• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC performance thread

SliChillax

Guys please help. My game is running really bad it's unplayable. I haven't made any changes to the graphics options and other games work fine. This happened after the second crash in system rift.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Guys please help. My game is running really bad it's unplayable. I haven't made any changes to the graphics options and other games work fine. This happened after the second crash in system rift.

As cliche as it sounds, check your drivers? That's the first thing I do when I notice random performance degradation and it's usually the culprit.

mosdl

Get the same thing in Prague. Nearly locked 60fps except for a couple spots that without fail bring the fps down to the 40s. Don't think there's anything they can or will do about that.

I can only assume its a streaming thing. There is one wall that just staring at it keeps the fps at 46, really bizarre. Places like Golem city though are nearly always smooth 60 though.

Any benchmarks?

DX11: Great CPU scaling, but still CPU limited on my unbalanced rig
dxmd_2016_09_24_22_01ops5d.png

DX12: Horrible CPU scaling, horribly CPU limited

jorimt

Eh boy...

Nvidia Driver: 372.90
Display: Acer Predator XB271HU
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2
CPU: i7-4770k @4.2GHz
Heatsink: Hyper 212 Evo w/2x Noctua NF-F12 Fans
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB
RAM: 16GB G.SKILL Sniper DDR3 @1866MHz
SSD (OS): 256GB Samsung 850 Pro
HDD (Games): 5TB Western Digital Black 7200 RPM/128MB Cache

29f2e278080086b804cb82ec2eb9db75.png

ce0afa398177077566179aafea8f8236.png

DX12 performs even worse (much worse) on my system now when directly compared to the original DX12 beta. DX11 performance meanwhile, is near identical to the last time I tested it (original results linked below):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216273844&postcount=2551

dr_rus

That's not how software development works.
That's exactly how s/w development works. The things which are considered important are being worked on first.

DX12 performs even worse (much worse) on my system now when directly compared to the original DX12 beta. DX11 performance meanwhile, is near identical to the last time I tested it (original results linked below):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216273844&postcount=2551

Mission accomplished then, this gaming is totally evolved.

dr_rus

I doubt the same people that are working on rendering code are those that are working on the input system.

The resources and priorities dictate what is being worked on in the first place. Same people won't be sitting idly doing nothing if they don't work on DXMD as there are always other projects.

tuxfool

Banned
The resources and priorities dictate what is being worked on in the first place. Same people won't be sitting idly doing nothing if they don't work on DXMD as there are always other projects.

But if the rendering people are bottlenecked taking the input guys off won't make dx12 go any faster.

Fixing Tobii EyeTracking is more important obviously.

What the hell is this Tobii thing anyways and what's the big deal about it in this game lol

They can do whatever they want at this point, I've already finished and shelved the game. I would love to play the System Rift DLC but I'll wait for the Steam sale before I bother.

ZOONAMI

Ps4 pro for this game vs 1070 and 4690k?

I was tempted to pick up the ps4 version at best buy today for $40ish with gcu.

SimplexPL

PS4 Pro version will not be native 4K - half of it at best. And at no more 30fps, at probably medium to high settings.
PC version does not necessarily need 4K as there is temporal AA which removes jaggies well (if not too well).
With 1070 you can get 60fps at 1080p at higher settings than on the consoles. Not to mention much shorter load times.

PS4 Pro version will not be native 4K - half of it at best. And at no more 30fps, at probably medium to high settings.
PC version does not necessarily need 4K as there is temporal AA which removes jaggies well (if not too well).
With 1070 you can get 60fps at 1080p at higher settings than on the consoles. Not to mention much shorter load times.

TAA is great, there really is no need for MSAA. It's only just a tad blurry but gets rid of all the aliasing.

RedSwirl

Finally started this game. Walked into it with my 1070 expecting to stomp it without even really thinking about it.

God damn.

So what are the suggested settings for that card? Stock speed. Right now I'm switching to temporal AA and turning off contact hardening shadows but leaving everything else at ultra.

RedSwirl

I didn't really think CPUs mattered that much if you had anything beyond an i5-2500k. I don't even overclock because I still haven't been shown tangible stock/OC peformance comparisons or any similar thing convincing me to do so outside brute-forcing ArmA 3's CPU optimization problems. Same for RAM anywhere above 8GB these days.

i5-4670k (stock speed)
8GB of RAM
GTX 1070 Windforce (stock speed)
Windows 10 Anniversary

RedSwirl

You may need to drop the textures to the second highest with 8gb of ram.

Really? Everybody (including Eidos) seemed to suggest that was only the case if you had less than 4GB.

Man, PC games need to start putting VRAM recommendations in the graphics settings. Shadow of Mordor did that right? I think Max Payne 3 did too.

Renekton

I didn't really think CPUs mattered that much if you had anything beyond an i5-2500k. I don't even overclock because I still haven't been shown tangible stock/OC peformance comparisons or any similar thing convincing me to do so outside brute-forcing ArmA 3's CPU optimization problems. Same for RAM anywhere above 8GB these days.

i5-4670k (stock speed)
8GB of RAM
GTX 1070 Windforce (stock speed)
Windows 10 Anniversary
Main RAM speed matters a lot nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/article/1171-ddr4-4000-mhz-performance/page3.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frNjT5R5XI4

Also DE:MD is particular about RAM size, so the 8GB deserves a second look.

Really? Everybody (including Eidos) seemed to suggest that was only the case if you had less than 4GB.

Man, PC games need to start putting VRAM recommendations in the graphics settings. Shadow of Mordor did that right? I think Max Payne 3 did too.

Sorry, I was referring to system ram not video ram.
Apparently this game uses quite a bit of ram, something like 13gb plus on the highest settings.

SimplexPL

The two biggest framerate sapping features are MSAA and Contact Hardening Shadows. Did you disable those and still cannot sustain 60fps in 1080p on a 1070?
Also, the built-in benchmark is not representative of the actual game, it is more taxing. So if you get say 40fps in the benchmark, you should get 60fps while playing.

ruddiger7

Banned
Have patches improved it much since launch? Also has dx12 support been released and how is that? I played with 980ti sli on launch and it was pretty garbage. Had to reduce it from 4k to 1440p just for it to be playable.

Dec

I played the entire game at launch with 6GB RAM and the only place it ever impacted the game was the hotspots of the main hub when you traveled quickly.

Edit: On a GTX 970 at high.

So I just got this game as a gift, started it up, and it immediately crashes the second i get to the title screen

I'm on windows 7, gtx 780

Are there any common, known issues or something?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Tried the benchmark on a new 1080p monitor.

i5-6500
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM

DX11
Fullscreen: On
Exclusive Fullscreen: On
Resolution: 1920x1080
MSAA: Off
Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
VSync: Off
Stereoscopic 3D: Off
Texture Quality: Ultra
Texture Filtering: 16x Anisotropic
Shadow Quality: High
Ambient Occlusion: Very High
Contact Hardening Shadows: On
Parallax Occlusion Mapping: High
Depth of Field: Ultra
Level of Detail: Very High
Volumetric Lighting: On
Screenspace Reflections: On
Temporal Anti-Aliasing: On
Motion Blur: On
Sharpen: On
Bloom: On
Lens Flares: On
Cloth Physics: On
Subsurface Scattering: On
Chromatic Aberration: Off
Tessellation: On

The benchmark results are:

Average: 49.1 FPS
Minimum: 39.6 FPS
Maximum: 61.0 FPS

These results seem appropriate for my hardware?

Top Bottom