• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Frenden

Banned
Well look what we have here....

Hawkian and I may play in a while. Hmmm

Puma not responding.

In batman-show voice:

Does Frenden have the beta?
Does Frenden like shooting things?
Does Frenden want to show Xplicit what's up?

:p

I DO have the beta AND like shooting things. I may be able to get on later. I want to Rift with Ape (I think he has a character to finish in IB) and play some Division after.

mKsnSat.png

-_-

Oof. Ehhhh. Mehhhhhhhhhh.

So hard to get excited about this game nowadays. Unless Crimson counts for the Doubles grimoire I may not play it at all. Thanks for posting it anyway.

Mindlog

Wow. I know there's a lot of Division talk around these parts, but the in-game social stuff is anti-destiny. I mean I kludged around a bit before I joined the right party then disconnected, but then someone else joined me to run around the city. Pretty great stuff.

Crimson Doubles looks neat. The streams should be fun to watch.

Deku Tree

I got 320 gloves from the IB rank 5 package... for both my Hunter and my Warlock. Was I just really lucky? Or are 320 gloves guaranteed from the rank 5 go to orbit reward?

BTW, any IB trains going right now? Need to grind on my Titan...

milkham

I got 320 gloves from the IB rank 5 package... for both my Hunter and my Warlock. Was I just really lucky? Or are 320 gloves guaranteed from the rank 5 go to orbit reward?

BTW, any IB trains going right now? Need to grind on my Titan...

i didn't know that was possible

Wow. I know there's a lot of Division talk around these parts, but the in-game social stuff is anti-destiny. I mean I kludged around a bit before I joined the right party then disconnected, but then someone else joined me to run around the city. Pretty great stuff.

Crimson Doubles looks neat. The streams should be fun to watch.

One thing I'll give Bungie is that since day one their social tools (aside from in game lfg) have been pretty great. Playing games like Black Ops 3 or Battlefront where the friends stuff isn't great really makes me appreciate how easy it is to hop into a friend's fireteam in Destiny.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am personally glad that level advantages are not enabled for Crimson Doubles and will actually be looking to play it if someone is interested in partnering up.

Colonel I'm going to give my dog a walk and then look for you on PSN.

How does one even he Thorn now? Does it randomly drop from engrams?

Nope!

Only cool people have the Thorn. Which means, seeing as how all the people that USED to play back in Year 1 probably stopped playing at this time, it means that only I will have a Thorn in Crimson Doubles.

It makes perfect sense. JOIN ME, I SHALL THORN OUR WAY TO VICTORY.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Actually Colonel, I can't play right now because my dad called and I have to go help him sort out some networking issues :D

Friday night tech support yaaaaayyyyy :D :D

I might be on later if you are still

Why would anyone expect Crimson Doubles to have level advantages?

Events are the only thing this game has going for it nowadays, they're not going to make an event that people can't have fun in unless they run hard mode challenges 3x a week.

Frenden

Banned
Why would anyone expect Crimson Doubles to have level advantages?

Events are the only thing this game has going for it nowadays, they're not going to make an event that people can't have fun in unless they run hard mode challenges 3x a week.
I don't mind the lack of level advantages intellectualy. I get it. But getting Thorn'd, Her Benevolence'd, and BTRD'd over and over again doesn't sound fun independent of that reasoning.

vctor182

For new page

And with yet another new thread approaching, i'll try to remember and find it later tonight to repost, but if someone wants to be a gentleman or goodlady and quote it for me on the first few pages of that thread when it arrives that would be truly swell

I've signed up, it will be tomorrow 12 PM PST right? I've already done it so if all spots are taken and a newbie wants to join I can let him/her take it

maomaoIYP

LOL that BWU.

Crimson connection: Once consumed, the game turns on a built in lag-switch and your connection bar turns red, making you basically invincible.

Bungie why can I join Rumble games in progress?

WHY WHEN I LEAVE THE GAME THAT I JOINED IN PROGRESS I GET PUT BACK IN THE SAME GAME???!! Are you even listening to your community? How can I expect you to tell the right person if you all can't even have a coffee chat.

Alright so no idea if this is confirmation bias BUT last iron banner I noticed that when I hit rank 5 I got 3 pieces of gear that corresponded to my lowest piece of gear on my character.

When I just hit rank 5 I made sure my primary was my lowest level item and got a 318 primary from my rank 5 package.

Anyone else seen this or is the bud light getting to me?

So our DivisionGAF group ended up being iRawr, me and Ruthless (RIP on GAF) & GalaVita tagged along. iRawr then left to play with IRL buddies. Next thing you know, an hour or so later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLzMHi6Pelw

Gala's nonstop giggles had me Lol'ing. Had fun playing with a couple groups today. Rolling through the dark zone with a team is sooooo much fun.

On topic: idk about this Doubles deal. Hope we get info on something more substantial next week.

Namikaze1

So that was quite something alright. A fellow DGaffer invited for some division time. We went to the DZ but because I was level 8 and he 5, we were placed in different DZs. So I was on my lonesome. Decided to just look about a bit. Glad I did too. After killing an NPC, I saw two guys just running towards me from down the street. I got scared for a moment, thinking I was about to get jacked. Nope, they simply ran past me. Next thing I know, I recieved a notification saying someone named Commander__ (can't remember the rest) killed another player. I'm like "Oh fuck. Hope they're not nearby."

I jinxed myself. I ended being shot at by who I presume was him. After dodging around for a bit and getting behind cover, I watch as he simply runs past my spot and goes after the two that ran past me earlier. I could hear gunfire from my spot. I ran the hell out of there. His name pops up again a minute later stating he killed another player. Don't know what happened next since I then lost connection to the servers.

My first time in the DZ ended up being a terrifying yet hilarious experience.

Top Bottom