• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Namikaze1

Well, Hunter is now at 314 without me needing to bring over my Titan's 320 sniper. Forgot I had several 310+ special weapons for infusion in the vault. The new gauntlets and the now 318 Stillpiercer gets her to 314. Titan is about 2 light points away from hitting 316.

rezn0r

You get an alternate character bonus on your 2nd & 3rd once the first one is done. They fly up. If you know you can play Monday you can easily ignore characters 2 & 3 until then unless you feel like farming drops.

edit: I should add, the easily part includes still grabbing bounties so you have something to turn in. I didn't mean just level up fast by winning matches/turning in medals

New OT in progress, nobody panic. I didn't notice any "popular" title suggestions but someone please refresh my memory if I missed it. Otherwise I've got a couple ideas I could use.

Also, GGs to short-lived Banner crew. Hilariously sad that two different teams I was in today managed to lose 5-6 total games in the exact same way: we lead the entire game until they start popping a million hammers and chaining orbs. Suddenly our 1000+ point lead is now a 200 point loss. I'd like to score a 320 Ghost or well-rolled hand cannon/machine gun, but...

Ea8zVH0.jpg

Edit: on a positive note, had a freaking blast running Macello to the sunny shores with Rubenov. So many mega-clutch moments. The 1-4 comeback win. The final boss clutch out even after being down 3-4 and facing a seemingly hopeless 1v3.

Why am i being shot at by a touch of malice in pvp? Who is that stupid?

Huge damage boost for the final round breaks it's intended RoF/Impact class. It's supposed to be the fastest firing, lowest damage archetype ala NL Shadow and Inward Lamp. Of course it also kills you at the same time but only ~7 HP per shot. So you may end up trading, even accidentally if you fire one or two extra shots after your target is dead.

It's not great or anything but it is fun.

XenoRaven

Any IB trains going? I'm working on the Crucible quest and I gotta win Weekly Playlist matches. Since IB is in the Weekly Playlist slot, I think I need to do IB.

What do you mean how? You get to rank 5 with a character like any other time.
I'm looking for some matches.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Let's boogie. PSN Afrodeeziyak.

Join up on me for IB. I'll pass leader to someone else soon since I'm gonna get food at some point.

yooooo...Im decent can I join you after your match? sorry I didn't join earlier...had to lose the game for the medallion

2500 points and win bounty finally complet. Come from behind(quite far behind too) victory, 3.25 k/d in the end. Felt good. Finally rank 3 and sitting on all 3 weeklies ready to hand in after reset(the one requiring rank 4 will obviously get completed when I hand in the other 2 weeklies). If that doesn't get me to 5 then should only be one or two daily bounties tonight to finish it off.

Then to finish off my hunter using the double xp bonus. All I want is the damn ship :(

Edit: so uh, is the rank 3 package meant to be completely useless or has rng fucked me in the ass once again?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
2500 points and win bounty finally complet. Come from behind(quite far behind too) victory, 3.25 k/d in the end. Felt good. Finally rank 3 and sitting on all 3 weeklies ready to hand in after reset(the one requiring rank 4 will obviously get completed when I hand in the other 2 weeklies). If that doesn't get me to 5 then should only be one or two daily bounties tonight to finish it off.

Then to finish off my hunter using the double xp bonus. All I want is the damn ship :(

Edit: so uh, is the rank 3 package meant to be completely useless or has rng fucked me in the ass once again?

the latter...wait for rank 5 loot...310 and up..hopefully in your case

rezn0r

don't know the facts but I've seen people mention quitting and going to orbit and getting the missing rewards. sounds like they are bugged out. hopefully that was it. good luck

equil

You get a 310 blue artifact.

Nightstalker is so much fun. Easily the most fun subclass in the game.

It's a total blast, so so fun. Not sure it tops year 1 Bladedancer's fun factor for me, but it's very comparable in a totally different way. BD was just flat out fucking fast. Blink and Quick Draw paired perfectly with an aggressive TLW-sniper combo that could get you into and out of danger faster than anyone else. So many Trials rounds were saved by a skin-of-the-teeth evasive revive or escape from danger that no other subclass would have a prayer of accomplishing.

It was flat out OP, no question, but still with a towering skill ceiling. Compare that to Hammer Bro which is also flat out OP but in a much less interesting way. I'd be hard pressed to give NS the same OP designation but it sure as hell has the skill ceiling to make it feel that way when played correctly. It's not about brute quickness like BD but rather sneaky-Pete resourcefulness. You won't get as many kills as Hammer Time but you will make the plays that win the game without showing up on the scoreboard.

Disclaimer: I'm sorry for getting distracted writing this post instead of finishing the new OT :p

XenoRaven

It's a total blast, so so fun. Not sure it tops year 1 Bladedancer's fun factor for me, but it's very comparable in a totally different way. BD was just flat out fucking fast. Blink and Quick Draw paired perfectly with an aggressive TLW-sniper combo that could get you into and out of danger faster than anyone else. So many Trials rounds were saved by a skin-of-the-teeth evasive revive or escape from danger that no other subclass would have a prayer of accomplishing.

It was flat out OP, no question, but still with a towering skill ceiling. Compare that to Hammer Bro which is also flat out OP but in a much less interesting way. I'd be hard pressed to give NS the same OP designation but it sure as hell has the skill ceiling to make it feel that way when played correctly. It's not about brute quickness like BD but rather sneaky-Pete resourcefulness. You won't get as many kills as Hammer Time but you will make the plays that win the game without showing up on the scoreboard.

Disclaimer: I'm sorry for getting distracted writing this post instead of finishing the new OT :p
No one can complain until we hit 20k posts.

Cade

OT38: The real challenge mode is waiting for challenge mode

EDIT: Oh god what a shitty top of page post. Have mercy on my souls guys.

chunqckb9.gif

I'll chime in again with:

OT37: What is old, is new again

That's a good one. Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the expression but wouldn't "what was old is new again" make more sense?

The year 1 exotics update is a good option to focus on since it captures part of the spirit currently happening. We've exhausted the new stuff, time to be nostalgic about old stuff.

Frankly there's so little happening with the game that there aren't many other options outside acknowledging the down time with something like "The Grasp of Us." A good idea related to KF Challenge Mode could work but they've barely acknowledged that those exist.

No one can complain until we hit 20k posts.

You'd think that.... but this is the internet...

And yes I realize I'm not helping my situation by making this post :p

/// edit to avoid adding to post count ///

OT 38: Let's Party Like It's Patch 1.1.2

|OT38| Destiny is ded!

OT38: The real challenge mode is waiting for challenge mode

Wait, so what's the deal with OT38 instead of OT37? Feel like I'm missing something.

Top Bottom