• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

This might be blasphemy but how is the Division in terms of coop?

Coop is pretty much required if you want to make any progress, but it's not as enjoyable as Destiny, imho. I actually feel like I'm part of a party and I have a connection in Destiny, while in the Division I just feel like I'm playing a coop game.

You guys probably discussed this already but I haven't kept up, did anyone notice the white lines to the far right of the weapon stats? See the Impact stat in the screenshot below. This was on a few of the weapons in some of the videos I saw (Not just on the impact stat, and occasionally multiple per gun). Not sure if it's a weird graphical bug or an indicator of some sort (Maybe an indicator that the stat can be increased from it's current point via upgrades).

hmLG1j5.png

Also don't get why we can't get static numbers for stats. Once again, having to rely on external programs.

rip grimiore?
"The answer to that question is 'no' and the reason it's 'no' is because we want to put the lore in the game," Cotton told me. "We want people to be able to find the lore. All the story is told through the Adventures, it's told through the characters in the world, it's told through the campaign and it's told through scannables you find throughout the world."

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Destiny folks: I bought two digital copies of the $99 Destiny 2 game. Where should I enter those codes(bought from Stop Game as I had credit left to use)? Do we redeem our individual codes on our seperate PS4 PSN accounts or is it our Bungie Account? Thanks and cheers!

Destiny folks: I bought two digital copies of the $99 Destiny 2 game. Where should I enter those codes(bought from Stop Game as I had credit left to use)? Do we redeem our individual codes on our seperate PS4 PSN accounts or is it our Bungie Account? Thanks and cheers!

PS store of your PSN account for the game.

Beta code will be redeemed on bungie.net.

PS store of your PSN account for the game.

Beta code will be redeemed on bungie.net.

The codes on the reciept get entered on Bungie.net. Bungie will email you when it comes time to get the specific code for your platform.

KuroNeeko

Hey, wo/mayne!

What console are you on? I logged back on to Destiny last night after deciding to take some time off from Over○atch. I'll probably be playing both this and FFXIV.

I'm still pre-RoI and sitting at about 300 Light, but will probably pick it up some time this week. Ideally, I'd like to finish TTK first before everything gets obsolete--gather calc frags, finish the raids / strikes, etc., but probably not going to happen now.

I'm on PS4!

Hey DGAF.

A few weeks ago I came back to Destiny after a decent time away (took a step back just before RoI due to new job responsibilities) and have steadily been gearing up (384 right now).

Do people still actively organize groups here on the community board? I remember kyoufu always telling me he always got his groups on here. Up until my departure from the game I relied heavily on destinylfg.net, and while it provided me with groups it was never an inclusive community. With D2 just around the corner I thought I might poke my head in here and see if I can sneak into an extra seat!

Anywho, I've been looking to get into the end-game side of things again but I'm having no luck finding a group willing to show me the ropes through the 390 raids (last raid I completed was Kings Fall). I'm around today (1500 JST right now), so if anyone feels like running a raid or other activity, I'd be glad to get up to all sorts of mischief.

Jeepers, trying to hold down a logical argument in the Gaming section threads is a mission XD

Most of it is from folks that played once and want to shitpost. I read a few pages and bailed after posting once.

I'm convinced they could hit 60 in PVP.

However they won't because they'll want PVP and PVE to feel the same and it'd be jarring as hell going between them.

Ever play a 60FPS game then switch to Destiny immediately afterwards? It hurts and makes the game feel like a slideshow.

Really considering selling the Pro to make a PC. Destiny gunplay with 60 frames and faster turning makes me hard.

U4 does this. It isn't jarring.

Honestly, you could get the B6 which has 28ms input lag. You're not going to notice that 7ms extra latency. It's a lot cheaper than the 2017 models.

For the OLED, I have the 65 B6, and there is no real difference for the 2017 models. If you want something different, look at the Sony, it handles motion better.

Everyone should just stay on ps4 :(

My biggest disappointment from the stream is that we didn't get a fourth race. I really wanted a playable fallen character with 3 new subclasses.

To be completely honest, when they announced pvp was going 4v4, I thought they would announce pve going 4-player-coop for story+strikes and patrol+raids getting upgraded to 8. Now that would have shut all the "mimimi it looks like dlc"-people up.

Other than that, I'm just excited for new content. Don't care if it looks like DLC (what does that even mean?) or if it looks like a completely new game, all I want is fun stuff to do. If the strikes and raid are good and we have a healthy amount of rotating content to do each week and cool stuff to chase I'm good.

Pretty much. I still want 4 players, but thats basically it.
Day one.

Mindlog

Also don't get why we can't get static numbers for stats. Once again, having to rely on external programs.
Agreed.

I was whelmed by the reveal.
Nothing special, but nothing catastrophic.

Can't pass final judgement from here, but the weapon changes look like something that puts PvP over PvE.
The movement changes definitely sound like something that put PvP over PvE. Hauling ass through strikes was fun. I don't want to move slower without skill options like skating and sword floofing.
Bomb mode in PvP doesn't feel like something that capitalizes on Destiny's unique character. We'll see.
I find the idea that a lack of content is alleviated by alts, kind of strange. I mean, you can replay the content on a single character as much as you want. You're just limited to loot once in some of the activities. But Strike playlists and Crucible give loot regardless. So I don't really see the effective difference between playing that stuff on one character vs. 3 characters, except for the fact that you have to grind up 2 additional characters, through story missions and gear acquisition.

I understand what you're saying about having to do stuff multiple times when you're on more than one platform, sure. Outside of weapons though that's still true for alts on the same console.
For me it comes down to how encounters play out differently with differentiated weapon and power sets. MOBAs are typically built around 1 static map that never changes, but the class you choose changes your strategy dramatically every time. Similarly, I can replay the hell out of ME3 and somewhat MEA co-op because all of the classes are so different. Was sort of hoping Destiny 2 would push the classes further away from each other and move farther away from melee/grenade/super.

I certainly never would have played as much as I have if I was always limited to only warlock, hunter or titan. The small changes kept things fresh especially during events that emphasized certain supers or ability burns.

mhayze

Anyone know how much the expansion pass is worth (if purchased separately)? I'm trying to figure out if the Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe or steelcase are worth the pre-order. I know I'll play the expansion, just don't know if that's worth $20, 30 or 40?

DeaDPo0L84

Wait did you buy two digital copies for you and your lady? Cause if its for some one that games in your same household you can actually game share one copy.

Jijidasu

Hey, wo/mayne!

What console are you on? I logged back on to Destiny last night after deciding to take some time off from Over○atch. I'll probably be playing both this and FFXIV.

I'm still pre-RoI and sitting at about 300 Light, but will probably pick it up some time this week. Ideally, I'd like to finish TTK first before everything gets obsolete--gather calc frags, finish the raids / strikes, etc., but probably not going to happen now.

I'm on PS4!

Sup. I'm on PS4. My playtime (I live in Japan so timezone is bit wonky) is pretty sporadic on weekdays due to work but weekends are usually fine. My PSN is Aki-Rouscelia. If you see me online on a Saturday or Sunday US time I can more than likely help out/run content.

In other news, ran 390 Crota last night. Changed quite a bit since the old d/c cheese days haha.

Can I get an invite to discord?

Sarobi

Banned
Trying to get the Flawless Raider trophy, but me and my gf are having a tough time doing it ourselves. If anyone can help us in Crota's end that'd be great. PSN is Sarobi

KuroNeeko

Sup. I'm on PS4. My playtime (I live in Japan so timezone is bit wonky) is pretty sporadic on weekdays due to work but weekends are usually fine. My PSN is Aki-Rouscelia. If you see me online on a Saturday or Sunday US time I can more than likely help out/run content.

In other news, ran 390 Crota last night. Changed quite a bit since the old d/c cheese days haha.

Can I get an invite to discord?

Yeah, I'm on JST too, so most weekday / weekend nights after the kids are in bed (10 pm以降 JST) is pretty good for me.

Your name looks familiar. Were you in the FFXIV thread as well at some point? Or maybe FFXI?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The reveal has given me an itch to play Destiny again. I stopped playing during the dark below (I think? Sometime around Crota). I also still need to finish Persona 5, though. How much content am I looking at if I dive back in before 2 drops?

I find the idea that a lack of content is alleviated by alts, kind of strange. I mean, you can replay the content on a single character as much as you want. You're just limited to loot once in some of the activities. But Strike playlists and Crucible give loot regardless. So I don't really see the effective difference between playing that stuff on one character vs. 3 characters, except for the fact that you have to grind up 2 additional characters, through story missions and gear acquisition.

I understand what you're saying about having to do stuff multiple times when you're on more than one platform, sure. Outside of weapons though that's still true for alts on the same console.

Im a completionist. The grimoire has points for all 3 classes. The books have nodes for all 3 classes. Exotic armor is locked to classes. There is a lot of extra content, bars to fill, and things to collect if you have all 3 classes. There's also the fact that running a raid as a hunter is different that titan, imo, etc.

To me, alts give you almost 3x more stuff to do.

rezn0r

Trying to get the Flawless Raider trophy, but me and my gf are having a tough time doing it ourselves. If anyone can help us in Crota's end that'd be great. PSN is Sarobi

definitely interested in this, not sure how our schedules line up though. free time's rough lately.

Im a completionist. The grimoire has points for all 3 classes. The books have nodes for all 3 classes. Exotic armor is locked to classes. There is a lot of extra content, bars to fill, and things to collect if you have all 3 classes. There's also the fact that running a raid as a hunter is different that titan, imo, etc.

To me, alts give you almost 3x more stuff to do.

Ah ok. That makes sense.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
For Destiny 2, did they mention cosmetic improvements to your character at all? Like being able to change your beard/hair/tattoo in-game?

darthbob

bungie changing the way you choose perk packs is weird compared to the first game.

Eh, I get it. Like, I never changed my perk setup for Striker Titan that much. Mostly alternated between grenade types and shoulder charge/headstrong. Defender was pretty much the same way, either WoL or BoL were the only changes I made on the reg.

If that sort of experience was consistent across most users the streamlining of perks makes sense; however, I will agree that taking away customization feels like a step back from D1.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If anyone happens to see others asking for discord invites, pretty please have them shoot me a PM. I don't always check this (or any) thread every day anymore, but I always try to stay on top of my PMs.

Just sent out a few discord invites, sorry about the late turnaround!

Spades

Looks like Mesa Sean is making videos again about things posted before and making out that he figured it out. I know someone posted about a raid strat that he pretty much copied and claimed he figured it out which is why I found this amusing.

He's "calling it" that the beta release is what has been discussed for a day or so over on Reddit and by various other YouTubers.

When someone calls him out on it, his response is: "Too bad I was away playing Destiny 2 to watch if someone else made a video on it."

What a cock.

So whats the damn secret to getting the new raid shaders to drop? I haven't been able to get a single one to drop since the 390 raids hit.

Top Bottom