• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 (PC/XB1/PS4, Sep 8) CG reveal trailer, pre-orders, gameplay debut May 18th

I wouldn't mind a real crafting system in D2 to make our own weapons and armour.
If we have a bigger Vault and better set up inventory maybe. I want everything organized.

Don't really wanna spend 2hrs going in circles to farm for this one material. Shit gets boring. Love that they let us buy everything. So if they keep that. Maybe. Still bigger Vault and inventory is needed.

Kyoufu

If we have a bigger Vault and better set up inventory maybe. I want everything organized.

Don't really wanna spend 2hrs going in circles to farm for this one material. Shit gets boring. Love that they let us buy everything. So if they keep that. Maybe. Still bigger Vault and inventory is needed.

I don't mind farming materials if the areas feel good to roam around in. I didn't have a problem gathering materials in WoW, FFXIV etc, but those worlds are much larger than Destiny's patrol areas, so it will depend on how big D2 actually is.

But yes, they totally need a bigger inventory. Much, much bigger.

Epcott

True open world with more diverse locations and branching paths per planet and seamless planet hopping with PVP/teammate and mission set up from a small HUD window, bikes with more functions, ships with more purpose than a loading screen (like a customizable private home quarters for planning strikes with visiting friends or holding extra inventory) and a meatier vanilla where a future area expansion doesn't always have to be part of a DLC.

That's all I really want.

I'm sure they'll deliver with weapons, classes, and so on. Honestly, I just be happy if the universe finally felt truly connected without the ship flying idle screens.

Engram trading, now is the time. You got an extotic thats not suited to your class or playstyle? Let us trade bungie!

I wouldn't mind an optional 3rd person while sprinting, or at least some sort of cross-terrain-sprint that has charges, but then again the sparrows sort of serve that purpose. I think it kind of worked in that game Section 8 last gen (which was actually pretty decent btw).

The way it's done in Ghost Recon: Wildlands is kind of cool too, where ADS shoots you into first person. But it can be a little jarring as well, I don't know if I'd ever choose that mode in Destiny if it was a choice unless I wanted to just get a good look at my character.

I thought it was great in moderwarfare 2 mulitplayer personally

Also i just listened to music of the spheres last night and man it just goes to show that at first destiny was going for a way cooler space opera tone than it is now.

I wouldn't mind an optional 3rd person while sprinting, or at least some sort of cross-terrain-sprint that has charges, but then again the sparrows sort of serve that purpose. I think it kind of worked in that game Section 8 last gen (which was actually pretty decent btw).

The way it's done in Ghost Recon: Wildlands is kind of cool too, where ADS shoots you into first person. But it can be a little jarring as well, I don't know if I'd ever choose that mode in Destiny unless I wanted to just get a good look at my character.

Pachimari

I wonder if they will have crossplay compatibility. Because seeing how this started out on consoles, I can see the community being larger on those platforms. While I will be getting it for PC.

Engram trading, now is the time. You got an extotic thats not suited to your class or playstyle? Let us trade bungie!

Probably not going to happen as they were advised by Blizzard that Trading/AH was a bad move that Blizz wishes they never implemented.

If they do trading, I could see it being done similarly to the way they've instituted it in The Division, where you can trade for a limited amount of time and only with players that you were grouped with when the gear dropped.

Two Words

I thought it was great in moderwarfare 2 mulitplayer personally

Also i just listened to music of the spheres last night and man it just goes to show that at first destiny was going for a way cooler space opera tone than it is now.
I don't see trading happening. It seems like Bungie is trying to tie more loot to quests. That's what they've been doing more in TTK and RoI. Trading really breaks that.

Trading isn't happening. Bungie wants for the most part wants loot to feel earned.

Yes there xur and 3oC, but unless you've played this game for years and built a stockpile you don't get nearly the same amount of coins compared to year 1.

Two Words

Trading isn't happening. Bungie wants for the most part wants loot to feel earned.

Yes there xur and 3oC, but unless you've played this game for years and built a stockpile you don't get nearly the same amount of coins compared to year 1.
Hmm? Earning strange coins is easy.

ZeoVGM

Banned

wat. It's far easier to get way more Strange Coins after Year 1.

I took a break from the game for a year and every couple weeks since being back I load up on 3oC and Exotic Shard's and always end up back over 100 before the next time I need to reup.

You get Strange coins and Motes like crazy now.

Already posted?

qbFqleL.jpg

I don't see a dedicated third person mode being a good fit for Destiny.

I'd at least like to see it when not in combat, as an option. Spending all this time finding new gear that looks cool sucks when I only see it when I'm in the tower, on my sparrow, emoting, or using a sword/super.

sjay1994

I hope that new subclasses are in. Beyond Solar, Void and Arc.

Give me Vex time powers so I can make the dankest JOJO references.

You don't get nearly the same amount.

Maybe I'm nuts here, but I feel like I never have enough.

Yeah, you arent remembering properly. In year 1 you could get 27 guaranteed SC per week. You could get the occasional SC from an engram but it was rare. Then when HoW dropped you could get a few more per week from PoE.

Y2 and beyond you get 4 everytime you level up a faction/vanguard/crucible. And you get them more often from engrams.

Basically y1 was limited to ~27 a week. Y2 is unlimited.

Trakan

When I was putting in hours and hours a day, I would get 100 strange coins in a week. That was a lot of gameplay though.

Midas

Was that during year 1? I used to get a lot. I have no idea how you get so many now though. Guessing bounties?

Yeah, 100 a week is quite a lot. How many did you get from the weekly heroic playlist? 9 per character? Can't recall. These days it feels like you do get them all the time, so 100 per week since TTK maybe isn't that much?

daedalius

I loaded up destiny again, still awesome, can't wait for destiny 2.

Although I wish I could order the limited edition on Amazon...

Lakitu

st5fu
I want bigger and more play spaces, more vehicles, towns/outposts, quests with npcs, factions (not related to mp) and an actual decent story.

MaxiLive

My one hope for the game is that the focus doesn't remain on having multiple characters and locking down the loot to one role a week unless you have multiple characters.

It is supposed to be about becoming legend not legends. By all means still allow multiple characters for players to swap between if they like but don't diminish the experience for players only wanting to use one.

In Destiny 1 I didn't have the time to level up 3 characters and to keep them equipped at a high enough level to be worthwhile in raids etc. But I did want to keep playing more but it seemed pointless as my gear progression was severely hampered. Maybe a lot of that has been fixed with the patches these days but hopefully it is something they don't revert to in Destiny 2.

That picture gives me the impression that Bungie could be planning a Destiny convention, especially since Bungie trademarked 'DestinyCon' back in February.

Trakan

Was that during year 1? I used to get a lot. I have no idea how you get so many now though. Guessing bounties?

Sorry, Y2. In Y1 there weren't as many uses for strange coins so once you had everything you just stockpiled them, that's why it felt like you had more.

Man all this Destiny 2 hype makes me want to boot up D1 again. I haven't done any AoT stuff yet so I'll probably play it in between Persona runs

Sorry if this has been discussed but what are the chances of PC/PS4 cross-play?

While convenient for playing with friends or big communities like GAF, the performance difference would be jarring.

lol

Well, at least X1/W10 crossplay would be pretty sweet. If not for PvP, then for PvE. Crossing fingers for that.

Even for PvE it'll be annoying. No Cross voice chat (unless Client based VOIP, which is bad enough within the same platform) and PC players complaining about how "bad" console players are. Even in games where the control differences don't result in as large a difference in performance this still happens.

No Cross voice chat (unless Client based VOIP, which is bad enough within the same platform) and PC players complaining about how "bad" console players are.

FWIW Windows 10 and XBox users can be in the same party chat, works well, though it took the Windows users a while to figure out how to direct the audio output between their various devices.

Sorry if this has been discussed but what are the chances of PC/PS4 cross-play?

Maaaaaaaybe between Windows App and Xbox. Unlikely but maybe.

PS4 and PC. No, no chance.

Remember this game again is also getting disgustingly stupid long term exclusive content on PS4.

As someone who was on PS4 for D1 but would like to try it out on PC. It's fucking wrong. It was wrong last time, it's wrong again this time. It's a shitty practice.

Top Bottom