• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

The Target Cartwheel deal is amazing, we grabbed 18 figures yesterday for under $3 each.

Gamestop has dropped the price of most 2-packs down to $13.

Grabbed about 10 figures today with the Target Cartwheel coupon. Probably gonna head to a different store tomorrow to see if they have different stock 'cause there are still a few 3.0 figures I would like.

Target's $3 is really the perfect price point for impulse purchases.
Never really cared to have Mickey or Darth Maul but they were there and cheap so I grabbed them.
I'll hit a third Target today then call it quits on taking advantage of the clearance deals. I only really want Disgust, Fear, Sadness, and Ant-man now and they seem to be sold out from the stores I've been to.

Just got back from Best Buy. All their stock is gone. Just empty shelf space now. Guess it's time to unsubscribe from this thread and let it go.

G105GWT.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just got back from Best Buy. All their stock is gone. Just empty shelf space now. Guess it's time to unsubscribe from this thread and let it go.

G105GWT.gif

pretty much...was checking out the best buy sale and most can't even be shipped anymore. mostly the star wars ones that are still available.

Bought the starter pack for $15 on ps4 (w/ GCU) and a few other Star Wars figures for $2-3 each. Hope this is fun. If not at least I get some cool figures out of it or I can just give the game to my brother for my nieces to play.

kunonabi

So I've been on a bit of a spree since the cancelation:

Anakin Skywalker - Solid looking figure although I don't care for the pose at all. My favorite SW character so I'm pleased with it even if I can't stand his clone wars voice.

Obi-Wan - Much more fitting pose than Anakin's, translates much better to the cartoony style too.

Darth Maul - looks fine, although it is one of the sloppier figures I have.

Luke Skywalker - fairly plan and doesn't capture Luke all that well.

Leia Organa - One of my favorites, the pose and expression are fantastic.

Han Solo - I was hoping the figure would look better than the render but it still looks more like adam driver than it does Ford.

Chewbacca - I hated his render so I wasn't really excited to get him but man he actually looks great. Great size and he doesn't look so aggressively cartoony like I expected

Darth Vader - Looks good, bigger than I expected.

Sabine Wren - I don't know anything about her since I don't watch the show but I love her infinity design. The figure doesn't quite measure up to her render though due to the face being kind of iffy.

Star Lord - looks pretty good all around.

Gamorra - very nice although her sword is a little bent.

Black Widow - looks really poor up close

Iron Man - fine

Thor - fine

Aladdin - Like the pose and expression, really captures the character

Stitch - Very nice although I wish I had a Lilo to go with him

Alice - Say what you will about the movie but her figure is marvelous.

I have Ant-Man, Vision, Donald Duck, and Captain America on the way from Gamestop

I already had the Incredibles and Mulan who I'm very pleased with.

As far as playsets go I have: Twilight of the Republic, Rise against the Empire, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, and the Disney Infinity 1.0 starter trio.

Is Battlegrounds worth it? The 4 player mode sounds like fun.

The rest of my purchase list:

Hawkeye
Hulk
Loki
Falcon
Spider-Man
Iron Fist
Drax the Destroyer
Groot
Rocket Raccoon
Black Panther
Yoda
Boba Fett
Mickey Mouse
Princess Jasmine
Tinker Bell
Jessie
Jack Skellington
Quorra

I have to say I'm sorry to see the line go. I was pretty apathetic to the initial wave but the figures really improved over time. They really needed to a better job of picking characters though. So much of that first wave was a waste and there are so many classic characters that never got represented.

I haven't really played with any of the figures yet but I have Disney Infinity 1.0 and 3.0 so I plan to in the next couple days.

nikos

The Star Wars starter pack is currently $15.99 at Best Buy, after GCU. With the cancelation, would you guys recommend not picking it up at this point?

If I go for it, will only Star Wars content be available, or can you explore all worlds with Star Wars characters? I'm more interested in Inside Out and other Disney franchises.

Thanks!

The Star Wars starter pack is currently $15.99 at Best Buy, after GCU. With the cancelation, would you guys recommend not picking it up at this point?

If I go for it, will only Star Wars content be available, or can you explore all worlds with Star Wars characters? I'm more interested in Inside Out and other Disney franchises.

Thanks!
I just got into the games two months ago. They're just as good as they were on release and servers are still up for a little while so if you want to get in NOW is the time to do so.
You can get all the figures on the cheap with clearance sales and hop on to download player made content before it's gone forever.

Toy box mode is basically free play where you can play shooters, platformer, racers, etc with ANY character.

The play set pieces you buy are themed, so the Inside Out one can only use Inside Out characters, while a Star Wars piece can use certain SW characters but as you play through you'll gain the ability to use all SW characters. (ex: you can't start The Force Awakens with Luke Skywalker but you can use him once you unlock him because it's still Star Wars.)
It's a bit confusing at first.

nikos

I just got into the games two months ago. They're just as good as they were on release and servers are still up for a little while so if you want to get in NOW is the time to do so.
You can get all the figures on the cheap with clearance sales and hop on to download player made content before it's gone forever.

Toy box mode is basically free play where you can play shooters, platformer, racers, etc with ANY character.

The play set pieces you buy are themed, so the Inside Out one can only use Inside Out characters, while a Star Wars piece can use certain SW characters but as you play through you'll gain the ability to use all SW characters. (ex: you can't start The Force Awakens with Luke Skywalker but you can use him once you unlock him because it's still Star Wars.)
It's a bit confusing at first.

Thanks! How's local multiplayer? That would be my main focus.

Thanks! How's local multiplayer? That would be my main focus.
It's my main focus too!
The screen can feel a little cramped if you have a smaller TV, but otherwise like 99% of the content allows for multiplayer with sets like Inside Out, Marvel Battlegrounds, and all three Star Wars sets benefitting from it. You can even choose to split the screen horizontally or vertically.
I've found that if you're playing with non gamers or kids it's fantastic and if you're playing with more experienced players bumping the difficulty up still can present a challenge.

nikos

It's my main focus too!
The screen can feel a little cramped if you have a smaller TV, but otherwise like 99% of the content allows for multiplayer with sets like Inside Out, Marvel Battlegrounds, and all three Star Wars sets benefitting from it. You can even choose to split the screen horizontally or vertically.
I've found that if you're playing with non gamers or kids it's fantastic and if you're playing with more experienced players bumping the difficulty up still can present a challenge.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Think I'll pick it up. May only be $15, but I know that will probably quickly turn into a couple of hundred. :eek:

EDIT: Bought the Star Wars starter + Kylo Ren and Darth Maul.

Need to get Inside Out stuff for the girlfriend.

Oh hey just a heads up Toys R Us online has a $3.80 deal on a bunch of 1.0 and 2.0 single figures right now.
It's not all of them, mind, but a good chunk. 1.0 stock is mostly crystal variants and Jack Skellington but 2.0 is pretty fleshed out.
Plus shipping is free at like $19.

kunonabi

Oh hey just a heads up Toys R Us online has a $3.80 deal on a bunch of 1.0 and 2.0 single figures right now.
It's not all of them, mind, but a good chunk. 1.0 stock is mostly crystal variants and Jack Skellington but 2.0 is pretty fleshed out.
Plus shipping is free at like $19.

Yeah I just grabbed:
Loki
Jack Skellington
Rapunzel
Hulk
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Hawkeye
Iron Fist
Drax
Falcon

I also bit the bullet and grabbed Jessie, The Lone Ranger, and Tinkerbell off ebay.

On the plus side I managed to stumble on a Princess Jasmine and the Battlegrounds playset for cheap at Best Buy which saved me some money there.

That means I'm officially down to:
Black Panther
Ultron
Boba Fett
Yoda
Mickey Mouse

Now I just need to figure out where the hell to put them.

nikos

Best Buy has the Inside Out playset available for $11.99 before GCU. Just picked it up. It's necessary to play the Inside Out content, right? Also, will Sadness be playable without the figure, or do I need the figure to play as her? Going to get her regardless.

Best Buy has the Inside Out playset available for $11.99 before GCU. Just picked it up. It's necessary to play the Inside Out content, right? Also, will Sadness be playable without the figure, or do I need the figure to play as her? Going to get her regardless.
Actually with the Inside Out Playset there are kiosks in a few levels that let you temporarily transform into any of the emotions, even ones you don't have. It's something like one minute. Because they all have different abilities it let the developers use different things in the levels even though some people might not buy all the characters.

kunonabi

Managed to snag a Boba Fett today on Walmart clearance. He's been getting hard to find locally so I figured I might as well. He looks good although I would have preferred Jango myself. I'm going to check my grocery store this weekend for the others I'm missing. They've had crazy discounts on the figures in the past so I'd rather get them there than deal with Gamestop's shipping prices. To be fair I got my figures from there like two days after I ordered despite choosing economy shipping.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
My God. The figures are $4.99 everywhere now it seems. I'm buying them up, but depressed at the same time.

I have yet to jump in, but thinking about it, because Best Buy keeps putting the kits on sale quite often, and are now. The PS4 exclusive that has Boba Fett can be copped for $48 with GCU, and was $115 when it first came out. I noticed Wal-Mart has the Starter Pack for $20 as well and $7-$12 for the playsets at both there and Best Buy. Figures like Maul, etc., are $3.99 right now at Best Buy as well.

So I can get the Starter Pack, and the Rise of the Empire Playset for effectively $25. $35 total if I get TFA's one too.

So tempting.

I have yet to jump in, but thinking about it, because Best Buy keeps putting the kits on sale quite often, and are now. The PS4 exclusive that has Boba Fett can be copped for $48 with GCU, and was $115 when it first came out. I noticed Wal-Mart has the Starter Pack for $20 as well and $7-$12 for the playsets at both there and Best Buy. Figures like Maul, etc., are $3.99 right now at Best Buy as well.

So I can get the Starter Pack, and the Rise of the Empire Playset for effectively $25. $35 total if I get TFA's one too.

So tempting.
Now is the time to jump in. These are the clearance sales.

kunonabi

I'm now down to just Ultron and Spider-man. Really pisses me off that I'm going to have to pay so much for Spider-man but considering how much I've saved on everything else I guess I shouldn't really complain.

curb

Banned
Official shutdown timeline from Disney

As of today (July 29, 2016):
  • No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed
  • Players can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.
As of September 30, 2016:
  • Players will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity. These will no longer be available on the respective app stores
  • The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
  • Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the App Store
  • The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However, when playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, players can continue to download their favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
As of January 3, 2017
  • No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
As of March 3, 2017
  • Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
  • All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued

Tiny415

Neo Member
I just completed the figure set (with the exception of the D23 Mickey) and now I am working on the last 10 disks from 2.0.

Originally told myself I would not buy the Light FX duplicates, but with the discounts I picked them all up this week.

Sorry to see how the mobile users are getting the short end of the stick, but I guess that is our brave new digital future.

kunonabi

So I have to two months to upload stuff and then online access till march 3. Not that bad all things considered.

I've been firmly against buying power discs from the beginning but the Battlegrounds playset is getting me to reconsider. How many powerups are available for multiplayer without discs? Also, in the toybox do discs have to be left on the base or can you take them off to use other discs during creation?

Lomax

From personal experience with the PC version (whether downloaded through steam or not), if you can't log in, you can't play anything. So that means the game on PC is dead as of September 30th.

kunonabi

Some thoughts on some of my other figures that arrived

Hulk - Really bought him just to flesh out the Avengers but man he's great. He's bigger than he looked, has some great heft, and almost feels like he's made out of stone when you touch him

Boba Fett - The brightness of the colors kind of wig me out. They give him some scuffs but he's just too clean and comic-booky for me. Nice details though.

Princess Jasmine - Again a great pose and facial expression. These Disney Infinity figures really do a great job with the female designs. Well, aside from Black Widow.

Tinker Bell - Pain to get out of the package but I really like her base. I could have used a bit more sass but there are so many other figures with sass to spare that I'll let it slide.

Quorra - Her pose his has grown on me and the sword looks much better now that I got a good look at it. Very nice paint job with the face.

The Lone Ranger - I'd have preferred a classic look with more color but oh well. He's got some scuffs but I think it gives him sort of a retro toy like appearance like something my dad might have played with so it actually adds to the figure's character. It's a shame his gun in the actual game looks so terrible though. It's also strange that he has two pistols but he only seems to have one during gameplay.

Picked up a few figures yesterday in NJ:

Bestbuy:

Anakin Light FX: $6.49
Darth Maul :$3.99
Ultron: $4.99
Two 3.0 Star Wars power disc sets $4.99 each
Marvel Batteground was $19.99, so I left it behind

Target:

Yoda Light FX: $7.99

The figures at BB were all listed at $8.99 on the shelves, so( I'm guessing this has been mentioned previously) you need to scan them to get the correct prices. Both stores were pretty cleaned out.

curb

Banned
I saw a Light FX Anakin at Best Buy here in Canada for $2.95 CAD (which is around $2.25 USD). I almost bought it since I don't have any Light FX figures but when I thought about how little I'm going to play the game going forward, I decided against it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I saw a Light FX Anakin at Best Buy here in Canada for $2.95 CAD (which is around $2.25 USD). I almost bought it since I don't have any Light FX figures but when I thought about how little I'm going to play the game going forward, I decided against it.

I think a lot of the people buying it during the fire sale are doing it more for the figures than to play the actual game haha

I picked up the star wars starter pack, two other star wars playsets, and an additional obi wan for about $30. I thought the figures looked neat and don't expect to spend very much time at all with the games after playing a few missions of Twilight of the Republic. Reminds me very much of my experience with the TTG Lego games.

kunonabi

Picked up Ultron from Walmart. I was going to grab Hulkbuster too but he didn't seem to be there. So far the vast majority of figures I still see on shelves are the rebels figures excluding Sabine and Poe Dameron.

Ultron looks pretty decent in figure form although he seems a bit small. He looks like fun to play though which is the main reason I grabbed him. Buying him made me really sad that we didn't get Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver figures though.

I'm now a Spider-Man away from finishing my collection.

I think a lot of the people buying it during the fire sale are doing it more for the figures than to play the actual game haha

I picked up the star wars starter pack, two other star wars playsets, and an additional obi wan for about $30. I thought the figures looked neat and don't expect to spend very much time at all with the games after playing a few missions of Twilight of the Republic. Reminds me very much of my experience with the TTG Lego games.

I'm the reverse in that I bought a bunch of stuff just for the toybox or because the characters looked fun. I never would have bought the Force Awakens set otherwise.

They're primarily desktop ornaments for me, I mess around a bit with them in toy box but that's their secondary use lol

curb

Banned
They're primarily desktop ornaments for me, I mess around a bit with them in toy box but that's their secondary use lol

I thought about doing that, keeping the Light FX one with the ones I use and putting the standard one on my desk. I've been cleaning up my home office this weekend and I've realized I have too much stuff on my desk as it is so one DI Ahsoka on my desk will be enough.

I just completed the figure set (with the exception of the D23 Mickey) and now I am working on the last 10 disks from 2.0.
That Mickey isn't unique. It didn't come with any certificates or anything like the 2013 sorcerers apprentice did.

Edit: oh wait I guess d23 2013 is the one you're talking about.

Top Bottom