• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

phen0m24

I've preordered for my sons and I. While I sincerely hope Bungie buffs the cooldowns, I'll still end up playing the crap out of it.

Will I uninstall this iteration 7 times too? Time will tell.

120v

i was never even that into Destiny but D2 is my most hyped game in years

i never did the raids, always got my ass kicked in crucible, still have no idea what the story was about... but damn if it wasn't the perfect game to unwind to. no matter how shitty my day i could put in a few hours after work and have a good time

and i'm hardly even a console gamer. so with PC now in the picture... it's going to eat up a huge part of my life i can already tell

Toni

Eventhough I haven't played the beta because I'm trying to go full dark for the September release, and have been mostly on the bandwagon that thinks the changes are not that incremental...I'll still be pre-ordering the White PS4 Pro console Bundle this Friday when I get paid.

I know Bungie will deliver with content for next 3 years since they are commited to bring them out more fiercely and consecutively for Destiny 2.

Going to start with my legendary Nightstalker Hunter.

CREMSteve

Already ordered it, but honestly I'm super bummed the beta doesn't allow for exploration. That's the no. 1 thing I love about Destiny, so I'm having a tough time even trying the beta.

DeaDPo0L84

Digital deluxe already pre ordered. As much as I bitched about d1 content I like what they have had to say about how they were approaching content in d2. Plus a big factor for me is this is the game most of my friends will be playing so it becomes more than a game, it's essentially our "hang out" spot for us to shoot the shit and then literally shoot shit.

Jumeira

Banned
Nope, not interested in it (or Overwatch). Waiting on Anthem, I don't have time to invest into these type of games, and if I do then it'll be 1 per gen. Anthem looks more interesting.

SpokkX

Can you play the beta without preorder?

Want to try the game first.. kind of burnt after D1 - was a mess in so many ways imo

Yes. 2 copies (one for my wife) - both including the expansion passes.

I think the beta is ridiculously light on content. But the quality of the Strike and PvP are very promising.

It’s included with my white PS4 Pro bundle so have no choice. However, I will be selling my copy and the expansion pass once I do get it because I don’t want the game.

SirNinja

Digital deluxe on PS4, first day it was available. At 800+ hours, the original Destiny gave me more bang for my buck than almost any game I've ever bought, not to mention 150+ friends.

Sanpei

Not me...i am done with endless grinding...

On D1, we played same quests over and over again and wasted so many hours of my life for nothing...

Not again...I ll play other games

Farsi

Bought the digital deluxe after the beta. I have faith that i'm gonna put alot of time into this game. Barely played the 1st Destiny.

Completely forgot that I had the GameStop Exclusive Edition for PS4 on preorder. So, me for now!

I think it helps that I've never played the first one either.

Raven117

Eventhough I haven't played the beta because I'm trying to go full dark for the September release, and have been mostly on the bandwagon that things the changes are not that incremental...I'll be pre-ordering the White PS4 Pro console Bundle this Friday when I get paid.

I know Bungie will deliver with content for next 3 years since they are commited to bring them out more fiercely and consecutively for Destiny 2.

Going to start with my legendary Nightstalker Hunter.

You really have been full dark.
Nightstalker is not confirmed to be in D2 on release. Moreover, its my favorite class as well, but you just wouldn't play it over a warlock or titan in a pve setting

farmerboy

Will buy it for the pve alone. I do think they'll flesh out that side of it rather nicely. Have little interest in pvp (cos I'm rather shite).

Still can't get my head around the new weapon slots/loadouts. Cant see the benefit.

kiaaa

I'm probably not going to cancel my pre-order because it's something to play with my co-workers, but we were all pretty disappointed with the beta. It's just not as fun to play in its current state.

Colbert

Banned
The idea that you enjoyed Destiny for 800 hours despite it's problems, and this somehow breaks everything to the point you won't even play it, is batshit insane to me.

I know. I wanted the game to be good. A lot of those hours were due to farming purples which in the beginning was very rare.

The Goat

Destiny went from one of my favorite games this gen (quite possibly fav fps of all time) to a game I have no interest in with Destiny 2.

The beta sealed my decision. Nothing I've played, seen or read, says this game is a sequel. Just my feeling, of course. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion.

Juraash

I have some serious issues with Destiny, that said, I also enjoyed the hell out of it and I had a lot of fun with people here doing strikes and raids and other fun stuff.

I have it pre-ordered, mostly for the beta, but I'm not sold 100%. I don't really like the way my character feels in the beta. Not sure if it's gear related or just general changes to how the game plays, but I wasn't instantly engrossed like I was when I played the first one. Everything feels sluggish and cool downs seem to take ages. It just felt off.

I need to play more and see/read a lot more before I can determine if it's worth the price of admission.

Paasei

Considering it now that it comes out on pc as well.

Played it for a month or so when the first game launched. Crappy cintrols6and nobody to play with stopped me.

That last part is still a major factor.

robertoci

Yup enjoyed the beta from what I played and to be honest was probably gonna pre-order anyway.

September 6th can't come fast enough!

Kremzeek

Just played the Beta and there is no way I'll be spending any money on this.

yeah i wanted so badly to get excited for this, but after getting burned by the unmet promises of D1 I just see nothing to reassure myself after playing the lackluster beta.

7he Talon

Sure am! They'll fix some of the issues I have with the beta for the final game. I'm very excited to get my hands on the finish product.

I'm probably not. I've got no desire to play the beta, and I'm reluctant to try it in case I get hooked again. There's probably a good game there but it is just too transparently manipulative for me to want to play.

I cancelled my pre order. I'll wait to see user reviews after it's been out for awhile to see if there are some good changes.

Right now, i dont have a problem with the PVP.
I like that its more weapon based, but on the other hand, the weapon loadout & slow recharge of abilities and supers for PVE sucks.

Top Bottom