• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Hawkian, that post hit me in the feels.

I remember the early days of DGAF before I blitzed for the ANZ variant, ran some strikes with you and some other GAF lords, I'm going to miss D1.

Bring on D2.

Oh, and hello there Luke Smith ;)

Since we're doing goodbye's, here's my goodbye, all 610 pages of it:

36366725391_ae228a6655_z.jpg

36366725061_73e27301e5_o.gif

I took the entire Destiny grimoire and laid it out in 2 hardcover books. I did a bunch of reorganizing to even out the page count between the two books and to stitch together things like the Thorn/TLW story. I then added all the personal touches, like detail on my guardians, included all the exotic armor, patrol maps for all locations, all the VoG gear, the flavor text for the Trials of Osiris (Fractal Scrolls, All Spring, etc.). And then put in screenshots I'd taken over the 3 years of my playtime.

35669152074_6ecfaca903.jpg

35669151884_359dfbe2aa.jpg

35669152174_5de45b5ca5_n.jpg
35669151754_d5f08bf0fb.jpg

36366724561_c4e7ba0362_n.jpg
35669151694_8b4e5b421d.jpg

36366724441_c3223055f9_n.jpg
35669151554_76dd2df42c.jpg
36366724121_b25ffe7514.jpg
35669151414_c2fc037458.jpg
36366723861_26e7240467_n.jpg
35669151224_14fee76768_n.jpg
35669151074_f94b7d193a_n.jpg

36366723591_b9e7d35998.jpg
36366723221_7886c91d9b_n.jpg
35695274543_e8abc80a6a_n.jpg

And included my favorite guns:
36366725251_c4c988008e.jpg

broony

Good night, room.

See you all in the new world, Guardians.

o7

Thanks Man. You took me through VOG about a month after launch. That gave me the confidence to start jumping in raids with random GAFers, which then lead to forming a tight crew of Euro guys who have continued playing together and having fun for the last three years. It's been a good ride.

Just realised it was MADGAME who took me through my first raid, oops. But there's still good people here.

Since people are saying goodbye, I'd like to say thanks to everyone in the DGAF community. I'm not always on here but when I am, I feel the love. Thanks to you, I got my flawless raider trophy due to the flawless raider runs that were set up. I got my platinum thanks to that.

I'm excited for the next chapter in our journey.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just want to say thanks to you Hawkian for taking me through my first raid, VoG and streaming it on Twitch. My sister, brother and mother watched that run, and watched me die repeatedly during the long hours.
November 20th, 2014. Our team:

1. schwagger15
2. Hawkian
3. someday
4. BEHOLDER-Y
5. RidliMM
6. RetroMG

Echo'd. I was also one of the (many) D1 peons that tagged along for a newbie raid (Kings Fall).

Cheers to Hawkian and all the other DGAF OG's that made that possible for a solo player like myself!
Had to piece this one together from searches- I believe you were a last minute fill-in, May 25th, 2016.

Our team:

1. BarryTheSprout
2. Kukawaki
3. ThrenodyCreed
4. hoggert
5. Spottybug224
6. Hawkian
Thanks Hawk for a fantastic post. Was a wonderful time! So many nights, so many days, many patrols in the Ember Caves. Can't wait for the return of the sine wave. Wish Drizz was here for all of this.

Destiny 2|OT|What would Drizzay do?
The Darkness never consumed us for long ;) Wish I could find a screencap of one of the KF runs with Drizz in it.
Dave_6 said:
Fantastic post Hawk! Still remember the first VoG (and raid) clear I got thanks to you!
November 13th, 2014. Our team:

1. FenixOne
2. the_log_ride
3. Hawkian
4. DaveS78
5. redpepper7336
6. Pickman

S/O to Hawkian for shooting me in the face with a Fusion Rifle everytime I'd run into him in Rumble.
such is tradition!

:eek:

In my haste, I seem to have forgotten to thank you, and everyone at Bungie for making all of this possible. Even when it doesn't quite feel like it- we all appreciate what you've built.

One thing we aren't saying goodbye to....
JtD0obNl.jpg

/Kreygasm

Please use /urkgasm

36459942436_d3468370be_o.png

Not everyone can do Challenge Mode raids on Vita like you can, LT. But I'm looking forward to picking up bounties on my Vita in the morning while I should be emptying the dishwasher.

We're saying goodbye, it's not like we're going anywhere:
giphy.gif

Afterall:
giphy.gif

(Zoba/Twilight & Nami aren't the only one who can make gifs. eyes.emoji)

Mindlog

Since we're doing goodbye's, here's my goodbye, all 610 pages of it:
Is that a one off project or part of a hobby/work skillset? Outstanding :]

I should finally get around to making a Destiny montage. Lots of GAF would feature heavily.

Random 'old' clip from the first SRL going from first to last to first in the final stretch of the Mars map.
The first SRL wasn't actually during the 'old' era.

LTWood12

Please use /urkgasm

36459942436_d3468370be_o.png

Not everyone can do Challenge Mode raids on Vita like you can, LT. But I'm looking forward to picking up bounties on my Vita in the morning while I should be emptying the dishwasher.

We're saying goodbye, it's not like we're going anywhere:
giphy.gif

Afterall:
giphy.gif

(Zoba/Twilight & Nami aren't the only one who can make gifs. eyes.emoji)

i love that second gif.

Deku Tree

I would never buy a Vita or play my PS4 using one.

But owning a Switch I have to say that playing on a handheld on the couch is sweet.

Hawkian: Sword School in the Crota end days was amazing!!!!!

Cornbread78

Playing Destiny via remote play on Vita was great!

I also hope to get good enough to go back to doing the Tues night speed runs through the raids. Crota in 45 mins. with NeoGAF peeps was a great time!

Raven117

Well, I'll give a goodbye as well, though its going to seem strange.

While pretty much all of yall don't know who I am, I have been reading every OT since probably around 5th one. It sucked that I couldn't post, especially when folks were looking for groups. (Didn't have an account). I followed along on all the conversations, the trains, the drama, all of it. Its not meant to sound creepy!

The only reason I bring this up now is that during year 1, I was going through a pitch black time in my life. The only reprieve I had was the soft glow of Destiny and following along on these threads that moved at lightning speeds in those days.

This community, even though I was a silent member, afforded me a treehouse of sorts to read about how everyone was feeling about the game, and about life that happened when you weren't playing.

In any event, thanks to all yall for making this such a great community to be apart of and I will see you all in Destiny 2. Will probably be posting alot more.

[que Tiny Dancer music]

LTWood12

Well, I'll give a goodbye as well, though its going to seem strange.

While pretty much all of yall don't know who I am, I have been reading every OT since probably around 5th one. It sucked that I couldn't post, especially when folks were looking for groups. (Didn't have an account). I followed along on all the conversations, the trains, the drama, all of it. Its not meant to sound creepy!

The only reason I bring this up now is that during year 1, I was going through a pitch black time in my life. The only reprieve I had was the soft glow of Destiny and following along on these threads that moved at lightning speeds in those days.

This community, even though I was a silent member, afforded me a treehouse of sorts to read about how everyone was feeling about the game, and about life that happened when you weren't playing.

In any event, thanks to all yall for making this such a great community to be apart of and I will see you all in Destiny 2. Will probably be posting alot more.

[que Tiny Dancer music]

Thanks for sticking around! This place really did move at light speed way back then.

Raven117

Thanks for sticking around! This place really did move at light speed way back then.

It really was nuts. I doubt Destiny 2 will do the same due to a variety of reasons, but hey, it was always fun to have something read inbetween...well, inbetween anything!

My isp recently bumped my speed from 100 down 10 up to 300 down, 25 up. Been better in every respect online.

Except Destiny. I show as yellow bar so often it's crazy. It's like I'm on Wi-Fi.

Kalamari

I didn't notice any connection bars in D2 beta, so you might not have to worry about having a bad connection once it releases, you can just blame everyone else.

Bungie probably removed them hoping that players would stop complaining about lag. lol

I didn't notice any connection bars in D2 beta, so you might not have to worry about having a bad connection once it releases, you can just blame everyone else.

Bungie probably removed them hoping that players would stop complaining about lag. lol

I shouldn't have a bad connection at all though. Besides the geographic issue. Unless that now shows up more often. Been green to yellow more than I can ever remember recently.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My team is always green ya know what I mean?

Now I forget what I was about to say. Oh yeah. Wagon soon. First I must cleanse myself at Lake Minnetonka.

I kind of fell off of D1 after the first year, but every time I've come back you guys have been awesome and down to group. I plan on getting more into D2 and keeping pace, so I'll see you all there.

Clans don't have player limits this time, do they? Cuz I'm the sole remaining member of DGAF NA East 7 and it's lonely :(

phen0m24

Hawk was there for my first raid clear.
He was there for my son's first raid clear.

<3

Tomorrow my 6 year old is headed into the Vault, already 400.

Crazy times.

GutZ31

I know you aren't part of the team that works on data points, but if you can pass on that the ability to see your stats(Kill count, precision kills, etc.) in the armory for owned guns of that type, and specific gun you are looking at would be wonderful for D2.
Really wanted something like that in D1, but it's a little late to be asking for retro upgrades.

Thanks for stopping by, always good to see you coming out of lurker status to throw a quick salute.

LTWood12

I know you aren't part of the team that works on data points, but if you can pass on that the ability to see your stats(Kill count, precision kills, etc.) in the armory for owned guns of that type, and specific gun you are looking at would be wonderful for D2.
Really wanted something like that in D1, but it's a little late to be asking for retro upgrades.

Thanks for stopping by, always good to see you coming out of lurker status to throw a quick salute.

I would like to point out that Gutz has more Scout Rifle kills than I have all primary weapon kills combined. He's at 159k.

For me
37k Auto Rifles
34k Scout Rifles
33k Pulse Rifles
29k Hand Cannons

133k total.

Even more impressive is that he manages to never die while consistently putting up double the amount of kills as any teammate in a strike or raid.

GutZ31

I would like to point out that Gutz has more Scout Rifle kills than I have all primary weapon kills combined. He's at 159k.

For me
37k Auto Rifles
34k Scout Rifles
33k Pulse Rifles
29k Hand Cannons

133k total.

Even more impressive is that he manages to never die while consistently putting up double the amount of kills as any teammate in a strike or raid.

I call that kill stealing, and no one should follow my lead.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What's with matches ending right away. Both teams don't even get to play each other. It just ends and both are awarded a lost. The hell is going on.

What's with matches ending right away. Both teams don't even get to play each other. It just ends and both are awarded a lost. The hell is going on.

Maybe it's PSN. SFV just did some really weird online crap too. Matches were frozen at the start and then were disconnected.

I know I haven't been around since Year 2 and I didn't bother to come back at the start or Year 3 until at the road to Destiny 2 (Like immediately after Destiny 2 console beta was over)

But I am glad to be back. I have a lot of memories during year one and it would be a damn shame if I'm gonna miss out the first year to Destiny 2

Here's to D2 and a lot of fun to come

shingi70

Banned
I don't post that often and just my head in every now and then, but what was everyone's favorite period of Destiny. For me it had to be the lead up and release of House of Wolves, followed by the Taken King came out.

i still haven't forgiven hawkian for making me believe that xp earned while turning in bounties was divided among all equipped gear, so equipping fully leveled gear in most spots would funnel more xp to one item you wanted to level

Midas

i still haven't forgiven hawkian for making me believe that xp earned while turning in bounties was divided among all equipped gear, so equipping fully leveled gear in most spots would funnel more xp to one item you wanted to level

:lol

I remember that I was fooled by that as well.

Too many people to leave behind to go PC. I could see myself just getting it to see it as a showcase but not do much beyond minor stuff. Would be really nice, in fact the greatest thing Bungie has ever done if there is cross save and or play.

I'd probably buy the game on all 3 platforms if they had that. But Activision and Bungie don't want my extra money? Too bad Sony can't play well with others. I'm sure they have a major hand in it. Cross saves would be relatively pretty straight forward I imagine.

Top Bottom