• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I am tempted to pick up the Taken King as its on sale at the moment. I had vanilla Destiny got to level 16/8 and stopped playing.

If there a competitive multiplayer mode thats a little more causal than what I see on streams?

Yeah theres normal pvp mode. I am assuming what you are watching is Trials of Osiris which is more competitive and sweaty.

almost typed trails there for a min :p

WeTeHa

Same position as you lol, GMT+1 here and I've done the raid up to golgoroth (we entered the room and then had to disband). So if anyone wants to take me along that would be cool.

Since a lot of people seem to want to do the older content again, I haven't done Skolas yet so if two other people also want to do it, hit me up.

I don't mind doing VoG and CE again for fun (though I'm pretty cloudy) if someone needs to get their checklists ticked/NTTE.

Namikaze and I plan on doing Skolas later today, if Nami doesn't already have someone else in mind you are welcome to join. Will message you on psn when we do it and have a slot.

Namikaze1

Same position as you lol, GMT+1 here and I've done the raid up to golgoroth (we entered the room and then had to disband). So if anyone wants to take me along that would be cool.

Since a lot of people seem to want to do the older content again, I haven't done Skolas yet so if two other people also want to do it, hit me up.

I don't mind doing VoG and CE again for fun (though I'm pretty cloudy) if someone needs to get their checklists ticked/NTTE.

Namikaze and I plan on doing Skolas later today, if Nami doesn't already have someone else in mind you are welcome to join. Will message you on psn when we do it and have a slot.
If you guys want to run Skolas earlier, just send me a PSN message. I'll be on soon, either playing Destiny, a game from my backlog, or watching YouTube.

Namikaze1

Lol! Started at 7:56 AM EST and killed Skolas at 8:20 AM EST.

Took 24 minutes to beat Skolas's Revenge.

Being high level makes it so easy. And I think I fell in love with Zhalo after that Arc Burn Cabal + Servitor Fight with Small Arms rounds.

Edit: ape, I'm ready to go whenever. Gonna go grab some coffee first.

Tri4

Thanks for the run guys. Sorry if we were mic-ing, I tried to get mine to work but for some reason it didn't. Though it didn't look like it mattered since Skolas went down pretty quick.

I did the archives mission and didn't get ionized shell harmonics.

Odd. Just did it today for my Titan, and go it straight away.
Go on your inventory, check the module. If the tick box is gone, for that particular one, you should have the mission. I'm only missing Mars warsat and dismantling heavy

Namikaze1

Do the Mark of the Kellslayer and the King's Fall normal mark share the same icon? Both icons are identical except for the lack of TTK symbol at the corner on my screen.

Edit: ape, I'll be switching over to my Warlock for this run.

Edit2: my freaking Titan is getting hit with glitches left and right. First the postmaster and now the class item icon.

Just started a card with feetie and kadey. Will be on to do some more trials after this card.

Cool cool. I think we might try and start a card now if we can find a third. Only because I have a limited amount of time this morning.

Anyone up for Trials with me and Nami?

Namikaze1

Here's what the icon really looks like:
latest

And here's what it looks like on my screen:
http://youtu.be/F1RO7oE8JD0

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
:)

I was wondering it ii even existed.

ZlAkaNR.png

Got it from final boss too. Easiest mercury ever. Good games Biggy and Mem.

WeTeHa

I have a bug on my warlock where the "down arrow" (to ships/shaders/...) constantly shimmers, like I got something new. But I don't have anything new. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Namikaze1

I have a bug on my warlock where the "down arrow" (to ships/shaders/...) constantly shimmers, like I got something new. But I don't have anything new. Is there a way to get rid of this?
Nope. For some of us like myself, it's been like that since getting this Dark Below emblem from Eris back in December 2014.

lynux3

I've had this issue for months across both my Titan and Warlock.

v1perz53

Man, this game gets really tedious once you hit ~305 light as an almost exclusively solo player. My warlock is at 309 now, and I just really want to get to 311 so that I can guarantee exotics at 310 to at least have some way to get my light up, but without any special events like SRL or IB the options are quite limited. I do wish there was a reasonable way to at least get 300 light stuff solo, instead of decrypting 100+ engrams and praying one pops at 300 with like 70+ at 265-275.

Guess I could try to solo the nigtfall or something, but from what I've seen not a great likelihood of those being good rewards either.

Main problem is I can only play in 15-20 min chunks, so I can never really raid or even do ToO. But I guess if I can't play the game Bungie made I can't get the rewards.

D_psipher

Man, this game gets really tedious once you hit ~305 light as an almost exclusively solo player. My warlock is at 309 now, and I just really want to get to 311 so that I can guarantee exotics at 310 to at least have some way to get my light up, but without any special events like SRL or IB the options are quite limited. I do wish there was a reasonable way to at least get 300 light stuff solo, instead of decrypting 100+ engrams and praying one pops at 300 with like 70+ at 265-275.

Guess I could try to solo the nigtfall or something, but from what I've seen not a great likelihood of those being good rewards either.

Main problem is I can only play in 15-20 min chunks, so I can never really raid or even do ToO. But I guess if I can't play the game Bungie made I can't get the rewards.

Try the raid challenge modes on normal. A gaf group could get you through one of them in that amount amount of time. You could also try one of the boss check points. It is not ideal but it could work with you time constraints. You are still at the mercy of rng though if not doing challenge mode.

Thanks for the trials run, Ape and Drizz.

I honestly hope they don't get rid of the floating bodies glitch. It's hilarious.

Yeah, GG for sure gentlemen. We were cruising big time until that little stumble before the final boss, but then the true final boss turned out to be super scrubs.

Got 315 Ruin Wings from the Silver package. Remember when people were all jazzed about Ruin Wings? Oh yeah, that was when GHorn existed and people really wanted lots of heavy ammo...

Did you strike fear into your opponent's hearts with the triple scarab emblem?

Apparently Trials has a new form of SBMM: Scarab Based Match Making.

We kept getting matched against other scarab teams, like 3 times the enemies all had it and another few times there were one or two scarabs. Drop rate has gone up and/or nobody plays this game anymore except wacko obsessives like us.

todd360

We kept getting matched against other scarab teams, like 3 times the enemies all had it and another few times there were one or two scarabs. Drop rate has gone up and/or nobody plays this game anymore except wacko obsessives like us.

Or perhaps it's an exclusive club! Scarab buffs your threat level in skill based matchmaking. Lololol

Namikaze1

Did you strike fear into your opponent's hearts with the triple scarab emblem?

Pretty much what Drizzay said.

Though I will keep on believing that the group we were supposed to face in our first match left because of the emblems and not because of some network error or anything of the sorts.

Big thanks to Knight, Zombie, Rollo, Robdraggoo, and Hawkian for the help with Challenge Mode tonight!!

Justin got 3 320 handcannons and got his Malice to 320. Said he was psyched with his drops.

Got that done now. Still have one character but whatever - can do it tomorrow or not. Have 2 3 ships and 2 3 emblems lol a la kiosk.
ftfy XD

Kei-

I have posted in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, but I figured this would be a good place to post this as well since someone might be looking to upgrade or might know someone who wants to jump in:

I am selling Destiny: The Taken King: Digital Collectors edition (PS4) (I believe code is for NA only) - Asking $50 Paypal/Amazon/Best Buy gift cards.

This is the $80 one on PSN with everything. If not allowed, I'll delete it.

Top Bottom