• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

A little bit of column A and a little bit of column B. There is always something going on each week right now in D1. The Raid changes weekly so you have your PVE. PVP has a weekly event and a Monthly event. So you're covered there as well. Looking forward see how they will keep players around in D2.

Destiny is one of those games where the core gameplay is incredibly good, they just fumbled the story and some PvP design. Bungie has shown that they do know how to write great character and story (like in the Taken King and Rise of Iron expansions), and despite the tendency to revisit the some locations a lot, the areas are designed so interestingly that I don't really mind that much. Destiny was one of the only games I played over the past 3 years, probably my best $ per hour of entertainment value (not including F2P games of course).

Personally I really prefer the PvE side of the game. Bungie's level and encounter design is generally pretty great, and outside of the very endgame stuff nothing is extremely stressful. I don't like the PvP as much because of the rampant connection issues (probably from a small player base) and weird balance, but there's definitely a crowd for that too.

Destiny has a bit of everything. I do love PvE when it's new to me, and can't wait for more.

Exciting. :)

The game play, combined with the community and loot, kept me playing for over 1,000 hours. It's hard to really point to ONE thing. Meeting raid groups, hopping into strikes with randoms, whatever... Just so much fun. So much less toxicity online (for the most part) than some other games, too.

Thanks for the responses. Is the loot just guns or cosmetics as well?

shermas

How's everyone feeling about the 'locked' load outs in certain PvE missions? To me, it almost feels like a modifier or something that they might tack on to make things more difficult.. I enjoyed the freedom of switching from a sniper to a shotgun to a fusion, depending on the room or set up.

Obviously, it's just a rumor and nobody's played a 'locked load out' mission or anything yet, but I don't like how it sounds.

Dthomp

How's everyone feeling about the 'locked' load outs in certain PvE missions? To me, it almost feels like a modifier or something that they might tack on to make things more difficult.. I enjoyed the freedom of switching from a sniper to a shotgun to a fusion, depending on the room or set up.

Obviously, it's just a rumor and nobody's played a 'locked load out' mission or anything yet, but I don't like how it sounds.

I like it, but I've always thought PVE was way too easy because of ease of changing loadouts on a whim.

Ramirez

They've discussed it quite a bit in the podcast, it certainly isn't a rumor, lol.

shermas

They've discussed it quite a bit in the podcast, it certainly isn't a rumor, lol.

Okay... guess I should have said "we don't know how it's going to be implemented or which events will be restricted." Sorry.

Aside from this board and reddit, I haven't read/listened to much... trying to avoid a lot of the HYPE.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wagon?

So are we going to get to go to other places other than Russia? I want to visit the old U.S and see if any fallen took over my neighborhood.

This past Sunday, I decided to pay a visit to a fellow DestinyGAF member. Some of you may know him, some of you may not. Thanks to members of the community for donating for the flowers. His family loved it and appreciate the gesture from the bottom of their hearts.
image.jpg

Has it been mentioned whether or not you can play Homecoming in coop? In the beta you couldn't invite a friend to join you during the Homecoming mission so I'm wondering if that was just a restriction of the beta of if you have to play the opening mission by yourself before coop for the rest of the campaign opens up?

GlamFM

Banned
This past Sunday, I decided to pay a visit to a fellow DestinyGAF member. Some of you may know him, some of you may not. Thanks to members of the community for donating for the flowers. His family loved it and appreciate the gesture from the bottom of their hearts.
image.jpg

Thanks man.

phen0m24

image.jpg

As much as I look forward to playing D2, watching videos of Drizz and hearing him laugh and interact with all of us, trying to keep peace in the threads, lurking everyone's Twitch chat (lol) - the game won't be the same without him.

Thanks Rawr (!!!) and Lauren we <3 ya

Destiny 2|OT&#9826;1|Wish You Were Here

FyreWulff

That's cool. Been thinking about him recently.

I've thought about it for the past few days, but I've come up with an idea for a tribute to Driz. You know how on PS4, your party is defaulted to be named after yourself, but you can rename it?

My thought here would be that everyone that wants to names their voice party that they create on D2 launch day to "DrDrizzay101's Party". And then just see how long the named parties last from that point forward as people come and go through them.

Unfortunately, you can't name parties on Xbox, so you can't do it there. But I'm defintely going to do this.

I don't have much to share, but if anything relating to GAF would be when XpLiCiTOnE and his friend helped me to the lighthouse.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it there in Y3 (just wanted 1 ornament, LFG has been bad and I'm too proud to beg/pay a streamer). But, at least I can say I've been there a couples and just close it off with that.

I don't have much to share, but if anything relating to GAF would be when XpLiCiTOnE and his friend helped me to the lighthouse.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it there since (just wanted 1 ornament, LFG has been bad and I'm too proud to beg/pay a streamer). But, at least I can say I've been there a couples and just close it off with that.

Nothing wrong with that. People asking for money to carry people is just wrong. It's silly. I can see streamers saying "Hey want to pay? Give me a follow". That's okay. But to ask for money to carry you? No thanks.

Mindlog

Dang. Missed the console beta and won't be able to try the PC beta either.

Oldest Destiny screenshot you currently have access to no matter what it is time and go:
I have no idea why really, but that's the oldest screenshot I have access to right now. From the first look Alpha.

blackflag

image.jpg

Damn I haven't looked in this thread in many months, I'm not sure what compelled me to click today but I'm so happy I did. Thanks IRAWR!! I miss Drizz and our reset team. He was so helpful and just a cool chill dude.

FinKL

The more I see the more I think I might just go with one character on Xbox until the PC version arrives and then do three on PC.

Destiny 2 icon/launcher is now on Battle.net teasing us with a grayed out "Install" button.

I'm exactly in the same boat, and decided 1 greedy Hunter on Xbox then the rest on PC. Speaking of Xbox, was there 2 GAF Clans going on? I'd like to group with some of you for the raid as I LFG'd nearly everything

McArkus

Oldest Destiny screenshot you currently have access to no matter what it is time and go:

I have no idea why really, but that's the oldest screenshot I have access to right now. From the first look Alpha.

This is my oldest one:

Dated from September 16, 2014, Bungie do know how to do impressive skyboxes. My second picture of destiny?

Dated from October 7, 2014, my first clear of VoG. That Saint-14 Helmet was glued to my titan for most of year 1 (took a break from destiny during most of year 2) and returned to action like 1 month before Rise of Iron.

I could do some crucible for a couple of hours, rising early to work is taking a toll on me ( also Splatoon 2 taking a lot of my free time)

image.jpg

Awesome and much appreciated.

darthbob

PgTL3yu.jpg

Always did like that tree. Felt like home.

Gala

My earliest Destiny screenshot from September 2014 is this one. I remember how hyped I was to buy the Mask of the Third Man from Xur. Couldn't afford Gjallarhorn the next week because of this.

DHYBBD5XUAEuqtH.jpg

Top Bottom