• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny - Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is much more story in Diablo 3, As for concrete examples:

- There are characters: Leah, Cain, Imperius, Maghda, Adriah, Tyreal, Ahzmodan, Zoltun Khule, Malthael and a bunch more.

- There are events, stuff happens in the story... unlike destiny which ya know, actually nothing really happens.

- There is an intro, a middle, and end... even a twist. In Destiny you wake up, you scan stuff, you go to venus, then a robot lady gives you a nice gun and thats it.

- There are classic story telling elements in D3 story, there is a messenger (tyrael), there is a trickster (leah), there is a conflict (heaven-hell)

- Unlike Destiny lore-plot exposition is done trough nice cutscenes during key events, and in game voice over.

I don't want to sound like I think D3 story is good, is not... but it is far more elaborated than the Destiny one, which IMO lacks the minimun requirements to be called a history.

Agree with this post. A lot.

Tegernako

Banned
They NEVER tried to slow the hype, they rolled with it. If you want obfuscation and misleading info just look up anything Respawn ever said about their "single player game".

If you think Respawn are such good guys and heroes then please explain the resolution debacle. It's totally clear that they were less than forthright regarding that and textures and etc. , these are businesses.
Uh, why would you try slow down hype for your product, especially if people like it? And what resolution issue? The game runs at 792p, they said that, they also said they were looking into bumping the resolution.

I never said anything about Respawn being jesus, I just don't feel Titanfall is comparable to Destiny like people are saying. They say the game deserved lower reviews especially for its lack of content but both the developer situation and the purpose of the game in addition to what was promised are all radically different. I just felt that people comparing the two wasn't the correct action.

No. I'm not whinging at all. I understand Marketing and PR. I have a degree in it. The person I was responding to was whinging about Respawn never making promises and how honest they are. Basically it was a Respawn apologist post humanizing them as a corporate entity. Complete and utter bullshit in fact.
"Please. I'm not trying to start shit but come on man"
-Patroclos, not trying to start shit-

Look at the first bolded part. You guys choose to attack me and praise the guy who doesn't even know who the fucking publisher of the game he is defending is! It's EA, by the way, not Activision. EA made them cut content, Activision sued them and made their lives miserable.

Uh, I could have worded that better...but in my defense I said pressure from Activision, as in they cost them time and money and stress. Just look at Halo 2's development hell.

Hay guyz. Gonna go play some TitanFall and Destiny. They're both really fun games. Who's with me?

Destiny and Titanfall are both amazing but flawed games IMO.

Oh god bishoptl. Don't ban me I'm still learning this site If I did anything wrong I'm sorry lol

Patroclos

Banned
Oh god bishoptl. Don't ban me I'm still learning this site If I did anything wrong I'm sorry lol

Haha. We can agree on that one. I had the same thought when I saw him. Sorry to come across shitty. I just needed to take a break from this thread. It's all just differing opinions so it's all good.

Tegernako

Banned
Haha. We can agree on that one. I had the same thought when I saw him. Sorry to come across shitty. I just needed to take a break from this thread. It's all just differing opinions so it's all good.
Yeah I pretty much derailed an entire thread with my first post...so on that note I'll get back on topic. Take care.

denshuu

That Angry Joe video brought up something that happened to me that I didn't even realize until now. They really did design the perfect system to make me not care about loot. In every other loot driven game, finding rare stuff is exciting. Diablo, Borderlands, Monster Hunter, all those games where I randomly find something that powerful or that I can use to craft something powerful is an instant hype button for me. But Destiny actually conditioned me to not give a shit about anything that drops, ever. Blue engrams are fodder for dismantling. Do I need more weapon parts? Nope. Well, might as well clear up space in my inventory.

And on those (extremely) rare occasions where I find a purple, I already know it's most likely to also be some dismantle fodder or some shards. Instead of having the "Holy shit, that's awesome, I can't wait to see what that is" reaction, it's more of an "Eh.. Do I need shards to upgrade anything? Yeah, but I'd also have to go run around in a circle picking up 60 or so rust iron.. eh.. I guess I'll pick it up."

They took a loot driven game and developed the best environment possible to ensure that I'm never excited about it. That's kind of incredible, just from a design perspective.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
That Angry Joe video brought up something that happened to me that I didn't even realize until now. They really did design the perfect system to make me not care about loot. In every other loot driven game, finding rare stuff is exciting. Diablo, Borderlands, Monster Hunter, all those games where I randomly find something that powerful or that I can use to craft something powerful is an instant hype button for me. But Destiny actually conditioned me to not give a shit about anything that drops, ever. Blue engrams are fodder for dismantling. Do I need more weapon parts? Nope. Well, might as well clear up space in my inventory.

And on those (extremely) rare occasions where I find a purple, I already know it's most likely to also be some dismantle fodder or some shards. Instead of having the "Holy shit, that's awesome, I can't wait to see what that is" reaction, it's more of an "Eh.. Do I need shards to upgrade anything? Yeah, but I'd also have to go run around in a circle picking up 60 or so rust iron.. eh.. I guess I'll pick it up."

They took a loot driven game and developed the best environment possible to ensure that I'm never excited about it. That's kind of incredible, just from a design perspective.

This is so true I have to quote your entire post. Usually I'm a digital horder - trying to make a decision about what gun to keep in Borderlands 2 is almost painful. But in Destiny, I'm dissembling like there's no tomorrow. Loot is for leveling, but there's no excitement in it for me.

So true. There are no hype moments while playing this game. Fuck the cryptarch. Just drop the damn item if its a legendary or exotic. Full model on the ground with the light of the traveller casting a beacon on it visible for miles. The most hopeful you can be is hoping that Xur will have the item you want come the weekend.

My first post here...so here we go.

I really hate it when people talk about Titanfall and Destiny in the same sentence.

Everyone says the game is bad because it doesn’t have "enough content" yet those same people complain about "Bloat" in games and say that they have too many weapons that are the same, to many gimmicks, etc. Titanfall is all about the gameplay just like the Halo, Quake, Doom, Tribes, CS, etc. You don't see people lamenting that CS only has a few weapons now do you? That's because the gameplay is fucking good.

Respawn made the game with 64 employee’s (standard dev team has 200+ people), under constant stress from the Activision lawsuit, and literally ran out out money halfway through development, and still ended up creating a game that sold millions. They had to scrap a lot of things to even get the game shipped. If they'd had more money and less pressure from activision they'd have had a lot more modes and even a single player but they had to scrap it. http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/17/behind-the-scenes-final-hours-of-titanfall-app-now-available/

Bungie never had any issue with money, at all. They have over 500 employee’s, they didn't have to deal with a lawsuit, they didn't have to convince people that their company could make good games, they didn't have any issue that the Respawn guys had. What’s their excuse for not having custom games and everything else? What' their excuse for empty worlds? Piss poor social features?

And you know what else? There’s not a single thing Respawn ever said that misrepresented their game. They never mislead people about what was in it or what the game was about at any point. It was always a multiplayer game with some game mode that had people talking. They never said their story would be compared to star wars.

So when Titanfall got amazing scores, it got them because it did everything it set out to do. Destiny got average scores because it didn't.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
My hope is that Bungie patches the game to allow offline play and legendaries to drop 100% from mob kills. The only caveat is that your character is permanently offline, and the rest of us can stay online and earn the loot as intended.

Seriously it took a whopping two weeks to fully deck out my character in purple armor (with purple weapons earned along the way).

There is so much about this game that I'd love to understand, in terms of how things came about to the form we now see them, from a design perspective.

JdFoX187

Banned
So I got 4 legendaries about 40 minutes ago from doing normal stuff like Vanguard strikes and Crucible matches. I have been stuck on level 24 as a Titan for a while now and went to cryptarch to see the goods I got!

4153626085_f43e379abd_o.gif

Just spit my fucking drink all over my keyboard reading this post. I'm sorry, man. That's like a kick in the balls after you're already on the ground.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Great game. Its super fun

Fun? Fun!? What casual drivel. There are plenty of logical arguments the professionals have put together in their reviews that objectively prove Destiny is a bad game. If you want fun stick with iPhone games, at least they're cheaper and won't necessitate demanding a refund! The only explanation for you enjoying the game is that you're a lowest common denominator gamer and have been duped by Bungie.

Killer

Banned
My first post here...so here we go.

I really hate it when people talk about Titanfall and Destiny in the same sentence.

Everyone says the game is bad because it doesn’t have "enough content" yet those same people complain about "Bloat" in games and say that they have too many weapons that are the same, to many gimmicks, etc. Titanfall is all about the gameplay just like the Halo, Quake, Doom, Tribes, CS, etc. You don't see people lamenting that CS only has a few weapons now do you? That's because the gameplay is fucking good.

Respawn made the game with 64 employee’s (standard dev team has 200+ people), under constant stress from the Activision lawsuit, and literally ran out out money halfway through development, and still ended up creating a game that sold millions. They had to scrap a lot of things to even get the game shipped. If they'd had more money and less pressure from activision they'd have had a lot more modes and even a single player but they had to scrap it. http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/17/behind-the-scenes-final-hours-of-titanfall-app-now-available/

Bungie never had any issue with money, at all. They have over 500 employee’s, they didn't have to deal with a lawsuit, they didn't have to convince people that their company could make good games, they didn't have any issue that the Respawn guys had. What’s their excuse for not having custom games and everything else? What' their excuse for empty worlds? Piss poor social features?

And you know what else? There’s not a single thing Respawn ever said that misrepresented their game. They never mislead people about what was in it or what the game was about at any point. It was always a multiplayer game with some game mode that had people talking. They never said their story would be compared to star wars.

So when Titanfall got amazing scores, it got them because it did everything it set out to do. Destiny got average scores because it didn't.

Well said.

edornob

Fun? Fun!? What casual drivel. There are plenty of logical arguments the professionals have put together in their reviews that objectively prove Destiny is a bad game. If you want fun stick with iPhone games, at least they're cheaper and won't necessitate demanding a refund! The only explanation for you enjoying the game is that you're a lowest common denominator gamer and have been duped by Bungie.

Wouldn't it be the other way around? Those duped by the Bungie hype would be more disappointed in it rather than enjoy it. And where are the reviews you speak of that says Destiny is a bad game? Reviews look more positive than negative.

I came in with no expectations, lvl20 and still having a blast. It's a game that appeals to my demographic - casual gamer.

Tegernako

Banned
Wouldn't it be the other way around? Those duped by the Bungie hype would be more disappointed in it rather than enjoy it. And where are the reviews you speak of that says Destiny is a bad game? Reviews look more positive than negative.

I came in with no expectations, lvl20 and still having a blast. It's a game that appeals to my demographic - casual gamer.
Pretty sure he's kidding.

Well said.
Thanks. There's a lot of criticism about Titanfall and that it's totally fair game but I also think a lot of it is misdirected at the same time.

Personally, of the big three I feel that Titanfall was the only one that succeeded.

Titanfall was said to be a PvP only game that was focused on being fun having solid gameplay and that's what it was mainly hyped on. It was a throwback to the old school gameplay/balance first concept and people loved it. The main reason for my posts was to point out that people who say Titanfall failed to live up to its hype like Destiny and Watch_Dogs is IMO wrong.

In my mind, I think one people say Titanfall didn't live up to the "hype" because when people realized that all there was to the game was the gameplay, that wasn't enough. I mean what's the number one thing people say when they talk about why they don't play anymore? "I loved the game but it didn't have enough content" Most of the time, they don't say it was a bad game. People tend to admit it's an excellent one, it just didn't have enough.

So if a game "lacks content" then it's bad no matter how fun it is to a lot of people. This obviously isn't true but Titanfall fell victim to it, the high price tag for what should have been a 40 dollar game didn't help. (This is of course ignoring other flaws that people who simply don't like the game would talk about)

I believe it's relevant to Destiny because when people talk about Destiny what do they do? They talk about the lack of content, they say it's repetitive, that it was nothing like it was promised, (Bungie saying we could explore Saturn's rings the, "all that is explorable" quote) that the story wasn't there, (Bungie comparing it to Star Wars, LOTR, saying the story would have a beginning, middle, and end)

And I think it's important to make distinctions, Titanfall did everything it set out to do even if it wasn't as big of a hit as Microsoft was hoping (though 2 million physical copies in NA alone, and that's not counting physical sales in other countries, or digital sales from the TF bundle is not a failure by any means). So when people say Titanfall failed, they really mean to say it didn't sell 16 million copies and didn't have 50,000 guns. There's no lack of praise for the game even from people who don't play it anymore, and it's metacritic of 86 (higher than W_D by six and Destiny by 8 I believe) goes to back that up.

However Watch_Dogs and Destiny are different. They promised a much different product and many people (Not knocking anyone who enjoys the game, however just as you are allowed to enjoy the game, we are allowed to be critical) thought they would deliver on it. With Destiny in particular, people defended that to the death; they said:

"It's just the Alpha guys, the Beta will be much better.
It's just the Beta guys, the full game will be much better.
You're still not level 20 guys, the game doesn't really start till you're level 20.
You haven't put 20 hours in yet guys, the game changes a lot after 20 hours.
The full game is just the foundation guys, wait till they release DLC."

And just like Titanfall, they were judged by the content in their game, only unlike Titanfall, a lot of people found fault with the actual gameplay mechanics or promised features, and simply over just a perceived lack of content. But not even the most stout defender of Watch_Dogs and Destiny can honestly say they are anything like we were promised initially.

And that's kind of why I feel that it's a relevant distinction, you have to understand exactly what it is people are talking about when they talk about hype and failure.

When a hyped game "lives up to the hype" and gets great reviews. The people who love the game argue that people who dislike the game are "haters" and that it's a bandwagon. When a hyped game doesn't live up to to the hype, it's because people "don't understand" and "they were paid to give bad reviews" and they complain that all people do is whine while the only reason you don't see more defense of the game is because they are all playing it.

The reviews of Destiny are extremely telling because it also leads to people acting exactly like the above or finding scrapegoats, like with Titanfall "That game doesn't deserve its rating because it lacks content and didn't live up to the hype." It's like people have to have a justification, it's not just Destiny it's this game too!

The only problem, as I stated before is that most people like Titanfall and find no fault with it's gameplay, and never were never lead to think that the game was anything other than multiplayer only game with, their main problem steams from the lack of content or variety.

Destiny and Watch_Dogs however, have a problem with people finding fault not only in what was misrepresented about the final product, but also in the core gameplay mechanics, and the lack of variety/content. And that's what sets them apart.

And I think I went off topic again...

gatti-man

It's just so strange. Once you hit the level cap, there is no incentive to continue playing. What do you play? The strikes for the 3rd time that require a time commitment with a random chance of getting something good?

The unbalanced MP with 4 game modes (1 being a smaller version of another mode) that rewards worse players more often than the good ones ?

Or the mediocre story missions for some arbitrary amount of XP that doesn't matter?

The only logical way to actually progress is the loot cave and that is just a definitive waste of time.

I turn the game on to look at the bounties in the hopes that I have a chance at an exotic one and that's it. Really pisses me off.

The daily mission gives ascendent mats gauranteed.

One public daily gives gauranteed engrams or shards.

The pvp which i gaurantee you ive played more of than you is not that unbalanced if it all with drops according to performance, maybe 40/60 depending on your kill death ratio. As ive improved to consistently do well the drops rates are very similar to when i first started. Honestly the whole best people at pvp should get best drops is silly. It would chase people away. The drops should be a simple dice roll.

You get vanguard rep and crucible rep as well as points for buying the gear you exactly need. Shooting into a cave is not needed.

Tegernako

Banned
The pvp which i gaurantee you ive played more of than you is not that unbalanced if it all with drops according to performance, maybe 40/60 depending on your kill death ratio. As ive improved to consistently do well the drops rates are very similar to when i first started. Honestly the whole best people at pvp should get best drops is silly. It would chase people away. The drops should be a simple dice roll.
Give me evidence of the drops being performance based or I'm going to call bullshit. I regularly outperform people by a wide margin and get half the points for my team and get shit while the 0-15 guy gets an exotic.

Also, Crucible balanced? What makes you think that?

It's almost sickening when people support random drops and "everyone wins!" mentality. So the guy that does the best on the team should have the same amount of chance to get a drop as the guy that does the worst on the team? It's completely random and an absolute joke, it makes players not want to try. What's the point of trying, you can do horrible and still get the same amount of loot as the guy that's actually giving effort.

Killer

Banned
The only problem, as I stated before is that most people like Titanfall and find no fault with it's gameplay, and never were never lead to think that the game was anything other than multiplayer only game with, their main problem steams from the lack of content or variety.

Destiny and Watch_Dogs however, have a problem with people finding fault not only in what was misrepresented about the final product, but also in the core gameplay mechanics, and the lack of variety/content. And that's what sets them apart.

Titanfall is an excellent game and i think the small X1 install base at the time didn't help it at all. It would have been a different story if it was on PS4 and PS3. It delivered what it promised. Bungie was vague in describing what Destiny was from the beginning. If they explained what Destiny actually is with extended demo ( and more content) it wouldn't had the backlash we are seeing now.

gatti-man

Pretty sure he's kidding.

Thanks. There's a lot of criticism about Titanfall and that it's totally fair game but I also think a lot of it is misdirected at the same time.

Personally, of the big three I feel that Titanfall was the only one that succeeded.

Titanfall was said to be a PvP only game that was focused on being fun having solid gameplay and that's what it was mainly hyped on. It was a throwback to the old school gameplay/balance first concept and people loved it. The main reason for my posts was to point out that people who say Titanfall failed to live up to its hype like Destiny and Watch_Dogs is IMO wrong.

In my mind, I think one people say Titanfall didn't live up to the "hype" because when people realized that all there was to the game was the gameplay, that wasn't enough. I mean what's the number one thing people say when they talk about why they don't play anymore? "I loved the game but it didn't have enough content" Most of the time, they don't say it was a bad game. People tend to admit it's an excellent one, it just didn't have enough.

So if a game "lacks content" then it's bad no matter how fun it is to a lot of people. This obviously isn't true but Titanfall fell victim to it, the high price tag for what should have been a 40 dollar game didn't help. (This is of course ignoring other flaws that people who simply don't like the game would talk about)

I believe it's relevant to Destiny because when people talk about Destiny what do they do? They talk about the lack of content, they say it's repetitive, that it was nothing like it was promised, (Bungie saying we could explore Saturn's rings the, "all that is explorable" quote) that the story wasn't there, (Bungie comparing it to Star Wars, LOTR, saying the story would have a beginning, middle, and end)

And I think it's important to make distinctions, Titanfall did everything it set out to do even if it wasn't as big of a hit as Microsoft was hoping (though 2 million physical copies in NA alone, and that's not counting physical sales in other countries, or digital sales from the TF bundle is not a failure by any means). So when people say Titanfall failed, they really mean to say it didn't sell 16 million copies and didn't have 50,000 guns. There's no lack of praise for the game even from people who don't play it anymore, and it's metacritic of 86 (higher than W_D by six and Destiny by 8 I believe) goes to back that up.

However Watch_Dogs and Destiny are different. They promised a much different product and many people (Not knocking anyone who enjoys the game, however just as you are allowed to enjoy the game, we are allowed to be critical) thought they would deliver on it. With Destiny in particular, people defended that to the death; they said:

"It's just the Alpha guys, the Beta will be much better.
It's just the Beta guys, the full game will be much better.
You're still not level 20 guys, the game doesn't really start till you're level 20.
You haven't put 20 hours in yet guys, the game changes a lot after 20 hours.
The full game is just the foundation guys, wait till they release DLC."

And just like Titanfall, they were judged by the content in their game, only unlike Titanfall, a lot of people found fault with the actual gameplay mechanics or promised features, and simply over just a perceived lack of content. But not even the most stout defender of Watch_Dogs and Destiny can honestly say they are anything like we were promised initially.

And that's kind of why I feel that it's a relevant distinction, you have to understand exactly what it is people are talking about when they talk about hype and failure.

When a hyped game "lives up to the hype" and gets great reviews. The people who love the game argue that people who dislike the game are "haters" and that it's a bandwagon. When a hyped game doesn't live up to to the hype, it's because people "don't understand" and "they were paid to give bad reviews" and they complain that all people do is whine while the only reason you don't see more defense of the game is because they are all playing it.

The reviews of Destiny are extremely telling because it also leads to people acting exactly like the above or finding scrapegoats, like with Titanfall "That game doesn't deserve its rating because it lacks content and didn't live up to the hype." It's like people have to have a justification, it's not just Destiny it's this game too!

This post can be summed up to "I like titanfalls mechanics i dont like watchdogs or Destiny's mechanics". Overall impressions on alpha and beta even on this board were INCREDIBLY positive. People were not saying its only beta defensively except on rare occasion and there were posters reminding everyone that often Beta is release here.

Its funny you praise Titanfalls gameplay and in most of the reviews posted in the OP they say the game plays great. Most posters in this thread say the mechanics in destiny are great its the structure they dont like.

Something you will have to understand is Titanfall while being excellent was half a game at release. It was not a throw back. Old school MP games had tons of maps and community support. Titanfall had few maps and zero support or customization. It was barebones. Titanfall makes destiny look like an all you can eat buffet of content in comparison.

This is coming from someone who likes titanfall. I played the crap out of it on release. Then the same 6 maps got boring and i shelved it when the first dlc was the same barebones offering.

I've been talking with a lot of friend about this, as it's been about a week since I've played and there is nothing that has made me want to return. A few of us were discussing some of the things that had been mentioned in interviews, the content we had seen in dev videos, and even stuff some things we heard straight out of Bungie (we know a couple people up there). Most of this was not present in what we bought.

May jump back in for the raid or those other missions we're supposed to get, but at this point I've decided on my actions. Before October 9th, I'm taking the game back to GameStop for my "guaranteed" $40 trade-in.

I suppose that making it a $20 1-month rental evens it out for me. Was not really content with the... content... that I bought. Pretty? Sure. Fun? I can only handle shooting the same exact enemies with different names / numbers attached to them for so many hours... and PvE with fireteam was more fun than most crucible stuff :(

zoukka

It's almost sickening when people support random drops and "everyone wins!" mentality. So the guy that does the best on the team should have the same amount of chance to get a drop as the guy that does the worst on the team? It's completely random and an absolute joke, it makes players not want to try. What's the point of trying, you can do horrible and still get the same amount of loot as the guy that's actually giving effort.

I think you forgot something, the actual activity of playing the pvp and becoming better! The loot aspect has blinded so many people it's just sad.

I think you forgot something, the actual activity of playing the pvp and becoming better! The loot aspect has blinded so many people it's just sad.

There's literally no point. The game is terribly balanced, there's no reason to try and get better, it's a roll of the dice.

Bungie is basically saying "Who cares if you are great, average, or horrible, everybody wins!"

I don't care for that mentality, and it's not the Bungie I know.

I really wish they would haven't taken a page out of diablo's book on teaming up. If I want to do a certain thing please let me match up automatically. All my friends have xbox ones and I'm a playstation guy. The gameplay is fun but it gets tiring moving 5 feet away from clearing a zone to have the exact same enemies re spawn. It really kills the world and makes it feel like a very poor attempt at making the world alive.

That being said I still haven't traded it in, hoping improvements come, just a little angry at the misleading interviews and developer videos where they say these great things that are exactly what this game isn't.

zoukka

There's literally no point. The game is terribly balanced, there's no reason to try and get better, it's a roll of the dice.

Bungie is basically saying "Who cares if you are great, average, or horrible, everybody wins!"

I don't care for that mentality, and it's not the Bungie I know.

I usually hover at the top three of any game enemy team included. I must have great luck!

Tegernako

Banned
Its funny you praise Titanfalls gameplay and in most of the reviews posted in the OP they say the game plays great. Most posters in this thread say the mechanics in destiny are great its the structure they dont like.

Something you will have to understand is Titanfall while being excellent was half a game at release. It was not a throw back. Old school MP games had tons of maps and community support. Titanfall had few maps and zero support or customization. It was barebones. Titanfall makes destiny look like an all you can eat buffet of content in comparison.

This is coming from someone who likes titanfall. I played the crap out of it on release. Then the same 6 maps got boring and i shelved it when the first dlc was the same barebones offering.
1. Dear god, snip the post don't quote the entire thing.

2. Uh, I never gave my personal impressions of the Destiny. I stated what others were saying about Destiny/W_D and I contrasted that with Titanfall's hype. As a matter of fact, I really enjoy Destiny's gameplay, I just think some core aspects are flawed. Titanfall is faaaaar from being perfect but I find the ways people compare it to Destiny and W_D to be flawed hence my post.

3. I can't really argue that point. But again I'm talking about gameplay and ingame content only, so it kind of doesn't apply either.

4. Titanfall had 15 maps so I don't understand where this "only six maps" comes from unless you never played the game.

I've been talking with a lot of friend about this, as it's been about a week since I've played and there is nothing that has made me want to return. A few of us were discussing some of the things that had been mentioned in interviews, the content we had seen in dev videos, and even stuff some things we heard straight out of Bungie (we know a couple people up there). Most of this was not present in what we bought.

May jump back in for the raid or those other missions we're supposed to get, but at this point I've decided on my actions. Before October 9th, I'm taking the game back to GameStop for my "guaranteed" $40 trade-in.

I suppose that making it a $20 1-month rental evens it out for me. Was not really content with the... content... that I bought. Pretty? Sure. Fun? I can only handle shooting the same exact enemies with different names / numbers attached to them for so many hours... and PvE with fireteam was more fun than most crucible stuff :(

This was my experience. I already traded it in at Best Buy. :(

gatti-man

Give me evidence of the drops being performance based or I'm going to call bullshit. I regularly outperform people by a wide margin and get half the points for my team and get shit while the 0-15 guy gets an exotic.

I never said they were. They are simple loot rolls the way it should be. Ive played 100s of matches, you know how many exotics ive seen drop? 2. 2 total.

No one cares that you have a great k/d besides you. Its a simple loot roll and thats the way it should be imho.

Tegernako

Banned
I'm better than 99% of the people I play against. The game is way to easy and incredibly unbalanced.

The PvE of this game I really enjoy. I absolutely despise the PvP, and I've played a ton of competitive shooters, so Destiny's bad PvP just sticks out to me, especially the balancing.

I never said they were. They are simple loot rolls the way it should be. Ive played 100s of matches, you know how many exotics ive seen drop? 2. 2 total.

No one cares that you have a great k/d besides you. Its a simple loot roll and thats the way it should be imho.

"The pvp which i gaurantee you ive played more of than you is not that unbalanced if it all with drops according to performance, maybe 40/60 depending on your kill death ratio"
-gatti-man, PG 247, 9/22/2014, -

BigDug13

Simple loot rolls are the way 100% of rewards should be dished out? Never anything skill-based?

alterno69

Banned
I'm more angry than dissapointed i think. So many poor choices everywhere.

Taking me back to my ship after every single mission is beyond stupid. Every mission plays the same, you either attack some area or defend it, that's it. The enemies look diferent but they all fight the same way, only diference being how much damage they can take.

I just unlocked Mars and i have no desire to go back.

zkorejo

I will be keeping it. I like the PVP part of the game and leveling up the Crucible/vanguard rep is cool too.

But I wont be buying expansion packs anytime soon. I am glad I got the standard edition in the first place.

gatti-man

1. Dear god, snip the post don't quote the entire thing.

2. Uh, I never gave my personal impressions of the Destiny. I stated what others were saying about Destiny/W_D and I contrasted that with Titanfall's hype. As a matter of fact, I really enjoy Destiny's gameplay, I just think some core aspects are flawed. Titanfall is faaaaar from being perfect but I find the ways people compare it to Destiny and W_D to be flawed hence my post.

3. I can't really argue that point. But again I'm talking about gameplay and ingame content only, so it kind of doesn't apply either.

4. Titanfall had 15 maps so I don't understand where this "only six maps" comes from unless you never played the game.

2. Im not giving my opinion on destiny's gameplay i just think its flawed. Thats like the definition of an opinion.

4. I played titanfall on x1. Look at my post history or gamer tag gatti-man (it may or may not have the hyphen). Saying it has 15 maps is true but not true. Some maps were exclusive to modes most people rarely played. I can only remember 6. Even 15 is pathetic for an mp only game. By comparison destiny has 40 maps if you count the SP content. Its tiny and really unbelievable. I remember playing TF on release saying to myself "wow the beta really was the entire game minus two titans".

I'm better than 99% of the people I play against. The game is way to easy and incredibly unbalanced.

The PvE of this game I really enjoy. I absolutely despise the PvP, and I've played a ton of competitive shooters, so Destiny's bad PvP just sticks out to me, especially the balancing.

"The pvp which i gaurantee you ive played more of than you is not that unbalanced if it all with drops according to performance, maybe 40/60 depending on your kill death ratio"
-gatti-man, PG 247, 9/22/2014, -

I said if the loot is unbalanced its barely unbalanced is what that means. That doesnt mean im stating facts simply that im not bungie so i cant go around like you screaming the loot drops are slanted towards poor players. Are you just playing dumb here?

Here i just finished a control match and thought of you. Top two players got loot. Happy? Took a quick and dirty pic.

Simple loot rolls are the way 100% of rewards should be dished out? Never anything skill-based?

There is a metric ton of things in destiny that are skill based. The night strikes and raids and even high lvl dailies. Plenty of people suck at pvp so making them grind for loot in pvp modes would just give them incentive to write it off. It honestly makes perfect sense to me and my k/d is 1+ so its not like their policy serves me. I win rumble often but i still think random loot is more fun abd fair.

ironcreed

Banned

Indeed. It all just feels pointless and gives you no incentive to keep going. I can do great in a strike, multiplayer or whatever and I either will get nothing or trash loot that I don't need. And they expect me to just keep replaying this hollow content over and over again in hopes that I will get lucky enough to get some gear with light? Why should I care at this point? So I can dance at the Tower in a new suit and then go redo the same slog again until the DLC? Nah, I'll be long gone.

I just thought about something that would help loot-

Top player gets guaranteed Legendary(With small chance at Exotic), and material/blue engram/shader
2nd most player gets 2 blues/material/etc
3rd player gets 1 blue/etc

And that's it. You got in last place? Do it again, Guardian. The Crucible is no place for mercy.</lord Shaxx>

Tegernako

Banned
2. Im not giving my opinion on destiny's gameplay i just think its flawed. Thats like the definition of an opinion.

4. I played titanfall on x1. Look at my post history or gamer tag gatti-man (it may or may not have the hyphen). Saying it has 15 maps is true but not true. Some maps were exclusive to modes most people rarely played. I can only remember 6. Even 15 is pathetic for an mp only game. By comparison destiny has 40 maps if you count the SP content. Its tiny and really unbelievable. I remember playing TF on release saying to myself "wow the beta really was the entire game minus two titans".
Holy mother of god. I said I never gave my opinion of Destiny in my other post, then I went to explain what I did think of Destiny in that post.

Complete and utter lie. All modes were available in all maps. Also, 40 maps? What the Hell? There are 10 PvP maps, what the fuck are you talking about? Every map in the entire game? You do realize we are talking about PvP right?

Also, you misunderstand. I'm talking about useful loot, please explain to me why people who perform badly should get anything above a blue?

Top player gets guaranteed Legendary(With small chance at Exotic), and material/blue engram/shader
I'm okay with adjusting it but that's a tad too far. Top player should be the only one with a CHANCE to get an exotic, materials, or legendary items.

Second and third place have a chance at a legendary and materials.

And the rest can only get blue's and materials.

gatti-man

I just thought about something that would help loot-

2nd most player gets 2 blues/material/etc
3rd player gets 1 blue/etc

And that's it. You got in last place? Do it again, Guardian. The Crucible is no place for mercy.</lord Shaxx>
Thats totally ridiculous. But its your opinion. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom