• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC: Devil May Cry - Demo Thread [Demo out now on XBL & PSN]

Dahbomb

That movelist is missing names. I will watch footage and type the names, the moves names are listed as you perform them.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So, because it's symptomatic across the board, we can't call IGN out on it.
Thanks for playing.

You can't logically use a positive preview as fodder for IGN-specific hate, no.

You're totally right that they fucked up the date and probably don't know what they're talking about. But the positive preview is not evidence of anything.

Go right ahead. The combat dojo video showed a lot of the move list.

Come on, you know you're gonna play the demo like everyone else.

why? Especially if its the same demo Ive already played?

Honestly, I dont want my presence derailing the thread. I am reading for wider GAF impressions and that's it. No hidden meaning or interest in a game I resolutely will not be buying for a multitude of reasons.

Gbraga

That movelist is missing names. I will watch footage and type the names, the moves names are listed as you perform them.

I'll try to help.

Rebellion:
/\, /\, /\,/\ - Hacker
/\,/\,(pause)/\,/\ - Death Coil
In air: /\ /\ (pause) /\ - Roulette Spin

Osiris:
No idea lol
I guess /\ /\ pause /\ in the air is Double Up, and the air launcher is Rake, also the Stinger is Streak or something, right?

Arbiter:
It has Tremor, Flush and something else, but I don't remember >_>

If I'm not mistaken, air launcher is Drop, isn't it?

EDIT: Ricoshot is hold square
Osiris first combo is Karma
The hold launcher is Raze
Arbiter's first combo I believe is Judgment

That's all I remember.

ezekial45

Banned
why? Especially if its the same demo Ive already played?

Honestly, I dont want my presence derailing the thread. I am reading for wider GAF impressions and that's it. No hidden meaning or interest in a game I resolutely will not be buying for a multitude of reasons.

It may be the same levels, but it's not same build of the game from TGS/GC/Eurogamer conventions. It'll have much more polish and include all the tweaks and changes they got from general feedback.

You're presence isn't derailing anything, it's just that you keep saying that you're not gonna talk about the game, but you keep posting here. You're just as curious as anyone else about this game. Don't deny it.

EDIT: But don't think I don't want you to post here. You're a smart guy and you have some great observations and ideas that I can gleam from, despite the fact we have some differences. We all want a good game here, after all.

You could just NOT post, and then nobody could respond to you, and then nobody could bring up the fact that every single thread you say, "I'm out of these threads, my opinions are known!"

and then like clockwork show up in the next one, "my opinions are known!"

It may be the same levels, but it's not same build of the game from TGS/GC/Eurogamer conventions. It'll have much more polish and include all the tweaks and changes they got from general feedback.

You're presence isn't derailing anything, it's just that you keep saying that you're not gonna talk about the game, but you keep posting here. You're just as curious as anyone else about this game. Don't deny it.

Ok, just to clarify:-

I said I have lost interest in buying the game.
I have also said I will not be shitting up threads with my opinions on the game anymore.
I am interested to see the reactions to the demo, hense why i still read the threads, although Ive stopped commenting by and large.

I only posted about the silly comment in the IGN preview, not in regards to the game itself.

You could just NOT post, and then nobody could respond to you, and then nobody could bring up the fact that every single thread you say, "I'm out of these threads, my opinions are known!"

and then like clockwork show up in the next one, "my opinions are known!"

I haven't said one thing about the game in this thread. and there have been 2 DmC threads since the last one I was in with not a post by me.

rvy

Banned
Yeah, so what they need to do, in order to -not- be IGNorant is write up a negative preview of the game. BAM! We got solutions up in here.

No, they need to check some facts before they write, otherwise we end up with stupid shit like DMC 3 coming out in 2008

BAM!

No, they need to check some facts before they write, otherwise we end up with stupid shit like DMC 3 coming out in 2008

BAM!

They wouldn't stop the preview from being positive.

Those two thoughts in your original post don't seem to correlate with each other.

But that lack of fact changing on the particular date a PS2 game released in has nothing to do with their ignorance being based on a positive preview like you suggest in your post. So, what you said now is a valid statement, they do need to double check release dates, but you implying that they are ignorant because they write something positive about a game makes zero sense. I'm all for hating on whatever you want to hate on, that's fantastic, but be less transparent about it. And what is, 2003? We're back to IGNorant jokes again?

They wouldn't stop the preview from being positive.

Those two thoughts in your original post don't seem to correlate with each other.

Basically this.

rvy

Banned
But that lack of fact changing on the particular date a PS2 game released in has nothing to do with it being a positive preview like you suggest in your post. So, what you said now is a valid statement, they do need to double check release dates, but you implying that they are ignorant because they write something positive about a game makes zero sense. I'm all for hating on whatever you want to hate on, that's fantastic, but be less transparent about it.

It has to do with the validity of said preview. If the guy, who is paid to know about gaming, is writing a preview about a franchise and comes up with ridiculous shit like DMC 3 coming out in 2008, guess what, people who care aren't gonna take him seriously.
They are ignorant because they can't even get something as simple as a release date correct. And this takes away any validity that the preview may have.
They are ignorant because they think God Hand is a 3.0 game.
I could list things until the cows come home.

IGN has no credibility. Show me a preview from EG or EDGE and I'd be happy to read it.

abadguy

Banned
I look forward to trying it out. It will be interesting to see if NT can make a game that doesn't play like shit. Hopefully some of Capcom's combat mojo rubbed off on them and there is a decent combat system in there somewhere amongst the angst and edgyness .

Izick

I'm going to try and come into this completely unbiased tomorrow, but that's near impossible at this point. You know, I'm not one of those people who love to master these types of games. I played and enjoyed the past games and Bayonetta for the awesome, fun gameplay and fucking DUMB story that is always a good time.

I'm really curious to see how this stacks up on both fronts, as I know the gameplay will obviously feel different, and the story seems super serious for the most part. I'm not saying it has to be fuckin' DUMB to be enjoyable though, I'm open for some serious business though.

I don't know, I guess I'm coming in hoping for the best and prepared for the worst.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It has to do with the validity of said preview. If the guy, who is paid to know about gaming, is writing a preview about a franchise and comes up with ridiculous shit like DMC 3 coming out in 2008, guess what, people who care aren't gonna take him seriously.
They are ignorant because they can't even get something as simple as a release date correct. And this takes away any validity that the preview may have.
They are ignorant because they think God Hand is a 3.0 game.
I could list things until the cows come home.

IGN has no credibility. Show me a preview from EG or EDGE and I'd be happy to read it.

zzzzzzzz

Just about every preview for every game is positive. Not like they give journos exclusive early access to the game to write poor things about it

I don't know why you're acting like this towards this one in particular

TreIII

My enjoyment of this demo will be contingent on how close I can get to a facsimile of my fave style (Gunslinger). Give me quality gunkata or go right back to hell.

rvy

Banned
zzzzzzzz

Just about every preview for every game is positive. Not like they give journos exclusive early access to the game to write poor things about it

I don't know why you're acting like this towards this one in particular

Because it's bullshit, it needs to stop and I care about DMC. What's the problem here? Don't like it? There's an ignore list, use it.

Some folks are so tsundere when it comes to DmC.

Feeling the perks of owning a 360 for the first time in over a year. Instead of having to wait for the PSN EU store to update whenever the fuck it likes on Wednesday, I can grab myself the demo on XBL tomorrow with no nonsense! Woo.

zlatko

Banned
The game won't run over 30FPS, and Dante looks different, MOVE THE FUCK ON !

Positives for this game so far:

-Final Dante design a LOT better than original
- Art design for environments is spectacular
- Enemies look great
- Combat looks as slick as ever

Negatives:

-Vergil looks stupid as fuck
- Story looks like total garbage

Abylim

I dont like how Dante looks, and certain things have soured me on this.
But, I'll be trying the demo when it comes out. As someone else said, looking for a good action game to get into, like Bayo.
Plus I love the shit out of DMC stuff. Hopefully its decent!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Some folks are so tsundere when it comes to DmC.

That implies that we secretly want to bone it. I assure you that I do not.

- Enemies look great

Negatives:

No.

Also I think the enemies look pretty bad in this game. Maybe I've missed something, but they've been pretty awful so far.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So these xbox demos come out on Tuesday. Like, crack of midnight Tuesday type deal or random mid-day evening. (let's say, we're dealing with EST)

I'm pretty sure it's mid-day. I think they're a little prompter with things that people will actually spend points on, like DLC or Arcade games.

GooeyHeat

Why isn't this the Demo Thread of FUCK YOU?
And I can't wait to fumble with the controls as I transition from DMC3 and 4 to this game. Why have moves that look exactly the same, but are performed completely differently? I also expect to have problems with the auto lock-on system. But I'll try it. Perhaps I'll be surprised.

Also, FUCK YOU

Dahbomb

Almost done with the movelist I am only missing one move (the Arbiter forward, forward Triangle move, I think its Flush). I even got the names of those kick and punch moves after pulls.

I am adding some descriptions to the moves as well.

What's a tsundere?

Midou

Thread title reminded me of Shenmue...

Let's get sweaty!

Every time I hear anything close to the phrase in the spoiler, I think of Shenmue..

I've thought pretty poorly of DmC most of this time, but I am going into the demo expecting to enjoy it. So we shall see.

sleepykyo

What's a tsundere?

Wiki gives

Tsundere (ツンデレ?, pronounced [tsɯndeɽe]) is a Japanese character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing his or her warm side over time.

Zen

Banned

- Enemies look great

Negatives:

So the positives far out weight the negatives (including the ones in your first sentence)? You're not really selling me on this.

I don't think there's enough popcorn in the world for what's coming.

And the PASBR review thread the same day too. That one could be potentially worse. Especially if the reviews are mixed/negative.

I think I'd better just stay away from NeoGaf tomorrow.

Top Bottom