• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you ever 1CC a game at the arcade?

Brofist

a lot of

Black Tiger
Side Arms
Shinobi
King of Dragons
Golden Axe (it has only 1 life and 2 hp bars only on my arcade:)
tons of 2d figthters
and many more

couldnt 1CC Knights of the Round because of stupid settings in my arcade (1 life, highest difficulty)

I saw someone do Black Tiger on one coin, that's the real deal if you can clear it without continuing for sure.

oSoLucky

Only Soul Calibur, Tekken Tag, and House of the Dead. There are far, far, far more that crushed my soul and wallet many times over.

House of the Dead 1, Virtua Striker 2, Sega Rally 1.. Trying to remember others, can't right now. I guess you could say Daytona - as in won on all the tracks, but that's not exactly a 1CC.

Specifically for me, Crisis Zone.

Oh, and I guess every fighting game ever if those count

Crisis Zone is pretty easy... which is exactly why I used to 1CC it on a weekly basis for a few years! Damn fun game.

I can 1CC a lot of fighting games, but it's always depressing because I'm usually just playing in the hopes that someone will challenge.

shaowebb

1CC=1 credit clear, aka no continues.

I got to the point where I could beat Double Dragon without losing a life just by spamming that dumb elbow move lol.

You?

Came to post Double Dragon lol. Game was super easy. You could cake walk it. Only part that took some learning was the jump on the screen with the platforms and spikes right before the end.

TSM

Lots of games when I was younger. Do games that loop like Yie Ar Kung Fu count? The main reason I could 1 CC so many games is that I had limited funds and wouldn't waste quarters on continues. A 1 CC wasn't very uncommon in the mid 80s.

Only fighting games, and, uh.....DDR?

On a similar note.....is it even possible to 1CC The simpsons arcade game, I can see making it to the end. But the Mr. Burns fight? Seems impossible.....

thundr51

0.jpg

Didn't even put money in. Somebody lost the first round and didn't stick around for the second. I walked up and finished the game.

Could only ever do it on fighting games. A lot of those hallway shooters and smchups almost seemed designed to make you lose to get more money

Blackage

tumblr_mcd0yoYCXj1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

1 quarter with this beast of a woman. She has so many moves and options in this game.

I think one of the Predators has an easier time, but she's so much more fun to play.

1 quarter with this beast of a woman. She has so many moves and options in this game.

I think one of the Predators has an easier time, but she's so much more fun to play.

I think my friends and I did this one, too.

Pretty much any game that allowed 2 or more to play at once, like the Ninja Turtles, X-Men, and Simpsons ones.

Edit: Does it count if it's multiple players, each using only one credit? Or are we only counting single player experiences?

Cipherr

Marvel vs Capcom. I THINK it was the first one. I know my characters were Ryu and Juggernaut IIRC. Whole damn game on one credit. Only time I ever did that at an arcade.

Closest I ever got was reaching the last level in Metal Slug 1. Now working on doing the same with Metal Slug X on Steam (only doing easy mode though).

Like the OP I could beat Double Dragon on 1 credit. A few friends could too. Two player games were always just a warmup for the end sequence.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I managed an arcade for about 6-7 years, so by the end of my time there I was able to one shot most any game that had en end to it.

Some games were just a ton of fun to do a one-off on, especially when you have a crowd watching, such as;

• Original Mortal Kombat (no cheese moves ;P) pretty much every time by the end.
  • MK2
  • Outrun
  • Outrunners
  • Space Harrier
  • Outzone

Space Harrier was my all time fav to 1 shot. That game was awesomely hard looking, so people impressed when you beat it. Meanwhile, it is just all about memorizing the patterns.

Timu

I will never understand how people can 1CC Capcom arcade beat em ups...

Overside

Banned
A house of the dead machine in Germany.

Put in 2 credits, and went Akimbo.

Got high score in 1st for right hand, and 2nd for left hand.

I know an arcade (a Barcade) with Vs. Super Mario Bros. It's the closest I've gotten to 1CCing a game.

It's the exact same game as Super Mario Bros. om NES but a few of the levels are switched with some ultra BS levels that make you do blind jumps, among other things.

Blues1990

Playing through Cadillacs and Dinosaurs with Hanna Dundee. I'm surprised that I was able to accomplish that, given I had problems with playing as the other characters.

mujun

Fighting games don't count!

I could do Willow, Captain America and The Avengers, Punisher and some others.

Also Spikeout but never by myself, though I could get pretty far even one player.

Fighting games don't count!

I could do Willow, Captain America and The Avengers, Punisher and some others.

Also Spikeout but never by myself, though I could get pretty far even one player.

How? In fact in some games 1cc on a fighter is a greater achievement.

Timu

I was thinking kof 98-97 in my he's when I posted that.

Fighters history, especially dynamite, also hard.

Mk1 is unfair.
I remember playing those...they were brutal.

Yes, absolutely! And a ton of other settings too! Killer Instinct Arcade has 5 difficulty levels from Very Easy to Very Hard. You can also adjust blood quantity/color, and a few other things!
Funny enough, lowering the difficulty doesn't even affect the a.i. in KI as they will still kick your ass, I swear the lower settings don't work at all.

Son Of D

Closest I got was Simpsons arcade. Mr Burns killed me. Was annoyed that I died but eh, still beat him.

Oh I miss that game.

Blackage

I will never understand how people can 1CC Capcom arcade beat em ups...

Just repetition, like anything! I used to play AvP on emulators in High School all of Senior Year(Computer Literacy class!). It's also one of the easier Capcom Beat-em ups to 1CC with, because like I said she has a wide variety of tools to get through the game with. I could never get through Final Fight without having to continue for example, Cody/Guy/Haggar didn't really have the most diverse move sets. I did however get through Streets of Rage(Not an actual Arcade game, but same genre!)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Well, you do have a Shenmue avatar :)

Yeah it appears we were playing a lot of the same games. Spent way too much time in the arcades between 1986 and 1996, but man I'm glad I didn't miss those years.

I feel the same, especially with kids these days complaining about frame hitches and shit, they have no idea how great (and cheap) gaming is today. Seeing gaming evolve over the last 35 years has been an amazing experience.

I saw someone do Black Tiger on one coin, that's the real deal if you can clear it without continuing for sure.

Black Tiger was free on PS3, might still be. I didn't play it much back when it came out but when I got it on PS3 I played it quite a lot. Could make it up to about the 4th Stage I think, maybe 5th and it does get very difficult.

Vamp

I managed to beat Metal Slug 1 with not only one coin but without loosing 1 life. Yeah I was Metal Slug champion in my neighborhood.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I could do that with any character on The King of Dragons, the only arcade game in our college student association building cafe.

I actually brought a cabinet for home just to play it again. Can more or less 1CC each time, though a little rusty.

Top Bottom