• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEVASTATION 2011 | Gaming tournament & convention | October 6-9

JeTmAn81 said:
Stream the worst matches you've ever seen. Don't have a grand final between Viscant and Chrisis. Trollvastation 2011.

Why should they fight when they just need the top 2 in that pool?

BY2K said:
Yeah but he didn't played MVC. Is there more than one MVC tournament?

Yes.

The pools are mini tournaments where the 1st and second place players get out.

USD

Send forth the salt.

salthur18ukz.gif

salthur27u8z.gif

Wait wait wait.

People who make it out of losers bracket no longer have a loss on their records and top 8 is just another double elim tournament?

Craaaaazy.

Dahbomb

Oh I see now... yeah he got flustered during the LVL3 and mashed XF to avoid the chip.

That is Mahvel 101. DO NOT MASH X FACTOR!

Dahbomb

Hey at least F Champ didn't get hit by that ONE OFF Phoenix glitch where she gets hit and killed but doesn't transform.

He probably would've ended his MVC3 career there and died from sodium poisoning.

USD

Hahaha, I think I remember that Marvin guy at ReveLAtions or EVO, one of those.

Oh yeah, he was in the Kayo EVO vid. That's why he has the "Foreign Gamer" tag.

Dahbomb said:
Hey at least F Champ didn't get hit by that ONE OFF Phoenix glitch where she gets hit and killed but doesn't transform.

He probably would've ended his MVC3 career there and died from sodium poisoning.

That much salt huh?

No wonder ShadyK and Viscant were in the same marvel bracket. I'm going to guess the box arena crew traveled to devastation together, so they all play on the same day.

Whats with the headphones everybody is wearing?

Are those official? There is a way to have those EVO monitors have audio outputs to 2 headphones like that?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Is there a link to the brackets?

EDIT: And would people stop laughing at Brawl, please? Jesus, it's a good game.

FishStix

Neo Member
Hey GAF, I'm at DEVASTATION :D

I made a list of all the top players I knew of before I saw this thread - has a few that weren't mentioned in OP. Here's my list:

Notable Players:
Justin Wong, Latif, Wolfkrone, Alex Valle, Ricky Ortiz, FChamp, Combofiend, fLoE, Mike Ross, Gootecks, Juicebox, PR Balrog, MaRN, Viscant, Yipes, Noel Brown, Noah the Prodigy, L2P, Kineda, Tom Brady, TwistedJago, Rip, Aris, ShadyK, Chrisis, Fanatiq.

I could be missing some people still, but this should be fairly complete.

also,

Prizes:
SSF4AE - $5000
MvC3 - $5000
MK9 - $1000
Tekken 6 - $500

FishStix

Neo Member
USD said:
You're almost never going to get brackets for major tournaments.
The DEVASTATION organization is working with BeyondGaming to produce the brackets - the bracketing software was supposed to be done before the event... and is being worked on right now. Will post links once they are available.

Top Bottom