• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

RobbieNick

Been playing though Finding Dory. Very different playset from the others. Feels like a totally separate game from Infinity. Not very challenging though. It's like an Echo the Dolphin for kids.

curb

Banned
Ask and I shall receive:

bo16t0ztj1cu1eycbxrp.PNG

Same source as the Doctor Strange figure.

gawdammit

Xyrmellon

Since the announcement my Walmart has been picking 2 or 3 figures and unloading them for $4.00. Last week it was Vision and Han Solo, today I found Black Panther and Boba Fett:

X5HlMey.jpg

3Qm1vrT.jpg

curb

Banned
Since the announcement my Walmart has been picking 2 or 3 figures and unloading them for $4.00. Last week it was Vision and Han Solo, today I found Black Panther and Boba Fett:

I'm starting to see them hit bargain prices too. My local Gamestop/EB Games has all their Infinity Figures in a bin instead of on a shelf like the other Toys2Lyfe stuff. I saw a bunch of stuff on clearance at my nearest TRU yesterday as well.

The end is here folks.

curb

Banned
Man, think of the prices people were paying for Fett second hand before he got released solo. And now, $4 at Walmart.

It really makes me wish I'd sold mine. I bought the Saga Bundle at launch and never used my Boba Fett. I could have easily made back some of the bundle cost by selling it.

I like the idea of the premium figures, but it was clearly not a great idea from a business perspective considering the existing stock issues.

Like Jack Skellington here. You can still find tons and tons of him in stores, so would there really be any appeal for a larger repose if it doesn't also have 3.0 style combos, super move, etc?

curb

Banned
If they didn't overproduce the other figures then there's likely be less hesitation about the premium figures. The premium ones could have easily worked but they'd have to have been the right price and stocked properly. You know, properly anticipate demand.

Neoxon

So apparently some concept art for Wolverine that was meant for Disney Infinity 2.0 got leaked. Avalanche wanted to include him, but Marvel shot the idea down.

0Kackq0.jpg

There's also supposedly art of him in his Astonishing X-Men outfit (the one from the MvC3 games), but I have yet to find it.

curb

Banned
I'm seeing lots of clearance prices on figures here in Canada this week. Best Buy Canada has 3.0 figures for as low as $3.95 CDN and the Starter Pack for $19.99. Gotta get rid of 'em.

Rated-G

I'm seeing lots of clearance prices on figures here in Canada this week. Best Buy Canada has 3.0 figures for as low as $3.95 CDN and the Starter Pack for $19.99. Gotta get rid of 'em.

Man... I'm waiting for the Best Buys here in the US to do this! Feels like no one wants to be the first to budge on prices here.

TyrantII

Heads up. Target has an unannounced sale.

Good deal on playsets, not so much on figures.

6VoFHKr.jpg

Meanwhile Best Buy looks to have clearance prices on figures.

Yeah, I was going to post if you want any single Infinity figures, this is the week, especially if you have Gamers Club at Best Buy. It's clearance time.

TyrantII

I wanted the star wars figures for my home office swag, so got Force Awakens and Empire playsets for $35 total, then Han, Vader, Kylo, Poe, and threw in Quorra since I loved Tron Legacy; $25 at best buy.

Have 3.0 from a flash sale for $10, and figure I'll just pick up a base when I want to grab the quick platinum trophy.

Just really digged their designs. Not too bad for $70 total.

TyrantII

Best Buy has most playsets now for $14.99 ($11.99 GCU). Including Rise Against the Empire and Force Awakens.

If anyone is waiting, I wouldn't. Seems like these are the big clearance deals while there's still stock and what's left will just be lucky pickings.

Malyse

Heads up. Target has an unannounced sale.

Good deal on playsets, not so much on figures.

6VoFHKr.jpg

Meanwhile Best Buy looks to have clearance prices on figures.

NGL, I'm pretty happy I never bought all the play sets. And I'm pretty happy about how I can get my keyblade on the cheap.

curb

Banned
How is the Speedway expansion?

Playable? Solid? I feel like that's the highest praise I could give it.

The racing is fine but it really needed more tracks and modes. There are 9 tracks and I think only two modes. I'd say it's worth checking out if you can get it on the cheap but it doesn't offer a lot overall.

Lomax

The racing is fun but if you enjoy it you should really go get Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, the same people made it and it's a much deeper game. That said I definitely got $5 worth of enjoyment out of the infinity racing and being able to use any character and any vehicle is fun. It's a great way to easily level up characters as well.

suikodan

I got the 3.0 starter kit with some figurines for cheap.

I wonder, if the campaign is Star Wars based, what's the point for me to buy figurines from other "worlds". I know that I won't be able to use them in the campaign.

I know it'll be used in ToyBox but I have no interest for it (yet...)

Is the Captain America expansion worth it?

Went to Target, they had the Star Wars 3.0 down to 6.99, and then on their Cartwheel app all Infinity figures were 60% off.

I don't even play this game, but I liked the look of some of the figures so I nabbed Boba and Vader for a whopping 6 bucks total.

kunonabi

Damn, missed the big clearance. I did grab the playset with luke and leia for 10$ at Best Buy today so it's not all bad.

Top Bottom