• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC: Devil May Cry - Demo Thread [Demo out now on XBL & PSN]

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This thread is killing my hype....

ixz1VB7D4WpPA.gif

Hahahaha

sleepykyo

PC version should be out FIRST

I could see stating that NT should be PC only since their obsession with graphics will ensure games are going to run sub par on closed platforms, but I don't see why the PC version of a multi-plat brawler should be out first.

We've seen both of those types of enemies before. The former can only be hurt with weapons of the same affinity(Angel = Blue, Demon = Red), the latter need you to use demon pull to get rid of the shield or the arbiter to do damage through the shield(possibly the Eryx's charge attacks as well?).

Ikaruga-style enemies? Better normal enemies than DMC3 confirmed.

Glass Rebel

What a perfect time to post these:

Sage Meyers (the actress playing Kat) doing cosplay

I wish Kat looked more like her and less than some Heavenly Sword/Enslaved reject...

I could see stating that NT should be PC only since their obsession with graphics will ensure games are going to run sub par on closed platforms, but I don't see why the PC version of a multi-plat brawler should be out first.

60fps :I

Glass Rebel

Doesn't seem like it. At least, not now. The PC port job is being handled by Qloc(SFxT) and was only started not to long ago, if I'm correct.

Judging from their site they're also a Wii U developer... DmC: Wii U edition coming alongside PC?
turned into an on-rails brawler

V_Arnold

Forget Enslaved responsiveness folks, this is way more responsive. Way more.
I do not like the soft targeting because it is less forgiving than the hard one, but once one learns it, there is great potential in this one.

Holding down triggers for angel/demon weapons add variety to the combat in the first second, and with the LT+x pulling YOU towards mobs and RT+x pulling mobs towards you, the mobility is quite great.

(Also, it might just be me, but after a launcher, jumping up is less precise then pulling yourself towards the mob that got launched, so get used to B -> lt+x instead of B -> A, imho).

Edit: even simpler, just hold down B and you auto-follow the mob that got launched :D

Synless

Well, it certainly doesn't "feel" like 60fps, not that anyone believed that bullshit, but at least it appears to play well. I wouldnt know too much about that though because the demo froze up on me about 10 minutes in.

V_Arnold

Well, it certainly doesn't "feel" like 60fps, not that anyone believed that bullshit, but at least it appears to play well. I wouldnt know too much about that though because the demo froze up on me about 10 minutes in.

..it kinda does, to be honest :p Input-wise, it definitely is closer to 60fps than 30fps, most likely because input latency has nothing to do with the rendering :D

luffeN

Just played the first level with webcam around my neck to control the gamepad (for Wii U later). Only 15% of completion oO Seems that you can explore quite a bit in the levels. And warning: I am no expert in DmC :p

Edit: Enslaved was the name of the game, damn!

Synless

..it kinda does, to be honest :p Input-wise, it definitely is closer to 60fps than 30fps, most likely because input latency has nothing to do with the rendering :D
I will have to disagree with on how it feels, the game clearly is 30fps with some wierd stutters that makes the gameplay not as smooth. On a positive not though, the graphics and art style are very very nice. I like the use of colors.

The game desperately needs a camera speed option, it moves too slow for my tastes.

V_Arnold

I will have to disagree with on how it feels, the game clearly is 30fps with some wierd stutters that makes the gameplay not as smooth. On a positive not though, the graphics and art style are very very nice. I like the use of colors.

The game desperately needs a camera speed option, it moves too slow for my tastes.

If you mean animation cancelling as "stutter", then it stutters, otherwise it is responsive as fuck. But yeah, let us agree to disagree :D

Synless

If you mean animation cancelling as "stutter", then it stutters, otherwise it is responsive as fuck. But yeah, let us agree to disagree :D
I wasnt talking about during combat :D

It's a solid 30 here. Not one stutter. The game could really use some AA, though.
Well, your not playing a different version of the demo than I am, the stutter is there. I should clarify though, its not a constant framerate fluctuation as much as it is a slight pause.

iavi

It's a solid 30 here. Not one stutter. The game could really use some AA, though.

I'm sure PS360frame will have his analysis up in the next few days. He does framerate and input lag tests. So that'll put any arguments about the performance to rest.

V_Arnold

Also, try Son of Sparda difficulty. Even the first encounter will have a HUGE surprise in store for anyone looking for a relaxed juggling :p

S1kkZ

short impressions after the first demo level (loved dmc 3 (standard version), liked dmc 4, i was disgusted when they first showed the re-boot):

-looks very nice. no framedrops, stutters, tearing or other shit.
-controls feel fine, but its been over 3 years since i played a dmc game.
-camera works most of the time but there are some issues.
-a lot more plattforming than in the other games (from what i remember). it works fine and i think its a nice addition.

i am not a hardcore dmc player/fan, but the game looks and feels pretty good so far.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Son of Spada is clearly the proper difficulty to start off at. Overall, very positive from me. Looks nice, runs well, introduction to combat went smooth and I had a feel for it relatively quickly. The boss fight was super easy, though.

Gbraga

Son of Spada is clearly the proper difficulty to start off at. Overall, very positive from me. Looks nice, runs well, introduction to combat went smooth and I had a feel for it relatively quickly. The boss fight was super easy, though.

I believe Son of Sparda is not unlocked from the start in the final game, you only have up to Nephilim.

dan2026

Seems solid on the 360. Would never trust an Unreal engine game on the PS3 though.

Anyone else find the hidden challenge room behind the ardent door?
Cool shit.

S1kkZ

how do i break the red glowing graffiti wall in the first level? tried every weapon (worked on the other hidden doors).

It is I am playing now.
Its in the usual place, under demos, next to Epic Mickey I think.

I sure as hell am not seeing it anywhere. Could it be anything to do with the fact that I don't have a gold account? I stopped paying for XBL a couple of years ago.

Top Bottom