• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny screenshots

MDSLKTR

Destiny_08.jpg
I went from meh to holyshitIneedthisnow right after this part in the live demo.

Terrain looking pretty darn sharp over that render distance. This is usually my biggest complaint with open world games. They never look that good when you can see this much. I really hope it stays that way...

It looks like a current gen game and i'm fine with that, its just i keep seeing people mentioning this game when people are talking about good next gen graphics and it really doesn't look that good at all.

WHAT??!

Yes. Hopefully optional.

rac

Banned
Iron sights makes games look uninteresting. Thankfully it looks like you won't be forced to use them.

Getting mass effect/halo vibes from those screenshots. The gameplay demonstrations I've seen haven't really impressed me especially since I'm not a fan of borderlands.

One thing I am curious about are the npc cities. Hopefully it's a seamless open world.

The art and settings do not click on me. Looks like Halo meets Star Wars, but I found it too generic. But it is Bungie, so let`s wait for the final product.

Dat texture quality... chances it will be like that on release?

Imagining this on PC... dear God. I must have it...

Has this been annouced for PC? Or is it just PS4/Xbone right now?

Also, anyone getting a Mandalorian vibe (Kotor/Swotor) from the armors?

puebla

was kinda disappointed with the demo but i'm still intrigued, will purchase for pc if the reviews are good.

Shanker

Neo Member
Is this game called BungleLands? :p

Looks aces. Notice the ADS shots have some of the grainiest of grains though. Hope you can turn that down/off

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm not sure what I think of the way this game looks. The sort-of-Bordelands-but-not-actually-cartoonish artstyle is a bit weird.

LQX

Wow, you can tell Mass Effect was their design inspirations on many levels. One of those looks just like Tali and many others straight out of the ME universe.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Models seem fairly low-poly in places, not something I'd expect for next-gen, but then this is one of them darn cross-gen holdbacks.

Lighting looks delish, and hopefully the IQ shines through in the final product.

anyone else who might have played WoW or any other MMO entirely too much in the past having trouble getting excited for this game?

Vidpixel

Looks beautiful. Bungie's gameplay aspirations in regards to the social aspects in this title sound pretty exciting.

Orayn

anyone else who might have played WoW or any other MMO entirely too much in the past having trouble getting excited for this game?

It's more of a small group, mission-oriented game like Guild Wars 1, Phantasy Star Online, Borderlands, or Diablo. I really doubt the leveling curve and types of content are much like WoW or traditional MMOs.

Top Bottom