• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Juan

"There are over 80 missions and (PVE) activities, and each is substantial in length, challenge, story and reward."

Mah body is ready.

Reading this on the gaming thread, sounds amazing!

Just curious if they are counting like 1 public event as 1 mission/activity, because if so, well, I don't feel like it's a big improvement (I may be wrong ofc), but still, feel like there will enough content for launch day this time.

Just curious what they mean when saying there was more content than progression as the beginning.

Reading this on the gaming thread, sounds amazing!

Just curious if they are counting like 1 public event as 1 mission/activity, because if so, well, I don't feel like it's a big improvement (I may be wrong ofc), but still, feel like there will enough content for launch day this time.

Just curious what they mean when saying there was more content than progression as the beginning.
If it counts everything as missions it's still almost more then all of destiny 1 and it's dlcs combined.

Kalamari

I dunno guys, 80 missions sounds nice, but how many missions will feature unique content? I am guessing probably about 1/3.

Ramirez

I dunno guys, 80 missions sounds nice, but how many missions will feature unique content? I am guessing probably about 1/3.

It's not 80 missions, they were including all activities. I would assume Lost Sectors, Adventures, & Flashpoints are all unique and probably account for a large part of that 80 number.

Juan

80 missions and activities.

Which include, I guess, each variation of a public event, each patrol missions variants, story missions, adventures, treasure map, lost sectors, Strike and Raid.

So I guess around 20 story missions, 2/3 strikes, 1 raids, 8 to 10 adventures, 8 to 10 lost sectors, 10 variations for public events (2/3 variations on each destination), 10 treasure maps, and 20 types of patrol missions/flashpoints.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If that is the case why aren't the reds getting booted. It happens in every multiplayer online game. Then again there are people who do that in other genre of games. I like how Namco, MS and Capcom are taking action unlike FPS companies.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Destiny 2 |OT| Trials and Tribblations

Destiny 2 |OT| We. Are. Legion.

So many great feels in the thread at the moment, making me a bit emotional if I'm being honest: the memories :)

Destiny was fun. I'm looking forward to the future in Destiny 2 and in this community. My roots aren't as deep as others, but I've had a wonderful time playing with many of you throughout the years. I can't wait to see what comes next.

So long, Destiny 1.

Also, Homecoming should def. be the title of the D2 thread. There's really no other option.

I suppose it's finally time to uninstall the game.
I'll be gone until the beginning of Sept anyway.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in D2.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Servers seem completely hosed. I can't stay connected to anything in Destiny tonight... keep getting kicked to orbit.

Zakalwe

Banned
Really does feel like the end of an era.

I've not been active in the community for a good while now, but I shared some of my best gaming memories with some of the people here. Looking forward to making some more with D2 on ps4 and eventually PC.

Destiny was a flawed game, no doubt, but the social experience was unlike anything I've ever experienced and I've played a /lot/ of MMO and online games. Even with its shitty social options in game, this community made my Destiny months some of the best I've had.

Pouring another out for Drizzay. Raiding was never the same without you, brother. I'll always remember our flawless runs. Great times. :)

zewone

I don't post that often and just my head in every now and then, but what was everyone's favorite period of Destiny. For me it had to be the lead up and release of House of Wolves, followed by the Taken King came out.

My favorite period of Destiny was Y1 PVP.

Trakan

I don't post that often and just my head in every now and then, but what was everyone's favorite period of Destiny. For me it had to be the lead up and release of House of Wolves, followed by the Taken King came out.

Y1 Destiny was truly a unique experience. I loved it, especially PVP.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I really don't blame people for hating current PVP. I'd argue it is worse than Overwatch in many aspects and I don't even play Overwatch. But for some reason I can't stop playing it. It's like stockholm syndrome.

I really don't blame people for hating current PVP. I'd argue it is worse than Overwatch in many aspects and I don't even play Overwatch. But for some reason I can't stop playing it. It's like stockholm syndrome.

Overwatch can be fun. It's like FPS fast food. Sometimes you just want a Big Mac.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Look at this crap. Spawned right into a match and get super. Didn't even get a chance to move. LOL. Bungie please.
hghbjjhj.gif

Kalamari

Look at this crap. Spawned right into a match and get super. Didn't even get a chance to move. LOL. Bungie please.
hghbjjhj.gif

Welcome to Destiny

Also, I realized today that D2 release is less than a month away. I know, that sounds dumb, but I just don't feel much hype for fall releases this year.

GlamFM

Banned
Exchanged ALL all the lightbulbs in my living room with Philips Hue and created light-scenes to match D2´s locations.

Because I´m an idiot.

KiDdYoNe

Is there anyone still looking for a Flawless Raider trophy? I know someone who's doing it almost on daily basis and I just helping him out. Usually it happens around time of this post +- 2 hours. Just shoot me a PM or message to KiD_rus PSN and we'll invite u.

Just skimmed back over the last couple of pages. Lots of trips down memory lane, and brilliant goodbye posts from Hawkian and JohnofMars.

I love the OT titles and I think some of them have been awesome. I remember the debate about Timmins pants and whether it was too niche.

I've played a few games on and off but never got 1000 GS on anything... Never "fallen" for a game like Destiny before, had some amazing times and got to play with some awesome people.

Plus dropping a Ghorn near the end of year 1...bitter sweet.

I can't see the same thing happening with D2 but I'm looking forwards to the campaign and seeing what happens next.

Buddies and I jumped back in lastnight to give Trials one last go... It made me both miss the competitive tension of trials and also absolutely hate what the multi has become. (Ice Breaker Fest)

If anything though, helped get me excited for D2. Can't wait to see less sniping nonsense in multiplayer!

44 OT's. Holy moly. PC player here always curious about this game. 2 is tempting because I've always liked Bungie's gameplay and co op loot games are awesome. I prefer to play games I can play for years than something that last you a day or two. I'm guessing in despite all the shit it get this franchise is something special? Is it the pve or PvP that keeps you guys coming back?

44 OT's. Holy moly. PC player here always curious about this game. 2 is tempting because I've always liked Bungie's gameplay and co op loot games are awesome. I prefer to play games I can play for years than something that last you a day or two. I'm guessing in despite all the shit it get this franchise is something special? Is it the pve or PvP that keeps you guys coming back?

A little bit of column A and a little bit of column B. There is always something going on each week right now in D1. The Raid changes weekly so you have your PVE. PVP has a weekly event and a Monthly event. So you're covered there as well. Looking forward see how they will keep players around in D2.

Arrrammis

Destiny is one of those games where the core gameplay is incredibly good, they just fumbled the story and some PvP design. Bungie has shown that they do know how to write great character and story (like in the Taken King and Rise of Iron expansions), and despite the tendency to revisit the some locations a lot, the areas are designed so interestingly that I don't really mind that much. Destiny was one of the only games I played over the past 3 years, probably my best $ per hour of entertainment value (not including F2P games of course).

Personally I really prefer the PvE side of the game. Bungie's level and encounter design is generally pretty great, and outside of the very endgame stuff nothing is extremely stressful. I don't like the PvP as much because of the rampant connection issues (probably from a small player base) and weird balance, but there's definitely a crowd for that too.

shermas

The game play, combined with the community and loot, kept me playing for over 1,000 hours. It's hard to really point to ONE thing. Meeting raid groups, hopping into strikes with randoms, whatever... Just so much fun. So much less toxicity online (for the most part) than some other games, too.

Top Bottom