• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny screenshots

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I'm disappointed that they didn't stick more closely to the original Jamie Jones concept art.

troop.jpg

In comparison, the character models seem very clean - like action figures. There is less sense of atmosphere and realism.

Wallach

Definitely following this, I hope they make good on their PC interest. Not really feeling that first shot though, it would be kind of dumb to have a pistol that is constantly on fire.

feel

Looks pretty. Shame about the clunky generic sprint+ironsights gameplay, instead of something original, something more fluid and fun, these guys made Halo fucking Combat Evolved ffs..

I'm also worried about the lack of proper narrative and main character, just wandering around the pretty landscape doing generic/gamey missions might get old fast.

I wanna see some gameplay from the third person perspective. Decking out my character, customizing his looks(I wanna run around with no helmet on) will be much more splended from third person. I will only swap in to first person during combat some times. Like Skyrim:D

Tekku

I'm with you on this one shinobi, I'm extremely hyped for this game! Can't wait to loot some awesome weapons and then brag about them in town. :D

Yasae

Banned
For gameplay: huge Borderlands minus the cartoony feel plus a bit of Guild Wars 2.

Nothing new but interesting nonetheless.

I'm disappointed that they didn't stick more closely to the original Jamie Jones concept art.

troop.jpg

In comparison, the character models seem very clean - like action figures. There is less sense of atmosphere and realism.

I agree. This had more 'texture and 'atmosphere'.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

To be blunt, Bungie do not have top of the industry 3d modellers working for them and haven't for a long time. They have guys that know their lighting engine, and AI, but graphically their stuff doesn't match a lot of the rest of the industry.

Not sure why its an area that continues to go without being upgraded across the board with new blood and whatever it takes, but there we go. Always a shame to see such fancy concept art go pretty unrealised and unachieved.

Dirtbag

The stuff they were doing with reach shows they are going to knock it out come competitive multiplayer.

I'm actually expecting something much less balanced then even Reach.
I'd love to be wrong, but I'm guessing something much more loot-weapon/class driven with your character carrying over from campaign. Maybe some weapon gambling hooks or something.

I'm also expecting Public Events to have some character controlled enemies for some adversarial MP to appear in the campaign experience.

Orayn

I'm actually expecting something much less balanced then even Reach.
I'd love to be wrong, but I'm guessing something much more loot-weapon/class driven with your character carrying over from campaign. Maybe some weapon gambling hooks or something.

I'm also expecting Public Events to have some character controlled enemies for some adversarial MP to appear in the campaign experience.

God willing, they'll go the Guild Wars 2 route and have standardized equipment and only cosmetic unlocks for PvP.

Zok310

Banned
So hyped for this, spent an hour yesterday in PS home trying to get the home e3 destiny dynamic theme.
Lol

This just reminds me that the next expansion for Borderlands 2 comes out next week. Sweet!

In all seriousness though, I like the look of the scale of the world in those outdoor shots and I'm a sucker for a sci-fi setting, but nothing quite jumps out to me yet with this title. I really want to like it though. Guess time will tell.

xbhaskarx

troop.jpg

Agreed, that image had me salivating...

Orayn

Ditto. Who knew that a flaw from my old CRT monitor would be used for effect.

Might be somewhat justified in that a lot of the helmets literally don't have a visor big enough to see out of, so they might use external cameras and some sort of internal screen that could produce the effect.

Love bungie and love halo but not sure about this game, every walkthrough I've seen plays out the same each time, might just be for e3 but when enemies appea r, when ure partner appears e.t.c seems all too scripted, I was expecting halo level of adaptive AI.

Plus alot of the level seems very linear, like they mention u can travel into the distant mountains but then have a line of conveniently placed car bodies to stop you from going in that direction.

I could be way off though, anyone have any solid Impressions? No matter what walkthrough I see it always plays out the same as the stage demo, including when ure partner dies at the boss fight

Love bungie and love halo but not sure about this game, every walkthrough I've seen plays out the same each time, might just be for e3 but when enemies appea r, when ure partner appears e.t.c seems all too scripted, I was expecting halo level of adaptive AI.

I think it's supposed to be a lot more open world than the narrow corridors they've shown. And each walkthrough was heavily scripted to be exactly the same, from reviving the other player to getting a critical headshot. You can tell they wanted to show us certain things like that, they even showed the weapon upgrades in the exact same manner.

In other words, I wouldn't worry about it. Will it be skyrim level of open world? Probably not. But I'll bet you it'll be a step beyond borderlands considering the social aspect and the central hubs.

Plus alot of the level seems very linear, like they mention u can travel into the distant mountains but then have a line of conveniently placed car bodies to stop you from going in that direction.

I could be way off though, anyone have any solid Impressions? No matter what walkthrough I see it always plays out the same as the stage demo, including when ure partner dies at the boss fight

100% all for demo purposes.

troop.jpg

The artwork is a whole new level when compared to the actual game. I'm a bit disappointed by the style ingame.

troop.jpg

Agreed, but maybe they just haven't shown us everything. That tank looks boss.

As for the dudes, DUUUUDE that fur does it. Want.

Top Bottom