• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Deku Tree

Wow Bungie makes you do 6x NF if you want all your potential NF drops each week? Why can't you get the regular NF drop if you just do the Prestige NF?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When's the best time to do the world quests? I feel like I should just wait until I'm 305 to do them. Exotic rewards help, but they're a small part of increasing your overall PL.

Also, anyone down for NF right now?

There are so many baffling decisions by Bungie for D2 imo. Love the game but I just smh sometimes.

Yeah, I don't know how you can have such great inventory organization with categories yet then have just an atrocious Vault system concerning categories and organization. So many oddities in the game like this.

sn00zer

So raids and nightfall are basically impossible with just two people right? Me and my dad have been played through all of Destiny 1 and 2 except the raids, but we take our time and its already really fucking frustrating when a stranger books it through a strike and he's struggling to keep up.

Needs to be an update in the OP for questions asking how to level below 265.

Public events, Public event, Public events.

Unless you have a steady fireteam, PE farming is not the end all be all. Not when PE populating is hit and miss.

The answer is anything you want to do.

So raids and nightfall are basically impossible with just two people right? Me and my dad have been played through all of Destiny 1 and 2 except the raids, but we take our time and its already really fucking frustrating when a stranger books it through a strike and he's struggling to keep up.

See if you can create a Clan. Then you two can group up and be Guides in Guided Games and lead Nightfalls.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Unless you have a steady fireteam, PE farming is not the end all be all. Not when PE populating is hit and miss.

Yeah 200-265 is probably most efficiently done via chests and Lost Sectors, and if there's a PE nearby, do that too. It's probably the best time to get Adventures out of the way too.

There's so much original content to do that you can easily make it to 265 just doing that IMO.

RAWRferal

Raids - no chance.
NF - totally possible but I'd recommend PL280+ especially this week being quite difficult.

jviggy43

See if you can create a Clan. Then you two can group up and be Guides in Guided Games and lead Nightfalls.

Na with a loot modifier on you absolutely should only be doing PEs. Even if people aren't at one you currently you are, you can either load it up again or go to one of the other 2 loading in on the map. Way faster and way more rewards than anything else. Its the end all be all.

Also don't do guided games. Unless you want to wait around for 20 minutes and get kicked before finding anyone. Just use destiny lfg/reddit/game hub posts

Na with a loot modifier on you absolutely should only be doing PEs. Even if people aren't at one you currently you are, you can either load it up again or go to one of the other 2 loading in on the map. Way faster and way more rewards than anything else. Its the end all be all.

PE's don't pop that fast or numerous anywhere but EDZ and even on EDZ there's dead periods. The only loot modifier that I'm aware of is getting it to pop Heroic, which isn't always possible solo, let alone beatable solo to earn the chance at the modified loot. Reloading also takes time as it often requires multiple reloads to find one that's finally populated.

Week 1 open world was pretty different than it is now. The best route is to play what you want to play as there's only as much downtime as you want there to be and you're way less likely to get burned out as you actually enjoy what you're doing at any given point in time.

The inherent problem I see with Guided Games is that we want to figure it out for ourselves, not be told the solution by people.

If you're the clan supplying two people in Guided Games, you two would be the leaders. At least in theory. You'd be carrying the third. That's the concept. Nightfall's are just strikes with modifiers and tougher enemies.. so there's no a lot to figure out there. Raids is a whole other ballgame though.

I created an alt and it power leveled me to the top.

I'm only 288 though

How do you do this?

You shouldn't hit a "wall" until 260/5, because all the blues/purples you get should be bumping you up at this point.

You just have to keep playing whatever activity you want to get more drops until you get to 265, then do milestones.

i'm at 292 and honestly hasn't required much effort. i just played the game as i wanted and have been doing milestones each week.

up until 260-265 just grind public events and stuff. after that do milestones/exotic quests and a bit later on start modding your gear. i'm only using 1 character. no alts.

Ahhh okay. See I've been doing the some of the milestones but I feel like I haven't been getting a lot of drops. I've just been getting those damn coins which was kind of frustrating. But it looks like I've been playing it wrong lol

Not quite sure yet but it seems that with the milestone resets every week you can raise your power level with about 5-10 every week after you've hit 265 and maybe with a bit more if you are under 265. Basically use the milestones as a good indication of what you should do next. I know some people waited with those for after they hit 265, but that seemed like a boring way to play.

Some of the milestones I can't even do because I'm not leveled high enough for them such as the nightfall, trails and raids but I guess I got to keep on grinding

How do you hit a wall at 245? Anything you do till 265 will improve your stuff basically.. 🤔

Idk, like I was doing adventures but they weren't dropping much gear for me and mostly the coins so I felt like getting higher was getting harder and everyone else seems to be doing it so much easier lol

Zakkath

So interesting finding on reddit, I'm trying it out to see if it's doable

Trade 20 Token to Planet Vendor
Do not Pick-Up Legendary Engram Package
Every 30 minutes it Rotates Power Level

I'm 305 Hunter. Traded 20 Tokens @Devrim, Engram Power Level @297 @1:05AM EDT.
Went to him @1:30AM EDT Sharp, Engram Changed to PL 295.
Now it's 2:00AM EDT, Engram Power Level is... 300!

THREE FUCKING HUNDRED!
HOLY SHIT!, Farm those Fucking Tokens!
84TVTfDl.jpg

So if you cycle 4 times, roughly 2 hours, you will get your Engram max. So Tokens to get max PL (whatever you are) Loot and then hopefully mods included on them, give you a 305 weapon or armor

Long process, but I think this may help earn 300 gear quicker and get 300-305 faster
At least you will have 30 minute window

Tried to see if it's synced to account or guardians, it's to Guardians
Cause I traded 20 Tokens to Devrim as Warlock and it spit out a 295 Legendary Engram @PL 303 Warlock
On Hunter it went from 297 to 295 to 300!

So if your PL 305, here's you 300 Engram Power up all weapons and armor.
Range will be -5 to -10, every 2.5 hours it cycles

Damn!

GraveRobberX once again was right, Farming does pay off, hahahaha

Doesn't work for me. I'm 290 and Devrim's engram has been 280 for the last 90min, checking every 30min or so. I'm gonna look again in 20min, but if it's still 280, I'm gonna ahead and call bullshit on that.

Doesn't work for me. I'm 290 and Devrim's engram has been 280 for the last 90min, checking every 30min or so. I'm gonna look again in 20min, but if it's still 280, I'm gonna ahead and call bullshit on that.

It only works if you're already at Power level 305 (with mods, so technically 300).

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Fashion Destiny appears to be dead for the most part. I have a page full of shaders, I've went through loads of gear, Legendary and Exotic, and nothing really looks good. Nothing is even close to the cool, outlandish armour and colourful shaders from the first game.

It seems we're all in the same boat as well, judging by what I've seen of my fellow Guardians. One or two have stood out and caught my eye. Pretty disappointing to be honest.

The guns look very cool, at least.

If you are level 20 and don’t know how to trigger the Heroic Public Events, please GTFO.

Nice attitude. Also, who exactly are you talking to right now, in this thread?

Sigh. 2 different groups last night at raid boss. 3 hours and no completion. First group had one guy who was just not good. Second team was just a little under powered but knew mechanics ;_;

heyo, we're 3 guys looking for 3 more for our first time in the raid. we did all the raids in year 1. obviously no raid experience needed.

starting ASAP.

Sigh. 2 different groups last night at raid boss. 3 hours and no completion. First group had one guy who was just not good. Second team was just a little under powered but knew mechanics ;_;

3 hours with nothing to show for it. That sucks.
I spent an hour last night and even that felt too long.
I have no idea if I'll ever beat the raid more than once. I lost my D1 raid group and everyone else seems to have their own raid group that they'll only raid with, or they'll be having trouble with it or they plain just don't like it and aren't bothering doing it.
At this point I'm just trying to do it for the trophy.

jviggy43

PE's don't pop that fast or numerous anywhere but EDZ and even on EDZ there's dead periods. The only loot modifier that I'm aware of is getting it to pop Heroic, which isn't always possible solo, let alone beatable solo to earn the chance at the modified loot. Reloading also takes time as it often requires multiple reloads to find one that's finally populated.

Week 1 open world was pretty different than it is now. The best route is to play what you want to play as there's only as much downtime as you want there to be and you're way less likely to get burned out as you actually enjoy what you're doing at any given point in time.

It takes far less time than anything else you would have to load in and are over in a matter of minutes and then its on to the next event. Even if you don't unlock a heroic you get tokens and thats tru even if you don't beat the regular Pe. Vendors then give you higher gear that cap at 265, while also getting loot from the PE and drops from the enemies you fight. If you unlock heroic then its a certainty youre getting 2 pieces of gear plus tokens. The modifier I was talking about is an item (you get it for beating the campaign and lasts for 4 hours). I went from level 20 180 light to 260 in a matter of an hour and a half-two hours.

Also titan is incredibly easy this week, like way easier than EDZ. Super small, and both events are like guaranteed heroics which you can do by yourself.

Wootball

My story exactly. More then 24 hours on the Raid, probably 12 of them on the final boss. 4 different fireteams. Only the last one was good enough at the mechanics to get it down right, and even then it took 3 hours and was a narrow victory with 3 people down and no revives left at the point of winning.

catspit

My story exactly. More then 24 hours on the Raid, probably 12 of them on the final boss. 4 different fireteams. Only the last one was good enough at the mechanics to get it down right, and even then it took 3 hours and was a narrow victory with 3 people down and no revives left at the point of winning.

yeah.. its no joke. few different fire team attempts today. its hard to get your whole team to stick around for the 3hrs. lots of time is spent grabbing 1 guy here and there

Raybunny

296-297-295-296-295-296-295-296

Rng at its finest. This on Devrim.

4 cycles was your rng. Doesnt mean its everyones.

One thing you got right is that it does indeed cycle.

jviggy43

Damn, didn’t mean to strike a nerve. Just kinda commenting about the game in general and wasn’t being all that serious. I’ll make it very clear next time...

To be fair if you don't know how to trigger the heroic you most certainly are screwing the entire event up for everyone trying to trigger it.

Damn, didn't mean to strike a nerve. Just kinda commenting about the game in general and wasn't being all that serious. I'll make it very clear next time...

You gotta realize there are a ton of players out there that have no idea about Heroic Public Events/simply don't care and are playing just to shoot things and have fun (and there is nothing wrong with this as folks play Destiny for different reasons). Best way to help ensure Heroics is to group up with some like-minded players.

It's really not that big a deal anyways as I'm approaching 400 Heroic PE completed (392) and have probably done another 200-300 regular ones while getting a lot of Exotics in both cases.

These chest lockouts are bullshit.

Opened a chest, then grabbed a resource node, and another... bam locked out. This is immediately after arriving at EDZ.

Really fucking dumb.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair if you don't know how to trigger the heroic you most certainly are screwing the entire event up for everyone trying to trigger it.

Heroic public events were a mistake. There are always going to be people new to the game, or less invested in the game, who have no idea that they even exist, much less how to trigger them. And then there will inevitably be other people bitching about it. The idea is cool in theory, but for me they should have just kept the gold tier events from D1.

Top Bottom