• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

Furyous

I need to see a DLC roadmap first.

I'm thinking some time within the first two years of release. That way the level cap is raised and at least three pieces of DLC are released. By then a bundle should exist somewhere at say $40 for the game plus three content packs.

Tawpgun

Beta seems fine to me minus a few things.

I'm totally in. Destiny is such a huge, social force and I don't see D2 being any different.

Already bought digitally on Xbox and will be buying the PC version too although I'm waiting to see if Battle.net adds a version with the DLC included.

ME! The beta has it's problems and Bungie acknowledge the build is months old. I am hoping that the weapon structure works for PVE but still reserving judgement. I loved the new story mission and can't wait to learn more. PVP is better as well.

If anything, I am excited to play with my friends again.

I'll try the PC beta first. i know i don't want the console version as playing the PS4 beta (on a PS4Pro) showed me that I can no longer tolerate 30fps FPS games. If the beta is cool (and from what I've seen I'm 50/50 on that) I'll buy. The PC beta just needs to show the game is stable, configurable and solid.
I'd have preferred a beta like the first Destiny as I'm not interested in PvP at all.

Although if it's definitely a buy.....90% certain?

Raide

Probably later in the year when the early bugs and connection issues are sorted and hopefully their content plan/dlc is more known.

LordOfChaos

Still waiting to find out how much content there will be.

If it's like year 1 destiny, forget that noise. If it's like Destiny with all the DLCs as the new base game, maybe.

I'm in on day one on PC, just preordered earlier this week.

I'm not so hype that I feel the need to double dip on PS4 to see everything ASAP, I can wait the seven or so weeks, but I'm really excited. I only played D1 for about a month at launch, and for a week or two with TTK before ROI came out. Never played ROI and at this point I'm avoiding loading D1 at all so I don't burn myself out.

Day one PS4 here. I've enjoyed the beta and after playing D1 on and off for the past three years, I definitely notice the improvements and changes. I may still have some reservations about the story or length, but I've enjoyed the beta and D1 so much I'm jumping on the hype train!

Still waiting to find out how much content there will be.

If it's like year 1 destiny, forget that noise. If it's like Destiny with all the DLCs as the new base game, maybe.

You won't have as many raids or strikes overall, I think it's fair to assume. But then again, each Destiny 1 raid became obsolete and of diminished challenge as the light cap was bumped.

Joba62x

Neo Member
I don't like the gun slot changes and hopefully cool downs can be helped with proper exotics, I'm not enjoying the beta much.

Then I look at the release dates for games this year and I'm not seeing alot so if its this or nothing ill take this.

FinKL

1 Physical copy on Xbox to trade in on the Oct 29th.
3 PC Copies for myself and friend's early Christmas Present

Upinsmoke

Not enough difference, except the feel of the guns, no punch to them compared to the first. I mean change the only thing that doesn't need changing and refuse to change enemies, hud, menu's. Its literally dlc marketed as a fully fledged game.

I'm in.

Even with all the issues people with 2k+ hours into D1, I somehow thing Bungie will do the right thing as they did with D1.

jacobs34

I'm sure I will end up buying it, but I'm definitely at a point where I need about a year away from the franchise to get out of the burnout period I'm in. I played the beta, and liked some of the things they've changed, but it's pretty clear that general player progression will be pretty similar to original Destiny and I need off of that treadmill for awhile.

I played the Beta last night so obviously I have it preordered... but I wasn't blown away by the PvE and PvP isn't why I personally come to Destiny, so I'm on the fence right now for an "Day 1" purchase. Given all that I have in my backlog I probably should just hold off for D2's Taken King moment and then jump in.

Unlike other super long games I feel like the game literally deletes your save with each update.

lol This is a hilarious way to frame it. I can't say I disagree though; as someone that has come back to Destiny after long gaps, I feel like I'm playing a completely different game each time, and not in a good way. Don't know if that feeling would be lessened had I played it constantly and dealt with each small update and tweak as they came, as opposed to all at once.

bigJP

im in, may not be a fan of everything, but im sure ill have fun. Plus rather be in from the start then have to play catchup

It's a wait and see for me on the PC. If I like the beta and if get friends to play with me, then maybe. I'm still super fucking miffed that they decided to forego dedicated servers for any PvP aspect of the game, even though it's on BNET.

Seems worse than the first game from what they've put out so far, and I did not enjoy the first game. Maybe in a year or so during a slow period of releases. Them hiding the game even more than they did for the first Destiny doesn't inspire confidence either.

t hicks

Banned
I think I'm gonna pass, I played the beta and the gunplay felt great imo, but there's just so much coming out this fall and my interest in D2 isn't that high :/

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
oh cmon, you'll be in and running trains on Day 1.

Get in line.

fggffg.gif

I'm going to check in after Christmas and see what the end game looks like. I hate doing raids so if that's all I have to look forward to then that's a hard no from me. As it stands now I'm pretty underwhelmed by the beta.

Rainer70

Already preordered on PS4. I like what I've played in the beta, and Destiny 1 is some of the most fun I've ever had playing games with friends.

After what Activision has done to Call of Duty, I will never trust any multiplayer title from them ever again. I was interested in it coming to PC, but I'm going to pass.

millions upon millions of happy customers who aren't me

I'm gonna give this game some time to gestate before I consider whether I really, really want the PC version. I'm done trolling on Destiny 2; I'm going to give it a genuine chance, just like I gave Destiny 1. I'm just not going to do it at launch again.

Top Bottom