• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
This is what making all the new weapons useless looks like.

Are any new weapon worth it compared to their equivalent from past weapons?
Better is often subjective. I think rather than creating new weapons designed to replace the old ones by virtue of being clearly better they're trying to offer new things which complement our old loadouts.

I'll explain. No vendor is currently selling high impact sniper rifles. But honestly, we already have plenty of those (IB, BH, Spear, LDR et al). The new snipers are generally speaking lower impact but fire way more quickly. This won't be better in all scenarios but is definitely a welcome addition to the stable because in certain situations they can be more appealing.

In terms of endgame drops (PoE, ToO), they both have better Pulse Rifles than the VoG/CE variety. Scouts: VoC is great, so is the Fang, so is The Scholar - another welcome addition. For the first time, we're getting good Auto Riles in the endgame (I still feel they're bound to be re-buffed eventually, their current state is impossible).

I don't know, I guess it's a mixed bag. Some stuff is better, some stuff is worse, but there's a lot of stuff :p I think the idea was to offer stuff to fill in the little niches in our loadouts instead of just replacing them altogether. And while I'd have loved some new ultimate loot that eclipsed the old stuff, I like the idea of respecting old tiers and just offering variety with other stuff which is different instead of better outright. And I think it worked! I wouldn't say The Scholar is better than VoC, but I wouldn't say it's worse either. Both are def. worth owning for instance.

The fact that they are letting us ascend everything sort of convinces me this is the case. They want our new and old stuff to be normalized in terms of base stats (everything can go to cap) and just be differentiated by your preferred play styles.

I'm done with ToO

PvP can fuck off. No ranked matchmaking is ridiculous.

Tired of waiting for trains. Waited up tip 3am or later for nothing several times. Fuck it

Twilight has been trying to carry you through Trials since last weekend. I don't understand why you'd have to wait until 3am since you were first on the list.

Why wait for a train. Just find people to play it with rather than someone to carry you.

I'm looking for ToO anyone game?

I did both last week. Got burned many times too. Whatever. Don't care anymore.

This PvP focused expansion is bullshit. Bungie should label it as such next time.

If Comet continues this bullshit I'm done.

nOoblet16

Look at COD stats, everybody has a KD near 1 (I am 2 but every match is just sweaty).

Also people would start to reverse boost...have crap KD all week and then play trails.

People tried it and it gets abused...big time. Excellent players going into matches who are really KD 3 players on COD in 0.7 KD lobbies - its a massacre.

Plus your mates no longer want to play with you if you get them higher lobbies - see the problem,
If you do pure connection based then you'll still have the situation of excellent players turning up in low skilled lobbies. At least with the way I described (a lot of games do that) you can flush out some people who can't be bothered abusing the system. Very few games do pure connection based matchmaking (or pure skill based) and none do it for ranked playlist.

Matchmaking in itself has some drawbacks compared to server browser where you can just pick the server you are like and play with familiar people while being aware of their skill level and be picky about connection speed. Matchmaking cannot really do that unfortunately since it can't be as flexible.

Namikaze1

Twilight has been trying to carry you through Trials since last weekend. I don't understand why you'd have to wait until 3am since you were first on the list.
Fig, please. I just need four more wins. I'm about to give up on this shit. Spent all day trying to get the Warlock boots yesterday. Please, can you help me out in getting those four wins later?

Anyone need 1 for ToO. If it's a Mercury trip I'm up for it. If it's a tooth and nail battle to 5 wins for the armour I'm up for that also.

I can hold my own normally in pvp bit rest of my clan are burned out on trials so I'm left solo

Never showed up. Don't want to blame anyone or anything. He's doing a lot of good. I've just only been burned waiting.

He's posted it in this thread numerous times saying he wants to take you through Trials and you haven't responded.
Fig, please. I just need four more wins. I'm about to give up on this shit. Spent all day trying to get the Warlock boots yesterday. Please, can you help me out in getting those four wins later?

I'll be on tonight, so I'll try my best.

I did both last week. Got burned many times too. Whatever. Don't care anymore.

This PvP focused expansion is bullshit. Bungie should label it as such next time.

If Comet continues this bullshit I'm done.

Comet should be meaty.

Predicions. I am expecting a new planet/moon with about 10 story missions (across various planets). 2-3 strikes and a Raid.

Base XP level increase to 30, a new subclass for all classes and Light Level 40 max.

ocean

Banned
That mood sine curve creeping downwards again...

Hopefully Iron Banner trains will cheer us all up next weekend :) relaxed, low-stakes PvP with full party chat is always a blast.

Hopefully Iron Banner trains will cheer us all up next weekend :) relaxed, low-stakes PvP with full party chat is always a blast.

I never liked PvP and so this is truly my worst nightmare. The spammy one shot kills etc is just an awful way for PvP in any game to work.

PoE is so lame and repetitive, not fun at all.

New gear is underwhelming.

Keys are stupid.

Most new weapon exotics are locked behind 2 walls of RNG (gotta get the bounty first!)

Etc etc etc.

Quality of life for the game has been amazing, but the content added is craaaaap

I'm not liking that I have to play trials just to benefit the most for gear this time around. I like the crucible in a non friendship ending way. Trials of Osiris seems too stressful to me, if I don't perform well, I'm going to drag the team down, so I don't even bother doing it anymore.

So I stick to PoE, which makes me want to pull my hair out because I get like nothing in return for that.

Now if there was a 'matchmaking/no party' Playlist for ToO I would do that

But bungie has been really stingy with game types with destiny (still baffled by no CTF)

/endrant

Oath brother!

Feel the same way. Haven't bothered with ToO since I'm a avarage PvP at best and I'm scared of sinking my team.
So I'm stuck trying grind out PoE 34 which is the toughest encounter I've played in this game tbh (I'm 33).

I really think it's just the shitty map. If it was Exodus Blue then I think the mood would be a lot different.

Will they even do Exodus Blue since it's a PS4 exclusive map? I highly doubt it but god I hope so.

Idk you seemed pretty pissed off about the whole thing. Just thought you should know you were actually top of the list.

Moreso ToO in general. Like I said Zoba and Unstable are doing amazing things

Having a wife and 4 kids doesn't give me availability all the time. If things don't work out it sucks.

HoW in general. Most people seem to love the expansion.

The content isn't good.

PoE is repetitive and boring. ToO is unranked and a slaughter for moderate players.

Story missions were better but nothing close to anything from the Halo series and continues to disappoint.

Aaaaand that's it!

The new story missions were far better than TDB missions at least. And as someone who generally enjoys PvP, Trials has been a lot of fun. PoE is still good if you enjoy the company of the people you're doing it with just like the raids.

PuMa

The content isn't good.

PoE is repetitive and boring. ToO is unranked and a slaughter for moderate players.

Story missions were better but nothing close to anything from the Halo series and continues to disappoint.

Aaaaand that's it!
OK. That's your opinion and that's fine. I like it as do many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom