• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Spizz

Banned
Just got a 310 MIDA out of an exotic engram.

bieberspeech.gif

Hey my first top page edit: OT38 RNG has already blessed me.

New thread!!

Anyone running nightfall tonight? (4-5 hours from now)? Would be my first one since TK came out :O

Also, any newbie KF raids happening? I need some of that sweet sweet raid loot

Edit: nvm read the OP. Hawkian are there spots left for Saturday? ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

EL CUCO

Game of Thorns. Everybody is out there racing and I'm just here finally enjoying Crucible again.

Can't wait for IB so getting a Train together is a bit easier :)
Thorn was the biggest noob gun out there. Welcome back to noobville

I took out the bit about Star Wars spoilers. That goes without saying, but I strongly discourage even Star Wars discussion at this point. There is an entire OT forum dedicated to Star Wars, currently. :p

Yeah, sounds good. I didn't want to disappoint Deku but I'll leave any title spoiler disclaimers up to you in the future.

Ogre1 is dad
Ogre2 is dad
Ogre3 is dad
Ogre4 is dad

Who do I sound like?

...Unstable?

SheHateMe

Smells like a new thread. Excellent.

I have a strong feeling I'm going to buy this Hard Light for exotic completion only to have it drop this weekend at 310.

Are the crucible bounty's from Lord Shaxx worth doing?

I've done them 6 times and i've gotten 5 competitive shells and 1 split shifter pro. So unless you are going to do it naturally, no its not worth going out of your way to do it. I still doubt that thing can actually drop an exotic.

New thread, closing in on |OTXL|

Yo, do you want me to buy all Xur exotics for the collection? I've got a bunch of 3oCs so just playing the game normally I'll eventually get some exotic engram drops. And whenever he brings exotic armor engrams again I'll get those since they'll always decrypt to 310 now. All the Xur stuff is 280 :-/

loki 16

I've done them 6 times and i've gotten 5 competitive shells and 1 split shifter pro. So unless you are going to do it naturally, no its not worth going out of your way to do it. I still doubt that thing can actually drop an exotic.

Yep, Just got a 302 shell. Well I leaast I got A 310 MIDA from a 3oc.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Is he saying once you get a certain light level, you stay at that power even after you switch weapons? Is your actual power the number shown in parentheses? If so, welcome back thorn matador, enjoy your stay.

I'm still not following. Is the point that your power doesn't change when switching gear, or that displaying the highest light achieved is purely cosmetic? If it's the second, then light becomes absolutely meaningless since the light of your equipped gear doesn't have any effect. Year 2 ghorn would be back.

What I'm saying the (###) will be your visual marker for the game not overall level so you can't equip shitty blues and year 1 weapons and 227 (319) as your setup and go faceroll the HM/CM

I'm saying it would let people know from their own value and to others/game what your true value is

If I'm doing iron banner and drop to 308 (315) for say weapon or armor purposes...
I shouldn't be penalized for drops that don't see my true value

So 1 minute before round is over I have to open up my menu and slot in top gear, God forbid a 320 weapon is on another toon
The game has become very spreadsheet oriented

I watched streams where guys are dual boxing with either ps4/pc or ps4/laptop or tablet and micromanaging the shit out of their vault after almost every instance

Swapping this, removing that, putting this there, oh shit I have three saint 14's which is the highest level 1?
So much fucking clutter

Either loadouts that are fluid and work within an app or do the highest you've ever gotten too in LL wise and fret you are 308 (315) and your rolls should be 315+ and not get 300-310...

Not too worried about it, but I noticed my Secret Handshake shotgun with Final Round got perk replaced with Last Resort. Only used it for VoG, so it appears to be in my favor, but when did Final Round shotguns get hit with perk replacements?

EDIT: Did more vault searching and it seems Swordbreaker and a random Conspiracy-Theory D shotgun both have Final Round. Can anyone link me to a source stating this change? Really want to know how a Y1 shotgun has a Y2 perk.

So much fucking clutter...

Yep, this is definitely a thing. One of the best parts about leveling your characters was the relief of a spacious vault. My storage has been such a disaster ever since I reached the end game, if not earlier.

Speaking of which, what are the Year 1 weapons you definitely want to keep? Cause otherwise they're going down.

GraveRobberX

Yo, do you want me to buy all Xur exotics for the collection? I've got a bunch of 3oCs so just playing the game normally I'll eventually get some exotic engram drops. And whenever he brings exotic armor engrams again I'll get those since they'll always decrypt to 310 now. All the Xur stuff is 280 :-/

Do what you think is right man, I trust your judgement
No need to buy everything, you never know if we have to 2.0 these things to 3.0 in the near future

I see my characters progressing ridiculously
I mean Damn!

I manage some from Destiny app and move some clutter around so you have space, if you get Warlock to 40 you'll have a nice chunk for all 3
Impressive breakthrough on all fronts

Do what you want and I'll be back soon enough and carry all the grindy stuff you miss
You already know I'm bred for that kind of stuff

Hoping nice LL bump and content by the time I reach so everyone is plateau'ed again

What I'm saying the (###) will be your visual marker for the game not overall level so you can equip shitty blues and year 1 weapons and 227 (319) as your setup and go faceroll the HM/CM

I'm saying it would let people know from their own value and to others/gane what your true value is

If I'm doing iron banner and drop to 308 (315) for say weapon or armor purposes...
I shouldn't be penalized for drops that don't see my true value

So 1 minute before round is over I have to open up my menu and slot in top gear, God forbid a 320 weapon is on another toon
The game has become very spreadsheet oriented

I watched streams where guys are dual boxing with either ps4/pc or ps4/laptop or tablet and micromanaging the shit out of their vault after almost every instance

Swapping this, removing that, putting this there, oh shit I have three saint 14's which is the highest level 1?
So much fucking clutter

Either loadouts that are fluid and work within an app or do the highest you've ever gotten too in LL wise and fret you are 308 (315) and your rolls should be 315+ and not get 300-310...
Ok just so I'm clear, you're saying you want the game to remember your highest light level as far as drops are concerned? Like playing crucible at ~240 light but still getting the relevant 290+ drops at the end (since you are already 310+ or something)? Because if so, I definitely agree with that.

I just misunderstood and thought you meant your highest light level sets your power permanently at the level no matter what gear you equip after, which would be bad.

Just wait for it...
What am I waiting for?

I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't gotten twilight garrison or that other stupid Hunter chest with the red bumps all over it.
My friend who stopped playing about a month ago already got one this week when he started playing again. Jerk.

The rng is finally getting to me.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't gotten twilight garrison or that other stupid Hunter chest with the red bumps all over it.
My friend who stopped playing about a month ago already got one this week when he started playing again. Jerk.

The rng is finally getting to me.
You're not, it's just that less and less people actually give a fuck now.

Trakan

Not too worried about it, but I noticed my Secret Handshake shotgun with Final Round got perk replaced with Last Resort. Only used it for VoG, so it appears to be in my favor, but when did Final Round shotguns get hit with perk replacements?

EDIT: Did more vault searching and it seems Swordbreaker and a random Conspiracy-Theory D shotgun both have Final Round. Can anyone link me to a source stating this change? Really want to know how a Y1 shotgun has a Y2 perk.

That was probably the vendor Shot Package Secret Handshake.

GraveRobberX

Speaking of which, what are the Year 1 weapons you definitely want to keep? Cause otherwise they're going down.

Destroy everything you think it's not worth it, get them 2 exotic shards per exotic
Destroy all the old exotic and VoG and CE armor to make space

Ok just so I'm clear, you're saying you want the game to remember your highest light level as far as drops are concerned? Like playing crucible at ~240 light but still getting the relevant 290+ drops at the end (since you are already 310+ or something)? Because if so, I definitely agree with that.

I just misunderstood and thought you meant your highest light level sets your power permanently at the level no matter what gear you equip after, which would be bad.

Correct
Just so if you go to cryptarch he will decrypt at your highest value
Stay 280 (317); yet loot will be 310-320; not regressed to 280 LL stuff

I've seen people literally waste 5 minutes to get their LL to what it was before, decrypt 5 or so engrams or less, then swap back to 280 for reasons...
I mean come the Fuck on, do that a few times that shit adds up

I understand TTK% time to kill ratio but TTW time to waste
Hell half the YouTube videos on TTK and let's play content are 10-15 minute filler of them optimizing just to get engrams decrypted
That struggle is really unwarranted

stay gold

Ah, so if I get a Year 2 Exotic and dismantle it, I only have to use Legendary Marks to buy it again? If so, that's awesome. I was under the impression that it always cost an Exotic Shard.

If you have a year 1 blueprint it only costs marks, if you only own the year 2 blueprint it's shard + glimmer.

Ah, so if I get a Year 2 Exotic and dismantle it, I only have to use Legendary Marks to buy it again? If so, that's awesome. I was under the impression that it always cost an Exotic Shard.

Other way around, Marks if you have never had it in year 2. 1 shard and some glimglam if you have already.

GraveRobberX

I heard on a LP there's a cap to Legendary Marks?

Why?; if it's account based and spread between 3 chars
What's max?

GraveRobberX

Max is 200. It sucks.

Seriously...

That's so stupid, at least 500-600...
I mean come the Fuck on...

200/200 times 3 chars when it was Vanguard and Crucible
That is insane

No wonder this game gets caught in the grinder state, there's no outlet to amass an easier experience
Everything is capped, locked out, walled up, weekly refresh, event swap, etc.
Nothing gives you the satisfaction of thank Fuck that won't be a chore anymore...

Top Bottom