• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC: Devil May Cry - Demo Thread [Demo out now on XBL & PSN]

Facism

The guy playing is doucher, what is Capcom thinking choosing that guy to play and comment about the game? Those negative comments are well deserved.

"to have...a letter.....constantly...BERAting meeee." Guy has a such a victim-complex over a rating system.

God i hate this Made in Chelsea idiot-chatter where people take 4 years to say 1 fucking thing.

Ugh, was hoping they wouldn't choose that section for the demo. I feel like I've seen a million different playthroughs of that particular mission.

I thought it was Overturn and The Fuck you boss. With overturn being the part that leads to the Bob Barbas.

In anycase, they said the demo would have secret areas and shit, indicating content that wasn't normally found in trade show demos. That, or the people playing the trade show demos never found these secrets. Also, I think ezekial may have made a mistake, but the demo includes a normal mode and a hard mode, not very hard?

sleepykyo

I am looking at them, and they are hilarious. I mean It's one thing to pitch the game, but to say the first is 'alright' and that this one guy doesn't like the letter grade ranking (even though it was introduced in the first game), tells me that it's time to hire some new community guys.

It's Capcom Euro, they seem especially antagonistic. It was the euro twitter that "blamed" fans for mega man getting canceled.

It's Capcom Euro, they seem especially antagonistic. It was the euro twitter that "blamed" fans for mega man getting canceled.

Also keep in mind DMC1 was butchered in it's Euro release due to terrible PAL conversions.

The DMC HD collection is really the first time people in Europe actually got to play DMC1 properly.

Dahbomb

What was wrong with the PAL Devil May Cry?
It ran at a much lowered framerate and was slower too.

Curious to see those hidden ability upgrades, there seem to be a lot. Hopefully there is a sprint option too.

The weapons move list isn't really that impressive but whatever... It was to be expected.

What was wrong with the PAL Devil May Cry?

Basically it was 50Hz game instad of 60Hz of the NTSC version. Basically the game run on less framerate than on NTSC, lot's of PS2 releases suffered from the same problem.

Partially why I loved my GC back then, most of the games were PAL60.

If he's talking about the video I think he is, then it's not damage control, the guys giving commentary were fucking annoying

Well yeah. I'm talking about that, I'm talking about specifically how one of the guys says he doesn't like "combo beat em' ups" and thought the original Devil May Cry was "okay". Why the hell is this guy doing the playthrough then?

Both of them come off as extremely unprofessional, and if those were the guys Capcom UK chose to demo the game and try to "convince" people of how legit it was, then it definately deserves that like/dislike ratio it earned.

Also, I love the bit where the dude goes, "Resi 6 was freaking awesome, and if anyone disagrees with me, I challenge you, man woman or child, to a flintlock pistol duel."

WTF

ezekial45

Banned
Their attitude is in stark contrast of what I've seen in the U.S. videos.

They do come off as more annoyed and irritated by the fans who're outspoken against the game. The US/Unity guys have been pretty upbeat and friendly about the game every time they show it. They've been doing a pretty great job on the streams.

But yeah, Capcom UK guys do come off the wrong way in the video. Honestly, I shouldn't have posted it here in the first place, since it's just gonna side track things. Even though it was just uploaded, it's not even from the demo build.

Gbraga

I thought it was Overturn and The Fuck you boss. With overturn being the part that leads to the Bob Barbas.

In anycase, they said the demo would have secret areas and shit, indicating content that wasn't normally found in trade show demos. That, or the people playing the trade show demos never found these secrets. Also, I think ezekial may have made a mistake, but the demo includes a normal mode and a hard mode, not very hard?

I think it's normal and very hard, because hard is Nephilim and it was said that we could unlock Son of Sparda.

V_Arnold

OMG less than 2 days until the demo.

It has been a long ass wait.

That offscreen video up a few posts got me quite hyped, to be honest. One more example of why we should not discard U3 visually, not like Arkham City was not already a great example of that.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Even if this game doesn't live up to its heritage I'm starving for a mechanics-focused game that provides a sense of mastery along with multiple difficulty levels to really dig into. I hope the game is worth mastering.

(Not that I've ever been a DMC super pro.)

ezekial45

Banned
So what time do the demos, and new content in general, usually pop up on XBL and PSN?

I swear to God if Capcom makes this a gold only demo....

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So what time do the demos, and new content in general, usually pop up on XBL and PSN?

I swear to God if Capcom makes this a gold only demo....

XBL is ~5am est, but AFAIK demos are always gold only for the first week.

PSN is whenever the fuck they feel like it, usually later.

Dahbomb

Even if this game doesn't live up to its heritage I'm starving for a mechanics-focused game that provides a sense of mastery along with multiple difficulty levels to really dig into. I hope the game is worth mastering.

(Not that I've ever been a DMC super pro.)
This is what I said when someone asked me why I am hyped for DmCs demo.

Nevermind that I am a huge fan of combat driven games...its been so long since I played a new DMC game. I am starving for some stylish combat.... I want to feel the thrill of sustaining SSS combos for as long as I can.

DmC may not be the DMC game I deserve... but its the one I need now.

iavi

I don't think I've ever wished for a demo to leak as hard as I want one to for this game. Demos don't even leak.

The anticipation is killing me.

ezekial45

Banned
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/19/dmc-has-nothing-left-to-prove

It’s fair to say the DmC has looked better every time we’ve seen it. Ninja Theory was reticent about putting it into players’ hands until the combat was absolutely in place – a process that took years of careful work in collaboration with Capcom Japan – but now that the game is pretty much ready for release, the studio has nothing to hide. Armed with a near-complete version of the game, I put young Dante through his paces over a good ten missions, and found nothing at all to be worried about. On this evidence, this new DmC might actually be better than the Devil you know – the best game in the series since 2008’s Devil May Cry 3.

V_Arnold

Depends on who wrote the article not the site overall

That is why I did not make more assumptions, I do not know who wrote the God Hand review. But regardless, after that, any IGN editor should tell his writers to watch out what claims they are making, imho. But if DmC turns out to be even more awesome than it is shaping up to be, I will not complain :D

ezekial45

Banned
LHK wrote out a move list for us. I'm not 100% if this is everything that'll be in the demo, but it's a good start.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Rebellion:
Base 1: /\, /\, /\,/\
Base 2: /\,/\,(pause)/\,/\
Drive: /\ (hold and release) /\
Launcher: O
Hightime: O (press and hold)
Air Rave Base 1: In air: /\ /\ /\
Air Rave Base 2: In air: /\ /\ (pause) /\
Stinger: Forward – Forward /\
Million Stab: Forward – Forward /\ (mash /\)
Helm Breaker: In air: O

Osiris: (L2 must be held at all times during these set-ups)
Base 1: /\ /\ /\ /\.../\
Base 2: /\/\ (pause) /\ /\.../\
Launcher: /\ (press and hold)
Prop: O
Prop n Shredder: O then O
Forward Forward /\
Air: /\ /\ /\
Air: /\/\ (pause) /\ /\
Air: O

Arbitar:
/\/\/\
/\/\(pause)/\
Forward – Forward /\
O
/\ (press and hold)
Air: /\
Air: O
And I’m sure it’s caught a charge move. I honestly don't know too much about the arbitar.

Weapon Changing:
If you initiate the paused combo of one weapon, and switch to the other, you will automatically go into the alternate timed combo of the other weapon.

Example:
With Rebellion: /\, /\, (pause) R2+/\
You will go straight into Arbitar’s alternate timed combo ender. You can take this mentality from any one of the three weapons to an other. It doesn’t have to start with Rebllion.

Ebony and Ivory:
[]
press and hold [] then release
Rising Rainstorm: [] + X on ground (press and hold) to extend duration. (or it might be mash, not sure)
Air Rainstorm: []+X (press and hold)

If the shotgun is enabled in the demo, fireworks is preformed via []+X as well.

And finally, as a note – you want to demon pull enemy shields off. Judging by the footages I’ve seen, trying to break them with Rebellion and Osiris seems like a lost cause.

** These are PS3 controls.
/\ = Y
O = B
R2/L2 = Triggers
Square = X

The controls are one to one conversion between the ps3 and xbox 360.

Thanks for taking the time, LHK.

Top Bottom