• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawksaw or Red Death? What's better for PvP?

As above, depends on the roll. But more than that, depends on how you play. And even more than that, you won't know which is better until you have both. And 'better' is probably going to be influenced by a lot of anecdotal evidence you take on while you play.

So either do it the hard way and grind till you get both (wasting a lot of time in PvE, where you're not practising), or the easier way; pick one (acknowledging they're both great) and get good with it!

Not to sound sanctimonious, because I am in exactly the same quandry. I'm just very aware that come December, that question might be moot.

None of my RL friends play Destiny anymore so I am just going to post my random thoughts here, might start a discussion might not. Sorry if this becomes long, just wanted to put it out there as I like to talk/write about games. Warning, I suck at writing.

Iron Banner - I was pretty vocal last time about how horrible the loot system was. Happy to say this Iron Banner greatly improved and was what I expected the first Year 2 IB to be. I got my two characters to rank 5 again around the same time as the last IB. Last IB I got a total of ZERO drops, nor did I end up with enough marks to buy everything.

This time I got the HC(295), Titan Chest(305), Titan Butt Towell(318), Hunter Helm(304), Ghost(310) and the Ship. Whilst only one item is usable without Infusion this definitely felt like I was rewarded for my time. Given that my Titan has a full set and my Hunter is only missing the helm I hope the weapons are good next time or there won't be a lot to chase but I will be there regardless.

Trials - I am pretty average at PvP so I have not touched trials. I love the idea of the new bounty system but have been really busy with work so not had the time to get involved. Hopefully next weekend I can get my first real Trials experience. Year 1 my best card was 0-3, maybe I will get 1-3 this time!

Raid - Again I have been pretty vocal in previous threads about how much I hate the raid drop system, I haven't raided in 2 weeks now, which is concerning since I was raiding twice a week(only have two characters right now) every week since the day NM KF came out. I have got absolute shit from HM except for the 317 Gauntlets on my Hunter. The number of HM 310 drops I have got is insane and this should not be a thing at all IMO. If they really want double RNG on these drops they should make NM drop 305-310 and HM drop 315-320. At least drops will start off being consistently upgrades then slow down a bit as you get to 305+ LL or 315+LL depending on which mode you are doing. HM feels very unrewarding to me right now.

Economy Nerfs - I restarted on PS4 for TTK(previously X1) so this is my fault I know but weapon parts were really scarce for me. I was never above 100 even with being conservative. When they announced the nerf I was confused and annoyed. What's the point of giving us all these new guns if it takes weeks of grinding to test them out?

Thankfully this pain was short lived as now we can purchase weapon parts with glimmer. I am pretty happy with the cost, 500 parts for max glimmer is reasonable to me. I dumped 15k glimmer into parts straight away and finished upgrading a bunch of weapons I had just sitting there waiting, was a fun weekend trying out different weapons in IB etc. This is also has me excited for Gun Smith orders again. I stopped caring about these as I knew I couldn't upgrade the weapons anyway. If this was their plan all along then fine, but they should have released the glimmer change at the same time. If this was a reaction, I hope they learnt their lesson.

Even starting fresh motes have not been an issue for me even post-nerf. I haven't dumped into REP though, only upgrading weapons. Constantly sitting between 400-500 right now.

Weapon Balance - Like many have said, separate PvE and PvP. I won't say too much more here other then I hate Shotguns and I am excited that Fusion Rifles might be competitive again with the new update. Will have to wait and see. As long as sniper rifles are only a 1 shot kill to the head I don't really have anything to say there.

I could probably go on for ages, it sucks not having any one to talk about one of my favorite games with(other then this thread).

TLDR: Latest IB was a good improvement. HM raid drops suck and the RNG is painful. Purchasable weapon parts is very welcome, somewhat saved the game for me. Excited for the weapon balance patch, but seperate PvE and PvP already Bungie.

Feels good to have full Trials armor set once again.

Thanks for the run Rub and Wicked.

I will never get the adept Inward Lamp </3

so I've taken a long break from destiny and probably will continue until probably jan. 2016

can someone give me a recap of what I missed? I'm seeing more year one weapons/armor getting added?

stay gold

Yo why have I not heard about the FWC pulse rifle 'The Villainy' before now? Got it in a vendor package and took it to the crucible unupgraded, and it's a total laser. Seems to drop people quicker than the Suros pulses too.

so I've taken a long break from destiny and probably will continue until probably jan. 2016

can someone give me a recap of what I missed? I'm seeing more year one weapons/armor getting added?

They're adding more year one exotics. Multiplayer is being rebalanced again. And there's a raid challenge mode coming out. Whatever the hell that is.
That's it.

todd360

Played it recently after missing out initially when it came out on PS3.

Heard soooo much good stuff about this game.

Left super disappointed. Did nothing for me.

Is probably one of those "you had to be there" games. Maybe just hasn´t aged well.

You have to go in with a certain mindset. Its more of an experience than a game. You are supposed to sit back and enjoy the ride. I'm surprised zoba is playing it since short games aren't worth his money and this game is ultra short.

It's weird to think that Xbox won't have the Jade Rabbit meta.

Shhhhhhhh hide it from Fig :p she really loves Timepiece and wants to farm for a Grasp of Malok but just won't admit it. ;)

The day I decide to farm for a Grasp, please encourage me to seek mental help.

You have to go in with a certain mindset. Its more of an experience than a game. You are supposed to sit back and enjoy the ride. I'm surprised zoba is playing it since short games aren't worth his money and this game is ultra short.

Journey is one of the reasons I still play Destiny on PS4.

Just beat it. Think i'm going to play it again.

phen0m24

It's weird to think that Xbox won't have the Jade Rabbit meta.

The day I decide to farm for a Grasp, please encourage me to seek mental help.

So.....

You can just come with me to the...

Asylum?

Did you ever do your nightfalls? I still haven't and could run one if you want because maybe there's a
pulse rifle reward.

Also trying to decide if I should get 4k tv/monitor or just wait until next year

maomaoIYP

I don't know if I'm imagining things, but drop rates in IB seem to drop dramatically once I had maxed all characters. I played IB for half a day and only had one IB drop. All I want is a well rolled chest piece for my hunter.

For trials last night I got a 311 graviton from the silver and a 305 rainbow blade from the gold. *sigh*

Edit: Also I ran into 3 camping stormcallers in ToO. All three had supers by round 2 even though they didn't have many kills, because of that fucking perk.

So.....

You can just come with me to the...

Asylum?

Did you ever do your nightfalls? I still haven't and could run one if you want because maybe there's a
pulse rifle reward.

Also trying to decide if I should get 4k tv/monitor or just wait until next year

&#128530;

No, I haven't done any. I will hop on in a minute.

Yeah but you could also have 7 chest pieces. I know a guy that got that many.

I got that many.

I'll take 7 chests over 0 nothings.

Try 20 games and no IB gear drops. I got absolutely nothing today.

I feel like once you get to rank 5 drops get nerfed. Which is stupid.

I doubt that's a thing, just rng :(

Are you guys full? I need a squad

Tried jumping in a gaf IB train earlier but the lag was too bad for me, couldn't kill anyone. So I'm just running solo..

I got 2500 and we lost. Feels bad.

Tough luck..I needed one kill to get the bounty and this laggy dude just walked through 2 trip mines and took no damage :/

neoism

lol new thread.... kappa is 2 ib weekiles and 6 regular enough to get to rank 5 im half way through 3??

Afrocious

Killed Cleric Beast with a few vials and a whip. Might make a new file for the dlc.

Also for Destiny, leveling a new subclass is awful

Killed Cleric Beast with a few vials and a whip. Might make a new file for the dlc.

Also for Destiny, leveling a new subclass is awful

Yes, yes it is. My defender, fireborn and stormtrancer one stil are at like 50% of that interminable grind because im too lazy and hunter ftw.

Namikaze1

Afro, be stronger than me. Don't look into that Bloodborne The Old Hunters spoiler thread.

Don't do it.

I am weak. I am so weak.

I won't be able to play the DLC till late December. ;___;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom