• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

ramyeon

Is it worth getting into Destiny now? I played the demo and I really like the mechanics - it plays very well. I guess what I'm most worried about is the level and not being able to find anyone to play with. Is the main story content doable solo? Will I be able to pick up decent gear from vendors? (I noticed most is level 40 even in the demo). Am I better off just waiting for Destiny 2 to hop on board?

Have they said anything about this age of triumph stuff carrying over into Destiny 2? I was checking the book out, and there's a couple I can't get.

Mindlog

Is it worth getting into Destiny now? I played the demo and I really like the mechanics - it plays very well. I guess what I'm most worried about is the level and not being able to find anyone to play with. Is the main story content doable solo? Will I be able to pick up decent gear from vendors? (I noticed most is level 40 even in the demo). Am I better off just waiting for Destiny 2 to hop on board?
Main story is very easy to solo. Probably worth doing just to get a feel for the universe and a brief summary of the events leading up to Destiny 2 if that has you excited.
Gearing up is the easiest it has ever been. Still going to take a while, but progress is steady.
Getting GAF groups can be a bit tricky. Definitely join up on Discord. There's a chance pre-release excitement brings more players back. However, lots of people like 100.io and I have found some fantastic top-tier players on LFG.net.
Have they said anything about this age of triumph stuff carrying over into Destiny 2? I was checking the book out, and there's a couple I can't get.
As of now the only thing we know carries over is our appearance.
One of the few things a lot of people want to change��

ramyeon

Main story is very easy to solo. Probably worth doing just to get a feel for the universe and a brief summary of the events leading up to Destiny 2 if that has you excited.
Gearing up is the easiest it has ever been. Still going to take a while, but progress is steady.
Getting GAF groups can be a bit tricky. Definitely join up on Discord. There's a chance pre-release excitement brings more players back. However, lots of people like 100.io and I have found some fantastic top-tier players on LFG.net.
Nice! This actually sounds like it might be worth trying then. The collection is relatively cheap to get ahold of so I might dive in and see how I go.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Question about Destiny: The Collection, does the disc that it comes with have all the DLC on the disc or is it codes? I just want to play the campaigns so if I buy it used, will I be able to play them or will it be useless since they used up all the codes?

Question about Destiny: The Collection, does the disc that it comes with have all the DLC on the disc or is it codes? I just want to play the campaigns so if I buy it used, will I be able to play them or will it be useless since they used up all the codes?

Only the base game will be on the disc, everything else you will have to download.

Arrrammis

My apologies for the newbie question: What is the "train" that I see mentioned throughout this thread?

The "train" in this thread is generally referring to grouping up with a full team to play PvP and roll on through. The term is pretty accurate because a full team of Gaffers tends to steamroll most randoms that we come up against (at least until the red bars show up).

Woot! All three classes maxed with completed triumph pages.

iDsBA8X_d.jpg

Ambitious

How active is this thread nowadays? I haven't played in months. Are people still doing the raid challenges for the new triumph book?

Rhaegar

I've literally never done a raid and it sucks I'm probably gonna miss out. I'm on Xbox, but it seems most people here are on PS4.

My group on Xbone has started going through the raids again and often have a spot we are scrambling to fill that you would be welcome to fill. We usually play around 10 eastern on weekends. Friend me on XBL (My tag is Ev0lved1) and I'll let you know when we have an opening!

That moment when you get to Rank 7 in the Age of Triumph book while barely touching Crucible/Trials pages: Priceless.

Got my shirt ordered. Now I can focus on getting a set of raid gear for each raid.

Dave_6

I can't stop watching that opening cinematic with Zavala that shows him fighting the Battle of the Six Fronts with Shaxx and Saladin. It is soooooo good. Keeping my fingers crossed that it has one for each of the Vanguards before their individual story missions.

shermas

I've literally never done a raid and it sucks I'm probably gonna miss out. I'm on Xbox, but it seems most people here are on PS4.

Super easy to find groups on lfg or the destiny app. I'm on xbone, don't have a raid team or anything, and I've probably done 100 or so raids. Feel free to add me (shermas) to your list. Reddit fireteams is also pretty good when you're searching for a group.

If you put a post something like "never done Vault of Glass, looking for a good team for my first raid," I'm sure you'll get invited to a solid group.

WizzNARD

Add me on Xbox! GT same as gaf name.

Also sign up on the100.io. You can look for me there as well. I already signed up for something tonight, but the rest of the week is free if you want to do some raiding!

pantsmith

I can't stop watching that opening cinematic with Zavala that shows him fighting the Battle of the Six Fronts with Shaxx and Saladin. It is soooooo good. Keeping my fingers crossed that it has one for each of the Vanguards before their individual story missions.

My guess is that its the cinematic intro at the beginning of the game, like the one that shows first contact with the Traveler at the beginning of Destiny.

Thematically it also loops into the first mission, and establishes an emotional investment into protecting the Last City. Guardians built the City and its walls by hand, and fought off multiple invasions keeping it safe – that's why its so key watching Zavala get there, build it, defend it, and then gaze out over it with that responsibility on his shoulders. We know what the stakes are.

Also, the nod to the little girl watching a ship in awe and then getting saved by her as an adult in a ship during the first mission is a neat thread connecting the whole narrative.

I think they'll make similar cinematics in the future given how well this one was received, but I don't know that we need to see the same story (Ikora or Cayde wandering to the Last City) in the same way. There are a lot more stories to tell :)

zethren

Banned
Agreed, I am beyond stoked that they are focused on bringing the story to the forefront in game. Destiny has a really cool Lore, and I want to have that showcased to me as I'm playing it in a more fluid way. Bungie is more than capable so I have faith!

neoism

got back into destiny for the first time yesterday and after sucking ass for like 10 games i was having fun then the servers......

coming home from work wanting to play.... and maintenance.....

how much longer guys? 😑😞

neoism

yea i still have not done crota or the newest raid... ����

and the guns look awesome for the new one.......��

neoism

Woot! All three classes maxed with completed triumph pages.

grats man ill never be able to do it because my hatred towards warlocks.... that float jump triggers me to death

cant wait for hunters to still be the weakest class in the game in destiny 2....😑

huntersfolyfe

neoism

that feel when you dont have your 378 gold truth? ☠️

im like its in storage.....

it wasnt 😑

WizzNARD

Just thought I'd share a WotM story from the other day.

Joined up with some people from the100. Vosik challenge went surprising well, but one of the people in the group was having some.. issues. Not with raid, or the challenge, but some personal issues.

He kept having awkward conversions with his GF/fiance, about their upcoming wedding and what seemed to be issues with his mom and his GF. No biggie, I just got married last year myself, so I can understand the stress and worry that comes with it. The thing was is that it just kept going. Like it wasn't just when we had some down time between encounters, or someone had to use the bathroom or something, but the entire time we are fighting.

Again, I get it, life is always happening, can't just take a break to play games you know? But he NEVER muted, not once. I tend to mute whenever I'm not actually talking to the party, especially if I'm talking about some awkward ass shit in front of a bunch of strangers I never met before.

So it was odd. We get to the Zamboni, 2 people wipe before we hop on the ship, but we give it a go anyway. Somehow beat it first try, in what was the sloppiest run of it I've ever done, but somehow managed to do it.

Get to phase one of Aksis, again first try, blast through it no problem. That's when it started to get weird.

We take a short break to get drinks and what not. When the guy I mentioned earlier comes back he says:

"Guys, I need some advice. I don't have any friends really except my GF and have no one to ask. How do you tell your mother that you don't want her in your life anymore?"

Whoa. You could hear a pin drop. And I felt the guy. How could you not? He went on to explain how his mom apparently hates his GF, is just horrible to her and him and he just can't take it anymore. We tried to give him advice, tell her how you feel, set boundaries, etc.

So we start P2 after that and it quickly turns into a nightmare. The guy mentioned above hasn't done challenge. No biggie, everyone else has, so we can give this a go, how bad can it be?

Very, very, bad. We explain what to in detail as best we could. Gave it a go to show what the mechanics were in action. He's empowered, his plate is up. We tell him to slam the vent. Nothing. We say wipe. He says "why? we never slammed him" Go on to explain it again, this time get to third slam, he has Aksis on his side, and instantly slams without waiting for supercharge. Again we wipe, he questions why, we explain again. He says he gets it now.

He does not get it.

Basically what would happen is this: we would explain, in painstaking detail what to do. He would say, "OK, got it" and then he wouldn't get.

Which is fine. Aksis challenge can be tough, even with good teams. What was annoying was his insistence that he understood when he clearly didn't. And from what he said before, I'm sure dude had a lot on is mind.

Finally I suggested we just do it normal, it was getting late for me and it was clear he was not going to get it. He insisted that he could do it, if we would just explain it to him. At this point someone else in the group had had enough, :Fuck this, I'm done. You aren't listening and this is just a joke. Talking to your damn GF the whole time, talking about awkward shit, I' done." and left. The group all left except for me and that guy, and he was like "sorry about talking to my GF about my wedding" I felt horrible. I tried to reassure him and gave him some words of encouragement. And then it was over.

It was at the same time one of the better, because of the ease we got through most of it, and worst (or strangest) raid experience I've ever had. I've never had a group that was that strong just fall apart. I also have never been asked super personal advice in the middle of a raid.

Sorry for long post, it was just so weird, I had to share it with someone!!

Sounds pretty intense. One time I wasn't muted and my ex was talking about how Greek yogurt doesn't have any more protein than normal yogurt and is basically the same thing. Needless to say everyone in the part was like, wtf is this girl on? I apologized for not muting myself and we moved on. This was WotM too.

How often does Destiny the Collection go on sale? Destiny 2 made me feel the itch to play again. Also, is the timed PS4 exclusive stuff expired for Xbox One?

Joined up with some people from the100. Vosik challenge went surprising well, but one of the people in the group was having some.. issues. Not with raid, or the challenge, but some personal issues.

He kept having awkward conversions with his GF/fiance, about their upcoming wedding and what seemed to be issues with his mom and his GF. No biggie, I just got married last year myself, so I can understand the stress and worry that comes with it. The thing was is that it just kept going. Like it wasn't just when we had some down time between encounters, or someone had to use the bathroom or something, but the entire time we are fighting.

Again, I get it, life is always happening, can't just take a break to play games you know? But he NEVER muted, not once. I tend to mute whenever I'm not actually talking to the party, especially if I'm talking about some awkward ass shit in front of a bunch of strangers I never met before.

So it was odd. We get to the Zamboni, 2 people wipe before we hop on the ship, but we give it a go anyway. Somehow beat it first try, in what was the sloppiest run of it I've ever done, but somehow managed to do it.

Get to phase one of Aksis, again first try, blast through it no problem. That's when it started to get weird.

We take a short break to get drinks and what not. When the guy I mentioned earlier comes back he says:

"Guys, I need some advice. I don't have any friends really except my GF and have no one to ask. How do you tell your mother that you don't want her in your life anymore?"

Whoa. You could hear a pin drop. And I felt the guy. How could you not? He went on to explain how his mom apparently hates his GF, is just horrible to her and him and he just can't take it anymore. We tried to give him advice, tell her how you feel, set boundaries, etc.

So we start P2 after that and it quickly turns into a nightmare. The guy mentioned above hasn't done challenge. No biggie, everyone else has, so we can give this a go, how bad can it be?

Very, very, bad. We explain what to in detail as best we could. Gave it a go to show what the mechanics were in action. He's empowered, his plate is up. We tell him to slam the vent. Nothing. We say wipe. He says "why? we never slammed him" Go on to explain it again, this time get to third slam, he has Aksis on his side, and instantly slams without waiting for supercharge. Again we wipe, he questions why, we explain again. He says he gets it now.

He does not get it.

Basically what would happen is this: we would explain, in painstaking detail what to do. He would say, "OK, got it" and then he wouldn't get.

Which is fine. Aksis challenge can be tough, even with good teams. What was annoying was his insistence that he understood when he clearly didn't. And from what he said before, I'm sure dude had a lot on is mind.

Finally I suggested we just do it normal, it was getting late for me and it was clear he was not going to get it. He insisted that he could do it, if we would just explain it to him. At this point someone else in the group had had enough, :Fuck this, I'm done. You aren't listening and this is just a joke. Talking to your damn GF the whole time, talking about awkward shit, I' done." and left. The group all left except for me and that guy, and he was like "sorry about talking to my GF about my wedding" I felt horrible. I tried to reassure him and gave him some words of encouragement. And then it was over.

It was at the same time one of the better, because of the ease we got through most of it, and worst (or strangest) raid experience I've ever had. I've never had a group that was that strong just fall apart. I also have never been asked super personal advice in the middle of a raid.

Sorry for long post, it was just so weird, I had to share it with someone!!

Aksis Challenge can tear groups apart real fast. I haven't seen group treat each other so bad since.....................Oryx was introduced. Its really not difficult, I have completed it sop many times I couldn't count, but there is always that one that one who always messes up.

Magik

Aksis Challenge can tear groups apart real fast. I haven't seen group treat each other so bad since.....................Oryx was introduced. Its really not difficult, I have completed it sop many times I couldn't count, but there is always that one that one who always messes up.

From my experience through GAF, io, /fireteams, Aksis is definitely the most difficult of all the challenges simply because it forces each player to actually move around and actually do something. It's rather surprising how large of a population there is of players that simply aren't able to do anything else besides stand in one place and shot a target. Kings Fall being probably the most guilty of it.

I personally hope that D2 continues in the same vain as WoTM.

ramyeon

So I just reached the level cap in the demo and I'm wanting to buy the full game now... Taken King pack is $40AU on PSN, whereas the Collection is about $90. How much is the Rise of Iron DLC by itself? I can't seem to get a price on there without first buying the Taken King pack.

So I just reached the level cap in the demo and I'm wanting to buy the full game now... Taken King pack is $40AU on PSN, whereas the Collection is about $90. How much is the Rise of Iron DLC by itself? I can't seem to get a price on there without first buying the Taken King pack.

RoI by itself is 30 USD.

Top Bottom