• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon are we talking? I get that ARMS is coming out close to E3 (so they'll have to get review copies out a little sooner than usual), but I'm not sure an entire month ahead of time would really be necessary.

Could be as soon as 2 weeks from now-

Yeah I think it's the 16th, I'm not aware exactly when review copies are going out but I imagine we'll get them in around 2 weeks. There will probably be a lot of coverage soon.

Neoxon

Where's the fun if you can't argue that Switch is A or B to fit whatever random argument you're trying to make at the time? /s

Anyway, I really don't think the form factor will keep Game Freak from making a Pokemon game on Switch. Sun/Moon already felt like what I'd expect of a "console" Pokemon game.
Plus Game Freak already began to dial back the 3DS functionality, like the lessened use of the 2nd screen, with Sun/Moon.

Could be as soon as 2 weeks from now-
Well holy shit. I'd imagine that we'll find out about the other 3 leaked characters in the near future.

Clessidor

If really a direct is upon us then I would expect Pokemon specific as well. Otherwise I'm really taking this prediction with a grain of salt. It's still sund a little bit too shady^^

Can't deny it now that the Mario RPG is real. I'm going have to buy a Switch sooner now but it works for me since I really wanna play Zelda.

iVHfwLc.gif

Curious to see how they handle Stars. I wonder if there will be both a 3DS version and a Switch version, given that the Switch is still very new.

But with the Switch and Switch Software selling really well, they may well be able to stick with Switch alone.

Regiruler

This seems like the most likely scenario.

IF Arms was getting its own Direct, they would of saved Helix
They needed Helix out because he was playable in the invitational.

ARMS needs focused time similar to the Splatoon direct that preceeded its release.

FerozElMejor

Neo Member
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1+2 to the west!

Or I can be realistic and wait for the Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga DX and a new Pokémon game, both for 3DS.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1+2 to the west!

Or I can be realistic and wait for the Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga DX and a new Pokémon game, both for 3DS.
I'd buy a Switch right there, right then, at the obscenely inflated price it's been sold at here if Nintendo or Capcom announced a localization of The Great Ace Attorney.

So LKD posted on twitter to expect Pokémon announced for Switch at E3.

I know she doesn't have the best track record, but let's say that's true then that space could be for the Digital Event or it's a Direct for something else like ARMS or other general Switch stuff like Virtual Console!

She could be giving a prediction and she knows it's real, but not 100% sure when it's going to be revealed.

If Laura Kate Dale is right and Pokemon Stars is announced at E3 I will take any back any negative thoughts I had about her.

Also I will do the conga wearing a Pikachu outfit and put it on YouTube.

...no maybe not...

coughlanio

I still have my copy of Sun sealed. I'd be all over a version I can play on my TV.

I suspect it will be on both 3DS and Switch, with Switch exclusive features.

NateDrake

I'm gonna go ahead and REALLY hope your hunch is spot-on.

I feel like this E3 (and things leading up to it) is going to be crazy.

If my hunch is right (again this is speculation) I don't think it will be this week. My gut feeling is for next week or the week after.

Neoxon

If Laura Kate Dale is right and Pokemon Stars is announced at E3 I will take any back any negative thoughts I had about her.

Also I will do the conga wearing a Pikachu outfit and put it on YouTube.

...no maybe not...
As mentioned earlier, the Pokémon Stars report originated from Eurogamer, not Laura Kate Dale.

NateDrake

but what content is the question...

That is a good question. My guess would be an ARMS or Pokemon Direct. ARMS would make sense because of its release date - June 16. The review embargo would likely lift during (or even before) E3, so focusing on the game during the E3 Presentation would be a waste of time. They still need to explain and detail other features/modes the game may have.

To my knowledge, mainline Pokemon games have never been announced at E3 (correct me if I'm wrong). Several Pokemon titles have been announced in May.

Of course a Direct Mini could also be a possibility as Nintendo has hosted one before E3 to offload some of the smaller things that won't get prime attention during their E3 Presentation.

Again: All this is speculation on my part. If we look at the history of Nintendo Directs, I think the odds favor an ARMS Direct.

Astral Dog

Regardless of the platform choice(s), I look forward to seeing GF make Sun and Moon even better.

If the direct is a week from now it'll be around a month between directs. A direct a month isn't too abnormal.
But witv E3 so soon and a Direct on april this IS pretty abnormal. I dont expect much tbh if anything before E3

No one expected more Donkey Kong, which is why there was so much rage when Tropical Freeze was announced.
The first sold a lot.

I thought it was logical seeing as their last games were trilogy. L Then again they was during a time people wanted Metriod back in HD

No one expected more Donkey Kong, which is why there was so much rage when Tropical Freeze was announced.
Even better was the "Why is Retro being forced to work on Donkey Kong?" Thread. Then the interview that followed that stated that DK was what they wanted and chose to work on,

fossi8

Why are we speculating about Stars? Sorry i dont get it, is there sometjing that points directly to pokemon or is just a mere speculation (desire)?

Oh shit I literally ALWAYS forget about Golden Week. Yeah, so in the next 6-13 days seems likely to me.
That's the only reason why I think we get the E3 plans this week. It's been either the first week or second week of May. And Golden Week doesn't impact Nintendo of America announcing their plans since E3 is for America.

d+pad

I know everyone is sure this Direct (if it actually happens) will focus on Pokemon Stars, but has anyone thought it could be some sort of Mario-themed Direct?

After all, the rumor about Mario & Luigi DX hitting the 3DS just popped up, and new rumors have come out about that Mario x Rabbids RPG this week--maybe there's a reason for that?

And, who knows, maybe we'll get another glimpse at Super Mario Odyssey or something like that...

jonno394

I know everyone is sure this Direct (if it actually happens) will focus on Pokemon Stars, but has anyone thought it could be some sort of Mario-themed Direct?

After all, the rumor about Mario & Luigi DX hitting the 3DS just popped up, and new rumors have come out about that Mario x Rabbids RPG this week--maybe there's a reason for that?

And, who knows, maybe we'll get another glimpse at Super Mario Odyssey or something like that...

Yeah that's the other potential i see. But seeing as Pokemon has never been an e3 reveal, I'm still backing that to be the focus over Mario.

Dystify

I said earlier Pokémon has never been announced at E3. I gotta wonder if Laura Kate Dale is basing her words on knowledge or if she's just speculating. Either way, just cause it never happened doesn't mean it won't ever happen. Based on the past I would personally bet against an announcement at E3 though.

I think Pokémon by itself would bring a lot of momentum and hype to Switch so imo it makes sense to give it its own event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom