• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It was a mistake to look at that thread about the Farm in General Gaming. This game brings out the worst in some people. It's crazy because my experiences in game and on the100 with the community have been nothing but extremely positive.

Most people posting in there are jilted players who have played the game sparingly or not all but have to tell the world their opinion to others why the game will fail or not muster up, yet we can see with our own eyes how much Destiny has meant to the gaming industry as a standard now

It might not be the gold standard, but it's a standard that has other publishers seething to get in on the dollars, retention, and community it builds

Some are already proclaiming Anthem as a Destiny killer which might be a 2019 fucking title for all we know
By that time Destiny 2 will be going into Year 3 and Destiny 3 talk would start circulating with new generation consoles on the horizon
It's like Destiny is the game you shit on due to the game having such a wide scope, that it hits on many fronts, that if anything feels off just by a little, everything turns to shit
Same goes for threads on here

Watch D2 break sales records, do absurdly well with DLC and MT's and people will still nitpick something that wasn't lauded as greatness or something said wasn't guaranteed
It's an endless vicious cycle
While most of play the damn game and chat about in the OT, others who don't even play the Fucking game worry for us

ramyeon

Man, loss after loss in IB tonight. Worst part is I'm constantly first in my team with KD ratio between 1.5-2 :/

Drop rate on old IB gear seems really low. Would love to get the Hunter's Camelot Helm.

Bennehmaru

Neo Member
So I'm a little overwhelmed on where I stand with Destiny, I've been playing it solo in the UK for the last couple of days and have got my hunter to level 36, I'm still going through the story, but would really like to start playing with people for strikes/raids.

I've tried reading some of the material in the OP but I feel like I'm still in vanilla mode from release and not seeing everything I should. Any help that you guys can give would be appreciated, also if anyone in the UK wants to add me my PSN is: Bennehmaru

Cheers!

panda-zebra

Banned
Played Destiny intensely after release until maybe the end of the following January. Had to go cold turkey. Have Destiny 2 ordered and didn't want to waste any time in the beta getting used to things again so installed and fired it up again. After about 2 hours of inventory management and opening boxes at the postmaster, someone I used to play with jumped in and went through a few story missions with me (had some DLC that I never played because I quit before it released).

I've really missed playing this game, it all soon came back and obvs there's plenty of stuff that's changed. Was really funny swapping out my raid stuff for stronger green crap that dropped :) Don't think I'll end up playing it so compulsively this time around (hope not anyway lol).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Did they bring over Black Hammer with Year 3 for Crota? Noticed people have gotten Black Spindle from Deathsinger but with it being an exotic it's not something I want to use.

Juan

They chose the reset path, but expect longevity. Destiny 2 better be amazing. Not just vanilla but the support they give the game.

Wait and see.

Did Luke mention you will be going through some missions with a fixed loadout and you can't change weapon during your play?

If so, well, that's cool. It's something I already do because I'm not a huge fan of switching weapons during gameplay, but if they add modifiers to increase the difficulty, I'm in.

They didn't have much to say, like "What is your vision?" - "We want to have more people playing our game and having fun!". Which developer doesn't want that?

So I'm a little overwhelmed on where I stand with Destiny, I've been playing it solo in the UK for the last couple of days and have got my hunter to level 36, I'm still going through the story, but would really like to start playing with people for strikes/raids.

I've tried reading some of the material in the OP but I feel like I'm still in vanilla mode from release and not seeing everything I should. Any help that you guys can give would be appreciated, also if anyone in the UK wants to add me my PSN is: Bennehmaru

Cheers!

If you're on PS4, add me. I'm level 40 but there's a lot of post-game stuff that doesn't have matchmaking, and I can't do it solo. I'll help you hit 40 as well if you want :)

PSN is the same as my username here.

I'm truly shocked anybody expected more then this. It was obvious from the start that's what it was going to be. No reason to go big on the beta, they already have the preorders.

I'm a little bit surprised there won't be a small part of a patrol area that is explorable but yeah, I wasn't expecting anything more than the initial story mission (Homecoming?), Inverted Spire Strike, and the multiplayer map we've already seen sans for the aforementioned. They added content to the initial Destiny beta so maybe they add something small here as well but I wouldn't expect it.

Tovarisc

Beta info:
While you fight for your very survival in three core activities, we'll monitor the technology that brings us all together. There will be fun and games, but make no mistake: This is a test!

Your participation is a critical step on our road to launch. To date, thousands of players have sampled the action in Destiny 2. We're about to expand that audience to include millions of brave Beta testers. Now, it's your turn to play.

What you should expect:
  • Homecoming: The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2's Campaign.
  • Countdown: Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.
  • Control: The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.
  • The Inverted Spire: Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.
  • New Subclasses: The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan.
  • The Farm: For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, we're inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10AM Pacific, you're welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.

What you should not expect:
  • Clan Support: It's true that Clans will be supported in Destiny 2, but those features are not a part of this test.
  • Character Progression: You'll receive rewards for defeating your enemies – be they Cabal, Vex, or other Guardians – but the Beta does not represent how your characters will evolve in Destiny 2.
  • Character Continuity: Destiny 2 is a fresh start. Nothing we do in the Beta will carry over to the final version of the game on September 6. Of course, for every rule, there is an exception...
The Destiny 2 Beta Emblem

If you throw down with us in the Destiny 2 Beta, this Emblem will be waiting for you in September. This is our gesture of thanks for helping us get ready for launch. It will mark you as a volunteer member of the development team. They'll say ”How can I get that?" You'll say ”You had to be there."
07062017_beta_emblem_1.jpg

Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46024/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--07062017

Dineren

Banned
I'm kind of glad they aren't putting patrol in the beta. By the end of Destiny's beta I had seen pretty much all of the areas on Earth and the Moon. It will be nice going in fresh on launch day.

FyreWulff

Bet its gonna be used in Raids as well. Probably forcing people to either come prepared or having to go through the headache of exiting every time to switch (if they even allow that).

Hmm. It could be, but doing that would also mess with "you got a sweet new drop from a raid boss, time to equip it HELL YEAH"

Bet its gonna be used in Raids as well. Probably forcing people to either come prepared or having to go through the headache of exiting every time to switch (if they even allow that).

I would hope that they wouldn't allow it as that would break up the flow of a raid which just doesn't seem like something they would intentionally want to do which would bring checkpoints into the equation and many other questions concerning loadouts if say a team has to stop for whatever reason and pick it up later while needing to fill a fireteam spot because someone can't make it, etc. Lots of questions surrounding the vague "Locked Loadout" comment.

Hmm. It could be, but doing that would also mess with "you got a sweet new drop from a raid boss, time to equip it HELL YEAH"

...and this too, I really doubt they would want to stop you from equipping just rewarded raid gear.

Dez_

That's about what I expected for the beta. I'm honestly fine with this that. I want them to keep things under wraps for the most part. Makes it more fun to discover things with the community.

Mindlog

I was hoping that the beta would reveal the farm's location within the first patrol zone. You would just jog on out of one side and load immediately into a combat area. Imagine if King's Watch was a social space.

Won't be here and will miss the beta entirely. Hope something new comes up.

Cheers!
Drop me a friend request (psn same as gaf). Im level 40 but will help out. There are some stuff i have not done also (raids)

Dthomp

I'm kind of glad they aren't putting patrol in the beta. By the end of Destiny's beta I had seen pretty much all of the areas on Earth and the Moon. It will be nice going in fresh on launch day.

This is my hope and how I'm going at it. I'll play the beta stuff, but I haven't been watching any videos or anything. Why on earth spoil stuff that could be way more fun to experience for yourself when you finally get to play the game.

I'm truly shocked anybody expected more then this. It was obvious from the start that's what it was going to be. No reason to go big on the beta, they already have the preorders.

Not only that, they mentioned at E3 that the beta would be the E3 build with a few extra features, which now looks like Sentinel subclass for Titan, Control PvP mode and one hour on The Farm.

Dez_

This is my hope and how I'm going at it. I'll play the beta stuff, but I haven't been watching any videos or anything. Why on earth spoil stuff that could be way more fun to experience for yourself when you finally get to play the game.
Yeah, I really want to go in fresh for most of the game. I have a feeling I'll spend more time getting a feel for the pvp than anything else.

GlamFM

Banned
Watched it again on my TV.

When they switch back and forth between D1 and D2 good old Destiny 1 looks super flat.

They did more to the engine than I thought.

D2 looks significantly better.

This vid increased my hype by a lot.

EDIT: did y'all catch that the farm will be open for an hour during the beta?

FyreWulff

When they switch back and forth between D1 and D2 good old Destiny 1 looks super flat.

Yeah, up for an hour because they're stress testing it, so you focus everyone in at a specific time.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I was expecting some patrol stuff.

I'm personally glad there isn't any in Beta: leave it for the main game, for them 'new' feels.

I'm with you Glam: people saying it looks 'exactly the same as D1' need their eyes checked, it is quite next level...it's the same gen too really (in most ways), so I think they've done a phenom job.

GlamFM

Banned
I'm personally glad there isn't any in Beta: leave it for the main game, for them 'new' feels.

I'm with you Glam: people saying it looks 'exactly the same as D1' need their eyes checked, it is quite next level...it's the same gen too really (in most ways), so I think they've done a phenom job.

To be fair this video is the first time I notice it so drastically

Ryuuga

Banned
I don't generally like referring to sequels as +0.5 but D2 really does look like it so far. It's just D1 all over again but different things. Still 4 planets. Still 1 raid. Still 3 classes. Still 3 subclasses. Still 3 weapons. Idk. It's gaining some things too. I forget all the technical names but there are new things in the patrol. But then it's losing things too.

Just kind of seems like a net 0. Just destiny 1 all over again. I know I'd like it. I played d1 for ages. But I also know that when I'm away from destiny, I don't really miss it. So I'm not sure I even want to jump in. I feel like if the LE was available on Amazon, I'd be there day 1. But the game stop deal is fucking lame. Haven't pre orders yet. I'll play the beta for sure. But I'm just not convinced yet. I hope I get some hype soon because I know D2 will be at least as good as d1, the problem with that is it took 2 and half years for d1 to become the game it should be.

Thismanknow.gif

Been saying that since the reveal. In their 'Vision for Destiny 2 vid' Luke goes on about going down 2 paths: 1) Rolling out expansions 2) Bringing in new people with numbered sequels. I'd argue they're doing a bit a both based on what I've seen or decided to demonstrate. They're calling it a sequel but it's being treated as a new foundation.

GlamFM

Banned
Thismanknow.gif

Been saying that since the reveal. In their 'Vision for Destiny 2 vid' Luke goes on about going down 2 paths: 1) Rolling out expansions 2) Bringing in new people with numbered sequels. I'd argue they're doing a bit a both based on what I've seen or decided to demonstrate. They're calling it a sequel but it's being treated as a new foundation.

I don´t get this discussion like at all.

This is not expanding an existing game - it´s the start of a new one.

Everything we had in Destiny 1 is effectively gone.

Everything we´ll find in Destiny 2 will be new.

Tovarisc

I don´t get this discussion like at all.

This is not expanding an existing game - it´s the start of a new one.

Everything we had in Destiny 1 is effectively gone.

Everything we´ll find in Destiny 2 will be new.

But they didn't delete all assets and design 100% new engine so D2 can have 20x more content than D1 ever had and not reusing anything.

Or something like that is logic that I have seen floating around as reasoning for why this is Destiny 1.25 or 1.5.

Edit: I wonder if people are just shitting on D2 because it's Destiny or do they truly feel that only 1 in 1000 games is maybe actual sequel and not X.5?

GlamFM

Banned
But they didn't delete all assets and design 100% new engine so D2 can have 20x more content than D1 ever had and not reusing anything.

Or something like that is logic that I have seen floating around as reasoning for why this is Destiny 1.25 or 1.5.

Yep. Needless to say that this rule applies to every sequel to every game ever.

Welp, we know!

My hype has increased significantly since yesterday!

Top Bottom