• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they'd indeed announce a full fledged Pokémon RPG for Switch they fucking unleash the leviathan.

I'm assuming you mean a main series entry, not a spin-off.

Wouldn't that be a troll though if we're all sitting here waiting for the Stars megaton to drop and they announce Pokemon Rumble Switch or some shit.

Fritz

If Nintendo doesn't have enough Switches to stock Pokémon, I'd say they're allergic to money.

They certainly don't have enough Switches in stores for Pokemon demand right now, but maybe in a year

I think it is an absolute sound business decision to be conservative with the initial production volumes considering the WiiU.

That said I am pretty sure they can and are increasing production by now. I'd bet we won't see shortages by Christmas. Although a mainline Pokémon would probably not be scheduled against a mainline 3D Mario title.

pokéfan

I'm guessing either the Pokemon company will have their direct in May, or Pokemon Stars will be revealed at E3. Hype either way!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If it is true I don't expect it to be for normal 3ds update
They had the last one for that
Could it really be pokemon stars?!

Cerium

I think it is an absolute sound business decision to be conservative with the initial production volumes considering the WiiU.

That said I am pretty sure they can and are increasing production by now. I'd bet we won't see shortages by Christmas. Although a sublime Pokémon would probably not be scheduled against a mainline 3D Mario title.
Production can only be increased so much. There's no way they'll be able to meet the holiday demand.

If Pokemon Stars is really coming in the fall, there will be blood in the aisles of Walmart.

Fritz

Production can only be increased so much. There's no way they'll be able to meet the holiday demand.

If Pokemon Stars is really coming in the fall, there will be blood in the aisles of Walmart.

I mean obviously I have no clue about the production capacities and it's kinda futile to speculate about it. I got mine anyways, lol

Shahadan

So now instead of the usual two days of agony we need to wait a full week? Thanks a lot.

Especially since we'll be waiting for nothing.

Orbit_shadow

Neo Member
So if this occurs 1 week before the actual direct.

We are looking at announcement on Friday and direct on Monday?
Or
Announcement next Monday with Direct on Friday?

Please happen

Yukinari

There's also Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

QTaslvk.jpg

Maybe unloading the rest of their 3DS info so E3 can have more focus on the Switch?

This is definitely a game they dont need to waste E3 on and is more suited to a direct.

Rvaisse

iirc some devs ( can't remember who), said more news would be annouced for their game May 8th.
May be related ..!

Forkball

GK14A9V.jpg

I really don't expect them to keep Pokemon Stars a secret until E3. I'm surprised it hasn't been officially announced yet, unless it really isn't coming this year. I think that announcement alone could carry an entire Nintendo Direct, so I'm not sure where something like Mario and Luigi DX fit in. That game is so strange, why not announce it during the last Direct? Is it because it won't hit the summer? Maybe this is just a pre-E3 Direct. Publishers these days turn E3 into a week-long event anyways. So much stuff gets out ahead of time that when they actually do announce something new, it's a legitimate surprise.

tsundoku

Didnt we just have a direct that covered a massive amount of franchises and both pillars?

Splatoon 2 direct will probably be closer to its extremely delayed release.

I guess if they announce it as Pokemon I don't have to bother tuning in.

Wouldn't that be a troll though if we're all sitting here waiting for the Stars megaton to drop and they announce Pokemon Rumble Switch or some shit.

Coming to Nintendo Switch, a long awaited port of Pokémom
Shuffle
!

Though seriously, I'm curious as to what this can be, given the previous Direct wasn't that long ago.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
GK14A9V.jpg

I really don't expect them to keep Pokemon Stars a secret until E3. I'm surprised it hasn't been officially announced yet, unless it really isn't coming this year.

I imagine it is because Pokemon Sun/Moon was/is still selling and was/is one of the main contributors to moving 3DSs right now.

Announcing Stars any earlier would have just cannibalized 3DS/Sun/Moon sales.

Kouriozan

Can't be a general Nintendo Direct so soon after the last one and right before E3.
Also it's going to be a WW one, and SF2U release in July in Europe.
Could be ARMS but I bet they'll spend a long time talking about it at E3.

I was wondering when this would be revealed as there was no Direct on the horizon. Guess that's it

Not likely. They just reserved a spot for it on their servers. It'll probably be an "avaible right now" deal.

Hmm. They can reveal it at E3 and say it's available now.

I'm thinking the 3DS content will largely be show floor, press packages, and the typical post-direct Live event, with the actual major announcements for the 3DS coming now. I don't think a 3DS remake of Mario and Luigi is E3-Direct reveal material.

I hope so. I don't want 3DS taking up much of the Digital Event. I think they'll reveal the new Kirby game though.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Animal Crossing mobile announcement, maybe...?

That's my bet.

We haven't heard anything about their next mobile project, which should be releasing this summer. So a blowout for Animal Crossing mobile with a tease for Animal Crossing Switch seems likely.

E-phonk

Banned
Although a mainline Pokémon would probably not be scheduled against a mainline 3D Mario title.

If Stars is real it'll be like:
Sept: FE Warriors
Oct: Pokemon Stars
Nov: Mario (+ zelda dlc)
Dec: Xenoblade 2 (or enter wii u port) (+ some other big dlc)

Fritz

If Stars is real it'll be like:
Sept: FE Warriors
Oct: Pokemon Stars
Nov: Mario (+ zelda dlc)
Dec: Xenoblade 2 (or enter wii u port) (+ some other big dlc)

That would be a crazy line up. For all the flac the presumed soft launch got the Switch has a fantastic line up for its first months (with or without Pokémon Stars).

Sendou

I mean if it's going to be Pokémon nothing else is going to be shown in that Direct since it tends to take attention away from other announcements.

I mean if it's going to be Pokémon nothing else is going to be shown in that Direct since it tends to take attention away from other announcements.

I don't know. Pokémon is huge, but I think Metroid Prime 4 would be huge in its own right since it's been forever. But yeah Pokémon would be huge I just don't think it would overshadow other games.

Flintty

We've all been expecting/hoping for a proper console 3D Pokémon on Switch. There's a lot of talk about it in this thread. Is it really going to happen or is this just excited speculation? I'm trying to temper expectations but I'm ready to have my mind blown, massively.

Don't do this to me, GAF.

Mario & Luigi
Pokemon Stars
Zelda DLC

??

We've all been expecting/hoping for a proper console 3D Pokémon on Switch. There's a lot of talk about it in this thread. Is it really going to happen or is this just excited speculation? I'm trying to temper expectations but I'm ready to have my mind blown, massively.

Pokemon Stars is heavily rumoured, and Eurogamer said its a Switch game.

The rumored Pokémon Stars will be third game to Sun/Moon. I don't think it will be a fully built Pokémon game from the ground up for Switch.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Basically if hey will not announce it within Thursday it will be debunked right? Just to have a calendar horizon

mclem

Just to pour a little cold water on things - given we had the announcement last week about a Digital Event coming for E3, could this not be a teaser for that?

JoeM86

That's not true. Pokémon has been part of many combined directs. Even with new announcements for main series games

JoeM86

Edit: Oops. Double post. My apologies

We just started a new Pokémon generation. Any main series games will be a part of that generation and so wouldn't be that different in engine to Sun and Moon. Temper expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom