• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEVASTATION 2011 | Gaming tournament & convention | October 6-9

FishStix

Neo Member
Conceited said:
Oh cool, didn't know Ben had an account here. Welcome man.
heh I made it a long time ago like "wtf is NeoGAF? DAMN there are hella people here :eek:." And then I couldn't post for a whole goddamned year. Now I can finally post... but still can't post threads :'(

FishStix

Neo Member
and then I got scared away when the Kotaku eSports article came out and NeoGAF was like "YEAH FUCK ESPORTS BRO THAT'S DUMB SHIT"

and then I was like WTF but u like fighting games?? y u no like rest of esports?

and then..

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Please tell me there's more Marvel later.

Or at least some Street Fighter.

Tekken is killing me here. (No reflection on the actual game. Just not as fun to watch.)

Htown said:
Please tell me there's more Marvel later.

Or at least some Street Fighter.

Tekken is killing me here. (No reflection on the actual game. Just not as fun to watch.)
Stream 2 has MK.

That has fireballs at least!

Conceited said:
P. Hawk on blast.
Looks like he saw my tweet.
KuGsj.gif

Htown said:
wait so what were they arguing about? also, what was the resolution?
Kai hit tag so he started Zero, but he wanted to start Wesker so he quit out before the round and the other guy wanted a DQ for the pause.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Htown said:

A-Rush wanted to disqualify Killer for going back to Character Select. (They were in-game, but the matche didn't actually started.)

Htown said:

Killer Kai must have rushed through the rematch screen so he pressed paused to go to character select at the very start of the match (I think it was even before the announcer said start) because he wanted to change team order and A-Rush was arguing that since he paused that it should have been a DQ.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Professor Beef said:
Details plz.

EDIT: This Spiderman is fucking amazing to watch, even though he is terrible at hit confirming. I feel like this is how spidey would have been meant to be played.

enzo_gt said:
Details plz.
A player by the name of A-Rush tried to play rules lawyer against KillerKai (at least I think it was him) because Kai was pushing buttons after the character select screen and accidentally had Zero start before the match began instead of Wesker. So before the match actually started (you know, during the "READY" flash), Kai paused and went back to the character select screen. A-Rush tried to get him DQ'd because he paused. After some arguing, they played anyways and A-Rush STILL lost. Salt was palpable even through my screen, and he was bitching about it even after the next match, so they moved the camera off him in the background.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Professor Beef said:
A player by the name of A-Rush tried to play rules lawyer against KillerKai (at least I think it was him) because Kai was pushing buttons after the character select screen and accidentally had Zero start before the match began instead of Wesker. So before the match actually started (you know, during the "READY" flash), Kai paused and went back to the character select screen. A-Rush tried to get him DQ'd because he paused. After some arguing, they played anyways and A-Rush STILL lost. Salt was palpable even through my screen, and he was bitching about it even after the next match, so they moved the camera off him in the background.
:/

Dude looks pissed playing right now :lol

Mr Jared

Professor Beef said:

Uhg. I've had this happen before. People trying to game the rules over an honest mistake, even while no gameplay transpired. That's just fear of getting destroyed, wanting an easy way out.

The worst is when -- and this has happened plenty of times -- in SSF4 matches, someone will be down on life, get hit by an Ultra and while we're all watching the extended animation, the other person pauses on accident and they freak out, wanting a DQ. If no gameplay has occurred, the sporting thing to do is just let it go.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mr Jared said:
Uhg. I've had this happen before. People trying to game the rules over an honest mistake, even while no gameplay transpired. That's just fear of getting destroyed, wanting an easy way out.

The worst is when -- and this has happened plenty of times -- in SSF4 matches, someone will be down on life, get hit by an Ultra and while we're all watching the extended animation, the other person pauses on accident and they freak out, wanting a DQ. If no gameplay has occurred, the sporting thing to do is just let it go.
Yeah it's a display of a complete lack of sportsmanship IMO, you never see any of the regulars on streams try that shit, they let it rock win or lose cause they know: shit happens, and you should never try to take advantage of that shit.

USD

KillerKai was doing well, until he blew that Lvl.1 X-Factor during the last game. That pretty much sealed his fate.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
three pages and no one mentions Daigo. Does that mean he will not be in this tourney?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I love you NeoGAF.

And FishStix.

<3

USD said:
Seriously, MarkMan changes his look every tourney.

This shit works. No one recognized me here. I just walked by ppl and they were like... 'is that...'

Peaceful days <3

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FishStix said:
and then I got scared away when the Kotaku eSports article came out and NeoGAF was like "YEAH FUCK ESPORTS BRO THAT'S DUMB SHIT"

We like the games. I think the problem is the way everything is presented.

Plus FPS/RTS/ETC events are really corporate, while fighting game events are really grassroots.

Also, the term "eSports" is dumb.

I think the majority of the people who hate on eSports do so not because they're Debby Downers, but because they want it to be better than it is.

Anth0ny

Lost Fragment said:

Plus FPS/RTS/ETC events are really corporate, while fighting game events are really grassroots.

I think the majority of the people who hate on eSports do so not because they're Debby Downers, but because they want it to be better than it is.

Yeah most of GAF hates competitive gaming for some reason.

And are loud about it.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Lost Fragment said:

I actually quite enjoy watching RTS events, but all the esports fans who are constant evangelists get really annoying. They're always yelling SUPPORT ESPORTS and marvelling goggle-eyed at the people who DO SO MUCH FOR ESPORTS. They declare they're going to buy energy drinks and keyboards because the companies are sponsors so they can SUPPORT ESPORTS.

Top Bottom