• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

rc213

I've lost count how many times I've been one on one with a guy we both into shotgun range. I've got a chance right? Nope, They pop a sniper rifle and 1 hit kill me before they've even aimed.

Working as intended i guess right bungle.

stay gold

Jesus christ how hard is it to find a fresh game?

There needs to be an option to opt out of join in progress, loading in and immediately getting supered or killed with heavy is not fun.

Sorry for those who had to put up with that. I'm taking a break until 2.1.

But... who will be my Trials buddy ;_; Of course I totally understand, you gotta do what's best. The problems are well documented by now and the cardinal rule remains the same: "stop playing when it's not fun." Having 4 Titans chaining orbs for perma-hammers that chains into controlling heavy spawns that chains into more kills for more hammers for more orbs...

That said, I think our IB games today represent the worst of Destiny PvP (excluding BS cheaters, etc). There's so much zaniness from the supers to OP weapons to movement abilities, which gives it a unique charm but can also grate when these elements dominate. Throw that on top of some of the worst spawns I've seen in this or any PvP and it's a recipe for aggravation. I laugh when I can start machine gunning a guy before his feet hit the ground but it's really a damn shame because the shoe will always end up on the other foot sometimes.

Needing to control spawns in order to control capture points gives Control a needed element of predictability, ironing out the rough edges a smidge. Of course you could play Clash the same way but the spawns are too fickle for most people to properly (or enjoyably) play this way. It does ruin the experience however when I end up on opposite sides of the map literally every spawn. And then 3 of the enemy team spawn immediately behind me.

Ultimately that's why Trials is the only Destiny PvP I truly enjoy. Of course I always have fun playing IB or regular Crucible with good people but that's more a credit to the people than the game modes. Trials is as close to a purist/minimalist version of PvP that we have. It simplifies the BS so you can make actual strategic decisions in any given scenario. I know what supers they have, what weapons, what spawn locations, how many teammates alive, etc. It's the satisfaction of both outplaying and out thinking your opponents.

TL; DR: I could take or leave every other part of PvP at this point. But I freaking love Trials. It's given me some of my very best gaming experiences.

phen0m24

Why win loot when you can win wings?

RNG wings

Been a long time, Parthenon.

The Pantheon makes a return

But... who will be my Trials buddy ;_; Of course I totally understand, you gotta do what's best. The problems are well documented by now and the cardinal rule remains the same: "stop playing when it's not fun." Having 4 Titans chaining orbs for perma-hammers that chains into controlling heavy spawns that chains into more kills for more hammers for more orbs...

That said, I think our IB games today represent the worst of Destiny PvP (excluding BS cheaters, etc). There's so much zaniness from the supers to OP weapons to movement abilities, which gives it a unique charm but can also grate when these elements dominate. Throw that on top of some of the worst spawns I've seen in this or any PvP and it's a recipe for aggravation. I laugh when I can start machine gunning a guy before his feet hit the ground but it's really a damn shame because the shoe will always end up on the other foot sometimes.

Needing to control spawns in order to control capture points gives Control a needed element of predictability, ironing out the rough edges a smidge. Of course you could play Clash the same way but the spawns are too fickle for most people to properly (or enjoyably) play this way. It does ruin the experience however when I end up on opposite sides of the map literally every spawn. And then 3 of the enemy team spawn immediately behind me.

Ultimately that's why Trials is the only Destiny PvP I truly enjoy. Of course I always have fun playing IB or regular Crucible with good people but that's more a credit to the people than the game modes. Trials is as close to a purist/minimalist version of PvP that we have. It simplifies the BS so you can make actual strategic decisions in any given scenario. I know what supers they have, what weapons, what spawn locations, how many teammates alive, etc. It's the satisfaction of both outplaying and out thinking your opponents.

TL; DR: I could take or leave every other part of PvP at this point. But I freaking love Trials. It's given me some of my very best gaming experiences.

Those last few were rough. I'm sorry I wasn't more help than Yoda quotes. :(

Why win loot when you can win wings?

Tgkhv7Q.gif

I still don't totally get how IB rewards work, it seems like once you hit ranks 3 or 4 you have a chance of winning IB-specific gear after each match with its light level being determined by your rank.

The only thing special about rank 3 and 5 is you're guaranteed something, right? It's not like there's no reason to keep playing after hitting 5?

Anyone wanna do Trials?

Seems to have been real quiet for Trials on here.

I wanna get to 5 wins, just to finish the gear collection. Already done my bounties.

rezn0r

Off the top of one of you's doods heads, if I have 2 weekly IB bounties & 6-7 regular bounties complete, and I turn them all in Saturday, will the tempered buff get that character to 5? Better to wait til Sunday or even Monday?

I have 2 characters like this and the third has a little less. I barely had any time to play this week, but I collected bounties each day & had some leftover from last month's.

Speaking of which, I got my 2nd and 3rd characters from 0 to 5 last month on the Monday, so i am probably over-thinking/worrying about this too much right? I should have some time to play again Monday anyway.

Oh and my first match today on Warlock and Titan dropped both bodies, so that helps. I won't have enough marks to buy everything.

I think 6v6 PvP in Destiny is chaos. It's fun, but stuff like what you described can really suck the wind out of anyone's sails.

3v3 on the other hand is when Destiny PvP is at it's best IMO. Trials is fun because you become so intament with the folks you play with. You come to understand their strengths and weaknesses. You also really learn a map.

Zocano

Lol.

Iron Domination bounty is crazy silly now cause it's clash. More Bungo not realizing all the side effects of a change.

GutZ31

No you see Unstable, I'm not new to the community. see, look:

It's just that someone broke the seal on my tomb so I returned. Otherwise I would've had to wait until Drizzay's Thunderlord post.

giphy.gif

iRAWR is best imouto, Milkham-chan is nisemono.
Phaethon senpai, notice me~

Do I buy the IB machine gun? I'm currently using the raid machine gun with small bore and life leech.

Top of page edit:

IipHePk.jpg

Welcome to 1997, y'all!

Fallout refuses to release its grip on me. I can't play anything else without going back within an hour.

Maybe the next major patch will pull me away.

Thanks for the HM KF run guys! Went awesome, hard luck not getting Oryx down!

I got a sweet haul too:

- machine gun (317)
- Warlock Bond (314)
- chest (318)

Plus I got 305 boots from a normal run earlier! Productive night :D

Edit: There any IB trains looking for passengers?

Top Bottom