• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

QTaslvk.jpg

Maybe unloading the rest of their 3DS info so E3 can have more focus on the Switch?

Reggie said E3 will focus on Switch and 3DS. I'm assuming it will focus more on Switch, but because he said that they could save Mario and Luigi as an E3 reveal.

Nanashrew

Banned
One thing about Pokemon Sun and Moon as well is the gigantic step backwards in touch screen and second screen features in general they had been building upon since the DS. I have no doubt there are plans for the 3rd game to come to Switch.

The Giant

Banned
If this was Iwata Nintendo I'd be hyped already, but Kimishima era seems less fond of Directs, so I'm not too sure this wasn't just a mishap.

Will be happy if it's true, of course.

That's because Nintendo had nothing to show. Since Switch has lots of games in development. Expect directs more often now.

Mortemis

Banned
I wanna get excited but this seems like the crap that we all hype up and just forget about, or worse keep saying "it didn't happen this week but it'll happen next week!" over and over until it's E3.

It was madness for everyone. All the speculation and crackpot theories was a bit much.

Yeah, there are hype cycles that were fun and I wouldn't mind doing again, but all the NX stuff was just maaaaaaan. The fact that we all went so long knowing pretty much jack shit was not a good recipe for sanity.

I wonder if this is how Emily Rogers got her intel.

She got the Switch's exact hardware and a bunch of games from looking at a few bubble movements?

KingBroly

Banned
It feels too soon for another Direct.

Maybe it'll be an Announcement Direct for E3 Plans

EDIT - Damn you, VegiHam. Stealing my thought processes

Jubenhimer

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a Mini Direct. Wouldn't be the first time they had one (there was a Micro Direct on June 1st back in 2015).

Atheerios

If it's really a Direct then for sure it will be a Pokemon Direct.

Nintendo wouldn't do any important reveals so close to E3. However, The Pokemon Company likes to make big reveals on May.

Unicorn

I'd nut at the speed of light if by some holy miracle they'd announce a new Animal Crossing. Probably way too early with Splatoon 2 not even out though...
They completely missed the WiiU, but the track in MK8 is beautiful. The update with amiibo on 3ds felt like a pad to give them some time. Whenever it hits it will be so glorious. I just hope they really blow it out and not rush it out like city folk felt like.

tolkir

That right there is the mail. Now let's talk about the mail. Can we talk about the mail, please, Gaf? I've been dying to talk about the mail with you all day, OK? "Nintendo Direct," this name keeps coming up over and over again. Every day Nintendo's mail is getting sent back to me. Nintendo Direct! Nintendo Direct! I look in the mail, and this whole box is Nintendo Direct! So I say to myself, "I gotta find this guy! I gotta go up to his office and put his mail in the guy's goddamn hands! Otherwise, he's never going to get it and he's going to keep coming back down here." So I go up to Nintendo's office and what do I find out, Gaf? What do I find out?! There is no Nintendo Direct. The man does not exist, okay? So I decide, "Oh shit, buddy, I gotta dig a little deeper." There's no Nintendo Direct? You gotta be kidding me! I got boxes full of Nintendo! All right. So I start marchin' my way down to Daisy in HR and I knock on her door and I say, "Daisy! Daisy! I gotta talk to you about Nintendo." And when I open the door what do I find? There's not a single goddamn desk in that office! There...is...no...Daisy in HR. Gaf, half the employees in this building have been made up. This office is a goddamn ghost town.

There's also Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

QTaslvk.jpg

Maybe unloading the rest of their 3DS info so E3 can have more focus on the Switch?

I was wondering when this would be revealed as there was no Direct on the horizon. Guess that's it

Reggie said E3 will focus on Switch and 3DS. I'm assuming it will focus more on Switch, but because he said that they could save Mario and Luigi as an E3 reveal.

Not likely. They just reserved a spot for it on their servers. It'll probably be an "avaible right now" deal.

If the direct is a week from now it'll be around a month between directs. A direct a month isn't too abnormal.

Yup. Unless I'm misremembering, the intent for them was always to be about once a month, but when Iwata passed they took a huge break and then they became much more irregular. So this could be them finally getting back on track.

Edit: Yup, from September 2012 until June 2015 they were generally a monthly affair in North America, with a random month off here or there and the occasional month with multiple directs, though many were Mini Directs. Japan had them even more frequently. After Iwata died in July of 2015 we had 5 months without a single Direct in any market, and from then on they've been sporadic, and they have largely kept to small, single-game directs hosted by the game's developer.

Jubenhimer

Can someone explain what "nintendo direct" means or indicates???

Nintendo Direct is a pre-recorded presentation livestreamed on YouTube, Twitch, and NicoNico. It broadcasts news and anouncements of games and systems directly to the consumer rather to the press.

Some Nobody

I'd imagine if we didn't see anything within the next 14 days, this was for E3. But if it is, I think that nixes Stars unless they're just trying to fuck with everybody.

I'm thinking the 3DS content will largely be show floor, press packages, and the typical post-direct Live event, with the actual major announcements for the 3DS coming now. I don't think a 3DS remake of Mario and Luigi is E3-Direct reveal material.

Kikorin

Pokémon Stars. Make Pokémon Sub/Moon in HD and without loading screens between the courses and to enter/exit buildings and I'll be happy.

ramparter

Banned
That's because Nintendo had nothing to show. Since Switch has lots of games in development. Expect directs more often now.
This. No Direct is better than a bad Direct that people will complain about.

I wonder if we are gonna see some new stuff regarding the 3DS now that New 2DS has been announced.

Also Kimishima isn't fond of PRESENTING anything because he doesn't see himself as one. So expect Reggie, Bill, Shibata, or Koizumi to man the whole front for these directs.

Fritz

If they'd indeed announce a full fledged Pokémon RPG for Switch they fucking unleash the leviathan.

sirap

Straight up trolling if they release anything other than a mainline Pokemon on the Switch.

But I wouldn't say no to Pokemon Snap 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom