• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

mileS

So you have to be PL305 already for the engram trick to work?
Going off of all the posts here and Reddit, you don't need to be. It can cycle to 5 power levels below what you are currently. Aka if I'm 302 and I wait for the perfect cycle, it will show up as 297. Still could prove useful in many ways.

Hey guys I finally ended my frustration with the nighfall. I one shot it in matchmaking last night by seeking people. They had no mics or any communication but one guy just shot down all the anomalies and we beat Thaviks with 1 min and 44 seconds left. For my first guided games... I'd say it was successful!

GlamFM

Banned
21994393_10214219860511795_5682185472869743177_o.jpg

Good god, leveling up for bright engrams is a bitch. Someone please tell me there's a faster way than just playing heroic public events, because that's what I've been doing.
Would using a fireteam medallion be worth it? Does it even work when playing solo?

Good god, leveling up for bright engrams is a bitch. Someone please tell me there's a faster way than just playing heroic public events, because that's what I've been doing.
Would using a fireteam medallion be worth it? Does it even work when playing solo?

Yes, fireteam medallion increases XP gains, solo or in a group. I used them to level up my alts to 20.

So, just a quick noob question. I finished the campaign and am now about power level 210. When I finished the campaign I have a shitload of purple item rewards.
Now the plan is to level up to 265 by following the many guides in the OT.

What I'm not sure of is if I should I just forget the purples I already have and just equip higher level blues that are dropping now?

Should I keep the Purples around to infuse when I'm at 260/265 or should I just junk them?

I know I should focus on my power level, but I suppose I just don't know if my existing purple and yellows should stay around or if I should just junk them and just carry on continuously equipping whatever has the highest level.

Thanks!

Why? You have to complete it regardless, does it matter the order?

I find the Gauntlet to be the first major hang-up and stopping point for a lot of Fireteams.

Hence, if you have the other encounters before it you at least have a shot at some loot and whatnot if you can't progress past that point.

MastAndo

Buy them. :)

Yeah, I was expecting the "well-rested" buff at the reset so I could nab a few bright engrams more quickly, but it never seemed to appear.

So, just a quick noob question. I finished the campaign and am now about power level 210. When I finished the campaign I have a shitload of purple item rewards.

What I'm not sure of is if I should I just forget the purples I already have and just equip higher level blues that are dropping now?

Should I keep the Purples around to infuse when I'm at 260/265 or should I just junk them?

I know I should focus on my power level, but I suppose I just don't know if my existing purple and yellows should stay around or if I should just junk them and just carry on continuously equipping whatever has the highest level.

Thanks!

Some of the legendaries may be good. For instance I think Nameless Midnight can be held on to if you got it during the campaign.

For exotics , you can get them back from the kiosk at a price, but I keep mine in the vault for infusion unless I get a duplicate at a higher level.

If you’ve used the legendary and don’t like it, you can shard it to have shards for xur. I’ve been trying to save one of each legendary in the vault personally though and only sharding duplicates.

Fireteam medallion XP buff only nets 625 more xp per Public Event. So it's not a huge effect. Unless you're rolling with a fireteam that's very efficient or you luck out in getting PE's with full player participation AND you're on a PE rotation that has very little downtime between events.. it's going to take awhile.

Best thing to do if you use a Medallion solo is just play whatever modes you enjoy best. Otherwise it's going to feel like a slog because there's no "best" way to use one without a full fireteam that works really well together.

Some of the legendaries may be good. For instance I think Nameless Midnight can be held on to if you got it during the campaign.

For exotics , you can get them back from the kiosk at a price, but I keep mine in the vault for infusion unless I get a duplicate at a higher level.

If you’ve used the legendary and don’t like it, you can shard it to have shards for xur. I’ve been trying to save one of each legendary in the vault personally though and only sharding duplicates.

Cheers. Same for legendary armour as well as weapons presumably? I will probably just do the same and keep one of each, use blues and then re-visit when I'm levelled up.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
As someone who was part of the first destiny when it spawned, there wasn't a Discord chat, clans were useless so all conversation had to be done via the thread, and yes there were probably many people who got burned with destiny 1 and didn't return to this one.
When you consider i had 63 people who had D1 & only 25 have D2 on my friends list ya big drop

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why? You have to complete it regardless, does it matter the order?

260/270/280

Everything rotates.

So this week Gauntlet would easiest, Dogs would be on Calus level of 280

People forget rotation does change the PL value of adds/trash/mobs
That's why Dogs were easy to down hella quick, cause 260, were 270 week prior, and 280 coming this week

Not a huge ordeal, but it shows now that if you aren't 280+, struggle will be had at certain encounterd going forward

Wootball

260/270/280

Everything rotates.

So this week Gauntlet would easiest, Dogs would be on Calus level of 280

People forget rotation does change the PL value if adds/trash/mobs
That's why Dogs were easy to down hella quick, cause 260, were 270 week prior, and 280 coming this week

Not a huge ordeal, but it shows now that if you aren't 280+, struggle will be had at certain encounterd going forward

You sure this is right? Pools were a lot easier this week than they were last week IMO.

GraveRobberX

You sure this is right? Pools were a lot easier this week than they were last week IMO.

Well people are getting higher, no more wipes only mistakes can really hamper you

You can't use that as a thing

I do know Bathers 1 swipe from Week 1 damaged you to half shield
This week, 1 swipe put in you into Red, 2 swipes you were a goner

So there's a difference, slightly

njs15

How are people getting to 300 without raiding? I feel like I'm hitting a wall at 245 😞. Any tips that anyone could recommend?

You shouldn't hit a "wall" until 260/5, because all the blues/purples you get should be bumping you up at this point.

You just have to keep playing whatever activity you want to get more drops until you get to 265, then do milestones.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
How are people getting to 300 without raiding? I feel like I'm hitting a wall at 245 ��. Any tips that anyone could recommend?

i'm at 292 and honestly hasn't required much effort. i just played the game as i wanted and have been doing milestones each week.

up until 260-265 just grind public events and stuff. after that do milestones/exotic quests and a bit later on start modding your gear. i'm only using 1 character. no alts.

GraveRobberX

How are people getting to 300 without raiding? I feel like I'm hitting a wall at 245 😞. Any tips that anyone could recommend?

You can hit 260, just with Rare gear
Just do activities. Hell just running PTEs on Heroic, net you at least 2 Rares every time.
Lost Sectors, reward you Rare, Adventures

Then hopefully you have Tokens to go spend and get packages, that gets you to 265+
Hope some items come with the +5 mod on them, for +270 gear

Then work on those Milestones, try to hit 270+
Work on next week Milestones when reset happens in Tuesday @5AM EDT

Then try to hit 280, turn all those Rate MDS you've been collecting into Legendary in sets of 3.
Slot in those mods in weapons and armor, and bam 285+

Can do Raid any time go get Loot and tokens

I mean there's so much info out there, Google, YouTube, hell GAFfers including me posted pointers or in depth ways

Hipibg GAFfer here has the Hawkins link of what he wrote our
I'm on mobile so I don't have it on me at the moment

Nero18

Not quite sure yet but it seems that with the milestone resets every week you can raise your power level with about 5-10 every week after you've hit 265 and maybe with a bit more if you are under 265. Basically use the milestones as a good indication of what you should do next. I know some people waited with those for after they hit 265, but that seemed like a boring way to play.

cakely

Thanks!

Check your purples for +5 purple mods. They're rare but you might have one. If you do, lock and keep it, you'll want to infuse it for a long while. Eventually, you want every slot to have a purple mod on it (except for the exotics, which come with a built-in +5 mod).

Don't worry about dismantling low-level exotics, they end up in your collection and you can re-buy them for legendary shards.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i think i'm out until PC drops.

it is fun to play but i dont wanna burn myself out. i feel at 292 i'm at a good enough level. don't feel any need to go any higher. i don't wanna keep doing weekly events right now so will just wait for PC.

i feel like i've got my moneys worth out the game. i might jump on here and there but mostly i'm done until 24th october.

Nero18

Really like how the resets now are more of a way to boost you forward instead of sorta holding you back. Thats at least how it felt during early days of D1.

GraveRobberX

Really like how the resets now are more of a way to boost you forward instead of sorta holding you back. Thats at least how it felt during early days of D1.

Resets in D1 were:

If you had Raid Crew or can join reset crew

3x Raids
3x NF
3x Daily Story Mission

4 hours, everything except Crucible stuff done for the week
Wait till Trials @1pm EDT for that weekend rush

At least now you can spread stuff out for the week
Different things to achieve and keep pushing you forward

Top Bottom