• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz

I think the associated "bug" with Pride's Fall supports the case that this behavior is not intended.

If the unity follower combo is not a bug, then every single person in the game needs this. Doesn't that seem like an unintentional consequence? Why would this combination trump every item in the game?

It's intentionnal and made to work that way.

Even if you take more damage than your follower when he doesn't have the legendary, you don't take more damage than you would if you had it.

That's because followers are supposed to take less damage than you do all the time (since it's easier than having a smart AI to make then stay out of damaging areas).

If all your party members had a unity, it would be a flat 75% damage mitigation before your own mitigation kicks in (which is why it's either useless or godlike depending on how many people have it).

The bug is that with the follower legendary you take no damage when your follower does nor do they, the other is that on T6 your follower will die instantly and thus you should start taking full damage, which is why it's a flat damage 50% reduction because it's always the same damage on all damage you take.

With 4 real players the damage is not a flat 75% reduction, if everyone is taking damage its a 0% reduction and the damage you take changes based on who is taking damage unless you run with 4 players that all run the same class with all the same gear and 2 stand off screen so they never take damage then you can t replicate what happens with follower plus legendary

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

lexi

Banned
Complaining is legit. I was complaining on Mumble to a friend while running that a rift that I hadn't seen any Tal Rasha in maybe nearly a month. Within about 3 minutes, A Tal Rasha piece drops, no more than another 3 minutes, another Tal Rasha piece.

The Cowboy

Complaining is legit. I was complaining on Mumble to a friend while running that a rift that I hadn't seen any Tal Rasha in maybe nearly a month. Within about 3 minutes, A Tal Rasha piece drops, no more than another 3 minutes, another Tal Rasha piece.
In that case.
-
God dam it, I'll never get a Wand of Woh or a Thunderfury, its getting beyond a joke now and I'm about ready to quit!!!.

Fularu

Banned
The bug is that with the follower legendary you take no damage when your follower does nor do they, the other is that on T6 your follower will die instantly and thus you should start taking full damage, which is why it's a flat damage 50% reduction because it's always the same damage on all damage you take.

With 4 real players the damage is not a flat 75% reduction, if everyone is taking damage its a 0% reduction and the damage you take changes based on who is taking damage unless you run with 4 players that all run the same class with all the same gear and 2 stand off screen so they never take damage then you can t replicate what happens with follower plus legendary

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
There's a problem if everyone is taking damage at the same time, but anyway if your follower taking damage translates into you not taking it, it's a bug with how follower damage is taken care of, not with unity itself.

Also since your follower is incredibly stupid, that may have been put in place to encourage soloing from time to time. Group play is amazing as is and vastly preferable to solo play, if unity solo play is a perk, it will hardly "break the game".

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
There's a problem if everyone is taking damage at the same time, but anyway if your follower taking damage translates into you not taking it, it's a bug with how follower damage is taken care of, not with unity itself.

Also since your follower is incredibly stupid, that may have been put in place to encourage soloing from time to time. Group play is amazing as is and vastly preferable to solo play, if unity solo play is a perk, it will hardly "break the game".

The real follower+unity combo relies on the follower also having an immortality relic, which means they no longer take damage at all. It's a straight-up 50% damage reduction for the player. Follower standing in the fiery doom doesn't matter any more. It's handy for people running T6 for materials, for example. I don't see it staying that way for long.

I agree that unity doesn't do much in a group overall.

Vodh

Wow this complaining thing really does work.

ve6IPiZ.png

Guess I can just roll for more dex :)

Stupid fucking game I hate it so much never gonna play it again, changing my account password by letting a cat dance on my keyboard, tearing my passport to shreds and getting new identity so that I can never retrieve my account and play this stupid ass game again! FUCK!

eek5

Is Rift Runs a good bounty community?

It all depends on your group. I joined a guy's group and he was a shitty P10 barb and could barely clear shit on his own. Just join both bounty groups and form your own group by inviting people then just bail and grab the efficient players if they're too slow. It's kind of hit or miss.

I'm 65% CDR monk though so I clear pretty fast regardless of who is in the party.

If you want to do some 1-3-4 bounty runs LMK.

Stupid fucking game I hate it so much never gonna play it again, changing my account password by letting a cat dance on my keyboard, tearing my passport to shreds and getting new identity so that I can never retrieve my account and play this stupid ass game again! FUCK!

Yeah I'm done with this game too... I'm fucking done. I'm so sick of never being able to get any good drops for my monk. Shit is cursed and this game is bad. I quit :(

Shifty76

It all depends on your group. I joined a guy's group and he was a shitty P10 barb and could barely clear shit on his own. Just join both bounty groups and form your own group by inviting people then just bail and grab the efficient players if they're too slow. It's kind of hit or miss.

I'm 65% CDR monk though so I clear pretty fast regardless of who is in the party.

If you want to do some 1-3-4 bounty runs LMK.

Yeah I'm done with this game too... I'm fucking done. I'm so sick of never being able to get any good drops for my monk. Shit is cursed and this game is bad. I quit :(

You running 2h or DW with Born's?

Finally got another natalyta's piece. Bit torn though. I have the boots and chest armor. The chest armor would have to replace my Garwulf...

But the 3 set bonus due to RoRG is so tempting. So much extra discipline and crit. Not to mention that if I ever do get a cindercloak, the chest armor would go back in the stash.

Completely out of souls now. 13 just trying to get cluster arrow dmg on the boots.

Not sure if I should go for hatred regen on the chest or another defensive stat.

eek5

You running 2h or DW with Born's?

Switched to DW because I got a weapon drop w/ 10 CDR on it. I'm using Born's for now until I get a cindercoat then I'll probably switch my sledge (6-8 cdr?) for a crafted born's sword

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/10007076

My main glove is a magefist w/ 8CDR but I swap to the shrine when I find an empowered. I hit 85% w/ empowered shrine and have 100% uptime on serenity unwelcome disturbance/epiphany for 10 mins which is pretty insane haha

Dahbomb

RNG giveth then RNG taketh.

Got a SoJ today that already had a crit chance on it! I was like FUCK YEA I AM IN THERE!

It came with Physical damage but I was like "no problem just going to roll this to fire damage"

3 hours, 30+ million in farmed gold, 25 Forgotten Souls and a bunch of purple gems later I am no closer to getting that fire roll. I feel sad... guess I will try tomorrow.

At least the number of gems isn't an issue neither are the Forgotten Souls. It's really all about farming 900K gold just for that one re-roll that is like a 1/13 chance to get it.

Know any good gold farming techniques? I'm always short on gold as well....

Do the t6 hell rift bounty in act 4. If it doesn't show up, just exit and enter. It's not that hard and the only thing that would stall you are the guys who block but you can whittle away at them. If the bosses spawn you can take them on, they aren't too hard, but if you can't survive the jailer, might as well remake.

V_Arnold

Tonight...I went in to do some Rifts, Torment 2, with two friends. Played exactly 55 minutes.

6 legendaries.

Including a Tal Rasha Chest.
With only good affixes and 3 sockets.
And a Pig Stickler that, on the first reroll, had INSANE stats, had a socket built-in, good LOH, and 17% damage to humans/beasts.

Okay, game. Thanks.

Do the t6 hell rift bounty in act 4. If it doesn't show up, just exit and enter. It's not that hard and the only thing that would stall you are the guys who block but you can whittle away at them. If the bosses spawn you can take them on, they aren't too hard, but if you can't survive the jailer, might as well remake.

That's what I do now. I wouldn't mind it if the bounty showed up more often. Sometimes I get 10 Sledge\Hammersmash bounties in a row. I've never completed the "clear" bounty and have it show up a 2nd time in a row...

It's actually very easy on my DH though. I vault through the first floor and my wolves tank everything on the 2nd while I cluster away. It's much easier than it was on my wizard (though that was still pretty easy).

Dahbomb

Know any good gold farming techniques? I'm always short on gold as well....

Yeah the two main methods that seem to work for me are the Hell Rift bounty and Rift it Forward.

Hell Rift bounty (kill all enemies in Hell Rift 2) is best done with like 2-3 people. Basically all of you search for the Bounty by reloading games individually. When one person finds it everyone is invited in. One person is the runner (DH does this pretty easily with Tactical Advantage and Smoke Screen) who just runs from Hell Rift 1 to Hell Rift 2. Then once he's there, everyone TPs to him and just clear the Rift. This is one of the easiest Bounties there is due to the type of enemies there, ranged characters usually have no problem but just to be safe have like one tank there for extra insurance. Of course this is done on T6.

You get like 400-500K gold per run and 60 million EXP. Loot drop is of course terrible but that's not the point of it.

Rift it forward basically gives you whatever the gold value per Rift completion is, which depends on the difficulty. T3 and above give solid gold and using this methods you get like 100K every couple of minutes. You can do this solo. The only downside to this is getting in games which has proven to be quite annoying lately as groups fill up REAL fast. This may not be the most efficient way to get gold but you also get good loot, good EXP and most importantly it's the most efficient way to get Forgotten Souls and Blood Shards (you can then sell your gambled items for more gold).

Dahbomb

Depends how fast you're clearing hell rifts I guess. :\
I think if it takes a minute to clear Ghom then it would have to take more than 5 minutes to clear Hell Rifts for it to be less efficient. Most of the time that isn't the case, it usually takes less time than that.

On paper RIF might be most efficient if you manage to get like back to back T4+ Rifts. But not many people play T4 Rifts in that community and those usually get filled up very quickly too. So it usually ends up giving less gold on average.

eek5

I think if it takes a minute to clear Ghom then it would have to take more than 5 minutes to clear Hell Rifts for it to be less efficient. Most of the time that isn't the case, it usually takes less time than that.

On paper RIF might be most efficient if you manage to get like back to back T4+ Rifts. But not many people play T4 Rifts in that community and those usually get filled up very quickly too. So it usually ends up giving less gold on average.

I can clear 2 Ghoms in about 1min 10s so I can clear 1mil in ~6mins. You'd have to be able to clear 2 hell rifts in that time including reloading to look for bounty.

Dahbomb

I can clear 2 Ghoms in about 1min 10s so I can clear 1mil in ~6mins. You'd have to be able to clear 2 hell rifts in that time including reloading to look for bounty.
Yeah but YOU use Witch Doctor... :/

Most classes can't kill him that fast. I know none of my characters can't kill him that fast. And if you are playing like a glass cannon DH and you die accidentally in his gas then you have to reload which wasted even more time.

3-4 minute Hell Rifts are still possible depending upon the group. Much more feasible overall for more classes.

eek5

Yeah but YOU use Witch Doctor... :/

Most classes can't kill him that fast. I know none of my characters can't kill him that fast. And if you are playing like a glass cannon DH and you die accidentally in his gas then you have to reload which wasted even more time.

Oh I assumed all classes were this strong. NM then :|

cdyhybrid

On one hand, I want to just PL all my alts to 70 ASAP, but I also want to see their unique dialog in story mode. I'm a sucker for lore like that.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Yeah the two main methods that seem to work for me are the Hell Rift bounty and Rift it Forward.

Hell Rift bounty (kill all enemies in Hell Rift 2) is best done with like 2-3 people. Basically all of you search for the Bounty by reloading games individually. When one person finds it everyone is invited in. One person is the runner (DH does this pretty easily with Tactical Advantage and Smoke Screen) who just runs from Hell Rift 1 to Hell Rift 2. Then once he's there, everyone TPs to him and just clear the Rift. This is one of the easiest Bounties there is due to the type of enemies there, ranged characters usually have no problem but just to be safe have like one tank there for extra insurance. Of course this is done on T6.

You get like 400-500K gold per run and 60 million EXP. Loot drop is of course terrible but that's not the point of it.

Too true and the EXP bonus with a pool brings it to 80mil. I don't get bad drops, farm more drops than certain types of chest give me. It's not optimal for loot as you say but the other two factors it doesn't have much. I don't mind rift it forward but me and best friend can now do it for ourselves and quicker than we could do rifts which give far less.

Rift it forward basically gives you whatever the gold value per Rift completion is, which depends on the difficulty. T3 and above give solid gold and using this methods you get like 100K every couple of minutes. You can do this solo. The only downside to this is getting in games which has proven to be quite annoying lately as groups fill up REAL fast. This may not be the most efficient way to get gold but you also get good loot, good EXP and most importantly it's the most efficient way to get Forgotten Souls and Blood Shards (you can then sell your gambled items for more gold).

Thanks I heard about this but didn't have time to go back in thread now that I know what to do will try this with friend for FS as I need plenty.

Calcium

Banned
It took 30 levels, but the Crusader class finally clicked for me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs in the higher difficulties.

What build do you use for ghom then?
Looking at your profile you linked me last time we have really similar gear now that I've geared up my WD

both have jeram and the same fire dmg, you have tasker and and theo + witching hour but I have 40 percent more elite damage and also 15 percent gargantuan dmg roll on my thing of the deep

it takes me between 30 and 45 seconds to kill him depending on how many times the gargantuan crits, I can't imagine tasker

If tasker and theo that big a dps boost or do you use a diff build as in your profile?

I just drop my totem, summon sycophants and garg at the start of the fight and spam firebats but he's usually at 20-40 percent when the garg expires

eek5

What build do you use for ghom then?
Looking at your profile you linked me last time we have really similar gear now that I've geared up my WD

both have jeram and the same fire dmg, you have tasker and and theo + witching hour but I have 40 percent more elite damage and also 15 percent gargantuan dmg roll on my thing of the deep

it takes me between 30 and 45 seconds to kill him depending on how many times the gargantuan crits, I can't imagine tasker

If tasker and theo that big a dps boost or do you use a diff build as in your profile?

I just drop my totem, summon sycophants and garg at the start of the fight and spam firebats but he's usually at 20-40 percent when the garg expires

Hm. not sure. I do have 15% elite dmg from augihlds and I use 20% phys bracer when I do ghom so my fetishes hit harder.

What I do is

spawn in,
walk forward,
spawn fetish army + 3
spawn reposition to the side
spawn garg
spawn totem
hit ghom w/ pirahna wave
reposition if garg isn't hitting so he starts hitting
hold down fire bats
hit spirit walk if my health gets low
hit potion if my health keeps getting low

usually hes dead and I don't have to reposition again.

Baliis

Hm. not sure. I do have 15% elite dmg from augihlds and I use 20% phys bracer when I do ghom so my fetishes hit harder.

What I do is

spawn in,
walk forward,
spawn fetish army + 3
spawn reposition to the side
spawn garg
spawn totem
hit ghom w/ pirahna wave
reposition if garg isn't hitting so he starts hitting
hold down fire bats
hit spirit walk if my health gets low
hit potion if my health keeps getting low

usually hes dead and I don't have to reposition again.

Basically what I do, though im stacking pure fire, no phys, but I don't even need spirit walk or potion.

I was going to quit today if I didn't get any good drops. 15 mins into a rift a pretty decent Slorak's dropped that had arcane/disintegrate damage on it. I use a disintegrate build.

Just needed to roll a socket. First enchant...bam socket.

Keep dangling that carrot Blizz. Now give me my Tal's chest and source.

So far in my hunt for a Cindercoat, Kadala has given me....

3 Tyreals Might
3 Aquila Cuirass
2 Garwulf
2 Blackthrones
1 Heart of iron
1 Shi Mizu Haori
1 Cape of the Dark Knight
1 Blackfeather
1 Beckon Sail

I started doing on my monk for the last 2000 shards. It's not helping...

Dahbomb

I was going to quit today if I didn't get any good drops. 15 mins into a rift a pretty decent Slorak's dropped that had arcane/disintegrate damage on it. I use a disintegrate build.

Just needed to roll a socket. First enchant...bam socket.

Keep dangling that carrot Blizz. Now give me my Tal's chest and source.
gf3pacino566563.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom