• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Trakan

I couldn't be happier that the campaign is coop, but the number of people in that thread who were like "IT SAYS SINGLE PLAYER RIGHT THERE, WHAT ARE YOU CONFUSED ABOUT?" was comical.

Tei

Neo Member
I think the devs confirmed that the whole campaing (minus the 2 first missions?) can be played with friends.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The only trophies I need for the platinum are clan raid and clan strike. Any GAF Gold Warriors want to raid or nightfall with me before Tuesday?
I feel like an idiot for not having us all rep the same clan before that raid... dang it

If everyone is at least 380 though, I'd be down to do a WotM Normal sometime tonight, tomorrow, or early evening Tuesday. I've said goodbye to the other three raids, would be fitting.

deafmedal

My friends and I fancy some raid action, we are going to give the ole grand slam a whirl. A final good bye. We will be running all four raids on normal starting with King's Fall. Got space for 2 on PS4.

Normal King's Fall

1. deafmedal
2. comms
3. McArkus
4. Harlan_Ryudo
5. ???
6. ???

Join today!

Edit: Full!

Any chance that Sony does a speak $100 get $15 back on Tuesday? I know normally they announce it in advance but I'm kind of nervous that if I preorder D2 and expansion bundle now they'll do the promo on Tuesday:/

Eric WK

Do we know what the starting subclasses are? Could determine which class I play first.

edit: Nevermind. I missed the portion of the guide that answers this.

Deku Tree

Any chance that Sony does a speak $100 get $15 back on Tuesday? I know normally they announce it in advance but I'm kind of nervous that if I preorder D2 and expansion bundle now they'll do the promo on Tuesday:/

You missed it. I combined that over the summer with an GS $100 card for $85 and I paid $85 and got D2 ultimate PSN edition and I got $15 PSN credit too.

BLCKATK

Azys_ here, I know some of you guys but there always people I have not met and always new people to meet! Just wanted to pop into the thread again and say I am definitely looking forward to playing with DGAF again come Destiny 2. Destiny has been a great experience and it's absolutely been fun interacting with you guys for the past 3 years. Easily one of the most fantastic things that happened was the launches of Taken King and Rise of Iron. So many pickup groups, varied activities and fun nights of grind. My WoTM runs with DGAF players are easily my fondest raid experiences, and helped me through a particularly tough time in my life.

With Destiny 2 on the way, many of my FFXIV friends will be giving the game a try and I'm sure we will all interact in some way. I look forward to the weeks to come.

Thanks for all the invites to raids, nightfalls, iron banner and more. It's greatly appreciated. I wish the best for all of us come launch!

Dez_

It's not as frequent as it used to be, but it's kind of refreshing to see people grouping up here again for raids. You know, for fun, loot and puppies. Great to see this place liven up. The wait is almost up.

zonezeus

That's actually pretty dope, nice job!

lol that's a great name for a clan too

Yes, thank you! Worth spending an hour banging my head against that super restrictive banner creator!

Look at the name in that post again lol

Although the actual clan name is different, so it's no loss...

It was actually the banner's name, because why not go full nerd and name your virtual banner while you're at it?

You missed it. I combined that over the summer with an GS $100 card for $85 and I paid $85 and got D2 ultimate PSN edition and I got $15 PSN credit too.
I remember they did one over the summer but I was still hesitant on picking the game up day one, I assume the next promo will be oct or nov.

Jerm411

We're so close, pretty much just a tease now lol....

Cannot wait to jump in to the open world stuff, super intrigued but Lost Sectors and what they have to offer. Really hope you actually have to seek them out too and they're not just clear cut all the time.

I guess I wasn't paying enough close attention, but this game doesn't come out til Wednesday?
Why? Every other game comes out Tuesday at midnight.

GlamFM

Banned
I couldn't be happier that the campaign is coop, but the number of people in that thread who were like "IT SAYS SINGLE PLAYER RIGHT THERE, WHAT ARE YOU CONFUSED ABOUT?" was comical.

Same. What a relief!

I think Mark´s tweet was a direct reaction to my thread - so something good came out of it after all.

Dez_

I guess I wasn't paying enough close attention, but this game doesn't come out til Wednesday?

I honestly have no idea. It's also strange the the game's first release date was slated for Friday, September 8th too.

That actually has me wondering about the weekly reset. Since the game releases on Wednesday, and the raid first goes live the following Wednesday, are all of the resets now in the middle of the week or still on Tuesday?

Eric WK

I honestly have no idea. It's also strange the the game's first release date was slated for Friday, September 8th too.

That actually has me wondering about the weekly reset. Since the game releases on Wednesday, and the raid first goes live the following Wednesday, are all of the resets now in the middle of the week or still on Tuesday?

Monday is a holiday in the United States so Bungie is unlikely to be working that evening to prepare for launch. Only explanation I've seen and may or may not be the reason.

Resets are still on Tuesdays per Luke Smith: https://youtu.be/cCa64JT2zCY?t=53m1s

He explains that they wanted players to have two weekly resets to get raid ready. Hence the Wednesday the 13th raid release, rather than Tuesday the 12th.

I feel like an idiot for not having us all rep the same clan before that raid... dang it

If everyone is at least 380 though, I'd be down to do a WotM Normal sometime tonight, tomorrow, or early evening Tuesday. I've said goodbye to the other three raids, would be fitting.

I've never done WotM so I'll do it for sure

Dez_

Monday is a holiday in the United States so Bungie is unlikely to be working that evening to prepare for launch. Only explanation I've seen and may or may not be the reason.

Resets are still on Tuesdays per Luke Smith: https://youtu.be/cCa64JT2zCY?t=53m1s

He explains that they wanted players to have two weekly resets to get raid ready. Hence the Wednesday the 13th raid release, rather than Tuesday the 12th.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks, good to know.

Any Hard Mode WotM happening today?

Also I hope I can buy weapon cosmetic mods instead of buying a RNG chance to get the cosmetic mod I want.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait, what? Can you clarify what you mean

Like, Tuesday at midnight as in Monday night 11:59PM? official release date is 9/6 at midnight local time, I guess is the best way to put it.

They were going to launch on Friday, but they don’t think the servers could handle it. So they moved it to be earlier in the week. I suspect it’d be Tuesday, but in the US, Monday is Labor Day, and many stores are closed. So there couldn’t be midnight launches at stores & all Bungie’s staff would have to spend Labor Day prepping.

rNilla

please fix

KJO32WX.png

deafmedal

Oryx down. Next, Asskiss. Join us for the second round of our grand slam tour of the Destiny raids! Space for 2(?)!

Normal Wrath of the Machines

1. deafmedal
2. McArkus
3. Harlan_Ryudo
4. Hawkian ???
5. ???
6. ???

Join today!

noomi

They were going to launch on Friday, but they don’t think the servers could handle it. So they moved it to be earlier in the week. I suspect it’d be Tuesday, but in the US, Monday is Labor Day, and many stores are closed. So there couldn’t be midnight launches at stores & all Bungie’s staff would have to spend Labor Day prepping.

That makes sense as I always thought Wednesday was a bit of a weird choice for release. since games are usually Tuesday.... but hey, if it was supposed to be Friday then I'm happy it was moved up a bit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oryx down. Next, Asskiss. Join us for the second round of our grand slam tour of the Destiny raids! Space for 2(?)!

Normal Wrath of the Machines

1. deafmedal
2. McArkus
3. Harlan_Ryudo
4. Hawkian ???
5. ???
6. ???

Join today!
Ooh what time? I am just about to walk out to dinner. If you can fill the spot in the mean time don't hesitate to. Grats on the final Oryx kill :)
Will be back by 8pm EST, or as much earlier than that as possible

WeTeHa

I'd like to buy new earphones/headset for the ps4... I thought about that razer kraken 7.1 thingy, but apparently you can't turn off that you hear yourself talking - which I don't think I can deal with.

anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Eric WK

I'd like to buy new earphones/headset for the ps4... I thought about that razer kraken 7.1 thingy, but apparently you can't turn off that you hear yourself talking - which I don't think I can deal with.

anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I've had luck with the HyperX Cloud Stinger since picking up a PS4 this past spring. Good value.

I checked a number of threads here and on Reddit for recommendations before settling on them.

deafmedal

Ooh what time? I am just about to walk out to dinner. If you can fill the spot in the mean time don't hesitate to. Grats on the final Oryx kill :)
Will be back by 8pm EST, or as much earlier than that as possible

We will wait😊

Oryx down. Next, Asskiss. Join us for the second round of our grand slam tour of the Destiny raids! Space for 2!

Normal Wrath of the Machines starting around 8pm EST

1. deafmedal
2. McArkus
3. Harlan_Ryudo
4. Hawkian
5. ???
6. ???

Join today!

We will wait😊

Oryx down. Next, Asskiss. Join us for the second round of our grand slam tour of the Destiny raids! Space for 2!

Normal Wrath of the Machines starting around 8pm EST

1. deafmedal
2. McArkus
3. Harlan_Ryudo
4. Hawkian
5. ???
6. ???

Join today!
No hard mode?! :(

Top Bottom