• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Kyoufu

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/pwnt.gif

Just read the RTings on this thing, it's damn near perfect for everything I'm looking for a TV right now. I might be buying this soon I've been wanting to finally get a new TV for a long time too... thanks for putting me on.

Post your impressions if you do get one. I've got the 2016 model and love using my PS4 Pro/PC on it.

Just need some actual 4K videos of the Destiny 2 gameplay reveal so I can see it in all its glory on the TV.

CallMeTy

Neo Member
Post your impressions if you do get one. I've got the 2016 model and love using my PS4 Pro/PC on it.

Just need some actual 4K videos of the Destiny 2 gameplay reveal so I can see it in all its glory on the TV.

Yeah can't wait, I had my tv right now for about 3-4 years which was passed down from my older brother and if I remember correctly he had it for a good amount of time too. Haven't seen 4k outside of window shopping lol.

Kalamari

Input lag isn't nearly as important for Destiny as it is in FGs. Destiny is is 30FPS with mediocre netcode, 1 frame of lag isn't going to make or break anything when playing online.

Jijidasu

Hey DGAF.

A few weeks ago I came back to Destiny after a decent time away (took a step back just before RoI due to new job responsibilities) and have steadily been gearing up (384 right now).

Do people still actively organize groups here on the community board? I remember kyoufu always telling me he always got his groups on here. Up until my departure from the game I relied heavily on destinylfg.net, and while it provided me with groups it was never an inclusive community. With D2 just around the corner I thought I might poke my head in here and see if I can sneak into an extra seat!

Anywho, I've been looking to get into the end-game side of things again but I'm having no luck finding a group willing to show me the ropes through the 390 raids (last raid I completed was Kings Fall). I'm around today (1500 JST right now), so if anyone feels like running a raid or other activity, I'd be glad to get up to all sorts of mischief.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So I'd have to get a C7 or equivalent to get what I want. That's at least $3k. Maybe they'll be a black friday sale. It's either that or the Sony A something something which is getting rave reviews.

^You're right about it not mattering for Destiny but it's going to matter for my beloved SFIV. And I plan on playing T7 and Marvel more seriously.

Super late night train?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Super late night train?

kadey...stahp! :p

anyway looks like Nirolak followed up and banned the poster who made this prediction...
Thats my trunks....killed by Cell aka Nirolak
FutureTrunksKilledbyCell.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wouldn't mind if they scaled back the visuals in PVP just to get 60. It's possible.

Having too much fun playing fallout with mods. Going around tearing everything up with a Gundam.

Foxxsoxx

I wouldn't mind if they scaled back the visuals in PVP just to get 60. It's possible.

Having too much fun playing fallout with mods. Going around tearing everything up with a Gundam.

I'm convinced they could hit 60 in PVP.

However they won't because they'll want PVP and PVE to feel the same and it'd be jarring as hell going between them.

Ever play a 60FPS game then switch to Destiny immediately afterwards? It hurts and makes the game feel like a slideshow.

Really considering selling the Pro to make a PC. Destiny gunplay with 60 frames and faster turning makes me hard.

Bold One

I would be fine with downgrading the fidelity in MP to achieve 60fps.

Uncharted 4 does it and no one bats an eye. It allows for a fun MP whilst keeping your SP with all the bells and whistles.

I gotta say, I don't like the farm. I hope when you beat the campaign you get something different, more futuristic like the Tower was.
Well we haven't really seen the farm in much capacity. But I think it's just supposed to be a metaphor in some ways for how much Guardians have fallen. Here we were living in a tower that was touching the heavens. Now we these almost god like creatures have been brought down and forced to work and live in this dingy back water farm.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm convinced they could hit 60 in PVP.

However they won't because they'll want PVP and PVE to feel the same and it'd be jarring as hell going between them.

Ever play a 60FPS game then switch to Destiny immediately afterwards? It hurts and makes the game feel like a slideshow.

Really considering selling the Pro to make a PC. Destiny gunplay with 60 frames and faster turning makes me hard.

Just do both, I'm going to once the PC version drops: I'm guessing cross-save will be implemented as was touted in the leak (the leak that got pretty much everything else right...so I'm hoping it's right!) :)

Well we haven't really seen the farm in much capacity. But I think it's just supposed to be a metaphor in some ways for how much Guardians have fallen. Here we were living in a tower that was touching the heavens. Now we these almost god like creatures have been brought down and forced to work and live in this dingy back water farm.

Yeah I get that and I even like it, but it feels weird to be this guardian with futuristic gear on a farm. It's just a silly complaint.

Abylim

So I'm back into destiny and I just noticed I'm only missing two trophies. Raid with a full fire team of clan mates. And nobody dies in a raid

Anyone wanting to help me with these?

Deku Tree

Are they gonna make us collect both an elemental and a kinetic version of every primary weapon? Or can you just put them in the different slot to get the different damage? I'm guessing the first one because Bungie.

Kyoufu

So I'd have to get a C7 or equivalent to get what I want. That's at least $3k. Maybe they'll be a black friday sale. It's either that or the Sony A something something which is getting rave reviews.

^You're right about it not mattering for Destiny but it's going to matter for my beloved SFIV. And I plan on playing T7 and Marvel more seriously.

Super late night train?

Honestly, you could get the B6 which has 28ms input lag. You're not going to notice that 7ms extra latency. It's a lot cheaper than the 2017 models.

Kyoufu

Are they gonna make us collect both an elemental and a kinetic version of every primary weapon? Or can you just put them in the different slot to get the different damage? I'm guessing the first one because Bungie.

Well the latter wouldn't make any sense.

Hopefully not the former either. I'd prefer to have only one version of a gun, be it Kinetic or Energy.

Strider

^^ I find 1440p to be the best balance of performance and visuals atm for PC... And there's plenty of options there.

Plus... 144hz
smile.gif

With the new weapon setup you will no longer need have to have the perfect roll/perks on say a Hand Cannon given that you wouldn't really need to have great range considering you can also run with a Scout in your loadout which to me really opens up the game as far as gunplay options and will probably elevate it to new heights in that regard and it was already second to none in my book.

I believe a Gunslinger should never have to play without a Hand Cannon and now we have that solution allowing that short range option while being balanced out with a mid-to-long range Scout as well or even an Assault Rifle.

So is it true that cross saves have neither been confirmed or denied? But are heavily rumored?

Pretty sure they have been confirmed to NOT be in.

With the new weapon setup you will no longer have to have the perfect roll/perks on say a Hand Cannon given that you wouldn't really need to have great range considering you can also run with a Scout in your loadout which to me really opens up the game as far as gunplay options and will probably elevate the it to new heights in that regard and it was already second to none in my book.

Pretty sure they been confirmed to NOT be in.

That's pretty disappointing if true. Activision amd Bungie are leaving serious money on the table. I'd buy it for PS4, PC, and maybe even Xbone. I absolutely will not have 6 characters. Fuck that in every way.

That's pretty disappointing if true. Activision amd Bungie are leaving serious money on the table. I'd buy it for PS4, PC, and maybe even Xbone. I absolutely will not have 6 characters. Fuck that in every way.

My solution and I know it won't work for everyone will be to have at least 2 on Xbox and 1 on PC but I'll probably end up doing to 2 and 2 eventually.

Edit: Here's the article saying no to cross-saves...

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/destiny-2-wont-have-cross-save-between-pc-and-console

...but it's a little weird considering I don't know how "Guided Games" has anything to do with cross-saves. I mean you can have friends and/or be in a clan on two different platforms.

Speaking of Guided Games, I find the title a little bit condescending in that not every extra player looking to group up will need to be "carried or sherpa'd" through an activity. It just seems to me a better name for the function could have been used.

I prefer the analogy of being sent to live on a farm.... getting put out to pasture... aka the place all our childhood pets were sent to "live."

Frankly I'm disappointed. When I watch gameplay videos I get hype. When I think about the lack of a ton stuff I wanted I get really disappointed.

shingi70

Banned
The more I look at the game. the more I dislike the changes to the weapon systems. Everyone running primary is going to get old really fast. A better solution would be to have weapons of each type in each slot, so you have a SMG that goes in slot one or two, but then their might be a Power SMG that plays like machine guns in D1.

My solution and I know it won't work for everyone will be to have at least 2 on Xbox and 1 on PC but I'll probably end up doing to 2 and 2 eventually.

Edit: Here's the article saying no to cross-saves...

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/destiny-2-wont-have-cross-save-between-pc-and-console

...but it's a little weird considering I don't know how "Guided Games" has anything to do with cross-saves. I mean you can have friends and/or be in a clan on two different platforms.

Speaking of Guided Games, I find the title a little bit condescending in that not every extra player looking to group up will need to be "carried or sherpa'd" through an activity. It just seems to me a better name for the function could have been used.

Sorry but that solution is not a solution. When you get your main up to max, then your two alts are easier to level up. In this solution, you now have two mains. When you want to raid, you have to find a whole different group on another console instead of doing x3 on one. Etc etc.

Hopefully this works for you, but for me, it's bullshit.

WeTeHa

Everyone should just stay on ps4 :(

My biggest disappointment from the stream is that we didn't get a fourth race. I really wanted a playable fallen character with 3 new subclasses.

To be completely honest, when they announced pvp was going 4v4, I thought they would announce pve going 4-player-coop for story+strikes and patrol+raids getting upgraded to 8. Now that would have shut all the "mimimi it looks like dlc"-people up.

Other than that, I'm just excited for new content. Don't care if it looks like DLC (what does that even mean?) or if it looks like a completely new game, all I want is fun stuff to do. If the strikes and raid are good and we have a healthy amount of rotating content to do each week and cool stuff to chase I'm good.

I really don't feel like having 3 characters is necessary enough to be upset about no cross save.

Don't get me wrong, I want cross save and I hope it happens, I just don't think alts should be a source of anger for it not being there.

Running 3 characters no longer helps gearing significantly (though it does make building a weapon collection easier/faster). Do it seems like it's become more of a source of fast burnout more than anything else. Running the Nightfall and Raid every week would get tiresome about 3 times faster.

If you love playing the game a ton and want 3 characters, by all means. But that's optional, you know? Not at all required or necessary.

Anyone else not about 4v4 pvp? I know I should reserve judgement for when I join the beta, but I feel the loss of 6v6 is huge. Though I don't mind focusing more on pve, if that's the way the cookie crumbles.
I didn't like it first, but I welcome the change after watching some pvp clips. Looked fun.

I do think they need to add a big team battle of soem sort to the fray tho. I'll miss Dgaf trains.

Sorry but that solution is not a solution. When you get your main up to max, then your two alts are easier to level up. In this solution, you now have two mains. When you want to raid, you have to find a whole different group on another console instead of doing x3 on one. Etc etc.

Hopefully this works for you, but for me, it's bullshit.

Well, it isn't like this was a feature that Bungie talked about, said they were going to include, and ultimately failed to deliver on.

The reason it will work for me is that it is simply the only option.

Everyone's reasoning for wanting to play on multiple platforms can be different but for me it was to play with my son and friends on Xbox and also play on PC with the smoothest gameplay (60 FPS) and at the highest fidelity/settings with optional control devices (M&KB + Xbox One Elite controller).

I think it would be a bit of a rare case to find 6 people who play on both a console and PC simultaneously weekly if a cross-save was made available (I mean if so why wouldn't you just choose to play the best version of the game which will likely be the PC version?).

That said, I wish there were a cross-save option, but again, Bungie never suggested that there would be one.

I really don't feel like having 3 characters is necessary enough to be upset about no cross save.

Don't get me wrong, I want cross save and I hope it happens, I just don't think alts should be a source of anger for it not being there.

Running 3 characters no longer helps gearing significantly (though it does make building a weapon collection easier/faster). Do it seems like it's become more of a source of fast burnout more than anything else. Running the Nightfall and Raid every week would get tiresome about 3 times faster.

If you love playing the game a ton and want 3 characters, by all means. But that's optional, you know? Not at all required or necessary.

I play all three classes equally. I enjoy them all. There isn't enough content in game to only play one character. Been this way since day 1. If you want to play less, that's your choice, but that's not how I'm going to play.

The fact of the matter is, if I want to play with my PC or Xbone friends, I'd have to have either 1 character for each console or more than 3 characters. So when I finally get the exotic that's super hard to get, I have to do it 2 more times? Nah. That's bullshit. I'm not going to stretch myself thin on multiple consoles. If Activision and Bungie want more free money, allow cross saves. If not, well fuck that noise.

You guys probably discussed this already but I haven't kept up, did anyone notice the white lines to the far right of the weapon stats? See the Impact stat in the screenshot below. This was on a few of the weapons in some of the videos I saw (Not just on the impact stat, and occasionally multiple per gun). Not sure if it's a weird graphical bug or an indicator of some sort (Maybe an indicator that the stat can be increased from it's current point via upgrades).

hmLG1j5.png

Well, it isn't like this was a feature that Bungie talked about, said they were going to include, and ultimately failed to deliver on.

The reason it will work for me is that it is simply the only option.

Everyone's reasoning for wanting to play on multiple platforms can be different but for me it was to play with my son and friends on Xbox and also play on PC with the smoothest gameplay (60 FPS) and at the highest fidelity/settings with optional control devices (M&KB + Xbox One Elite controller).

I think it would be a bit of a rare case to find 6 people who play on both a console and PC simultaneously weekly (I mean if so why wouldn't you just choose to play the best version of the game which will likely be the PC version?).

That said, I wish there were a cross-save option, but again, Bungie never suggested that there would be one.

Yeah, Bungie never said anything about it but it's something that should be implemented. Number one it makes them more money. Number two other franchises already do this. Paragon has cross play cross save. Number 3 it builds the community.

But hey, if there's some business bullshit we don't know about I guess they can't do it. Either way I'm unhappy about no cross saves.

WeTeHa

Anyone else not about 4v4 pvp? I know I should reserve judgement for when I join the beta, but I feel the loss of 6v6 is huge. Though I don't mind focusing more on pve, if that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I'll miss 6v6 iron banner with gaf, but other than that I think 4v4 is a pretty good number. Should make it easier to be carried in Trials because you're only dragging the team down 25% instead of 33% and it's not as crowded as 6v6.

I'll miss 6v6 iron banner with gaf, but other than that I think 4v4 is a pretty good number. Should make it easier to be carried in Trials because you're only dragging the team down 25% instead of 33% and it's not as crowded as 6v6.

To be honest 6v6 is normally pretty chaotic and less skill oriented. So I'm ok with it in theory. Hopefully it ends up being a great change.

I play all three classes equally. I enjoy them all. There isn't enough content in game to only play one character. Been this way since day 1. If you want to play less, that's your choice, but that's not how I'm going to play.

The fact of the matter is, if I want to play with my PC or Xbone friends, I'd have to have either 1 character for each console or more than 3 characters. So when I finally get the exotic that's super hard to get, I have to do it 2 more times? Nah. That's bullshit. I'm not going to stretch myself thin on multiple consoles. If Activision and Bungie want more free money, allow cross saves. If not, well fuck that noise.

I find the idea that a lack of content is alleviated by alts, kind of strange. I mean, you can replay the content on a single character as much as you want. You're just limited to loot once in some of the activities. But Strike playlists and Crucible give loot regardless. So I don't really see the effective difference between playing that stuff on one character vs. 3 characters, except for the fact that you have to grind up 2 additional characters, through story missions and gear acquisition.

I understand what you're saying about having to do stuff multiple times when you're on more than one platform, sure. Outside of weapons though that's still true for alts on the same console.

CLBridges

Still missing a bunch of exotics. Never went through with the Outbreak Prime quests. Didn't get rank 25 with all factions, but I'm so ready for D2. Gonna hop on a few hours just to play around and do some bounties, book stuff and spend some 3oC.

shingi70

Banned
A move to 4v4 will make it more skill oriented but that's a moot point if the game is no longer fun to play as a result. This change could make almost every PVP in counter to the level of trails and difficulty this change could make almost every PVP in counter to the level of trials in barrier to entry level.

Detective

So, almost 4 weeks now into Destiny :)

I got all 3 Characters maxed out 400.

38 Exotic weapons.

Finished all raid , 3 with Challenge. :D

Enjoying Destiny a lot, such a great game.

Kyoufu

A move to 4v4 will make it more skill oriented but that's a moot point if the game is no longer fun to play as a result. This change could make almost every PVP in counter to the level of trails and difficulty this change could make almost every PVP in counter to the level of trials in barrier to entry level.

That already happened in Destiny 1 when they changed it to SBMM. Casual PVP went out of the window.

Luke Smith says they're going to favour connection quality again so *hopefully* it won't be as sweaty as it is in D1.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thx xplicit!

If anyone happens to see others asking for discord invites, pretty please have them shoot me a PM. I don't always check this (or any) thread every day anymore, but I always try to stay on top of my PMs.

Top Bottom