• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

If ARMS review copies are arriving within the next few weeks you'd think Nintendo would want to detail the single player mode before they arrive, right? Since currently it's a complete unknown. They could do both pokemon and ARMS in one direct.
Except I'm not sure if TPC would want to share the reveal of Stars with info on ARMS, assuming that Stars is even real.

sinonobu

Banned
My money is on ARMS getting weekly videos with character and mode revels (first being Helix) rather than a dedicated Direct.

If we get a Direct in the next week or so, i'm banking on Pokemon. 3DS will have its own section at E3, just like the last Direct did.

This seems like the most likely scenario.

IF Arms was getting its own Direct, they would of saved Helix

Neoxon

I honestly don't believe that if there is a 3rd game, that it would be on the Switch. Main games are always on the handhelds...even though Switch is a console that you can use as a handheld. I have had my doubts about that rumor of Pokémon Star being for Switch.
We already have job listings that point towards Game Freak eventually making the switch, so it's more of a when than an if.

My money is on ARMS getting weekly videos with character and mode revels (first being Helix) rather than a dedicated Direct.

If we get a Direct in the next week or so, i'm banking on Pokemon. 3DS will have its own section at E3, just like the last Direct did.
That actually makes the most sense.

I agree with this. Up until last night I would have thought that the BoTW DLC would get detailed in a Direct. That they were willing to just announce it outside of one tells me that they're open to doing so with other titles.

The 4DS of course.

zlCfzRuxS2kPt4KtbF

jmizzal

People keep saying Pokemon stars will be announced at E3, but has Nintendo every announced a Pokemon game at E3?

I know Pokemon is big in the west too but E3 is way more western focused, Pokemon games are usually announced by the Pokemon company or Nintendo Directs.

I feel like a ND before E3 would be the way they announce it, of course it will get its first western hands on and gameplay at E3 but the announcement will come sooner.

edit
I see Dystify posted the proof to my question on the other page, its never happened

XandBosch

I honestly don't believe that if there is a 3rd game, that it would be on the Switch. Main games are always on the handhelds...even though Switch is a console that you can use as a handheld. I have had my doubts about that rumor of Pokémon Star being for Switch.

871.gif

Are we actually still not over this yet? Switch is handheld, get over it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Pokemon announcement incoming?

Atheerios

Strange that people still doubt Eurogamer after they nailed the Switch's design and concept

Well to be fair there are lots of way they could get that information: third-party developers, Indies, etc.

However Stars is a first-party title and we all know how secretive Nintendo can be. They would need a direct source inside Nintendo that knows about future titles.

Neoxon

People keep saying Pokemon stars will be announced at E3, but has Nintendo every announced a Pokemon game at E3?

I know Pokemon is big in the west too but E3 is way more western focused, Pokemon games are usually announced by the Pokemon company or Nintendo Directs.

I feel like a ND before E3 would be the way they announce it, of course it will get its first western hands on and gameplay at E3 but the announcement will come sooner.

edit
I see Dystify posted the proof to my question on the other page, its never happened
Same, TPC has typically done mainline Pokémon reveals separate from E3. I can't see Stars (if it's real) being any different.

Even if the rumours were solid at the time the details could still be in flux. MCV talked about Mario and Pokémon coming within 6 months of launch but I doubt either is.

JazzmanZ

edit
Pokemon Rangers was revealed in the 2008 direct

Even if the rumours were solid at the time the details could still be in flux. MCV talked about Mario and Pokémon coming within 6 months of launch but I doubt either is.
Mario may not be coming in 6 months, but it is coming this year and that's about 8-9 months. Also, if you read MCV's entire article it sounds like something that would've made sense with what the Switch is as we know it. It makes the MCV rumor look even more real to me.

Neoxon

Strange that people still doubt Eurogamer after they nailed the Switch's design and concept
I think LKD trusting her sources too much (& in turn, us trusting her) kinda impacted how we see leakers, including actual gaming news sites like Eurogamer.

That said, EG has been on the ball with their Switch reports, so I don't have much reason to doubt them right now. Granted, they're all still rumors, but still. But if their VC or Stars scoops don't pan out, then we can begin to question Eurogamer.

Pokemon Rangers was revealed in the 2008 direct
That's not a mainline Pokémon game made by Game Freak.

doop_

Banned
We will know before the 13th. Corocoro will talk about the new game if it is revealed this month. I am 98% certain.

Mario may not be coming in 6 months, but it is coming this year and that's about 8-9 months. Also, if you read MCV's entire article it sounds like something that would've made sense with what the Switch is as we know it. It makes the MCV rumor look even more real to me.

Sure I wasn't casting doubt on that being real, just pointing out how things can turn out inaccurate even if they were solid at the time.

We will know before the 13th. Corocoro will talk about the new game if it is revealed this month. I am 98% certain.

As someone who doesn't follow the whole Corocoro cycle too closely, what happens on the 13th? Is that when a new issue comes out? Do they ever leak beforehand?

871.gif

Are we actually still not over this yet? Switch is handheld, get over it.

How about you dont get so needlessly hostile....

Anyway i think what people are saying is that hand held as it may be, it is still an hd system. Most of the ds developers expecially from nintendos first party have little to no experience with hd development which is why i dont suddenly expect a bunch of ds franchises to suddenky make the jump

Interfectum

Switch is both (aka hybrid) so the rules you are saying Nintendo/Game Freak have don't really apply here. Switch will get a mainline Pokemon game... whether it be Stars or not is debatable though.

tolkir

Eurogamer later gave us an update when their NoA sources chimed in. They would have done the same with Stars if they heard that it would also be 3DS-bound. EG instead doubled down on their earlier Stars report.

The update was after to watch Zelda trailer and said that it was because of Europe release and this one could be delayed too. Sorry but I don't believe the source.

Neoxon

The update was after to watch Zelda trailer and said that it was because of Europe release and this one could be delayed too. Sorry but I don't believe the source.
The update article was put up before the Switch Presentation.

I think this is another instance of where people are reading too much into one small detail, and will inevitably be disappointed when it isn't the case.

tolkir

The update article was put up before the Switch Presentation.

True, my fault there, but still sounds me bad.
Mario Odyssey ready to launch in March if Zelda didn't arrive, doesn't make sense. Nintendo must be have schedules to finish games, I don't think that it can have a game in the oven 1 year.

Neoxon

Mario Odyssey ready to launch in March if Zelda didn't arrive, doesn't make sense. Nintendo must be have schedules to finish games, I don't think that it can have a game in the oven 1 year.
Nintendo already confirmed that Mario was almost done as of January, so it meeting launch wouldn't have been impossible. How they'll spend the extra dev time is beyond me, but I remember hearing that there would have been a demo ready for the press if Odyssey wasn't so far off.

We heard shortly after the January reveal that Odyssey was "considerably finished." It wouldn't have been ideal, but it's pretty apparent they had contingencies in place if necessary.

XandBosch

That's because sold and marketed as a console. Stars will be on 3DS.

I'm putting money on it being on Switch. There are quite a few clues out there that really really hint at it, and it just makes sense for Nintendo. If they can ramp up production, have a Mario and Pokemon for Christmas, the Switch will sell like fucking crazy.

Except I'm not sure if TPC would want to share the reveal of Stars with info on ARMS, assuming that Stars is even real.

Yeah, you may be right. With ARMS content releasing in short weekly videos. It's just strange how little we know about the full game still, with review copies being sent out fairly soon.

Is it confirmed there is a significant SP mode beyond smaller modes like the one shown at the last Direct?

I thought they had said in interviews that there would be a single player mode. I don't recall us seeing any footage of that (beyond just playing against CPUs).

Neoxon

Yeah, you may be right. With ARMS content releasing in short weekly videos. It's just strange how little we know about the full game still, with review copies being sent out fairly soon.
How soon are we talking? I get that ARMS is coming out close to E3 (so they'll have to get review copies out a little sooner than usual), but I'm not sure an entire month ahead of time would really be necessary.

Yup. GAF is arguing about A and B when the Switch is C. It's so tedious.

Where's the fun if you can't argue that Switch is A or B to fit whatever random argument you're trying to make at the time? /s

Anyway, I really don't think the form factor will keep Game Freak from making a Pokemon game on Switch. Sun/Moon already felt like what I'd expect of a "console" Pokemon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom