• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

E92 M3

I'm pretty peeved that the Veteran Rewards aren't Cross-platform. There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be. Played D1 on XB1 because the game and expansion pass was bought for me there, but PS4 has always been my primary system. Now I feel like I'm getting shafted because I'm switching. I know it's just a few emblems and stuff, but still. It not carrying over makes no sense. Should totally be possible.

Me too, but I got most of them on the PS4....except playing in year 1 =/

Also, damn you New Zealand! They have so much more time to get raid ready.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Thinking of cancelling my Amazon order and grabbing the Hong Kong digital version. Should unlock earlier than other places. I believe when I got Destiny it unlocked 6-7 hours earlier than the UK.

Hard to know this time though, on the Xbox store it has Destiny 2 Launch Edition and Digital Pre-Order Pack unlocking on the 6th at 5PM but the Destiny 2 page shows 7th at 5AM.

Wish the store had a countdown like PSN.

Lizzy

Unconfirmed Member
Why is this coming out on Wednesday? Games come out on Tuesdays! Well this ruins my plans for tomorrow.

Here's that D2 CoMmNity
Shitpost
|OhhhhhhhhhT| Baby

┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•) Destiny 2 gonna be great
┳┻|⊂ノ
┻┳|

Remember that Destiny 1?
giphy.gif

LdR7k1R.jpg

All about that Destiny 2 now!

Think you won't be back? Nuh-uh.
giphy.gif

Think you'll be ever be done? Nuh-uh.
giphy.gif

All those people waiting til late Octover to play on there PErsonal ComputerS?
o7 salute!

Me right now:
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ D2

Me tuesday at 11pm launch:
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Yay got D2

Seriously, WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOIGN IN THIS THREAD?!"""

GET TO THE REAL D2 OT AND START POSTING!

deafmedal

Well, the new OT is up, we are back on Gaming! I guess it's time to start over...

It's been great being a part of this phenomenal community and I am looking forward to the next batch of adventures Bungie has in store for us. We will strategize and we will complain. We will grind and we will dance. And we will teabag one another before reviving :)

Thanks to everyone who made the game worth playing (for many of us) for hundreds and even thousands of hours. Thanks to my clan mates for the laughing fits that left my face hurting and cheeks wet! Thanks to the group who helped me achieve Guardian Lord year one the only way I wanted to get it- Flawless HM VoG...

We miss you doc. A year later and it's still tough. But we will carry on and hopefully you would be proud.

DGAF is the best GAF!

Cornbread78

Here's that D2 CoMmNity
Shitpost
|OhhhhhhhhhT| Baby

┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•) Destiny 2 gonna be great
┳┻|⊂ノ
┻┳|

Remember that Destiny 1?
giphy.gif

LdR7k1R.jpg

All about that Destiny 2 now!

Think you won't be back? Nuh-uh.
giphy.gif

Think you'll be ever be done? Nuh-uh.
giphy.gif

All those people waiting til late Octover to play on there PErsonal ComputerS?
o7 salute!

Me right now:
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ D2

Me tuesday at 11pm launch:
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Yay got D2

Seriously, WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOIGN IN THIS THREAD?!"""

GET TO THE REAL D2 OT AND START POSTING!

Great work on the OT brotha!

Hello Destiny-GAF. I need some advice.

I'm on a bit of a budget so I've been saving up for a new GPU next year so I can move my "gaming setup" to the PC from my PS4. I'm planning on going for the new generation Volta cards that'll be coming next year. I'd buy a 1070 right now but motherfucking crypto-miners. So I'm trying to hold off on any new purchases. I know that I can play a lot with the EU peeps and do raids and strikes alongside them. It'll be easier on PS4 since I even have people like Marvel on PS4 so having people to play with is most likely not gonna be an issue. I'm just weighing the pros and cons. I basically have three options.

(1) I buy it on the PS4 now and keep playing until I upgrade my PC then I double dip. (2) I buy the PC version and keep playing with my rig that'll probably be able to handle it on medium-ish settings at 1080/60 and just upgrade my GPU and then play at high settings. (3) I buy the game months later once I've upgraded my PC.

I was really thinking option 1 was good but maybe I should just do option 2, huh since I can actually play the PC version. Would save me the money from double dipping? The complication is that I live in Pakistan and so I might not have as easy access to a large playerbase at good pings as you guys might. I get good pings to the Middle East and to Singapore. Pings to the EU countries range from 140-160ms. I don't plan on being competitive, it's mostly gonna be PvE and strikes and raids.

What do you guys think?

McArkus

Hello Destiny-GAF. I need some advice.

I'm on a bit of a budget so I've been saving up for a new GPU next year so I can move my "gaming setup" to the PC from my PS4. I'm planning on going for the new generation Volta cards that'll be coming next year. I'd buy a 1070 right now but motherfucking crypto-miners. So I'm trying to hold off on any new purchases. I know that I can play a lot with the EU peeps and do raids and strikes alongside them. It'll be easier on PS4 since I even have people like Marvel on PS4 so having people to play with is most likely not gonna be an issue. I'm just weighing the pros and cons. I basically have three options.

(1) I buy it on the PS4 now and keep playing until I upgrade my PC then I double dip. (2) I buy the PC version and keep playing with my rig that'll probably be able to handle it on medium-ish settings at 1080/60 and just upgrade my GPU and then play at high settings. (3) I buy the game months later once I've upgraded my PC.

I was really thinking option 1 was good but maybe I should just do option 2, huh since I can actually play the PC version. Would save me the money from double dipping? The complication is that I live in Pakistan and so I might not have as easy access to a large playerbase at good pings as you guys might. I get good pings to the Middle East and to Singapore. Pings to the EU countries range from 140-160ms. I don't plan on being competitive, it's mostly gonna be PvE and strikes and raids.

What do you guys think?

I would go for the #1, maybe if you wait for the new Volta card you can test it with destiny 2 and all of the dlc by then.

I would go for the #1, maybe if you wait for the new Volta card you can test it with destiny 2 and all of the dlc by then.
To be honest, the more I think about it the more I'm starting to gravitate towards option 2. Destiny 2 isn't the only game, I actually have a whole list of games that I have/will skip out on just so I can play them properly when I get a new GPU.

Buying the PC version will just save me money and the time/effort required to bring my PC account to the same level as my PS4 account if I went for the PS4 version.

Thanks for the advice but I guess I already made up my mind lol. Sorry about that.

McArkus

To be honest, the more I think about it the more I'm starting to gravitate towards option 2. Destiny 2 isn't the only game, I actually have a whole list of games that I have/will skip out on just so I can play them properly when I get a new GPU.

Buying the PC version will just save me money and the time/effort required to bring my PC account to the same level as my PS4 account if I went for the PS4 version.

Thanks for the advice but I guess I already made up my mind lol. Sorry about that.

No problem, the hard part I suppose is avoiding the spoilers till then, ha.

Destiny solo is trash. I only did it for story campaigns the first time so I can enjoy it on my own pace without the pressure of people waiting for me. D2 will be the same.

That is a good idea. Yeah Destiny solo can get boring.. really boring fast. I'll be social this time around!

Thinking of cancelling my Amazon order and grabbing the Hong Kong digital version. Should unlock earlier than other places. I believe when I got Destiny it unlocked 6-7 hours earlier than the UK.

Hard to know this time though, on the Xbox store it has Destiny 2 Launch Edition and Digital Pre-Order Pack unlocking on the 6th at 5PM but the Destiny 2 page shows 7th at 5AM.

Wish the store had a countdown like PSN.

I know you're talking about the Hong Kong version but when I go to the store page on Xbox it tells me...

"Available on 9/20/2017 12:00:00 AM"

...but then at the bottom it says it releases on 9/6/2017 (which is obviously the correct date).

I'm sure it's nothing more than a mistake but a bit concerning nonetheless regarding any hiccups during launch time.

Progenitor is looking for more players on Xbox One. We're a laid back clan that's been around since the early days of Destiny and cleared pretty much everything D1 had to offer. We'll be focusing primarily on PvE but we'll take players of all kinds. With the benefits of being in a clan in D2 being so prominent, were looking for anyone that can hold their own in the Destiny, is generally a decent person and wants to play D2 for an extended period of time.

Click the image above to join. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. See you all in-game soon!

HighOnPCP

Guys I need your help.

So I pre-ordered D2 digitally a long time ago and also did the pre-load.
I really want to play when the servers go live though so I went and bought a physical copy aswell today. Now I put in the disc and it said that there is already a D2 file etc. etc.
Now I'm still stuck with the Timer showing me 1d 4h with the disc inside.
Any idea how I can "fix" this? Do I need to delete all D2 data and then just insert the disc without pre-loading?

Rtas

Any xbox gaffers up for helping a poor Gaffer who still doesn't have flawless raider get the achievement tonight?

Mosst of us are on PS4 though. Just saying

Born2Live

It's only fitting that today is the day that I finally managed to get my platinum(first one ever).

Even this late in the game people are at hand to help out others. Thanks Deafmedal for organising the flawless raid and then helping me get the 20 relics in salvage.

It only took 3 years bit I finally made it to Guardian Lord.

Ty

It's only fitting that today is the day that I finally managed to get my platinum(first one ever).

Even this late in the game people are at hand to help out others. Thanks Deafmedal for organising the flawless raid and then helping me get the 20 relics in salvage.

It only took 3 years bit I finally made it to Guardian Lord.

Ty

Awesome, congratulations Ty!

ramyeon

Going to play one last run of Vault of Glass with some clan/Band mates tonight while waiting for D2 to unlock at midnight. Can't wait.

Top Bottom