• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Reposting from steam thread:
I wonder if Destiny 1 is worth getting now (i know where to get it very cheap, like for $2, ps3 version though, which i only have)? I don't know - maybe for story or even gameplay (i prefer single)..

Vanilla Destiny story is pointless and is likely won't be relevant in D2. Gameplay wise the PS3 version works for letting you get a feel of it but nothing else, considering it lacks the latest expansion.

AaronMT86

Kind of random thought about D2 on PC: I wonder how long it will take me to forget about not having familiar controller rumble and familiar gun recoil with a mouse.

Shiv47

It's not about graphics, it's about frame rate, going from 30 - 60 is night and day and improves the gameplay massively. I'd rather play 720p/60 than 4K/30.
Yeah, I get it, but my own concern is that while I can see the improvement, I do my computing on a Mac, and I can't spend what would probably be more than a grand by the time I buy everything I need in order to get those graphics. To play one game, basically. I'll remain in the console graphics trailer park and deal with it.

No custom games and no rumble seem odd to me is all. Seems that this game should be as fully featured as possible considering how destiny's one sore spot was how anaemic the original was.

Not to mention no ranked play. Destiny desperately needs this if they actually care about competitive play. I'd say even more so than a game like Overwatch (that has ranked) because of the advantage of better gear.

void666

Banned
Three threads about destiny 2 on gaming side full of anger and outrage. lol

So, i finally decided to pull the trigger and upgrade my pc. 1080 ti is on the way. Along with a copy of destiny 2, courtesy of nvidia. I'll be playing on ps4 and pc.

On another note, i'm not very excited to play the beta. I've seen the homecoming mission so many times. The pvp mode is not my cup of tea. The strike seems fun though.

I couldn't care less about the minuscule amount of exclusive content coming to the platforms (Xbox/PC) a year later I'll be experiencing Destiny on . It isn't like I'm missing out on a Gjallarhorn or Hung Jury type weapon.

The Guided Games fiasco is also meaningless to me as the name in and of itself should have been a clue that this wasn't viewed as a long-term solution for the players but more of an introductory type option which a lot of the players don't need and for those players, thankfully, the 100 will still exist which offers a more thorough and long-term solution in every way.

There is no reason to be "outraged" unless you simply want to be.

Three threads about destiny 2 on gaming side full of anger and outrage. lol

So, i finally decided to pull the trigger and upgrade my pc. 1080 ti is on the way. Along with a copy of destiny 2, courtesy of nvidia. I'll be playing on ps4 and pc.

On another note, i'm not very excited to play the beta. I've seen the homecoming mission so many times. The pvp mode is not my cup of tea. The strike seems fun though.

I'm excited for the Beta due to the idea that we're getting new/more Destiny content and to give the new weapon slot system a go in July and then in August to feel the game at 60 FPS on PC.

Given that it has been 100% confirmed that the Ward of Dawn is back...

Luke Smith on whether Titan Bubbles are indeed still in the game:

”Yes. Everyone thought they were gone. For a while, I thought they were gone, too. And I think that the Titan Bubble has this amazing property of, it's like a mistake you can put in the world [laughs], or it's something amazing you can put in the world as a player. And, it's like, you're physically altering the gameplay space in a way that I think is pretty exciting. It's one of the things the Sentinal can do [in Destiny 2]."

...and that the Titan has effectively two options at the same time regarding a Super ability which has me wondering (and hoping) that the other classes have multiple options as well regarding their subclasses/Supers and we just haven't seen/been given the info as of yet.

Still, considering the global class Barricade ability of the Titan it seems a little weird and maybe even a bit redundant to have both the aforementioned abilities even if one is seemingly more effective than the other.

Dez_

Yeah, my brother just got himself a PS4 and a copy of The Collection as well. I guess I'm jumping back in. Will want to try and run him through the raids if possible.

Sulik2

What is the cheapest way to get just Rise of Iron on PS4. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it not full price.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
God damn.....that PC World interview with Luke Smith about the lore is pretty bloody bad.

He is so dismissive of the D1 lore it's quite disgusting.

Is Rise of Iron worth it for $20 in the PSN sale? Wouldn't really be doing endgame. Just a lapsed destiny fan (left after taken king) wondering if I should catch up before possibly buying D2 (not sold on that yet either!)

Arrrammis

Is Rise of Iron worth it for $20 in the PSN sale? Wouldn't really be doing endgame. Just a lapsed destiny fan (left after taken king) wondering if I should catch up before possibly buying D2 (not sold on that yet either!)

For just the story missions, probably not. There's only 10 and they'll last you an hour, maybe two.

Rise of Iron also brings several (mainly weapon) quests and a large patrol area to explore if you're interested in that, but I'd consider that as more of the endgame.

For just the story missions, probably not. There's only 10 and they'll last you an hour, maybe two.

Rise of Iron also brings several (mainly weapon) quests and a large patrol area to explore if you're interested in that, but I'd consider that as more of the endgame.
Cool, thanks for the advice. I think if it was a liiiittle bit cheaper ($15) I'd probably go for it, but in this case I think I'll leave it for now.

GhaleonEB

Cool, thanks for the advice. I think if it was a liiiittle bit cheaper ($15) I'd probably go for it, but in this case I think I'll leave it for now.

FWIW, as fan who lapses between expansions, I loved RoI. Some of the best missions and quests in the game, a very good patrol zone, great strike updates, and a fun arena (in the patrol zone). That's the content I play and was happy with $30.

ramyeon

Now at 384LL, it's a slow grind to 400. What kind of stuff should I be focusing on to get better gear? I've been dabbling in the SIVA Heroic Strikes and outside of that mainly doing Crucible so far.
Anyone? I'm guessing Archon's Forge? Had someone take me along for that one time and I leaped massively ahead in LL.

Guess I might have to finish off the Taken War stuff quickly and get started on RoI to unlock that.

Dthomp

Yeah, my brother just got himself a PS4 and a copy of The Collection as well. I guess I'm jumping back in. Will want to try and run him through the raids if possible.

If you want or need a 3rd for any of it LMK. Still gotta work up my Dead Orbit on my hunter

Arrrammis

Anyone? I'm guessing Archon's Forge? Had someone take me along for that one time and I leaped massively ahead in LL.

Guess I might have to finish off the Taken War stuff quickly and get started on RoI to unlock that.

Archon's forge is good for secondary weapons, class armor (cloaks/marks/bands), and artifacts with a very small chance for other armor. You can get armor/primary weapons/heavy weapons a bit easier from the chests at the end of strikes. (I think there's a list somewhere of what comes from each strike, I don't have it on hand)

ramyeon

Archon's forge is good for secondary weapons, class armor (cloaks/marks/bands), and artifacts with a very small chance for other armor. You can get armor/primary weapons/heavy weapons a bit easier from the chests at the end of strikes. (I think there's a list somewhere of what comes from each strike, I don't have it on hand)
Ah okay, so probably a combination of Forge and Strike playlists and Nightfall. Almost at 390 now.

FWIW, as fan who lapses between expansions, I loved RoI. Some of the best missions and quests in the game, a very good patrol zone, great strike updates, and a fun arena (in the patrol zone). That's the content I play and was happy with $30.
Thanks for the info... Can that all be done solo?

So I just got Rise of Iron since it's on sale.

Do I need to do missions/strikes from that expansion to get higher level light gear? Because I still see 260ish dropping everywhere.

Did a few runs of Prison of Elders and about half the time we get our ass beat down with randoms. Of course they all 260ish too.

You blow through it with one or two people at 400.

Still that's one of the most intense strikes I ever did.

Gragen

Do I need to do missions/strikes from that expansion to get higher level light gear? Because I still see 260ish dropping everywhere.

Did a few runs of Prison of Elders and about half the time we get our ass beat down with randoms. Of course they all 260ish too.

Gear drops based on your LL. If you're at 260s then just grind strikes until you're at the right LL to do heroic strikes.

FyreWulff

as Gragen points out light level drops will follow your light and pull you upwards to about 390, at which point it slows down to 400.

Once you're at LL for Heroic strikes, do this. Also rank up the vendors (join a faction!) and their level-up drops will also be up to 400.

Crucible drops also go up to 400.

edit: basically after every time you go back and decrypt engrams, check what's higher light and equip it. don't get too attached to guns and armor until you start getting like ~350 ish legendaries and stuff.

Also when Xur comes around on the weekend you can use what he's selling to pull your LL up faster.

Tovarisc

f2HauJh.png

https://twitter.com/ShockAndShaw/status/875492149613051904

The Big Shaw is PC Project Lead at Bungie.

edit: basically after every time you go back and decrypt engrams, check what's higher light and equip it. don't get too attached to guns and armor until you start getting like ~350 ish legendaries and stuff.

Also when Xur comes around on the weekend you can use what he's selling to pull your LL up faster.

Thank you! I will keep on grinding then.

Game has come a long way from Rahool giving you rare items from Legendary Engrams.

zethren

Banned
Thank you! I will keep on grinding then.

Game has come a long way from Rahool giving you rare items from Legendary Engrams.

You're tellin me lol
That shit was ridiculous back in the day. A lot of standard functions have really been improved, between that and light infusing and the level up system in general, etc. I'm stoked for D2 knowing how much they learned and implemented into D1.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People are so jealous of Destiny's success. I can piss people off just by telling them I play Destiny. I can insult them in all sorts of ways but they rub it off but if I tell them I play Destiny it's like I killed one of their family members. I don't think any other big name franchise gets as much hate.

People are so jealous of Destiny's success. I can piss people off just by telling them I play Destiny. I can insult them in all sorts of ways but they rub it off but if I tell them I play Destiny it's like I killed one of their family members. I don't think any other big name franchise gets as much hate.

I'm kind of at this point now. Laugh and move on.
giphy.gif

I ended up breaking down and preordered a copy for PS4 after playing the original entirely on XBox. Nothing new about how account importing will work was announced at E3? I wonder if it would be worthwhile to get a base copy of Destiny on PS4 and grind a character to level 20 and through the black garden?

Li Kao

FFS, maybe it's the honeymoon but I'm in love. And jelly as fuck to only discover the game now.
It just feels very good to play, so very good.

I respect you for playing Destiny

But I like playing good games

I'M KIDDING I'M KIDDING I barely even play games now a days. It's all about that Warhammer 40k

Top Bottom