• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHHHHHHH!!!! Quit the game and leave this thread because you literally force me to read things I don't like reading!

=P

I'd love to use a good pair of reaper wraps, but so far I can't seem to get one to spawn with fire dmg or crit chance.

Farming for the mats wouldn't be so bad, but you have to go through Panda fortress every time. Even more annoying than the spider caverns in act 1. Also, on Torment 3, he hasn't dropped the map in 5 kills. This is the highest torment I can handle him on =(

Seriously though. Panda fortress is terrible. Least favorite area in the game.

Taz

Why is unity "bugged"? It's working as intended (split damage). Immunities don't change that behavior.

It give out a flat 50% reduction if you have the follow legendary that makes it so they can't die, if you don't then the damage is split based follower stats I.e you take a lot more than they do, go test it your self it's clearly bugged , barbs ignore pain is a 50% reduction on a cooldown And only lasts 5 seconds yet you think Blizzard added a weird combo of items that give it perma.

Fularu

Banned
It give out a flat 50% reduction if you have the follow legendary that makes it so they can't die, if you don't then the damage is split based follower stats I.e you take a lot more than they do, go test it your self it's clearly bugged , barbs ignore pain is a 50% reduction on a cooldown And only lasts 5 seconds yet you think Blizzard added a weird combo of items that give it perma.
It's intentionnal and made to work that way.

Even if you take more damage than your follower when he doesn't have the legendary, you don't take more damage than you would if you had it.

That's because followers are supposed to take less damage than you do all the time (since it's easier than having a smart AI to make then stay out of damaging areas).

If all your party members had a unity, it would be a flat 75% damage mitigation before your own mitigation kicks in (which is why it's either useless or godlike depending on how many people have it).

ferr

I think the associated "bug" with Pride's Fall supports the case that this behavior is not intended.

If the unity follower combo is not a bug, then every single person in the game needs this. Doesn't that seem like an unintentional consequence? Why would this combination trump every item in the game?

Wow this complaining thing really does work.

I'd love to use a good pair of reaper wraps, but so far I can't seem to get one to spawn with fire dmg or crit chance.

ve6IPiZ.png

Guess I can just roll for more dex :)

Well, Blizz has been talking about allowing you to reset the rerolls on an item so you can choose a different stat. If they ever do that, I'll lose the extra dex. It's not making that big of a difference anyways.

J2d

I got my first barb set item after 70 some hours, but sadly they we're boots and I already have ice limbers so the set boosts are still as far away as they were before =/ still no chilaniks chain or link, I can't even remember its name..

Phenomic

So there's a blue post on the Battle.net forums that just explained that Tyreal is going to be receiving more dialogue and that he will talk less frequently than before with greater variety.

While it turned into more of a joke with me and my buddies this is kind of appreciated even if it doesn't effect the game at all.

For sure though he can stop cock blocking my main man Lorath and stop calling him out for trying to chat up Kadala.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505982373#5

eek5

Oh god. Lucky. I've been rolling wraps for days. I'm up to 6 for my DH lol

Eh that's nothing. I've rolled like 20 for my monk and none w/ lightning res... so yeah. Monk is so gooood!!!

I've had about 8 roll w/o any main stat either which is how any of myother cahrs have RW at all. LOL

I use one with 49% and it's dam noticable! Gargantuan hit so fast with it :)

Garg's APS doesn't increase but it gets accounted for in the damage it deals. The fetishes are the ones that have their actual attacks per second increase.

garath

Eh that's nothing. I've rolled like 20 for my monk and none w/ lightning res... so yeah. Monk is so gooood!!!

Garg's APS doesn't increase but it gets accounted for in the damage it deals. The fetishes are the ones that have their actual attacks per second increase.

I'd roll more but I'm completely out of Forgotten souls lol. I actually have a few decent drops in my stash just waiting on souls to reroll. I'm soul starved right now. Crafting is in a little bit of a tough place right now. Hard to get what you need. I'd almost rather pay an additional soul or something to guarantee a stat (like fire damage or crit chance).

Blizzard I'm going to quit everything Diablo unless you bless me with good drops! (this works now right?)

eek5

I'd roll more but I'm completely out of Forgotten souls lol. I actually have a few decent drops in my stash just waiting on souls to reroll. I'm soul starved right now. Crafting is in a little bit of a tough place right now. Hard to get what you need. I'd almost rather pay an additional soul or something to guarantee a stat (like fire damage or crit chance).

Blizzard I'm going to quit everything Diablo unless you bless me with good drops! (this works now right?)

Even if you got a ton of FS you hit a roadblock with blue dust. I think bracers need 120 a piece for some reason. Pain in the ass.

Boogdud

The complaining works? WELL, let me tell you, I've never gotten a single legendary ever in the history of diablo3 ever.

Not once, not even a really really perfectly rolled gryph, nor did I ever get a full set of Akkan, can you believe this shit!?

ferr

The complaining works? WELL, let me tell you, I've never gotten a single legendary ever in the history of diablo3 ever.

Not once, not even a really really perfectly rolled gryph, nor did I ever get a full set of Akkan, can you believe this shit!?

Also reverse psychology works. Reverse reverse psychology works on maintenance days. I have anecdotal evidence of it working half the time.

it helps if you threaten to quit :p

Which I will do if this lag keeps up.

th3dude

Hmm, according to Blue:

Kadala's decided that while she has no plan to stop pointing out your occasional paper weight purchases, she will pay more attention to the kinds of things her buyers would at least know how to use. In our next patch, Kadala will only give you items that you are able to equip, with a focus on class specific weapon type.

This will not change how she generates Legendary items, as those have always been class targeted. This is only a change to the rare items Kadala produces.

Legendary 1h from Kadala have an emphasis on class specific items and won't change. Does this mean that the current state is fine and I can continue spending Shards on 1h to get Gyrfalcons Foote?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505892002?page=3#45

Do you guys have a better method of gearing alts than playing normal mode until they find some decent stuff? I can play hand-me-down with my wizard gear to my witch doctor, but all my other classes are still terrible. Loot 2.0 is great and all but does make it hard to find gear for other characters.

I play with the same 4-5 people most of the time and everything that's good that we'd otherwise salvage we share for alts if anyone wants it (setpieces, hellcats, thundergods, decent 2.3k weaps that can get a socket, magefists, andariels, nemesis bracer , maximus etc, if you run alone or with randoms most of that stuff gets salvaged or kept as sidegrades)
Kadela is your second option
crafting is the third, you can fill at least 4 slots with aughilds+ ashaera or captain crimson and reapers wraps for bracer slot as well

Based on T6 clears,

1 Barb/Crusader
2 WD
3 Wiz
4 Monk

No point listing DH because T6 isn't really farmable for them at the moment unless you like dieing lots.

Based on fresh 70 using rares and a few crafted legendarys.

1 Wiz/WD/DH
2 Monk
3 Barb
4 Crusader

would you say lightning barb is viable on t6? I can roll t3 pretty comfortably dmg wise but other than better weapons and one more IK piece for the 4set bonus I'm pretty much done gearwise, and HP scales so much

OT: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/38215974
my WD profile , made the char 2 days ago and just put some hand me downs from my retired wizard on him + kadela gave me jeram, thing of the deep and an ok magefist

What changes do I need to make to deal with trash better?
I'm overkilling the shit out of elites on t2 and rift bosses with the massive upto 230m crits from the gargantuan and the high single target dmg from fetishes, but the damage against groups of regular enemies is lackluster
I 'd move to t3 or t4 if I had to a way to do more aoe damage

Tarsul

oh, so 1h legendaries from kadala have a very good chance on being class items? Seems like that will be the next thing I will go to after I finally get my SoJ.

btw. i joined rift it forward and... yeah, didnt get the chance to get in a game because others are always faster than me. But whatever. I'll try it again later (and i could reopen so often!)

eek5

oh, so 1h legendaries from kadala have a very good chance on being class items? Seems like that will be the next thing I will go to after I finally get my SoJ.

btw. i joined rift it forward and... yeah, didnt get the chance to get in a game because others are always faster than me. But whatever. I'll try it again later (and i could reopen so often!)

The ratio of runners:leechers has gotten really, really bad. The main issue is that there can be 10 runners and like 40 leechers but the 40 leechers are all competing for 1 runner everytime there is a complete.

Running takes like 5-15 mins and leeching takes 45 seconds so leechers are always available to compete for the most part whereas guardians aren't always available.

If you're in a really competitive channel you can try leaving the chat and joining again to get into a different one and see if there is a better ratio of runners:leechers.

Where do you guys find groups to do split farming? Is this still an efficient way to get gear? Then take all the keystone fragments and do rifts in Torment difficulties?

Where do you guys find groups to do split farming? Is this still an efficient way to get gear? Then take all the keystone fragments and do rifts in Torment difficulties?

I prefer to do split bounties for keys when I'm low.

It's also good to focus on the cache specific legs you want. You can just do act 1 over and over again super fast if you want the RoRG.

I have 3 friends from work I do them with. Though not as often as I'd like. I'm out of keys :(

eek5

If I only want to do a couple runs I'll just join a public normal game. If you don't mind doing 2 bounties every time then it isn't too bad. You'll rarely ever do 1.5 bounties which is what happens when you have a good group though.

If I want to do a longer session (like 10 bags) I'll join one of the bounty communities and form a group and just roll with them.

ManCannon

Are random groups blasting act 1 bounties because it's the fastest or is everyone after a specific item? Nearly every game people join, split complete act 1 and bail.

scy

Are random groups blasting act 1 bounties because it's the fastest or is everyone after a specific item? Nearly every game people join, split complete act 1 and bail.

Generally, it's for the Ring of Royal Grandeur. If you're after pure speed, Act IV tends to be the fastest. Barring Diablo kills, I guess.

th3dude

The ratio of runners:leechers has gotten really, really bad. The main issue is that there can be 10 runners and like 40 leechers but the 40 leechers are all competing for 1 runner everytime there is a complete.

Running takes like 5-15 mins and leeching takes 45 seconds so leechers are always available to compete for the most part whereas guardians aren't always available.

If you're in a really competitive channel you can try leaving the chat and joining again to get into a different one and see if there is a better ratio of runners:leechers.

Luckily I've been clearing T1 in about 5-10 minutes and I actually prefer it for the farming aspect. It's been great running free rifts :)

If I only want to do a couple runs I'll just join a public normal game. If you don't mind doing 2 bounties every time then it isn't too bad. You'll rarely ever do 1.5 bounties which is what happens when you have a good group though.

If I want to do a longer session (like 10 bags) I'll join one of the bounty communities and form a group and just roll with them.

Is Rift Runs a good bounty community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom