• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

So... in a suprising turn of events, all my buddies decided they want to wait for the PC version. So Will Of Prometheus, is now a GAF friendly PC gaming guild, rather than a PS4 one. Both are fine to join, but I guess from this point forward it's PC!

But... I want to play it at releaseeeee. I might still get it with another buddy for PS4.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2076974

Have they said why exactly the PC launch is so far behind the console versions btw? Are they adding enhancements, need more time for tuning? (It sounds like the beta runs amazingly well on PC). Like I just don't understand why two months? Network congestion, so prioritizing console? I'm just worried about effectively everything being spoiled and getting a version where discovery doesn't exist. That could be really damaging to perception with PC players too, they'll have too much exposure to the content prior to going in from streams and videos, and the experience will be diluted. Sure you can go in blind, but in a multiplayer title, avoiding all those spoilers is absolutely impossible.

That was my understanding.

ok cool.

Also do you need to have the Titan can to get titan gear from rockstar?

I can't find titan cans anywhere. the Rockstar site says Grand prize Hunter 1 Warlock 3 Titan 0

edit: nah I think that is just for the grand prize motorcycle. lol

Oh really? Huh. I'd probably do it but I'm too lazy to go buy a box of poptarts lol

Do it from Target and you also get a code for a red sparrow.

https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/promotions/pop-tarts-destiny-2-Target-promotion.html

Finally have all of the Destiny 1 trophies.

With a few days left until Destiny 2 and with the help of DGAF I finished HM WoTM and the secret bell song.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally have all of the Destiny 1 trophies.

With a few days left until Destiny 2 and with the help of DGAF I finished HM WoTM and the secret bell song.
Congrats, was a super fun run!
DI2EU9jWAAEtzaD.jpg:orig
Aksis don't make taking pics easy on me dang it.

Had great farewells to all of the raids over the last two weeks. More ready than I've ever been to hit some new worlds with ya'll.

Furio53

was thinking of reinstalling D1... I have all the DLCs but didn't finish most of them cause I didn't have anyone to play with. Only significant thing I did was vanilla Vault of Glass raid. Is it worth it at this point?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
was thinking of reinstalling D1... I have all the DLCs but didn't finish most of them cause I didn't have anyone to play with. Is it worth it at this point?
Are you getting Destiny 2 on console the day after tomorrow?

Because if so then .... no not really.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
So... in a suprising turn of events, all my buddies decided they want to wait for the PC version. So Will Of Prometheus, is now a GAF friendly PC gaming guild, rather than a PS4 one. Both are fine to join, but I guess from this point forward it's PC!

But... I want to play it at releaseeeee. I might still get it with another buddy for PS4.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2076974

Have they said why exactly the PC launch is so far behind the console versions btw? Are they adding enhancements, need more time for tuning? (It sounds like the beta runs amazingly well on PC). Like I just don't understand why two months? Network congestion, so prioritizing console? I'm just worried about effectively everything being spoiled and getting a version where discovery doesn't exist. That could be really damaging to perception with PC players too, they'll have too much exposure to the content prior to going in from streams and videos, and the experience will be diluted. Sure you can go in blind, but in a multiplayer title, avoiding all those spoilers is absolutely impossible.

It's an extremely smart business move, since a lot of players are double dipping (if the PC release was sooner they probably would wait, like myself).

The gap is just the right amount of time to be too long for people like me to wait, new shiny things and that, but not too long to not be waiting in anticipation.

Having said that, if they touch AA on controller in the PC version I'm out and just gonna main the PS4 Pro, no controller in Trials, no go from me.

KaoteK

If anyone in SE Asia ( or Australia/NZ) is in this thread, feel free to add me on PSN:

The_kaotek1

I'll be playing from launch and most of the guys I run with are either in the US or Europe, it'd be cool to run with people in my timezone.

When you send the friend request, please say you're from GAF so I know you aren't one of those dodgy bots ;)

I'm pretty peeved that the Veteran Rewards aren't Cross-platform. There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be. Played D1 on XB1 because the game and expansion pass was bought for me there, but PS4 has always been my primary system. Now I feel like I'm getting shafted because I'm switching. I know it's just a few emblems and stuff, but still. It not carrying over makes no sense. Should totally be possible.

kattlauc

Neo Member
How is the SE Asian Destiny community? I am a norwegian guy who moved to the Philippines for work last january, and I really want to play Destiny 2.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just a heads up ladies and gents. I just tried to join the discord, and the invite in the OP has expired. Would love to join if someone could create a new invite and PM me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
How is the SE Asian Destiny community? I am a norwegian guy who moved to the Philippines for work last january, and I really want to play Destiny 2.

Japan is a similar time zone right? Lots of players in Australia and Japan.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Been busy these past couple of days so just catching up on the news and trailers now.

Also, it was Father’s day here recently, so Happy Father’s day to all the Dad’s that play Destiny out there :)

I can't stop buying the Direct Relief pins lol

I’ve donated, but I just want to say that this is an incredibly wonderful thing that you are doing and you are an exemplary person for doing so!

DGAF I'm home

Always loved lurking these OT's sometimes posting anyway

Double dipping got the PS4 version preordered and gonna jump to PC when it launches (I'll mainly play on PC)

I love you guys DGAF ❤️

KaoteK

Hit me up, I'm in Cambodia so I'm one hour behind you, PSN name is a couple of posts up from yours

aarcane

I'm pretty peeved that the Veteran Rewards aren't Cross-platform. There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be. Played D1 on XB1 because the game and expansion pass was bought for me there, but PS4 has always been my primary system. Now I feel like I'm getting shafted because I'm switching. I know it's just a few emblems and stuff, but still. It not carrying over makes no sense. Should totally be possible.

Yeah, it's annoying that it doesn't apply across the various platforms linked to your Bungie profile. I'm switching from XB1 to PS4 too and the only emblem I'll get is the level 2 AoT one.

Nodnol

Today and tomorrow are going to drrrraaaaaaag.

Taken some holiday for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Read on Reddit what's in the CE book story wise and had a loregasm. Can not wait to jump in.

Shito

So, I see people talking about a midnight release: does this mean that the servers will go up a bit earlier so that everyone can play it when it unlocks at midnight their local time on the PSN?

Finally 100% all trophies. Ready for D2. It was a good time overall D1. Ups, downs, and in-between's all considered. Thanks GAF for being helpful throughout it all (especially Hawkian for those Y1 FAQs and guides). Thanks Bungie for making the shooting the best in the biz. And thanks Driz for being the inspiration. Until we meet again guardian!

See you guys in Destiny 2!

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Not long to go now!
Hopefully I can find time to play the game on launch day.

Thinking of the classes, I'm probably going to be starting as a Warlock, Since it was my main back in Destiny 1.

What class are you guys thinking of playing first?

KiDdYoNe

BTW, is there anyone who can pick me a Target xp/sparrow thingy? Not asking to go there just for me, but if you happen to be in Target and see one box.

Don't need to ship the Pop Tarts, I just want those codes. Of course, will pay as soon as you want me to. I'd go myself but hey, Russia here :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Good vibe in here

Tomorrow..!!!

I must beat Zelda today. Hahaha
Finally 100% all trophies. Ready for D2. It was a good time overall D1. Ups, downs, and in-between's all considered. Thanks GAF for being helpful throughout it all (especially Hawkian for those Y1 FAQs and guides). Thanks Bungie for making the shooting the best in the biz. And thanks Driz for being the inspiration. Until we meet again guardian!

See you guys in Destiny 2!
Congrats and thank you very much for the shout out. :)

Top Bottom