• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Llyranor

1) Can you have multiple summons per character? For example, can a necro summoner have both a bloated corpse and an incarnate on the field at the same time?

2) I've been using my polymorpher in melee. Decent sword/shield, 17 str, but not really doing much damage. Guess I really need to pump pts in weapon abilities to dish out pain, huh?

Marven

1) Can you have multiple summons per character? For example, can a necro summoner have both a bloated corpse and an incarnate on the field at the same time?

2) I've been using my polymorpher in melee. Decent sword/shield, 17 str, but not really doing much damage. Guess I really need to pump pts in weapon abilities to dish out pain, huh?

1) Nope, learned this the hard way last night. Though totems don't count towards that limit, so you can have totems and incarnate/bloated corpse out at the same time.

2) Warfare increases your physical damage, which should help dish out a bit more pain, so try putting some point in there.

kai3345

Banned
Seems to survive everything except going near
the locked entrance to the keep, where Borris, some dogs and a few other Magisters are standing out front of.

Unless there's a quest much later on in the game, the overall payoff is shrug worthy. The reward is:
you get a learnable summon cat skill that allows you to swap places with it on the map. The overall damage it does is bad though, and the person who actually gets to learn this seems entirely random. My main character had pet pal and spoke with it, yet it ended up going to The Red Prince (which was somewhat useful until Phoenix Dive).

I think if Red Prince is present, it's always Red Prince. I've talked to 3 people and they all said it went to the Prince, myself included.

The more I play, the more I think the game would benefit A LOT from level scaling of enemies so we could explore maps in the order we want them and not how Larian wants them to be explored.

Ew, no. Level scaling is the devil! The devil I say!

I did read someone earlier in the thread say that some of the bosses may be level scaled.

OK, 23 hours in and just noticed that the Blue Anchor icon on the minimap is fast travel to discovered waypoints.
Been walking to the nearest waypoint to fast travel between them.
FML.

You can also hit escape and then select Waypoints from the menu.

J4g3r

OK, 23 hours in and just noticed that the Blue Anchor icon on the minimap is fast travel to discovered waypoints.
FML.

Haha...

While we're on this topic - F1, F2, F3, F4 to switch between party members quickly.

Other posters have replied but I will add more (my main character is a Summoner)

If you want to make a primary summoner character then I highly recommend the Wits attribute be your primary one, and if you go hybrid with another thing then whatever its related attribute be your secondary (like strength with Warfare).

The reason is that Summoning spells they are not affected by attributes, but Wits gives you a lot of initiative so your summoner will get the first turn in battle which is crucial because then you can do your summon (like incarnate), buff it, etc. There aren't any attributes that affect summoning spells so Wits is a no-brainer.

If you go Summoner/Warfare then yeah do Wits as primary and Strength as secondary and so on.

Damn, Summoner/Warfare sounds like a great combo.

I went with Warfare/Poly on Beast, thinking about changing that now.

FML.

Couldn't you just use the 'Waypoints' from Start/ESC menu to freely travel between them?

That's how I do it on a gamepad, at least. I guess it's different on kb/m?

Tovarisc

Well this is awkward...

Scripted event that was supposed to move quest forward didn't trigger me. Lets see how much I can break this by going forward in other means.

Edit: Teleport, Nether Swap and Flight... holy shit I think I can do this quest without script working

wamberz1

Had another sitting that went way better. Battles were much faster. Made a ton of money selling magic weed and bought more rez scrolls.

The game is really starting to come together for me. At first it was kind of intimidating due to the sheer amount of information thrown at you from the get go but I'm starting to get used to it. Still not through act 1 but I'm having a blast now.

Teleport is such a fun ability. Warrior harassing your ranged? Would be a shame if they got sent to the other side of that fence...

Maximo

Soooo about those romance options End of Act 3 Nameless Island spoilers
I couldn't stop laughing I thought when it gave you the options it was simply to talk to each party member in private because of the crazy shit that went down, so I thought yeah fuck it ill talk to the Red Prince first and slowly realized what picking him meant when we went to the cabin *Oh god oh god no NO"

tumblr_mebxjdYQn31qg1mbqo6_r2_250.gif

Thankfully I quick saved and reverted my option and went with sebille and as it described the "pleasure of the flesh* and them getting it on I just kept thinking *im a fucking skeleton, I can't feel shit* feel like Fane wouldn't end up with anyone and it makes the whole scenario funny as the dialogue doesn't change to suit him.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm scared to sell anything. The piece of loot that explicitly tells you to sell it is the one piece of loot I needed to craft something. Thanks for that, Larian.

Are there any pieces of loot that are safe to sell? Like all these paintings?

Jag

How much memory are you guys rocking? My level 10 Mage has over 20. About 15 on ranger/tanks. Also took mnemonic on all characters. (+3 slots)

they are definitely a bit too high. I mean I also need memory as a caster, I can't work with intelligence only.

They scale off persuasion.

I assume NPC's are more likely to accept some dialogue, but i also assume having X points in stat Y just allows you to say it.
Like if a dialogue is elf exclusive it has the [Elf] tag, and you can respond with that dialogue.

I agree with you, these armors should've a % of chance to work and not 100% block. Lot of CC skills are useless like taunt because of them, my tank is kinda useless and so I convert him into dps instead...

100%. They'll probably add this in the EE version. Hope there's a mod for it soon.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How much memory are you guys rocking? My level 10 Mage has over 20. About 15 on ranger/tanks. Also took mnemonic on all characters. (+3 slots)

Can you slot multiples of the same skill on a character? Like could I learn 2 teleport spells on the same char if I have the skill books for them?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I agree with you, these armors should've a % of chance to work and not 100% block. Lot of CC skills are useless like taunt because of them, my tank is kinda useless and so I convert him into dps instead...

Are we sure that there is a 100% block on physical armor? I could have sworn I've had skills work on enemies that had some remaining armor that the skill said would block it from working. Maybe that's only with magical armor?

Jag

Can you slot multiples of the same skill on a character? Like could I learn 2 teleport spells on the same char if I have the skill books for them?

Doubt it since you can only slot it once. Same thing if you get teleport spell and teleport gloves. You can only have 1 spell to use. Only option is scroll.

My favorite teleport trick is to rupture a melee enemy then port them far away. Rupture and chicken is fun too.

epmode

You know inventory between members sucks...

Yeah, I'd love a shared inventory for sanity's sake but it would really screw with the multiplayer mode. I assume it would negatively affect combat but I haven't thought about it enough to be certain.

ys45

After reading some of the posts here I'm glad I am waiting before playing this, it seems the game still needs some fixes and tweaks.

Not saying the game is a mess or anything but I think waiting a few months might be good.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Yeah, I'd love a shared inventory for sanity's sake but it would really screw with the multiplayer mode. I assume it would negatively affect combat but I haven't thought about it enough to be certain.

The inventory is weird. In the equip screen, you can equip anything that anyone is holding. However, if you want to make a hot button for a piece of equipment, it needs to be in your inventory.

Stevey

You can also hit escape and then select Waypoints from the menu.

Couldn't you just use the 'Waypoints' from Start/ESC menu to freely travel between them?

That's how I do it on a gamepad, at least. I guess it's different on kb/m?

Didn't think of that either :V

I had finished Act One, but missed some stuff so reloaded an earlier save to mop up.
Killed all the Magisters.
Is there a way to recharge the
Purging
Wand in Act One?

Tovarisc

After reading some of the posts here I'm glad I am waiting before playing this, it seems the game still needs some fixes and tweaks.

Not saying the game is a mess or anything but I think waiting a few months might be good.

Nah, not really.

Rad-

There's an interesting armor mod. It makes soft CC ignore armor but keeps harder CCs like they are now.

I bet in a month or two the mod database will be filled with mods that really change the gameplay and keep it fresh for new playthroughs.

This is a repost of mine from a few pages back and hoping someone could answer this question for me

This is regrading Lohse's origin quest in the Elf Encampment in Act 1

I'm playing as Lohse and I encountered an elf named Saheila which could give me the name of thing inside Lohse but I failed the second persuasion check unfortunately. Should I skip the conversation with Saheila and return when I have more stat points or is failing the check part of Lohse's story with me returning to Saheila when I'm more in control?

I appreciate the help, thanks :)

I just booted the game after the patch and some quests that I've pending now are archived as closed (the imprisoned elf for ex.)

Also, I feel the game only lacks some quality of life improvements, but everything else is on point and perfectly playable.

There's an interesting armor mod. It makes soft CC ignore armor but keeps harder CCs like they are now.

I bet in a month or two the mod database will be filled with mods that really change the gameplay and keep it fresh for new playthroughs.

I really hope that modding takes off. It can add so much to a game.
And does anyone know why there are dozens of uploads of The Hungry Journey?

Yep. It's already amazing but with a full balance mod it's gonna be GOAT-level.

Yeah you can only use what your character has in combat. Definitely makes it harder when I'm looking for a certain scroll or grenade in tight moment only to find that another character has it.

Ryzaki009

I'm extremely disappointed with my Aero/Hydro main. It was my favourit D:OS character by far, but it feels lackluster here and a liability in combat. Still in early Act 2 tho.

Although I admit being an Undead and having Fane in the group doesn't help for the Aero side.

Yeah Hydo/Aero suffers from the need 2 attacks to stun thing. It's kind of dumb they could've just made it so you can't be stunned more than once every 2 turns. As it is burning is far easy to use, far quicker to use and does more damage. Just not worth bothering with aero unless your enemies weak to it or strong/immune to fire. (Hydro works well at times because a lot of its attacks are multhit. Aero doesn't really have a lot of that and the ones they do have are really pricey in ap).

Megasoum

Banned
Started playing today (just got off the boat).

I know you can hold Alt to see items but is there any way to get more highlights? Like all intractable items?

Also, how do you control the movement speed? Is it just based on distance of where you click vs where your character is standing? I expected something like double-click to run.

Ryzaki009

Soooo about those romance options End of Act 3 Nameless Island spoilers
I couldn't stop laughing I thought when it gave you the options it was simply to talk to each party member in private because of the crazy shit that went down, so I thought yeah fuck it ill talk to the Red Prince first and slowly realized what picking him meant when we went to the cabin *Oh god oh god no NO"

tumblr_mebxjdYQn31qg1mbqo6_r2_250.gif

Thankfully I quick saved and reverted my option and went with sebille and as it described the "pleasure of the flesh* and them getting it on I just kept thinking *im a fucking skeleton, I can't feel shit* feel like Fane wouldn't end up with anyone and it makes the whole scenario funny as the dialogue doesn't change to suit him.

Wait...he actually goes along with it? (red Prince not Fane).

Jisgsaw

Ok, so need help at the start of Act 2: where the hell I am supposed to go? I started a handfull quests, and andvanced most of them a bit, but every single one of them is currently barred with lv 12+ ennemies; I'm only lv 10, and have no way to level up (nor make money, for that matter) as I did everything in my level range.

Eidt: and naturaly, just as I write that, I managed to win one of those fights after several retries... But the difficulty spike is quite high.

Haven't seen anyone mention this (unless I have missed it) but does anyone else have issues with that upper middle of the screen UI notifications not appearing sometimes? Like when you save a game, that banner, sometimes it doesn't say anything even though it shows saving in the bottom right corner. When this happens and I get a journal entry update etc sometimes I don't get the notification either, and sometimes a whole stack of them can be "saved up" and then when something happens to trigger a notification 30 mins later or whatever then I get spammed with the notifications I didn't get.

JMY86

Haven't seen anyone mention this (unless I have missed it) but does anyone else have issues with that upper middle of the screen UI notifications not appearing sometimes? Like when you save a game, that banner, sometimes it doesn't say anything even though it shows saving in the bottom right corner. When this happens and I get a journal entry update etc sometimes I don't get the notification either, and sometimes a whole stack of them can be "saved up" and then when something happens to trigger a notification 30 mins later or whatever then I get spammed with the notifications I didn't get.

I have had this happen several times. I hope it gets fixed soon.

sadblob

How do you cure the rat that always lies? I've already cured the one that tells the truth, but this one dies with everything I do.

Ushay

Just means the console version will be all the better :)

It doesn't feel like much they could do for an EE/Console Version. The only low hanging fruit that I can see would be the addition of inter-party banter and have your companions interject in conversations.

Sanctuary

That's not much of a problem with the Haste buff considering it costs 2 points to use Spread your Wing the first time, but 1 every subsequent time. Phoenix Dive is only one point and that's covered by Haste. Battering Ram is an effective gap closer and it also hits hard enough for me that I will break through their armor and knock them down on the opener. I don't need him to kill everyone on the map. I don't have a Ranger in my party and I've heard they are really strong but I'm skeptical that they outscale 2 handed damage, I'll definitely be running with one on my next playthrough, or if I feel like it maybe I'll respec my rogue.

At only level 13, my Ranger pretty much rips away armor and takes enemies to half health or less. With the first attack. I don't even have access to Assassinate yet either, which is just a crazy skill in general. Haste isn't free either, so it's still an extra AP cost from somewhere to get your melee around.

Top Bottom