on disc is deader than the dinosaurs as soon as they stop support and flip the switch on the servers. It's very much a game as a service, so digital is the best way to go since you won't be able to play this in 10-15-20 years without Activision re-releasing it.

MP only and games as a service games are where I go right to digital, besides super cheap sales for a license.

Why would I want to change ecosystems for one game? Scorpio is coming, and I've got a great list of friends who I've played Destiny and other games with on Xbox for many years.

That is exactly what I did. I picked up Destiny on my PS4 because most people I talked with on twitter were getting it there. I made this choice despite my irl friends getting the game on Xbox. I have no regrets.

E92 M3

If any account movement does take place, I doubt that you would be allowed to go Xbox > PS4.

Then again, the stuff that carries over is mostly pointless (as far as we know right now).

I am talking about D2 itself. Something like GTA5 has but without the limitations on transfers.

I would triple-dip just to be able to play with all of DGAF.

I'd play at least on Xbox and PS4.

That is exactly what I did. I picked up Destiny on my PS4 because most people I talked with on twitter were getting it there. I made this choice despite my irl friends getting the game on Xbox. I have no regrets.
Nor should you have any regrets, same as I won't have by sticking with Xbox. Literally no bad decisions being made here. 👍

Just goes to show that there's excellent communities on both systems, and certainly will be one on PC as well.

Kyoufu

Just play the game on your system of choice. Simples.

As much as I want to play in 60fps, I want to play with a controller more and playing on PC with a controller would make me target practice for KB/M users, so I'll stick to console.

The way I see it, Destiny on disc is deader than the dinosaurs as soon as they stop support and flip the switch on the servers. It's very much a game as a service, so digital is the best way to go since you won't be able to play this in 10-15-20 years without Activision re-releasing it.

MP only and games as a service games are where I go right to digital, besides super cheap sales for a license.

Yep, Destiny feels more like a game client than anything else on console considering the amount of updates, iterations, and expansions hence why I originally would not have been shocked to not see a number in a major follow-up's title as I simply don't think it's needed especially with the Year 1, 2, 3 classification. This is in a different context though compared to saying the the number "2" is dumb or whatever as I couldn't care less what they call it I'm just happy a major release is around the corner as more Destiny is always a good thing.

That said, one final thing on the naming...it isn't like I referred to Destiny every time I spoke of it as whatever version we were currently playing like "Destiny: The Dark Below" or "Destiny: The Taken King" but rather simply spoke of it as the all-encompassing "Destiny" which I imagine a lot of us will continue to do. The only time the sub-titles would even come up would be when speaking of when they added/changed things, etc.

LiK

The ending would be you getting a yellow drop and Cryptarch decodes it into a blue.

Credits.

If progress seamlessly transitions between platforms, I would consider double dipping or possibly even triple since I'd imagine my brother wants it on X1. Make it happen Bungie.

weren't the rumors telling us that destiny 2 is a new slate and progression will not move over from d1?

weren't the rumors telling us that destiny 2 is a new slate and progression will not move over from d1?

He's talking about having two copies of Destiny 2 to switch between Xbox and PS4, but keeping all progress no matter which system he was playing on. Not carrying over progress from D1.

MrS

Banned
However many GB it is, the download time will pale in comparison to the "Preparing for Download" bit. When all the file system hashing and what not is done. May be quicker if you have an SSD.
I downloaded a 33gb Destiny patch yesterday cause I've missed the last few. It's a piss take. My raid group are meant to be raiding at 7 and I cba with downloading another massive file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom