• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

45 posts to go..

Oops preemptively freaking out.

On a unrelated note, I went to pick up Chinese tonight and was wearing my Nepal shirt. Guy at the counter played and we ended up chatting about IB and possible upcoming content. Always cool stuff like that, reminds you just how many people play this game and enjoy it.

My new computer desk takes 4 hours to build (per reviewers). There are about 30 steps and I'm on step 16. Half way hype!

When it's finally complete tomorrow, I'll be moving my Xbox and ps4 to my office room, playing on a 27" monitor instead of my 65" tv. I can't wait.

I haven't played trials yet this weekend which is not like myself. It might be the first thing I try when everything is hooked up.

Oops preemptively freaking out.

On a unrelated note, I went to pick up Chinese tonight and was wearing my Nepal shirt. Guy at the counter played and we ended up chatting about IB and possible upcoming content. Always cool stuff like that, reminds you just how many people play this game and enjoy it.
Guess it has to be page 401 :|

My new computer desk takes 4 hours to build (per reviewers). There are about 30 steps and I'm on step 16. Half way hype!

When it's finally complete tomorrow, I'll be moving my Xbox and ps4 to my office room, playing on a 27" monitor instead of my 65" tv. I can't wait.

I haven't played trials yet this weekend which is not like myself. It might be the first thing I try when everything is hooked up.
Nice, post some pictures once you get it all setup!

I'm doing a similar thing in a few weeks. New corner desk and getting a second ps4 for my office/computer room. Undecided whether to buy a 27" IPS for the ps4(and third monitor for PC when not using ps4) or get a 32" Sony LCD. I watch a lot of YouTube and Netflix whilst in that room so leaning towards the tv right now.

Ghazi

Iron Banner offers better loot, I don't think I'll bother with Trials this weekend unless I get into a good group.

317 Titan mark from rank 5 package. Alright bungie, you did good.

310 ghost also. Can that roll any higher? Everyone seems to be posting that they got 310.

GutZ31

I can't put that burden on you.

giphy.gif

GorillaJu

Damn, a Hebridean Thoughtcrime (legendary ship) dropped for me in an IB match. This is by far the coolest ship I've seen so far in Destiny. I love it.

One more win or bounty from rank 5 on my second character(only have two). Then I can just play for fun/drops. Hopefully I get another piece or two before tomorrow night, if not I've got the marks to buy them.

Titan needs gauntlets. Hunter needs chest and gauntlets. Really want that ship though. Gratz to poster above.

I hope they don't nerf IB drops now. I'm actually excited for future bananas now.

Ken

Is Hung Jury the best vendor primary I can get? I finally got enough marks for a weapon and don't have any 280 weapons yet.

Jinjo

Does anyone know (from experience) if we can still get thr Refraction Melt shader in Y2? It says it can drop from strike/crucible playlist but I've never seen it, not even when I farmed legacy strikes for a bit.

Imo it's one of the best shaders in the game (it has a mix of red/purple/lightbrown).

If everyone is lagging it is null, but if only one person is lagging they absolutely have an advantage.

Yep, this is absolutely true. Bungie even explicitly discussed it in a weekly update a little while back. Part of a patch was designed to address the issue. I forget the exact phrasing but the gist was "players with consistently poor connections will not gain as much of an advantage going forward."

Who is creating the next OT? Nami?

The troll is strong with this one ;) New OT eta is 5 min. Holy shit I spent way too long on the TLW gifs that most people (apparently) don't even notice, haha. Either way it was actually pretty fun to put together.

Edit: Slightly surprised I was able to finish with plenty of posts left to go. Thanks to the daily lull time at this hour plus weekend lulls plus well-established general Destiny lull currently.

Does anyone know (from experience) if we can still get thr Refraction Melt shader in Y2? It says it can drop from strike/crucible playlist but I've never seen it, not even when I farmed legacy strikes for a bit.

Imo it's one of the best shaders in the game (it has a mix of red/purple/lightbrown).

PoE and strikes according to this https://www.bungie.net/en/armory/Detail?type=item&item=651681371&itemname=Refraction Melt
Yep, this is absolutely true. Bungie even explicitly discussed it in a weekly update a little while back. Part of a patch was designed to address the issue. I forget the exact phrasing but the gist was "players with consistently poor connections will not gain as much of an advantage going forward."

They said that they would have a temporary account restriction
If you’re manipulating network traffic, or if your connection is so bad that you’re unintentionally compromising the experience of other players, we’ll issue a temporary restriction from all Crucible activity.

They also said this Our matchmaking engineers are also monitoring the overall health of the matchmaking pool writ large with an eye toward making improvements across the board. You’ll be hearing from that team about their progress in the weeks to come.

And on sunbreakers Indeed, we hear you. We’re looking at the data, as well. It’s too early to dig in and make any promises. We’ll talk more soon, once we get a full picture.

Soon was 5 weeks ago, the way they deal with issues is so bad
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13762

inthrall

The troll is strong with this one ;) New OT eta is 5 min. Holy shit I spent way too long on the TLW gifs that most people (apparently) don't even notice, haha. Either way it was actually pretty fun to put together.

Edit: Slightly surprised I was able to finish with plenty of posts left to go. Thanks to the daily lull time at this hour plus weekend lulls plus well-established general Destiny lull currently.

Wanna do a couple of rounds of PvP/trials after? I got 20-30 mins to kill

They said that they would have a temporary account restriction
If you’re manipulating network traffic, or if your connection is so bad that you’re unintentionally compromising the experience of other players, we’ll issue a temporary restriction from all Crucible activity.

Yeah, that's definitely true. I remember them talking about that a little while back. Unless I was smoking crack at the time I have a clear memory that one update also included language about consistently poor connections providing that player an advantage.

I remembered it so clearly mainly because it made me think of FarNorthLegend, haha. I'm sure I could dig it up eventually if I was so inclined, unless somebody else remembers more specifically.

Edit:

Wanna do a couple of rounds of PvP/trials after? I got 20-30 mins to kill

Sadly I can't game right now considering how long I ended up messing around with the new thread. But I'll be around late my time tonight/early Monday morning my time (aka 16-18 hours from now) if you're still looking to do some runs. Definitely down to do some Trials beatdowns with you if you're around then. Hopefully Rubenov won't be totally burned out by then. Me and him still haven't lost a game yet this week while playing together.

inthrall

Sadly I can't game right now considering how long I ended up messing around with the new thread. But I'll be around late my time tonight/early Monday morning my time (aka 16-18 hours from now) if you're still looking to do some runs. Definitely down to do some Trials beatdowns with you if you're around then. Hopefully Rubenov won't be totally burned out by then. Me and him still haven't lost a game yet this week while playing together.

Sounds good, I'm free before the day resets so I'l try be on by then :D

Top Bottom