• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DeutschGAF |OT4| ger.mansplaining

GlamFM

Banned
Toll, wenn sie nun noch ne Option geben das Motion-Blur auszuschalten kann ich den scheiß vielleicht auch endlich mal weiterspielen >.<!
Oder gibt's die endlich? hab vor 2 Updates die Hoffnung aufgegeben

Weiss ich nicht. Mir war es aber auch nie störend aufgefallen.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Hey DeutschGAF,

I've posted a couple times in here asking random questions and I don't know if I already said this but I'm moving to Siegen, Germany in September for a year. I did want to formally introduce myself in German but I'm still very early in my studies of the language (hopefully the first months' intensive course sorts that out a little bit). I figured I may try and post here a little bit and practise my language skills if that's cool.

I wondered also if you could suggest some cool German stuff:

• German Films and TV
    I'm having a hard time finding films and TV, other than Goodbye Lenin, das Boot and a weird police drama about the Russian Mafia that I didn't really understand. Do you guys have any suggestions? I like comedy, historical, fantasy and pretty much everything except horror which I only really watch with friends.
  • Music
    I really like German rap but I think I need to reach out a little. You guys got any cool playlists on Spotify or something? I like a bit of everything.. Rock/Metal/EDM/Rap/Alt/Fusion/Jazz/Funk/Blues/Pop etc.
  • Scientific Terminology
    Any Physics/Engineering youtubers that I can watch to learn equivalent terms so when I rock up to Uni in October I'm not reduced to a sweaty mess

Germany hasn't always been somewhere I've thought of living but now I'm really excited to start this adventure! Also terrified as this is the biggest challenge I've taken on to date. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Ladekabel

Hey DeutschGAF,

I've posted a couple times in here asking random questions and I don't know if I already said this but I'm moving to Siegen, Germany in September for a year. I did want to formally introduce myself in German but I'm still very early in my studies of the language (hopefully the first months' intensive course sorts that out a little bit). I figured I may try and post here a little bit and practise my language skills if that's cool.

• German Films and TV
    I'm having a hard time finding films and TV, other than Goodbye Lenin, das Boot and a weird police drama about the Russian Mafia that I didn't really understand. Do you guys have any suggestions? I like comedy, historical, fantasy and pretty much everything except horror which I only really watch with friends.
  • Music
    I really like German rap but I think I need to reach out a little. You guys got any cool playlists on Spotify or something? I like a bit of everything.. Rock/Metal/EDM/Rap/Alt/Fusion/Jazz/Funk/Blues/Pop etc.
  • Scientific Terminology
    Any Physics/Engineering youtubers that I can watch to learn equivalent terms so when I rock up to Uni in October I'm not reduced to a sweaty mess

Germany hasn't always been somewhere I've thought of living but now I'm really excited to start this adventure! Also terrified as this is the biggest challenge I've taken on to date. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

For movies I quote my post from a couple of pages back.

There are no good german films.

Don't know if it's on US Netflix but maybe check out Knocking on Heaven's Door. Although I'm not a huge fan, there is a good movie hidden in Toni Erdmann. Lammbock is alright, too, as is Soul Kitchen. Heard good things about a movie called Chico.

And stay away from German comedy movies. They're often (unintentional) racist, homophobe and don't have good humour.

Music I can recommend Die Ärzte and Herbert Grönemeyer. The latter might be hard to understand. German rap The Beginners, Dendemann and Ali As come to mind.

Can't help with the Youtubers. Sorry.

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
Hey DeutschGAF,

Oh hello and soon welcome to the best part of germany then! >:D

So about movies:
My friends are big fans of "Toni Erdmann" which was quite a success.
"Das Experiment" was one of my favourite movies I watched in school... But haven't watched many tbh.
Just pls stay away from romantic comedies... They are just really trashy and not in the good way.

The only german music I actually listen to and love to is Chakuza. He is a melancholic rapper, but I think his language is pretty clear, although he has a small speech impediment which I got used to pretty fast. Not sure how it would work for you. ^^"
If you can work with this example song, I'd recommend the album EXIT. :3

Pennywise

Hey DeutschGAF,

• German Films and TV
  • Music
  • Scientific Terminology

Since you're coming to Germany soon enough, I don't think you should focus on German movies.
Just watch whatever you like as everything is dubbed anyway.

I would suggest my favorite band Turbostaat, but their lyrics are cryptic as fuck at times and it's already hard to get the full context at times as a native speaker.

And don't be afraid.
People in general are pretty helpful and Universities are usually really well prepared and handling their international students rather well.

Btw. if you want to see Premier League matches, the rights in Germany are with the streaming service DAZN.
Costs 10€ per month with German commentators though :p

Milchmann

• German Films and TV

That weird police drama was probably Im Angesicht des Verbrechens.

Some German (and Austrian) movies of the past years I recommend:
Toni Erdmann, Er ist wieder da, Victoria, Who Am I, Das finstere Tal, Das weiße Band, Fack ju Göhte (not because it is good, but it's the most successful German movie in recent time)

Good German TV shows are rare for various reasons, but there are some:
Deutschland 83 (show about an undercover Stasi spy in West Germany, was successful outside of Germany, but not in Germany)
Weissensee (another show about the GDR and Stasi, in my opinion better than Deutschland 83, but requires some knowledge about the GDR)
Stromberg (inofficial German version of The Office)
Jerks (similar to Curb Your Enthusiasm)
Tatortreiniger (Comedy about a crime scene cleaner, I'm not really a fan but it always gets recommended)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Hey DeutschGAF,

• German Films and TV
  • Music
  • Scientific Terminology

mh, there is a channel for high-school students that helps them with physics questions.
would that be a start? https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSimplePhysics

and here is an introduction to physics by the universty of vienna https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q182S0zjqfw&list=PLrWrjvhC1dob6zYX6yuQq9X9P2GZNvu8k
and then there is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YfLgD_V0Pg Quarks and Co. is something I watched every week in the past

oh and you should try to get your hands on some more episodes of Quarks & Co. it is dumbed down so even the most uneducated person understands it, but should help you too :)

Edit: I just found the documentation the physics of star trek in german: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml0fO9u59WE

Music: I'm to afraid to post my music taste in german, b/c people in here would be mean to me ._.

Music: I'm to afraid to post my music taste in german, b/c people in here would be mean to me ._.

giphy.gif

Du magst halt was du magst und wenn andere ein Problem damit haben, dann lass es nicht zu deinem werden. Meine Güte.

Irminsul

Some German (and Austrian) movies of the past years I recommend:
Toni Erdmann, Er ist wieder da, Victoria, Who Am I, Das finstere Tal, Das weiße Band, Fack ju Göhte (not because it is good, but it's the most successful German movie in recent time)
Just a comment on that one: Don't fret if you don't understand everything. A lot of people in this film talk in a South Tyrolean dialect. It's very, very tame in comparison to the real deal, but it's still not really dialect-free. It's a pretty good film, though.

Donos

Hey DeutschGAF...

Welcome. I don't envy anybody who has to learn german :).

About german comedies/RomComs: pretty light hearted are the movies from/with Til Schweiger (yeah some hate them):

Keinohrhasen
Zweiohrküken
Kokowääh
Schutzengel
Kokowääh 2
Honig im Kopf
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Wo ist Fred?
Männerherzen
Barfuss

Soul Kitchen is also not that bad (not related to Schweiger).

Violet_0

Banned

Bushido

gibt genug sehr gute deutsche Filme, nur die werden meistens für Fernsehn produziert oder sind art house und man vergisst schnell wieder die Titel nachdem man die gesehen hat

hab mir gestern Bloodborne und Rachet & Clank im summer sale geholt. Bin in BB bis father G. gekommen, genervt R&C gestartet und bin jetzt schon bei der letzten Mission. Sind beides gute Spiele. Zum Abschluss nocheinmal father G. ausprobiert, hab den Trick mit den Grabsteinen herausgefunden, aber die zweite Form kann mich 100 > 0 und das ist frustrierend. Die Peitsche ist anscheinend nicht so toll gegen Bosse und Ich weiß immer noch nicht, wie genau man die Schußwaffen timen soll e: blunderbuss gegen pistole getauscht, father G. down, eazy

KHlover

Banned
Mein Projektleiter hat heute Morgen das E-Wort ausgesprochen, das jeden Leiharbeitnehmer glücklich machen sollte &#128525;

Ich bin wie der Wind
von meiner Vergangenheit nicht mehr zugreifen

Und sowas läuft im Radio

So selten Flugrakete,
bin mehr so Zugverspätung,
doch die Ernte kommt immer,
mann es ist gut gesät und
ich hab keinen Stress mit Warten,
geh auch durch schlechte Phasen,
ich bin geduldig und nehme zum
Schluss die besten Karten.
Und fällt der Jenga-Turm,
egal gibt eh Verlängerung,
Halt neuer Plan dann,
ey Leben ist Veränderung.

Die Krönung der deutschen Musikindustrie. Herzlichen Glückwunsch.

Ladekabel

Mein Projektleiter hat heute Morgen das E-Wort ausgesprochen, das jeden Leiharbeitnehmer glücklich machen sollte &#128525;

Eiscreme?
Glückwunsch, wenn es klappen sollte.

So selten Flugrakete,
bin mehr so Zugverspätung,
doch die Ernte kommt immer,
mann es ist gut gesät und
ich hab keinen Stress mit Warten,
geh auch durch schlechte Phasen,
ich bin geduldig und nehme zum
Schluss die besten Karten.
Und fällt der Jenga-Turm,
egal gibt eh Verlängerung,
Halt neuer Plan dann,
ey Leben ist Veränderung.

Die Krönung der deutschen Musikindustrie. Herzlichen Glückwunsch.

"Wow, diese Zeilen sprechen mich so an und beschreiben meine Situation genau. Es ist, als ob ich in einen Spiegel gucke. Danke Max Giesinger." Sind Sätze, die ich schon gehört habe.

KHlover

Banned
Eiscreme?
Glückwunsch, wenn es klappen sollte.

"Wow, diese Zeilen sprechen mich so an und beschreiben meine Situation genau. Es ist, als ob ich in einen Spiegel gucke. Danke Max Giesinger." Sind Sätze, die ich schon gehört habe.
Jo, in trockenen Tüchern ist das noch lange nicht. Bis jetzt existiert nur die Aussage, dass er mich will. Da is noch keine Stelle ausgeschrieben. Jemand anderes ein paar Ebenen weiter oben hatte vor ein paar Monaten zwar auch schon Andeutungen gemacht, letztendlich liegt die Entscheidung aver bei der GF und dem Betriebsrat. Vlt hilft es ja, dass es ziemlich teuer ist mich zu leihen. Gibt ja viele Jobs, bei denen ein Leiharbeiter mit einer Marge von gerade 10-20% oder so ausgeliehen werden, bei mir sind das dagegen eher so 300-400%. Sprich für die Kosten eines AÜG-Vertrags mit einer Laufzeit von einem Jahr und drei Optionen von einem Jahr (was bei dem Unternehmen so der Standard ist) könnte ich locker über 10 Jahre als Eigenpersonal arbeiten. Einfach mal überraschen lassen. Da ich bei meiner jetzigen Firma auch gut verdiene und nen unbefristeten Vertrag habe kann ich das ganz entspannt auf mich zukommen lassen.

Donos

Mein Projektleiter hat heute Morgen das E-Wort ausgesprochen, das jeden Leiharbeitnehmer glücklich machen sollte &#55357;&#56845;

Entfristung? Glückwunsch.

Warte diese Woche noch auf Meldung, ob ich meine Stelle bei Öff.Dienst bekomme...

KHlover

Banned
Entfristung? Glückwunsch.

Warte diese Woche noch auf Meldung, ob ich meine Stelle bei Öff.Dienst bekomme...
Der AÜG-Vertrag ist zeitlich zwar auch befristet, aber da ich nicht direkt beim Unternehmen angestellt bin würde es Entfristung nicht ganz treffen.

Auflösung: Das Wort ist Eigenpersonal. Hoffentlich unbefristet lol.

Leiharbeiter in einem IG Metall Betrieb verdienen nichtmal so schlecht.

Nach 9 Monaten gibt es 50% mehr Stundenlohn + Auslöse, was bedeutet die verdienen sogar ein wenig mehr als die Stammbelegschaft (natürlich haben die den Vorteil, dass sie Abends zu Hause schlafen können und nicht in ner Montageunterkunft).
Und nach 15 Monaten gibt es dann 65% und sind mit der Auslöse sogar über dem Niveau der Stammbelegschaft.
Wir haben echt Probleme aus den guten Leiharbeitern Stammkräfte zu gewinnen.

Werksverträge sind ein Witz jedoch...

KHlover

Banned
Rein vom Lohn her würde ich (zu Beginn) auch nicht sooo viel mehr verdienen. Die Vorteile liegen anderswo.

1. Das Unternehmen wird zu 100% vom Staat finanziert.

2. Trotzdem in BG BCE (suck it, TVöD!!!), mit allen Vorteilen die daraus entstehen.

3. Starker Betriebsrat

4. Gute Sozialleistungen (Betriebsrente etc)

5. 37,5 Stunden die Woche, tatsächlich werden 38,5h gearbeitet und damit die Brückentage vorgearbeitet. Effektiv kommt man damit auf 38 freie Tage (Feiertage nicht mit eingerechnet) im Jahr.

EDIT:

6. Aufstiegschancen, die sind mit meiner Qualifikation in dem Unternehmen ganz gut und im jetztigen schlichtweg nicht vorhanden.

Hammer24

Banned
You've got my attention!

Phantastische Maps, nicht nur optisch, sondern auch mit vielen Möglichkeiten die Missionen anzugehen, und hohem replay Potential. Klasse abgestimmte Charaktere, deren verschiedene Skills man super kombinieren kann. Setting und Story passen.
Ich hab ein paar kleine Probleme mit der Controller Steuerung - aber nix, was den Spielspaß einschränken würde.

PS: Insbesondere für den Preis ein echter no brainer.

Ladekabel

Phantastische Maps, nicht nur optisch, sondern auch mit vielen Möglichkeiten die Missionen anzugehen, und hohem replay Potential. Klasse abgestimmte Charaktere, deren verschiedene Skills man super kombinieren kann. Setting und Story passen.
Ich hab ein paar kleine Probleme mit der Controller Steuerung - aber nix, was den Spielspaß einschränken würde.

PS: Insbesondere für den Preis ein echter no brainer.

Hatte mal ewig die PC Demo installiert, bevor ich die gelöscht habe ohne zu spielen. Werde es mir holen, allerdings mal günstiger in einem Steam Sale.

Commandos nie gespielt, aber gerne beim Desperados Spielen zugeguckt.

Hammer24

Banned
Ich war vier, als das rauskam. Das einzige, was ich da kannte war ein Gameboy mit Tetris und das Super Nintendo von einem Kindergartenfreund mit Super Mario World.

Das entschuldigt keine eklatanten Bildungslücken. Du solltest deine Eltern / Erziehungsberechtigte / Bezugspersonen nachträglich wegen grob fahrlässiger / vorsätzlicher Vernachlässigung anzeigen. Ein Skandal!

KHlover

Banned
War Commandos nicht früher sogar mal bei den Kellogs Frühstücksflocken dabei? Oder war das doch Desperados? Eins von beiden...

Top Bottom