• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
These chest lockouts are bullshit.

Opened a chest, then grabbed a resource node, and another... bam locked out. This is immediately after arriving at EDZ.

Really fucking dumb.

Yeah... This is another strange design decision. Why punish people for spending time in the game?

Yeah... This is another strange design decision. Why punish people for spending time in the game?

Don't know. It's especially stupid when you consider all you have to do to fix it is go to orbit and back.

Seems like resource nodes trigger it faster for me. I can get chest after chest with no issue.

TyrantII

It's leftover from D1 when people figured out you could farm chests close to transition areas if you quickly passed back and forth, resetting the chest.

Still, needs to go. Or at least be increased to 10 chests / pulls before a 5 min cooldown.

jviggy43

Heroic public events were a mistake. There are always going to be people new to the game, or less invested in the game, who have no idea that they even exist, much less how to trigger them. And then there will inevitably be other people bitching about it. The idea is cool in theory, but for me they should have just kept the gold tier events from D1.

Na I really like it. They just need to make it more clear to new players that there are ways to unlock them. They don't communicate their systems very clearly at all to players in general.

Mindlog

Finally completed the blight heroic so I've done them all now. Blight may be harder than injection rig to get heroic because of how much damage you have to do and how fragile the buff blights are.

About engram rotating: May store an engram on all factions on all characters. I see no downside.

Does anyone think

HUGE RAID SPOILERS

that prestige raid we will fight the real Calus? Seems like he pulled a Star Fox on us and we only fight a robot of him. Would be dope to have a brand new encounter

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
It's leftover from D1 when people figured out you could farm chests close to transition areas if you quickly passed back and forth, resetting the chest.

Still, needs to go. Or at least be increased to 10 chests / pulls before a 5 min cooldown.

Really? I never knew that. First I noticed it was when opening Cayde's treasure chests.

But yeah, I would hope they change it somehow.

How does the Vex heroic public event work?
There's streams of light that lead to platforms you have to stand on til the countdown is over. I think there's about 3 of them or so and I'm pretty sure I've cleared them all but the event usually just ends. Is it impossible to do solo?

It takes far less time than anything else you would have to load in and are over in a matter of minutes and then its on to the next event. Even if you don't unlock a heroic you get tokens and thats tru even if you don't beat the regular Pe. Vendors then give you higher gear that cap at 265, while also getting loot from the PE and drops from the enemies you fight. If you unlock heroic then its a certainty youre getting 2 pieces of gear plus tokens. The modifier I was talking about is an item (you get it for beating the campaign and lasts for 4 hours). I went from level 20 180 light to 260 in a matter of an hour and a half-two hours.

Also titan is incredibly easy this week, like way easier than EDZ. Super small, and both events are like guaranteed heroics which you can do by yourself.

Are you talking about the Medallions from Eververse? The benefit of the Medallion on loot cant be quantified. But the benefit to xp is 625... so if the loot bonus is anything like the xp bonus.. it's not worth much. And it doesn't stack.

Spider boss is not an easy one to unlock and beat solo. Not for the average player. It's two Walkers and a ton of mobs. Witches isn't easy to unlock and do solo either as you have to stand on two different symbols, kill the witches and destroy the crystals while mobs are everywhere.

I mean maybe if you're the type of player who solo's NF's and Raid sections or something but that's not the average player.

Vendor's do give steady loot but PE's aren't the only way to get the tokens. You can run around and do Adventures, Lost Sectors, Gold chests, regular chests, and grab mats. Strikes award loot consistently, Crucible has drops and tokens, Challenges everywhere offer tokens... and dismantling Blues or higher gives parts that can turn in to Banshee.

PE's were the most efficient way to do it in week 1 since the bulk of the playerbase was leveling out in the world. Not so much now.

TyrantII

Really? I never knew that. First I noticed it was when opening Cayde's treasure chests.

But yeah, I would hope they change it somehow.

Yeah it happened some time in Year 2 around when TKK / Swords launched. Pretty much when chest farming was made redundant because of mats from engram perks on ghosts.

TyrantII

How does the Vex heroic public event work?
There's streams of light that lead to platforms you have to stand on til the countdown is over. I think there's about 3 of them or so and I'm pretty sure I've cleared them all but the event usually just ends. Is it impossible to do solo?

Each circle needs to be charged to 100% by standing in them. More guardian in the circle the quicker they charge.

They don't need to be done at the same time. It in a fireteam if three, easiest is two in a circle and one protecting the conflux.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You can argue the first game was worse in terms of mechanics and QOL but year three was refined with so much to do and see. With the improvements made to D2 and refinement of year three I think many of the complaints would be nullified. I see the same problems pop up and up from various places I'm peeking into.
Bungie needs to fix things sooner rather than later. Hype is deflating fast and every day a big name pops up trashing the game.

PVP anyone?

Bold One

You can argue the first game was worse in terms of mechanics and QOL but year three was refined with so much to do and see. With the improvements made to D2 and refinement of year three I think many of the complaints would be nullified. I see the same problems pop up and up from various places I'm peeking into.
Bungie needs to fix things sooner rather than later. Hype is deflating fast and every day a big name pops up trashing the game.

PVP anyone?

wut? like who?

jviggy43

Are you talking about the Medallions from Eververse? The benefit of the Medallion on loot cant be quantified. But the benefit to xp is 625... so if the loot bonus is anything like the xp bonus.. it's not worth much. And it doesn't stack.

Spider boss is not an easy one to unlock and beat solo. Not for the average player. It's two Walkers and a ton of mobs. Witches isn't easy to unlock and do solo either as you have to stand on two different symbols, kill the witches and destroy the crystals while mobs are everywhere.

I mean maybe if you're the type of player who solo's NF's and Raid sections or something but that's not the average player.

Vendor's do give steady loot but PE's aren't the only way to get the tokens. You can run around and do Adventures, Lost Sectors, Gold chests, regular chests, and grab mats. Strikes award loot consistently, Crucible has drops and tokens, Challenges everywhere offer tokens... and dismantling Blues or higher gives parts that can turn in to Banshee.

PE's were the most efficient way to do it in week 1 since the bulk of the playerbase was leveling out in the world. Not so much now.

Yes the medallion and it doesn't matter about stacking you'll get more loot for it and it makes a difference.

Spider boss isn't easy? What? Its incredibly easy. If you unlock the second spiderboss you then have infinite cannons that basically guarantees you will kill both of them. The witches are easy because you literally only need to shoot a rocket at a crystal and do it to the other one. Do it quick enough and adds wont matter at all. Neither requires much skill to pull off even for average players.

You can also do most of these sidequests to get tokens WHILE doing PEs so again, thats just another advantage of PEs. You can run 1 strike in the time you can complete 4-5 PEs all the while doing the other planet activities you mentioned without having to wait for long loadtimes in between matches or depending on other players. In no way is strikes or PvP even close to the efficiency and ease of PEs.

Theyre still the way to level to 265 if youre looking for the easiest and most efficient way to level (and imo the most fun activities as well).

mileS

I have noticed more people showing up for public events. Hopefully they are tweaking some server stuff here and there. First couple weeks seemed pretty empty for most events on my end.

There is that Wizard Ritual on Titan, no matter how many times I fast travel to the point right by it, I never get anyone. That method doesn't work the greatest anyway, but for some reason with that particular spot.. I can never get people.

Not going to dare ask for match making for this (would need to be able to look at a map that actually shows your fireteam for that to work well). Don't want to start that discussion again. I wish Destiny Tracker had a bigger audience for forming public event groups. If anyone else loves farming these from time to time, Add me on PSN: CMiles

Yes the medallion and it doesn't matter about stacking you'll get more loot for it and it makes a difference.

Spider boss isn't easy? What? Its incredibly easy. If you unlock the second spiderboss you then have infinite cannons that basically guarantees you will kill both of them. The witches are easy because you literally only need to shoot a rocket at a crystal and do it to the other one. Do it quick enough and adds wont matter at all. Neither requires much skill to pull off even for average players.

You can also do most of these sidequests to get tokens WHILE doing PEs so again, thats just another advantage of PEs. You can run 1 strike in the time you can complete 4-5 PEs all the while doing the other planet activities you mentioned without having to wait for long loadtimes in between matches or depending on other players. In no way is strikes or PvP even close to the efficiency and ease of PEs.

Theyre still the way to level to 265 if youre looking for the easiest and most efficient way to level (and imo the most fun activities as well).

Two Spider Walkers solo is not at all easy. Especially Sub-265. I don't know what your metric for average is but your standards are higher than reality.

PVP anyone?

We are still in OT 2, kind of crazy compared to Destiny 1 where, we were in like huh.... OT5 I think before the game released

Carbonox

Anyone got space for 1 for trials/raid? I would like to put some time in to the former and I am familiar with the latter so whatever folks need.

PSN: Carbonox_Ratchet

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
The game is still really great, I think, but there are just some niggling problems that will hopefully be fixed as time marches on.

The biggest one for me right now is the shaders issue. I want to dress up and show off. Maybe I'm wrong and everyone else loves the new system, but I'd honestly scrap it. Single use, applying them to separate armour pieces, nah man. I'd scrap it completely and go back to the original system.

I even miss Chroma.

jviggy43

Two Spider Walkers solo is not at all easy. Especially Sub-265. I don't know what your metric for average is but your standards are higher than reality.

having infinite cannons is an instant win thus super easy. If average players can't handle that than fine average players are bad but that doesn't mean it isn't easy. Its incredibly easy. Its literally a free solo heroic.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone got space for 1 for trials/raid? I would like to put some time in to the former and I am familiar with the latter so whatever folks need.

PSN: Carbonox_Ratchet

We're going to run a raid soon, and we do need 1 more, you want that slot?

Edit: geez the timing, nvm someone came on right after I posted this >_<

gattsu

Does anyone think

HUGE RAID SPOILERS

that prestige raid we will fight the real Calus? Seems like he pulled a Star Fox on us and we only fight a robot of him. Would be dope to have a brand new encounter
No way. I like the way you think, though. Spinfoil hat = on

Dang, missed that first timer raid group on the last page. I really want to try it today cause I've got nothing on my plate all evening. Anyone else up for it? I might be underleveled though, 278PL Warlock.

Never tried a raid before but have tried to memorize the mechanics from videos. If anyone wants to be a patient guide or fumble along with me hit me up! PSN: SeaRyancrest.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
wut? like who?

I'm mainly talking about PVP people. People who spent countless hours in D1 PVP.

Didn't hundreds of people work on the game? They must've been far behind and needed all those people to just make the release date. A lot of things we see now are temporary. They are going to add more stuff over time but you can see the people who are impatient about that.

We are still in OT 2, kind of crazy compared to Destiny 1 where, we were in like huh.... OT5 I think before the game released

I came into Destiny a little late. But I remember clans having thousands of people in it day one. The amount of people playing was overwhelming. D2 beginnings is nothing compared to that and I don't think we'll ever see something like that for a game ever again.

Ramirez

having infinite cannons is an instant win thus super easy. If average players can't handle that than fine average players are bad but that doesn't mean it isn't easy. Its incredibly easy. Its literally a free solo heroic.

Aren't you the guy whining about the difficulty of the raid shotgun strike quest?

Calling players bad because they can't solo 2 spider tanks in like 3 minutes, lol.

I'm mainly talking about PVP people. People who spent countless hours in D1 PVP.

Didn't hundreds of people work on the game? They must've been far behind and needed all those people to just make the release date. A lot of things we see now are temporary. They are going to add more stuff over time but you can see the people who are impatient about that.

And those were the people they were trying so hard to cater to.

The cannons do trash DPS unless you charge them and that ticks time away. 6 Cannons =/= Infinite. At this point I'm wondering if we're playing different games because what you've been describing is not how things have worked in my experience at all.

jviggy43

Aren't you the guy whining about the difficulty of the raid shotgun strike quest?

Calling players bad because they can't solo 2 spider tanks in like 3 minutes, lol.

I complained about the time yes but less to do with it being hard and more to do with its annoying and doesn't reward you.

A bit different than having 4+ minutes to solo two spider tanks with infinite cannons that down them incredibly quickly. Like how you think the two are comparable to me is hilarious.

The cannons do trash DPS unless you charge them and that ticks time away. 6 Cannons =/= Infinite. At this point I'm wondering if we're playing different games because what you've been describing is not how things have worked in my experience at all.

They one shot adds and the held charge does a shit ton of damage and only requires about 3-4 seconds of a held charge to do high amounts of damage.

I complained about the time yes but less to do with it being hard and more to do with its annoying and doesn't reward you.

A bit different than having 4+ minutes to solo two spider tanks with infinite cannons that down them incredibly quickly. Like how you think the two are comparable to me is hilarious.

They one shot adds and the held charge does a shit ton of damage and only requires about 3-4 seconds of a held charge to do high amounts of damage.

Cannons one shot red bars. They definitely don't one shot Lt mobs. And it takes more than 3-4 seconds of charge to get good damage from the the rockets.

Ramirez

Doesn't reward you? It gives you a unique exotic.

jviggy43

Cannons one shot red bars. They definitely don't one shot Lt mobs. And it takes more than 3-4 seconds of charge to get good damage from the the rockets.
3-4 seconds is plenty of time for the legs. A single good charge on the neck when its down is more than enough to finish it solo but regardless weve moved away from the original argument in order to entertain a very single specific problem thats only a possibility. I could equally argue that you may have quitters in PvP or in the strikes which leaves you in a far worse circumstance than Pes. In almsot every scenario Pes are far and away the best activities to gear up to 265. Its not the only way, but its the most efficient and easiest to do.
Doesn't reward you? It gives you a unique exotic.

It gives you a shotgun exotic which is in a heavy spot that you will likely never use because why would anyone use a shotgun over rockets or even snipers in end game PvE (which requires completing end game content to even start the quest). No one is running it over merciless, curtain call, sins of the past for end game Pve content, especially against bosses who will just one shot you at close range. Youre also likely close to max level when you get the quest so even getting the higher LL doesn't matter much, especially since again, its a shotgun and you can only infuse into other shotguns. If it were worth anything, you'd see a lot more people making a case for it.

DeaDPo0L84

PVP anyone?

This simply isn't true and I'd love to see what sources you have to back up such a claim. If anything it has more positive word of mouth even from a lot of jaded D1 reviewers.

Bold One

I am at 271 Warlock not touched the rais or trials or Nightfall. I hope more is added. But it seems that for the hardcore there will never be enough stuff to do, you guys burn through the content at a voracious rate. No matter how many thousands of people work on it.

I hope the old locations come back with the same treatment and amount of activities as the current ones.

As for PvP, I am enjoying not being one-shotted by abilities and sticky grenades.

Aumann

I'm down. Psn is kojirospath

Depends on the armor set. Titan (the planet/moon) has a resillience set.

I dont mean the intrinsic perks, I mean if titan arms are able to be infused with a resilience or recovery legendary mod. I havent seen those two mods for the arms.

Top Bottom